[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Little Nyonya 小娘惹

bluehibiscus

i am a huge fans of this origin drama (Mediacorp) as it is shot in Penang Peranakan as one of the location that time.. now the remake makes me super happy as i able to watch it again .. it is released in IQIYI with subs!!!!!  But i am sad.. they didn't use the exact dialect of Baba Nyonya for greetings but they maintain the Culture.. i wonder whether did they really comes to Malacca, Penang and Singapore to shoot it or they use studio? Anyone knows?

Last Sunday, a website sudden release all episode (shock me!) .. and i manage to catch the last episode of this remake raw... lol.. conclusion, the director and the writer did a good job on the ending

still makes me sad as they didn't use the dialect! 

3 hours ago, visiopeia said:

i am a huge fans of this origin drama (Mediacorp) as it is shot in Penang Peranakan as one of the location that time.. now the remake makes me super happy as i able to watch it again .. it is released in IQIYI with subs!!!!!  But i am sad.. they didn't use the exact dialect of Baba Nyonya for greetings but they maintain the Culture.. i wonder whether did they really comes to Malacca, Penang and Singapore to shoot it or they use studio? Anyone knows?

Last Sunday, a website sudden release all episode (shock me!) .. and i manage to catch the last episode of this remake raw... lol.. conclusion, the director and the writer did a good job on the ending

still makes me sad as they didn't use the dialect! 

I am on episode 4.  I just wonder if you could spoil, how she not ends up with the J-guy.

2 hours ago, mei yang said:

just watched  full eps. this virson changed something .and also they add new characters. i want to say happy ending.so dont cry somuch

Where did u watch all episodes.  I wastch on iQIYI and it shows two episodes per day.  I skip the torture or abusive scenes.  I can't take it. 

I really enjoyed the original Singaporean version. Was thrilled that they decided to do another. This sticks pretty true to that version, it even has some of its previous cast as well.

Poor Ju Xiang. She's a typical Cinderella, just mute. 

I am a Malaysian and I found it fascinating on the cultures of the Peranakan people. The bit on how the girl has to prove her virginity with a white cloth is er... unsettling eheheh. 

That Charlie is a monster ugh. Knowing how this will end, it'd be more obstacles and family tragedies to come. Sort of make me cringe when the guy tried to speak Malay.

hahahahhaa

Guess what, my mom has been cursing ever since she watched ep 1 .. she curse on the step mother of Ju Xiang ... then curse on the sister in law... now Yue Niang's turn... she curse again... she curse on the step grandmother, step aunties, and step elder sister... gosh.. every episode she will definitely pissed and curse them...lol.. and yet she still watch them all..... hahahhahahahhaha 

Last night episode where Yue Niang fall on the well, she was sooooo pissed that she scold at Ah Tao... why she didn't open the well's cover? i watched my mom react and wanted to laugh.. isn't my mom cute? hahahahahhahahhahahahhaha

She watched before the drama 12 years ago and yet she still pissed even though she know the story ... her cursing on those evil ppl is like never ending... oh my god! hahahahahhaahha.. tonight another 2 episode.. hope she won't throw her tablet onto the floor... hahahahahhaha

2 hours ago, visiopeia said:

hahahahhaa

Guess what, my mom has been cursing ever since she watched ep 1 .. she curse on the step mother of Ju Xiang ... then curse on the sister in law... now Yue Niang's turn... she curse again... she curse on the step grandmother, step aunties, and step elder sister... gosh.. every episode she will definitely pissed and curse them...lol.. and yet she still watch them all..... hahahhahahahhaha 

Last night episode where Yue Niang fall on the well, she was sooooo pissed that she scold at Ah Tao... why she didn't open the well's cover? i watched my mom react and wanted to laugh.. isn't my mom cute? hahahahahhahahhahahahhaha

She watched before the drama 12 years ago and yet she still pissed even though she know the story ... her cursing on those evil ppl is like never ending... oh my god! hahahahahhaahha.. tonight another 2 episode.. hope she won't throw her tablet onto the floor... hahahahahhaha

I skipped those scenes too.  I can't watch someone abused another person.  

On 7/2/2020 at 7:58 PM, lovehuche said:

Where did u watch all episodes.  I wastch on iQIYI and it shows two episodes per day.  I skip the torture or abusive scenes.  I can't take it. 

I  am Chinese .so before this drama was aired on IQIYI and CCTV8,this drama has been aired on a shanghai local televison. if you know Chinese ,i think it is not difficult for u to find the fulleps

On 7/7/2020 at 8:54 AM, visiopeia said:

hahahahhaa

indeed.. your mum is so cute.. hahahaha :D

On 7/7/2020 at 11:33 AM, lovehuche said:

I skipped those scenes too.  I can't watch someone abused another person.  

same, i also skip the abuse part.. cant take it..

On 7/6/2020 at 8:58 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

I really enjoyed the original Singaporean version. Was thrilled that they decided to do another. This sticks pretty true to that version, it even has some of its previous cast as well.

Poor Ju Xiang. She's a typical Cinderella, just mute. 

I am a Malaysian and I found it fascinating on the cultures of the Peranakan people. The bit on how the girl has to prove her virginity with a white cloth is er... unsettling eheheh. 

That Charlie is a monster ugh. Knowing how this will end, it'd be more obstacles and family tragedies to come. Sort of make me cringe when the guy tried to speak Malay.

did you realize that the yamamoto yousuke played by same actor "Dai Xiangyu".

I did not really watch the singapore version, and out of curious i watch singapore version while watching the new version..

I dont like the ending singapore version. It was so sad....

Chinese version... ending look like happy... after the difficult both main lead should be together...

@visiopeia

Your mom's a true drama viewer LMFAo! 

@dashmount20

Yes! Him and the old lady Chen are from the original S'pore version. 

I forgot the ending of the original LoL. But I can't stand Robert and Charlie as well as the entire Huang family! By the way it's funny to me that they cast Robert to be somewhat the same age as Charlie WTF LoL!? 

I am curious to know who's cast as the foreigner lawyer that falls for Yue Niang eheheh?? 

On 7/14/2020 at 12:18 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

@visiopeia

Your mom's a true drama viewer LMFAo! 

@dashmount20

Yes! Him and the old lady Chen are from the original S'pore version. 

I forgot the ending of the original LoL. But I can't stand Robert and Charlie as well as the entire Huang family! By the way it's funny to me that they cast Robert to be somewhat the same age as Charlie RickRoll'D LoL!? 

I am curious to know who's cast as the foreigner lawyer that falls for Yue Niang eheheh?? 

Lady Chen, is she the grandmother of chen sheng and chen gong?

i thought she is singapore actress Xiang Yun (Edmund Chen wife).

ending of original is very sad...

Spoiler

ending of original, the yue niang marry with the lawyer and childless.

while Chen Xi marry Libby and have 6 kids.

I dunno why the ending is very sad... Yue Niang is good girl.. she deserve to get everything cos she will forever will protected by her ancestor.

3 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

ending of original is very sad...

Hide contents

ending of original, the yue niang marry with the lawyer and childless.

while Chen Xi marry Libby and have 6 kids.

I dunno why the ending is very sad... Yue Niang is good girl.. she deserve to get everything cos she will forever will protected by her ancestor.

the current ending is better ^^

On 6/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, visiopeia said:

i wonder whether did they really comes to Malacca, Penang and Singapore to shoot it or they use studio? Anyone knows?

They did travel to Singapore and Malaysia. In Malaysia, they went to KL, Penang and they constructed a set in Johor (Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studio). In China, they filmed in places like Hainan.

I am happy to read that it did very well in China, taking top spot for most of the days.

The filming location in Malaysia according to the ending credits of this drama:

1. Penang Peranakan Mansion 

2. Carcosa Seri Negara (Asian Heritage Museum)

3. Cheap Kongsi Penang 

4. Komtar Penang

5. Osel Group

6. Suffolk House Penang 

7. Seven Terraces Penang 

8. Penang botanical garden 

9. Ktm Renggam 

You can Google for the details of these locations.

On 7/18/2020 at 2:34 PM, Annie Tan said:

The filming location in Malaysia according to the ending credits of this drama:

1. Penang Peranakan Mansion 

2. Carcosa Seri Negara (Asian Heritage Museum)

3. Cheap Kongsi Penang 

4. Komtar Penang

5. Osel Group

6. Suffolk House Penang 

7. Seven Terraces Penang 

8. Penang botanical garden 

9. Ktm Renggam 

You can Google for the details of these locations.

3. It is Cheah Kongsi ... 

Yup, Peranak Mansion.. for Huang's family home.. 

On 7/17/2020 at 11:23 PM, bluehibiscus said:

They did travel to Singapore and Malaysia. In Malaysia, they went to KL, Penang and they constructed a set in Johor (Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studio). In China, they filmed in places like Hainan.

I am happy to read that it did very well in China, taking top spot for most of the days.

Hainan.. yes.. the street market is shoot there.... i remember the staircase ... 

so basically nearly all are from Penang ... 

36 episodes and there is only a handful of people I can stand. Every person in the Huang family is RickRoll'D up beyond belief (except YuZhu). 

Spoiler

A woman was raped and all they could care about was their reputation and the fortune they could reap. The sister is the worst of the lot. She saw her sister get raped and all she could think about was how it was her chance to get married to a guy she doesn't even like (you can tell from the way she reacted when he was sick). She is like the rest of her despicable family.  They are RickRoll'D terrible people who deserve the worst of the worst. 

None of the men have any backbone and the women are filled with so much jealousy and hatred and they wonder why their men love other women. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the Mediacorp production ages ago with my mom, and to this day I still remember the lyrics to the theme song. It was my favourite drama of all time (from Mediacorp) bar none.

Can't really stop myself from comparing the original and the remake. I really loved the original and watched it many times, but felt that the part with Yue Niang's granddaughter and 2 boys fighting over her could have been left out. So was glad there was none of that in the remake. And am slso happy that the remake had Yue Niang and Chen Xi together at last! Yay! It's as though the remake was done just to give a happy ending to Yue Niang and Chen Xi. :happyshakes:

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Little Nyonya 小娘惹

Archived