[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

56 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

It is open to interpretation and it was not fully established that this flute is a diety 

The flute is not an omnipotent power and it was not strongly established as such but rather a magical flute that gives one abilities and it can't do other things outside of the qualities and tasks it can perform. An Omnipotent power should be able to do anything but the flute can't it has set of rules and limits which rules out the omnipotent power  

20 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Elnin Joery I will reiterate what I had said previously, the flute is not a deity, the flute is a physical extension of a deity aka Yo-Yo kid.

The flute may have its limit because it was a mere physical extension or essence  of a deity, not the actual deity themself. The deity or Yo-Yo kid didn't have limits, he could transform regardless of whether the flute was whole or halved. He could still travel to both worlds without the flute. And he had already seen it all ("all seeing" .... quality associated with God"), for example in that scene with LHJ's mom saying to the Yo-Yo kid, "You're telling the story as if you've seen it."

I agree with both, in Our Belief GOD is omnipotent with No Power Limitation, but as Seen with KES and her works, she categorizes Diety/God/Fate as well.

Major eg- Goblin, THE grandma /Lady GOD had less powers than the GOD residing in Deok-Hwa. Goblin was a God himself but he was a Manifestion or Extension of GOD In physical form having Limited Powers, he had to die in order for the heroine to Live. 

SImilar trajectory is followed for YoyoKid.

My understanding YoyoKid Fell into Second category of FATE deity ala Grandma God in Goblin not DEOKHWA God .He had substantial amount of Power. But as Folklores say Or quotes say GOD helps those those who help themselves, GOD couldnt have just whipped his extended form of flute and Stopped everyrhing, he needed catalysts to move it forward and realign things, that is what happened in TKEM.

• Love 2

Every time I get to come and chat, it’s already bedtime for me. Lol.

BUT..

I used the flute to travel to a whole new Kingdom and found this Prince Charming.

tenor.gif?itemid=5433311

Being King already, I don’t think LG will like this foreign Prince very much :joy:

• LOL 6

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Every time I get to come and chat, it’s already bedtime for me. Lol.

BUT..

I used the flute to travel to a whole new Kingdom and found this Prince Charming.

Being King already, I don’t think LG will like this foreign Prince very much :joy:

He will likely get beheaded by LG:joy:

I am almost done with the poll. It's almost finished and are you ready guys. The poll is mostly satire and hilarious.

1. It includes all the kiss scenes and hug scenes we can chose the one we like

2. S2 should it remain PG13 or become rated (How rated there will be options below)

3. Which setting do you wanna see S2 to take place in? There will be options below the poll

4. Do you want to see shower scenes in S2 (If it comes to reality) there will be options below the poll. 

• LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I am almost done with the poll. It's almost finished and are you ready guys. The poll is mostly satire and hilarious.

1. It includes all the kiss scenes and hug scenes we can chose the one we like

2. S2 should it remain PG13 or become rated (How rated there will be options below)

3. Which setting do you wanna see S2 to take place in? There will be options below the poll

4. Do you want to see shower scenes in S2 (If it comes to reality) there will be options below the poll. 

Lol at that poll. You can do better then that. I would suggest an addition ''the most favourite scene of LeeEul

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Lol at that poll. You can do better then that. I would suggest an addition ''the most favourite scene of LeeEul

Wait what? This poll is great and as for the ''Favourite scene'' I can include that or perhaps I should tune it down but I also mentioned to begin with that this poll is heavily satire and funny so people don't take themselves to serious 

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

All three decided

I decided myself to quit after 3rd episode but I found myself right back in the week later. I was like what in the eff. Tho in their defense they are not the main target audience to begin with so it's understandable and the same for me. I was not part of the targetted audience and I came from an outside genre and world. I am mostly into action and gore based movies

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Wait what? This poll is great and as for the ''Favourite scene'' I can include that or perhaps I should tune it down but I also mentioned to begin with that this poll is heavily satire and funny so people don't take themselves to serious 

I am not sure let the others decide. I think it needs few additions and remove some options. Just my opinion 

• Love 1

Must-Have Sneakers of Kim Go Eun in "The King: Eternal Monarch"

must-have-sneakers-of-kim-go-eun-in-the-

Ever heard of "shoes are boring, wear sneakers"? Definitely, Kim Go Eun made it possible. As a cop in the well-loved "The King: Eternal Monarch," with a loose style in fashion, she looked attractively cool and snazzy.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118157/20200619/sneakers-kim-go-eun-king-eternal-monarch.htm

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

@Elnin Joery I will reiterate what I had said previously, the flute is not a deity, the flute is a physical extension of a deity aka Yo-Yo kid. Even in the preview on Netflix LG says in the beginning : " God (Yo-Yo kid) had released demons (LR) into the human world. The demons (LR) opened up the parallel worlds." It was heavily implied throughout the whole series that Yo-Yo kid was a deity. The flute was seen as "wielding the power of a God". Goes back to what LR said as to why he wanted the flute, " I plan to become the very being who gives punishment from the skies." Then let's not forget the scene when Luna asks Yo-Yo kid, "Do you believe God exists?", to which the Yo-Yo kid ironically nods his head yes. The flute may have its limit because it was a mere physical extension or essence  of a deity, not the actual deity themself. The deity or Yo-Yo kid didn't have limits, he could transform regardless of whether the flute was whole or halved. He could still travel to both worlds without the flute. And he had already seen it all ("all seeing" .... quality associated with God"), for example in that scene with LHJ's mom saying to the Yo-Yo kid, "You're telling the story as if you've seen it." I had already given examples in previous posts of how the kid was omnipotent (ie ability to change people's fate if he so desired etc) and omniscient ( i.e knows exactly where to find people like JTE and LG etc). As to who those people were praying to, they were praying to God aka Yo-Yo kid. Yo-Yo kid answered all of Lady Noh's prayers (LG safe, LG won against LR, LG found his love, JTE) and  LHJ mom's prayer (LHJ's dad dies) right? 

The whole God-Demon thing was just a metaphor in my opinion. Was Lee Lim a demon? He was referred to be one on the title but he sure as hell was not a demon. The Yo-yo kid was limited to the flute and it has limited powers which makes the Flute being deity also a metaphor nothing more or less. KES didn't explore all that nonsense in the show otherwise I would have bailed out on the show long time ago 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I agree with both, in Our Belief GOD is omnipotent with No Power Limitation, but as Seen with KES and her works, she categorizes Diety/God/Fate as well.

Major eg- Goblin, THE grandma /Lady GOD had less powers than the GOD residing in Deok-Hwa. Goblin was a God himself but he was a Manifestion or Extension of GOD In physical form having Limited Powers, he had to die in order for the heroine to Live. 

SImilar trajectory is followed for YoyoKid.

My understanding YoyoKid Fell into Second category of FATE deity ala Grandma God in Goblin not DEOKHWA God .He had substantial amount of Power. But as Folklores say Or quotes say GOD helps those those who help themselves, GOD couldnt have just whipped his extended form of flute and Stopped everyrhing, he needed catalysts to move it forward and realign things, that is what happened in TKEM.

@madmad min I just looked at the flute as an extension of Yo-Yo kid kinda like Harry Potter's invisibility cloak that was cut from Death's cloak lol. Thanks for further elaborating what I was trying to convey :heart:!

Where is writer KES to refer to for all questions concerning TKEM lol ??? She's as magical as the flute or mysterious as the Yo-Yo kid, reappearing only when she wants to :joy:

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I have seen people said in here that LMH is underrated? To which extend is he underrated. I have watched TKEM and some of his other dramas and movies. So I have a clear picture of what I think and how I rate him. I have even seen some say his overrated? 

My question is what is the truth in all of this 

48 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I am not sure let the others decide. I think it needs few additions and remove some options. Just my opinion 

Why don't you come with suggestions and how you see things instead

28 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Heilo is that the poll you want me to look at with you? :D

dang it is 1am already. Must go sleep now ;)

see you all later.

No not the full poll just some of the potential headlines. Let me know your opinion on these 4 polls? 

30 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

I have seen people said in here that LMH is underrated? To which extend is he underrated. I have watched TKEM and some of his other dramas and movies. So I have a clear picture of what I think and how I rate him. I have even seen some say his overrated? 

My question is what is the truth in all of this 

His criminally underrated. I am new to Kdramas just 2 months and I had the chance to watch him and for what I could see. His magical and I loved his vintage days they were gold and nowadays same. You could see the potential in his early days in movies like Get-up or dramas Makerel run or especially in I am sam. These were High-school dramas so nothing to serious but just his screen presence and charisma was bursting out of the screen. His comedic timing and acting was great. It was understandable why he exploded 2-3 years after these shows he just had the ''IT FACTOR''. His a very special and his type of actors don't come often. Who has that impact and can trendsend just due to being magnetic and charismatic. His longevity is also admirable

• Like 6
  • Awesome 4