[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Kim Go Eun Enters Lee Min Ho’s Kingdom In Episode 4 Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

IGNORING THE GROWING ATTACHMENT TO THE IMPOSING MAN SHE MEETS, JUNG TAE EUL FINALLY SEES THE EVIDENCE RIGHT BEFORE HER VERY EYES IN THE LATEST EPISODE OF THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH.

Some details about the Republic and the Kingdom are unveiled in episodes 3 and 4 of The King: Eternal Monarch. More importantly, the unfortunate supernatural element that binds Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and Lee Lim (Lee Jung Jin), leaves clues to how they maneuver the portal that lets them cross the other world they don’t belong.

Spoiler

Deducing his nephew already stumbled on the alternate world where he has been hiding, Lee Lim also makes a return to the Kingdom, while Lee Gon familiarizes himself in the Republic.

After gathering his loyal followers, Lee Lim seems to be brewing trouble for Lee Gon. The latter, who is astutes as he is, also figured something off in his loyal retainers after the cryptic autopsy report of the presumed dead Prince Lee Lim.

5ea23b95e3a6c71e7c2b7d30-p-768x512.jpg

5ea23b95e3a6c71e7c2b7d2f-p-768x512.jpg

THE KEY TO OPEN THE PORTAL

In episode 3, Jung Tae Eul musters all her patience as the Emperor still babbles about parallel universe concept. His scientific-based explanations that he sugarcoats with mushy sentences slowly but surely warms up Tae Eul’s heart.

Lee Gon also learns that time stops when someone uses the portal linking the two worlds. That the magical flute he and his uncle both have is the key to enter the portal. Also, that his body reacts painfully to thunderstorm.

Spoiler

5ea23b95c79eef2eb8030928-p-768x512.jpg

When Lee Gon returned to the Kingdom, his icy and expressionless communication with Prime Minister Goo Seu Ryeong (Jung Eun Chae) continues.

A glimpse of Prime Minister Seu Ryeong’s commoner background plus a possible connection with Lee Rim and Prince Buyeong is also revealed. A convention of villains and disguised villains smells trouble for our hero. Thus, expect his faithful allies not to backdown in supporting their King.

Spoiler

20200426_120109.jpg

20200426_120128-768x511.jpg

Interestingly, Tae Eul finally agrees to Lee Gon’s coaxing of introducing his world. Further aiding to her decision is backed up by her newly-claimed ID,  which was described perfectly by Lee Gon matching his initial remark that he has her ID.

Wrapped in Lee Gon’s arms aboard Maximus, they cross the Kingdom where Jo Yeong (Woo Do Hwan) awaits with the King’s guards.

Accelerating romance, The King: Eternal Monarch continues to push through its enthralling love story set in parallel worlds. In the preview of its upcoming episodes, it is now Jung Tae Eul’s time to explore Lee Gon’s world.

CHECK OUT THE RELEASED ORIGINAL SOUND TRACKS FROM THE SERIES SO FAR.

Spoiler

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-episode-4/

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

So many pages now since I last commented. A bit hard to tag everyone's comment and thoughts to add on mine. :sweat_smile:

So forgive me if it come out of the blue.

@Ameera Ali whaaaaaat??? We do not have our main couple name yet??? What kind of sorcery is this?

The King has already proposed to his future Queen!!! Lol

@bebebisous33 Do you think Lee Rim is immortal now? I just think that all the crossing could have just slow down his aging much much slower.

The reason LG is grown up is because he didn't cross over yet.

@CarolynH From episode 1, when they introduced the flute.. it is said to be a magical flute that grant wishes of the holder? (My mind is a bit mushed now so I might be wrong)

That is what prompted LR to take action to kill LG's father to take the flute so that he can wish and be accepted as The King? 

@ktcjdrama it was never mention how LG has the plushie except that I do recall LG going to JTE when she was having car trouble. Perhaps he saw her plushie and decided to get 1 too since he did drive her car for a while?

Maybe we will get to know more about it in future episodes. 

The thing about the 2 pillars, it is the gateway to another world.

But was it mention that it can also travel back and to the future?

This is what confused me.

The mystery of the saviour and how he has the future tag ID of JTE.

Aahhhh.. brain fried!

And if LG is to close the door, what will happen to JTE?

Geez... why do I feel that I will need a lot of Kleenex after all the sugar rush?

Since LL doesn't age, he is almost like an immortal. Notice that he is 70 years old and this has nothing to do with living in the parallel world. Lee Lim said that since he had the flute, he would no longer age. Furthermore, since people from Rep.Korea were sent to Mon.Corea and the reverse, they age like normal people.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I re-watched ep2 again and noticed something from what gangsters said about Luna. That she has no home and identity? Which is weird...sound like she came from Rep.Korea and can cross the gate anytime she want. Does anyone has any theories about this?

• Like 6

Nope we did not see when the cute keychain toys were bought :D

i think if last scene in the preview is LG asking JTE who is she looking for then JTE 's scene: evidence points to more evidence in episode 4 can be connected to reasons why JTE takes the leap of faith and goes to Corea.

also, i felt LG's logic of how his uncle's body was a symbol left is connected to JTE's logic of evidence that points to more evidence. But that could be me trying to find patterns.

i am wondering how did evil uncle get people from one side to the other? Are there other openings? Does he cross on foot and does he bring people one by one or in groups? Also, what does he do about people's memories? Does he pick the vulnerable and people without families?

voldemort uncle's right hand man is a bookseller in Korea, did the king pick the poem book from that store? 

Did anyone notice in netflix pictures hyung nim and pm stand together... does that mean that they are the cross-overs to the dark side? Hyung nim's only positive dreams are about JTE (that too very specific recent ones--- has her presence before not impacted him? Does she know about the gambling mom?).

Gambling circuit is connected to murders and evil uncle. The guy who tried to bribe hyung nim will appear again and again to facilitate the cross over. I feel bad for him.

For how long can JTE go missing and what will make her go back to Korea? Finding out about her from his informant, will evil uncle send Luna to infiltrate the security while LG is busy and cant go to Korea to check if luna is JTE or not? Last asusmption sounds stupid.

And zero has to behing a number to make it powerful so JTE will be working behind the scenes? Can JTE do some awesome but crucial to plot-line detective work plz.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Aleenaaa said:

Is he same person?

:blink:

Yes i noticed the focus on this guy too. Looks like he must have an some s

important role in future but i feel it will be helpful to king, not negative.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6

Eps 4 is good,no more detective scene although the investigation its kinda connected to evil crown prince . btw is jung tae eul kinda rich ? ,i mean she lived where her friends who called her unnie have 2 sports car and cafe. she lived in house which have big yards too.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Yes i noticed the focus on this guy too. Looks like he must have an some s

important role in future but i feel it will be helpful to king, not negative.

In Korea, he was shown only once and that too in the flashback. Curious to know about his present status in Korea:rolleyes:

• Like 4

THE LATEST EPISODE GOT ME FEELING GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Tbh, I was really just waiting for Taeeul to believe in the whole parallel universe thing and for lee geon to bring her to his world. 

THE ENDING OF THE EP WAS JUST SO SWEET LIKE ASDFJKL

Really can't wait for next week because it's time to see how taeeul would adapt to his world. though from the preview i can tell that lee geon will defo protect her from all the scrutiny she's gonna get. tho i was confused at the scene where she raised the gun at him, wonder what happened there!! 

Oh and also.. Corea's version of shinjae?????? like is it really his counterpart or... is it shinjae himself??? i mean since shinjae knows Corea's logo/symbol..!

• Like 9
  • Love 3

39 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

btw is jung tae eul kinda rich ?

Shouldnt be, but who knows!

Btw the lady running that coffee shop owns the cars, no? And i dont think they are blood relatives.

Why would JTE's promotion be affected by the id being lost? Any korean person who could give some context please.

I also felt that she deliberately doesnt try to retrieve the id as the child does say that I cam help u get it out. She is evasive when Hyung-nim asks. Does she want LG to appear but she is also scared that he would and rock the world as she knows it? Is this why she is prepared to investigate in the new world and why he says: who are you looling for in the preview? (Conjectures!)

Is it just me or does anyone else also feel that their editing and some camera moves are bad? Example: Lee Min Ho over the shoulder shots when he is conversing with doctor uncle. The sequence when JTE hands the purse stealing girl to the detective... to much precious air time spent in that specially if focus was to be on the lady and hyung nim's conversation?

*edited this para a bit*

JTE liked signal so she believes that time travel cam solve cases. Then episode 4: evidence leads to more evidence and her investigating in Corea makes sense. Actually, the biggest hint is: she became a detective because she saw investigative series and by 8 yrs of age she could solve crimes because of rewatching them. So her reference to signal and believing that crimes can be solved through collaboration over time jumps/travel... sounds plausible.

The characters motivations need to be clearer, we are still in grey territory with too many weird hints that could or couldnot be helpful. Am ready to be patient :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Now, both Lee Gon and Lee Rim become immortal? And they would not age, can stop time and can even time travel? 

Since from the time, Lee Gon found out the parallel world and travelled it, Lee Rim can also stop time, right? It looks like Lee Gon has more influence about the Manpasikjeok and parallel world than Lee Rim.

I'm quite confused about Kang Shin Jae is from which world.

• Like 3

These are some of the roughly translated comments about the video in which Lee Gon and Tae Eul are in the library. ^^ 

Netizens' comments are so good!! So positive!! I just love reading them. It is good to know that when Korean netizens leave negative comments, it is really powerfully negative in that I wouldn’t want to read them. On the hand, when they get immersed in a drama and start loving it, they just pour all these good comments which are so powerful and energizing. Many of them also say that ratings will shoot up starting next week. Some were saying that next week will be episode 1. This means that episode 4 was what they wanted and they look forward to episode 5. 

파리스힐튼

서로를 그리워하는 ㅠ 연출 브금도 너무 좋네요 아련아련해요

They miss each other ㅠ The price is too good

어느때

연출 브금까지 열일하니까 좋구나 더킹 더 흥해라

It's good that you work hard until the end of the production period.

배우가꿈

이곤과 정태을~ 앞으로 넘 궁금합니당! 두사람이 서로에 대한 생각이 많아지는 장면 제가 다 그리운 것 같네요ㅜ

I'm curious about Lee Gon and Jung Tae! The scene where two people have a lot of thoughts about each other.

햇살

이민호 김고은 서로 그리워하는 장면 연출 좋아요

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are in a scene where they miss each other.

햇살

이씬 자꾸 보게 되네요 두사람 조명 다르게 쓰는것도 브금도 카메라 워킹도

I keep seeing this scene. The two people use different lights, too, and even walking the camera

fghjk7962

제국 이민호 존멋 ㅠ 이장면 브금 넘좋다 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Imperial Lee Min-ho John Cool ㅠ I like this scene a lot ㅠㅠㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ

이쁜이

서로 그리워하는...너무 아름답구나...

Missing each other ... so beautiful …

hyj

오미치ㅣㄴㅠㅠㅠ

Omichi ㅣ ㄴ ㅠㅠㅠ

shine

제국 이민호 진짜 멋짐!

Imperial Lee Min-ho is really cool!

phar****

평행세계속의 한 시점~한장소에서 서로를 생각하는 눈빛 아련한 장면이네요

It's a parallel scene of thinking about each other at one point of parallelism.

햇살

이장연 연출 너무 좋았어요

Directing Jang Yeon Lee was so good

한그루

서로 그리워하고 궁금해 하는거 연출도 존좋

It's great to miss each other and wonder.

이을 커플의 아련한 그리움 연출도 음악도 굿.

The couple's vague longing and music are good.

nhch****

진짜 멋진 장면!! 넘나 아련 ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Really cool scene !! It's too vague ㅠ ㅠㅠㅠ

풀뿌리

이을 커플 예쁨

Beautiful couple

핸썸

이 장면 너무 좋음 브금까지 열일

This scene is so good

가을사랑

둘의 애틋한 장면들 이제부터 슬슬 시작인가~ 하... 제발 새드 엔딩은 안돼요 김은숙 작가님 ㅠㅠ 후유증 넘 크단 말야 흑

The sad scenes of the two are starting from now on ~ Ha ... Please, no sad ending.

작은소라

이 장면 연출 너무 좋다ㅜㅜㅜ

I like this scene so much

뿅듀아

멜로 하면 이민호 역시 실망 시키지 않네요

If you play melo, Lee Min-ho won't let you down either.

햄토리

이 연출 좋았네요 서로가 그리워하는 시간들

This production was good. Times that we miss each other

차파고

이장면 너무애절하잖아 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ하 오에스티까지 갓벽해 ..

This scene is very sad.

hey hey ji

이을 행복해라

Be happy

달에게

부분부분 연출은 좋은데...대한제국대한민국 구분은 아직 잘 안됨. 연출음악감독님 열일합시다!!!

The directing of the parts is good, but the Korean Empire is not well distinguished. Director Music Director Let's work !!!

fiuy

느낌 지대로 같은 공간 다른 세계

Different worlds in the same space as you feel

koru****

오늘 명장면중 하나

It is awesome in directing with the library Geum. I wanted this.

shin****

대한제국과 대한민국 도서관에 앉아서 서로의 빈자리를 느끼면서 서로에 대한 그리움을 회상하는 애틋한 눈빛의 이곤과 태을

Sitting in the library of the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea, feeling the empty space of each other and recalling the longings and pains of the sad eyes

MINO

이제부터 시작이다.

It is starting now.

qlqjs

3회 엔딩부터 조짐이 보이더니 4회에 드디어 기대한만큼 존잼이 됨ㅠㅠㅠ 연출도 좋고 연기좋고 이민호 김고은 잘 어울리고

From the 3rd ending, I can see the signs, and finally, in the 4th, it becomes a zone jam as expected.

mmmamamm

아...보는것만으로도 애틋해...심장쿵쿵해.... 아련해......!!!!

Ah ... just looking at it is pitiful ... heart pounding ... pity ... !!!!!

Cham

서로에 대한 그리움을 잘 표현한 연출이었음 굿굿

It was a good expression of longing for each other. Good Good

Credit: https://tv.naver.com/v/13534275#comment_focus

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

I just watched the latest episode and am happy to say that I am glad they are finally advancing the plot. With the new episodes, I think:

Spoiler

- I think it is our King himself who travelled back in time to save himself. I wish they would explaining the “lightning pains” and the stopping of time a little bit more. I he they are hinting at time travel but it just feels a bit odd without further explanation - so I hope we get it next week;

- I dislike the Lady Prime Minister lol - she is annoying;

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

and also.. Corea's version of shinjae?????? like is it really his counterpart or... is it shinjae himself??? i mean since shinjae knows Corea's logo/symbol..!

He remembers the symbol from his nightmares or childhood memories?

Btw hyung nim might just remain white because episode 1 opening seuqence: he and JTE are questioning evil uncle in 2020 and who knows LG is watching this from another room.

But hyungnim could go grey or dark if history was to change. Because events of 2019/20 will influence what happened 25 years ago?

Another conjecture could uncle know that someome from future disrupted his plan 25 years ago so he is working to stop that and thus  changing history: no splitting of the flute, prince LG not surviving. (Too science fiction influenced?)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Mingignim said:

I re-watched ep2 again and noticed something from what gangsters said about Luna. That she has no home and identity? Which is weird...sound like she came from Rep.Korea and can cross the gate anytime she want. Does anyone has any theories about this?

I don't know about the theories but you can refer to the character's description HERE B)

25 minutes ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

I'm quite confused about Kang Shin Jae is from which world.

Some of us think that he's originally from the Kingdom of Corea, but let's confirm it in the next episode and he is one of those people that has only one character's name.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have thinking about Lee Lim's financial situation. We saw that Lee Lim from Rep. Korea was not rich, he was even handicapped. But now, Lee Lim in Rep. Korea has a driver and is well dressed. He even has bodyguards. All this is pointing out that Lee Lim was able to get rich. Where does he get his money? In my opinion, it could be related to illegal gambling. Notice that we have two persons involved in gambling: Shin Jae's mother and the victim of a murder. I wrote in an earlier post that I suspected that Shin Jae's true origins were Mon. Corea and his mother and himself had switched places with the ones from Rep. Korea.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 8