[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@syntycheI watched the teaser you posted above.  While I don't understand Korean, does it seem that the drama isn't starting until March 2020? I assumed I would be watching in January. Ugh, that's too long to wait!:bawling:

I want to add that whether this drama succeeds or fails depends on the entire cast, not just one member.  I think that we all should be supportive and cheer for each and every actor/actress.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@syntycheI watched the teaser you posted above.  While I don't understand Korean, does it seem that the drama isn't starting until March 2020? I assumed I would be watching in January. Ugh, that's too long to wait!:bawling:

I want to add that whether this drama succeeds or fails depends on the entire cast, not just one member.  I think that we all should be supportive and cheer for each and every actor/actress.  

Hi @CarolynH, it does seem to translate to March 2020. But I haven't come across any news yet saying that we would have to wait for it until March. Let's hope we would see it much sooner. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hi @CarolynH, it does seem to translate to March 2020. But I haven't come across any news yet saying that we would have to wait for it until March. Let's hope we would see it much sooner. 

Lee Min Ho’s Wikipedia page has put MBN as the network for this drama. 

Is that a cable company?

• Like 2

Leeminho. Such a great actor with great works. I love his acting. He could deliver the message of the story so well. I even could understand the message only by his eyes. And as far as I know, only a few artist could do that. Excellent

Edited by yuiy78
  • Like 8

I totally agree with this. I’m a fairly new fan of his as he isn’t well known in the UK and I discovered him on Netflix which has The Heirs and BOF. I bought all the series and the two films and have watched them all in the last three months and I am amazed by the different roles he played. He is a brilliant actor.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Lee Min Ho’s Wikipedia page has put MBN as the network for this drama. 

Is that a cable company?

Hi @Lindyloo421, MBN is a cable TV network. But we have no confirmed news yet as to the network where the drama would be shown.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

Leeminho. Such a great actor with great works. I love his acting. He could deliver the message of the story so well. I even could understand the message only by his eyes. And as far as I know, only a few artist could do that. Excellent

Yes, I think he does a particularly good job of conveying emotion with his eyes in Faith, where he´s playing the stoic warrior, Choi Young. I´ve watched it umpteen times.  Looking forward to ‘The King´!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, msdot said:

Yes, I think he does a particularly good job of conveying emotion with his eyes in Faith, where he´s playing the stoic warrior, Choi Young. I´ve watched it umpteen times.  Looking forward to ‘The King´!

Faith. I love Faith so so much. Yes you're right. His eyes was playing such a significant role in there. And for me, that was fantastic. I always love artists who can convey emotions only by their eyes, like Robbin William, or jack Nicholson. Their acting is subtle, but superb 

Edited by yuiy78
  • Like 7

On 6/9/2019 at 4:03 PM, i-Minoz said:

this fanpage on facebook reach 13.000 likes...
Please like this fanpage on fb

here the link >> https://web.facebook.com/LeeMinHoNewDrama/?ref=bookmarks

Some of the fan made posters on this  Facebook page are so beautiful. LMH has some really talented fans. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 5

Actor Son Seok-gu appears in 'The King' by Kim Eun-sook. 

A drama official said on June 10, "Son Seok-gu will join the cast of 'The King' which is expected in the first half of 2020. " 

Son Seok-gu plays the role of a powerful homicide detective in the drama. He demonstrates his outstanding ability to solve the case with his calm personality and persistence...

Sohn Seok-gu, appeared in 'Suits', '60 Days, Designated Survivor', which is broadcasted next month...

'The King: The Eternal Monarch' is the Imperial Emperor played by Lee Min-ho (I-gon), who wants to close the door of the dimension against the whisper of the Devil in a parallel world. Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Son Seok Gu, Woo Do-hwan, etc. have been cast and shooting to start the second half of this year to improve the perfection of the drama. Broadcasting is first half of next year.

(as translated by Google and Papago)

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002924057

• Like 6

Actor Jung Eun-chae joins the Kim Eun-sook division.

Multiple broadcasting officials said Thursday that Jung will join the "The King: The Eternal Lord." Jung Eun-chae is known to have recently held a meeting with the production team.

Jung has shown impressive performances with SBS' "Return" and OCN's "Son the Guest." Kim Eun-sook's work was her first to join the group.

Jung Eun-chae plays Gu Seo-ryeong in "The King." Gu Seo-ryeong is the youngest prime minister and first female prime minister of the Korean Empire, and a woman who started from the bottom and rose to the top. After overcoming her past when she graduated from college with all kinds of part-time jobs and chose to marry a political family, she studied hard at her in-laws' home, entered politics, and chose to divorce them. Her next target is Emperor Yi-gon (Lee Min-ho). This creates tension between Egon and Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun).

"The King: Lord of Eternity" is a fantasy novel played by Lee Min-ho, the emperor of the Korean Empire, who tries to close the doors of the dimension against the whispers of the devil, and Kim Go-eun, a Korean detective who tries to protect someone's life, people, and love against the backdrop of a parallel world that was rarely covered in the drama.

Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun and Woo Do-hwan have confirmed their appearances, while Jung Eun-chae and Son Suk-gu are expected. It will start shooting in the second half of this year and air in the first half of next year.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003427165

Jeong Eun-chae expressed her position on starring on Kim Eun-sook's new drama, "The King: The King of Eternity."

Regarding the news on June 10 of her appearance on "The King", an official with the actor's side said, "We just had a meeting, and nothing has been decided yet."

"The King" is a fantasy romance drama about Yi-gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong-tae, a liberal Korean detective who seeks to protect someone's life, people and love, as they cross the two worlds. Actors Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun and Woo Do-hwan have confirmed their appearances.

In order to improve the drama's perfection, the company will start filming in the second half of this year and visit the small screen in the first half of 2020. The broadcasting company has not been decided yet.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000121399

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Spoiler

4d314e35ly1g3pjodvbhij20qn08utbh.jpg

According to the early information about this drama.

The role of a powerful homicide detective will be the 2nd male lead and the youngest prime minister will be the 2nd female lead.

The 2nd male lead will have sad romance with Jung Tae-Eul (Kim Go-Eun).

• Like 5