Quantcast

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

why waste of time? I think it's okay as long as they get good project and we can see them again, well for my case I just want to see LMH again soon, hahaha. I watched their bts of how the two imitates doctors doing surgery. I think if they can do doctor romantic season 3, they looked good and the screen writer for this has good records. ah... drama god please return oppa to dramaland soon!

============================================================================================

The smiles are contagious... 

I thought LR's head was chopped off but it turned out it's still intact. :lol:

credit to Monnsol

If they leave example TKEM S2 they will have to start from the beginning and it's not easy getting this much noise for a project and alot of things have to come together in order for a show to become a craze. TKEM was just that for them but if they leave it and begin from the start they won't have the same fans of the show following them. 

Another thing I wanna mention is that something like Doctor Romantic is not for mass consumption and probably a niche drama and the same goes to shows like Hospital playlist etc etc and all these dramas that has something to do with social issues or work place drama etc etc. Fans in large will be upset to see LMH in such works in my opinion. 

It's like telling MCU fans watch something like a doctor movie on cinema ofcourse they won't tune in and would think you are joking with them because these shows/movies are for selective audience and targetted group and not for mass consumption. The concept has to be right for him in order to reach massive consumption level and this is what TKEM is all about. They need to continue but if you put them both on a hospital series 95% of the viewers will tune out while only the hardcores will remain or genre fans who like hospital based dramas like Greys anatomy. 

Hospital dramas are genre based and viewed as such while having their own targetted audience which means they can continue getting produced as long these genre fans watch it but to be honest with you it's a cult nothing more just like how crime series are nowadays and Horror genre they have a niche genre following not for mass

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Omg. Finally, after another long day, I am back to chat with you guys! but it’s already getting late.

Sometimes i tell my mom we need to hire maids and cooks to help us around and she says “why? We can do it ourselves.” Lol. Yes we can but the point is to make it less work for us :lol:

@Heilo @mrsj3n that article..lol. While i was reading it, i kept saying “in the end, she still betrayed her king for her own greed. And why? Because he wouldn’t marry her?” Even after the drama has ended, I am still like this with her:

source.gif

:joy:

@Heilo aww thanks! I will definitely let you guys know whenever i need help with the polls :D

@Alice Wonderland aw thanks! The polls should be up soon :D

———

If there is a season 2 which I actually doubt we will have it, using a different cast will give us a different story and it wouldn’t feel the same anymore. For this version, i am better off having it end this way because what I don’t want is a spin-off. That would be horrible :crazy:

EDIT

alright. Poll is up! 

thanks @Lmangla :wub:

everyone let’s vote! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omg. Finally, after another long day, I am back to chat with you guys! but it’s already getting late.

Sometimes i tell my mom we need to hire maids and cooks to help us around and she says “why? We can do it ourselves.” Lol. Yes we can but the point is to make it less work for us :lol:

@Heilo @mrsj3n that article..lol. While i was reading it, i kept saying “in the end, she still betrayed her king for her own greed. And why? Because he wouldn’t marry her?” Even after the drama has ended, I am still like this with her:

:joy:

@Heilo aww thanks! I will definitely let you guys know whenever i need help with the polls :D

@Alice Wonderland aw thanks! The polls should be up soon :D

———

If there is a season 2 which I actually doubt we will have it, using a different cast will give us a different story and it wouldn’t feel the same anymore. For this version, i am better off having it end this way because what I don’t want is a spin-off. That would be horrible :crazy:

EDIT

alright. Poll is up! 

thanks @Lmangla :wub:

everyone let’s vote! 

Is it gonna hang up for 3 days and then a new one for another 3 days? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Agree with this!

From what we learned in episode 15 LL's ultimate plan is to reveal LJH's mom in KoC during the late Queen's (LG's original mother) memorial mass. She would be revealed as a proof that another world exists, which would have caused massive fear and chaos among the citizens of KoC, establishing him as a powerful almost-godly figure and a very real threat to LG and the Royal Court/KoC government. Sadly though, this never happened (lol). I think I mentioned before that I wished this plan succeeded, as the tension would have been really, really high. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CRAZY

You sure this was the reaction he was looking for because I was thinking to only shock Lee Gon main while the citizens won't know her because she died ages ago unless they bring it up on the media and it starts trending otherwise would be a counter-productive plan. 

I would just like to know your reasoning behind this 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Flloy House said:

We dodged a bullet there but it would be interesting if he somehow got hold of it or fought LG for it.

It could set up something to build on and perhaps a good story line. By the way is his name Lee Jin?

@Flloy House Hahah that would have been really interesting for sure !! It could almost be like the war of the worlds hahaha. Oh well I highly doubt that there will be a second season ,but it would be an interesting concept to explore if there was a second season lol. And yea his name is Lee Jin in that newspaper JTE was reading from lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

Is it gonna hang up for 3 days and then a new one for another 3 days? 

plan is, and if we want of course, we can set up a new poll after this one as long as the thread is still kicking :D poll usually will run 3 days max then close. afterwards, we can put up suggestions for a new poll if we want ;) 

• Like 2
Just now, SweetButters said:

@Flloy House Hahah that would have been really interesting for sure !! It could almost be like the war of the worlds hahaha. Oh well I highly doubt that there will be a second season ,but it would be an interesting concept to explore if there was a second season lol. And yea his name is Lee Jin in that newspaper JTE was reading from lol.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention because I didn't catch it on my first watch that the name was Lee Jin. I think it could be quite interesting to explore Lee Jin and some of the other JTE's from different worlds or explore different timelines example far in the future would be awesome in my opinion

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Chellsee that hot kiss inside the CCTV room is my afternoon dessert :love: TQ.

@syntychewho dare to says LG can't handle guns will get beheaded soon,hahahaha. 

But he failed his Military test ! correct me if I am wrong :lol:

Wait, I saw the new poll is up. :love:

When is the closing date ?

Edit :  saw the post, is closing on Thur

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

plan is, and if we want of course, we can set up a new poll after this one 

That sounds like a great plan to me. 

But there is a scene that is not included on the up and I am sure it would have gotten alot of votes:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@Thong Thin lol! We had many discussions on why LG was a good shooter vs a bad one haha. The poll closes on Thurs, 10:30 pm :D

3 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

That sounds like a great plan to me. 

But there is a scene that is not included on the up and I am sure it would have gotten alot of votes:lol:

LOL!! I was looking for that scene too but i chose the one closest to it and one that i love very much which led to it (unless we are thinking of two different scenes haha) :lol:

@SweetButters wait..his name was LJ? Haha i just called him LG the Tyrant. Man, when you mentioned “war of the worlds”, it made me remember those machines and the siren that comes on :crazy: (are we talking about the same movie lol )

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

You sure this was the reaction he was looking for because I was thinking to only shock Lee Gon main while the citizens won't know her because she died ages ago unless they bring it up on the media and it starts trending otherwise would be a counter-productive plan. 

I would just like to know your reasoning behind this

Ohhhh I think he's planning to make it public. At least that's what I inferred from his line in episode 15 (in the tunnel with PM koo):

".. You, me, and the late queen who will be raised from the dead. I am going to announce at the mass that there are two worlds, the Kingdom of Corea and the Republic of Korea.."

I'm assuming that the memorial mass for the former queen is a national event, so any announcement is surely to be made in public.

Also I don't think revealing it to LG would do much damage, since LG pretty much already knows about the other world and secrets can be kept within the Royal Court anyway.

BTW I wanted to vote for the night of the treason as one of the best directed scenes but because of the shoes conundrum imma skip that one :phew:

But I must say "LL and LG ”meeting” in the in-between, they run towards their gates to time travel" WAS ONE HELL OF A SCENE

ALSO CAN WE HAVE MAX 3 CHOICES BECAUSE I ALSO WANT TO SEE MAXIMUS AND THE DARK HORSE

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, philosophie said:

What does PPL stand for? I’m seeing it everywhere in the dramabean summary and comments

It stands for Product Placements. Basically, a product is indirectly advertised in the drama :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Thong Thin lol! We had many discussions on why LG was a good shooter vs a bad one haha. The poll closes on Thurs, 10:30 pm :D

LOL!! I was looking for that scene too but i chose the one closest to it and one that i love very much which led to it (unless we are thinking of two different scenes haha) :lol:

@SweetButters wait..his name was LJ? Haha i just called him LG the Tyrant. Man, when you mentioned “war of the worlds”, it made me remember those machines and the siren that comes on :crazy: (are we talking about the same movie lol )

@Wis dom @vangsweetie637 what scene ?

@vangsweetie637is there such thing as home delivery food at your place. Over here, during the MCO , we call Grab delivery and  cooked foods arrived at your door step within minutes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I meant the beheading kiss. How could you forget about that hahaha

tenor.gif?itemid=17296851

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
On 6/15/2020 at 5:58 AM, Joanna Alfson said:

The rest is left to your imagination because now they might even come back for a second season but showing their kids in these 80 years is something that is slightly to far fetched. You should naturally assume all these things took place during these 80 years which becomes unnecessary 

a 2 sec dash of a picture of their fam would do; or a ring on their old fingers would have done it. There are many ingenious ways to do this w/o busting the budget. If only the wirter/s did not sacrifice sense over fan service.

and don't want to be a debbie downer but am not seeing a 2nd season for this for various reasons - casting availability, pandemic, budget, business justification for s02, etc... Would I be happy if ever S2 happens? Of course I will. I love LMH & KGE.

but look, am not convincing anyone of my stand re the ending o TKEM.  I just want to state it.

gee whiz - 15 pp in the shippers thread and 10 pp here to back track - ACK!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Ohhhh I think he's planning to make it public. At least that's what I inferred from his line in episode 15 (in the tunnel with PM koo):

".. You, me, and the late queen who will be raised from the dead. I am going to announce at the mass that there are two worlds, the Kingdom of Corea and the Republic of Korea.."

I'm assuming that the memorial mass for the former queen is a national event, so any announcement is surely to be made in public.

Also I don't think revealing it to LG would do much damage, since LG pretty much already knows about the other world and secrets can be kept within the Royal Court anyway.

BTW I wanted to vote for the night of the treason as one of the best directed scenes but because of the shoes conundrum imma skip that one :phew:

But I must say "LL and LG ”meeting” in the in-between, they run towards their gates to time travel" WAS ONE HELL OF A SCENE

ALSO CAN WE HAVE MAX 3 CHOICES BECAUSE I ALSO WANT TO SEE MAXIMUS AND THE DARK HORSE

That makes sense seems like you have been a close watcher and alert. Happy to run into you as I have few more questions i need and hope not you mind. You even brought the exact quotes and mad respect for that. 

SJ's mom we found out in the last episode that she didn't know about her son being swapped by her husband and the question is what did Lee Lim get in return for swapping sons for him and giving him a healthy one instead of his handicapped son?

• Like 2