Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syntyche

[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

1 hour ago, SCSfanz said:

@Goong_admirer we were talking about the scene where LG and TE were spying at JY over the cctv. Netflix translated JY's dialogue in error. He was actually pissed that he lost a game of ladder and wasn't cussing the king. 

@SCSfanzSorry if I didn't make myself clear, I was referring to JY password on the laptop. I thought it was J0000000000000,but I didn't get the joke behind that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, seraphinazz said:

Yes, but I could only find the instrumental one not the piano version. Do you mind giving me the link? Thanks so much! 

I can’t figure out the link since I’m on mobile, but search THE KING : ETERNAL MONARCH (ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK), PT 11 - SINGLE

Single cover is of the original ep 10 jacket of doom scene, and there are two songs.  Gummy’s version and then the piano instrumental 

• Like 3

Hello everyone! I have been lurking around for so long and finally decided to show up for the first time. First of all I want to say thank you so much everyone, this drama has been a ride to me and and I have read all your theories and explanation and of course the scandalous pic (I really love it) that made the viewing so pleasureable for me. 

I accidentaly stumbled upon this forum when I was searching for explanation in the earlier episode and I’ve never been so glad to crash landed here. Reading this forum has been a source of joy to me for the past 2 months.
This drama is finally over! I’m happy for this ending but I still have this bittersweet feeling in my chest (maybe because theres no royal wedding LOL) 

Spoiler

Yes, yes and yes! You don’t know how much your post shed lights onto my thoughts about the ending. It’s really romantic to have a time travelling date every weekend but I think it’s quite impossible in a very long run. I'm sure there will come a time when they have to settle down and eventually it would happen (the wedding and etc). But I think KES wanted to imply that they'll stay together till they grow old and for a very long long time. Forever. The wedding and royal heirs will depend on our headcanon :D  

Think of it as you have to follow your hubby overseas and  leave your job and family since he work there. Except you have to went through an obelisk to another world. And you can simply visit back on weekend LOL. I’m pretty sure JTE father is more than willing to babysit the royal baby along with Lady Noh in KOC. Imagine the happy in-laws~

Finally I let out everything that's in my mind and heart...

And soo this drama withdrawal syndrome is very severe on me, and I’ve been wanting to buy the novel version (or is it script book). But as you  can see I understand nothing about korean :joy: Anyone willing to help me on translating the novel??? I'm willing to be the typesetter LOL ;)

3 hours ago, Hikki said:

Someone ripped that portion, and I think it is indeed not part of the official OST

I guess I’ll ripped it myself and add to my music library then :tears:

Same case with Goblin - the part where Sunny held Reaper’s hand and he relived her Goryeo memories.

I think it's quiet similliar with 'Hold On' but yes the one you mentioned is more dramatic and epic. Sigh, I wish they included all the OST. There are some that I like but not part of the official album

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Thank you to all the Chingus on this forum for all your thoughts, videos, gifs, pictures, etc. I unfortunately wasn't able to participate as much as I would have liked, however I truly enjoyed reading the thread whenever I got a chance! :heart:

I am glad I stuck with this show till the end. It had its flaws and it has received its fair share of criticism. However I looked forward to Friday and Saturday, reveled in watching the BTS, enjoyed and still enjoying all the LMH-KGE "are they - are they not", checking out some of the actors IG posts and of course being a part of this thread :)

The ending was all about LG and JTE and I actually liked the fact that they did not get married, but rather stayed in their respective universes and became a weekend couple that traveled and grew old together.

I probably found the whole show- down with Lee Rim anti-climactic, but it was kind of symbolic JTE killing the present version and LG killing the 1994 version of LR. 

My one confusion in all this was how only LG, JTE and JY remembered the past and no-one else did?

The biggest revelation was probably the kid with his yo-yo and his adult self.

Order was restored and almost everyone's life turned out better. The way they showed JY and MSA were actually together was cute and Eun Sup and Na Ri. I also laughed when I heard about JY also having twin siblings in the end B) Speaking of Na Ri I wonder why she did not appear in the final episode?!

Finally a special mention of Maximus, who became a star in her own way :wub:

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I probably found the whole show- down with Lee Rim anti-climactic, but it was kind of symbolic JTE killing the present version and LG killing the 1994 version of LR. 

My one confusion in all this was how only LG, JTE and JY remembered the past and no-one else 

Sorry to cut your post. I was feeling anti-climatic too especially we had the whole series being afraid of how much pain he can inflict to to others only to have him beheaded and shot alone without a single minion following him. 

I think the climax for me was when Gon finally met the real JTE, then everything from that point seems surreal.

I always have the view that all of them remembered because they survive the time travel and together successfully altering the timeline. Thus the common understanding of the time traveller stories is that the time travellers themselves remember the time travel, but not everybody that is not travelling.

• Like 7

No kiss for the security couple...

Shame...

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, seraphinazz said:

Yes, but I could only find the instrumental one not the piano version. Do you mind giving me the link? Thanks so much! 

So many tracks excluded from the OST album.  And most of those are my favorite tracks too!

How could they exclude the music in that beheading scene?!? How?!?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I can’t figure out the link since I’m on mobile, but search THE KING : ETERNAL MONARCH (ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK), PT 11 - SINGLE

Single cover is of the original ep 10 jacket of doom scene, and there are two songs.  Gummy’s version and then the piano instrumental 

Hi, thanks a lot for this but I just realised that we might be talking about different songs? The song that I was referring to is Maze by Yongzoo, but the piano cover only without the orchestra. 

9 minutes ago, gwin said:

So many tracks excluded from the OST album.  And most of those are my favorite tracks too!

How could they exclude the music in that beheading scene?!? How?!?

Even from the first few minutes of ep 16 alone, there are many BGMs that were excluded from the OST album.

- Scene from the beginning of the ep. With Luna and KSJ.

- From when LG and JY had a convo after JY killed off traitor cousin.

- JTE scene inside the in between world with LR.

- KSJ scene with his mom.

- Yes, beheading scene!

This is a more serious treason than LR’s :rage: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, briseis said:

The historical moment when Lee Gon learned he wasn’t the only one in his boyfriend’s life.

Hahahaha...Yes AGREED and JTE had the Last Laugh :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I love the fact that they chose to time travel, since they had that amazing chance, but I would have liked to see them together together, full time, without having to hide their relationship... 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Thats all every woman wants to hear...:D

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, seraphinazz said:

Hi, thanks a lot for this but I just realised that we might be talking about different songs? The song that I was referring to is Maze by Yongzoo, but the piano cover only without the orchestra. 

Even from the first few minutes of ep 16 alone, there are many BGMs that were excluded from the OST album.

- Scene from the beginning of the ep. With Luna and KSJ.

- From when LG and JY had a convo after JY killed off traitor cousin.

- JTE scene inside the in between world with LR.

- KSJ scene with his mom.

- Yes, beheading scene!

This is a more serious treason than LR’s :rage: 

Oh oops you’re right

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2020 at 12:15 AM, Heilo said:

If Lee Gon is out of the picture and we assume he dies on the night of treason it's unpredictable to predict who will reign in such scenario. Hope not the writer goes down that path and she didn't so far in 15 epi's imagine a world without LG

Fortunately, she didn't. :)

On 6/7/2020 at 2:23 PM, mychoiyoung said:

Spoiler

At 1st I was just 10 pages behind got caught up but life called so am here back & 20 pp behind again - LOL

Anw, am sure your Q have been answered but just to make sure & review for myself, here are my replies as per my understanding

1. SJ needs LR for it flute to work.  As experienced by LG himself, it does not work on him when he tried using it because as LR claimed it was infused with his blood.  Others here refer to it as blood magic.
  2. I think so. But it is also possible that the drama was just not that explicit about it.  LR could have noticed but drama just didn't show anymore.
  3. No Q
  4. If Se-JIn has a son or daughter, then the eldest inherit the throne.  If Se-jin does not have kids, then the siblings of exiled son is next.  The exiled son can NOT succeed him cos he was declared a traitor. But the future will change because of their mission to go back to the past.
  5. Yes, the Prince succeeds him.
  6. Not exactly.  He said God gave him the scar as a reminder for him follow his destiny - not necessarily to kill himself.  If we go back to what Yoyo Kid said LG went back to the Night of Treason to save both worlds from the traitor, LR.  Cos saving his young self didn't stop the turmoil in both worlds. So his destiny is actually killing LR so both worlds could be saved.  That''s why he also told OkNam "How selfish".  He meant hoe selfish for him to think that saving his young self is his destiny.  So allowing himself to be killed is a strategy he formed because he believed that that was the point that LR was most vulnerable.   We shall see it that is actually the case by next episode.  He has JY with him & possibly TE & SJ joining the fray.  Variables he did not factor in when he formed that strategy.
  7. WRT Luna, I think TE is thinking that in the mean time, there is no harm with Luna taking her place.  If they succeed in KOC, perhaps she can find a cure for Luna & can travel back & forth between the 2 worlds. After all, she is now familiar with the legend of the flute.  Or if she is unable to come back, then Luna dies, giving closure to his Dad & friends.
  8. To me it signifies that the future changed. He was supposed to do the suicide mission alone.  But JY joined him. I always interpreted that goodbye visit of LG bearing flowers as his goodbye because of the possibility of him dying or never coming back.
  9. Yes.  I posted it earlier that the plate name says LJH. I interpreted that to mean that the suicide mission was a success and he is able to kill LR which means tLR did not cross the portal & the ROK Lee family doppelgangers were not killed
  10. Ahhhh, that is still up in the air, HAHA!

@jerboa83

1) How come LG was able to use the (whole) flute without infusing it with his blood? Did he cut himself on purpose off camera? :lol:

7) Will "good" Luna (the one working as a detective in the Kingdom of Corea) get cancer like "bad" Luna (the thief)? We'll never know... What was her sickness' purpose anyway? Did the author want to make her more desperate than her tough life had already made her?

Edited by Jillia
Quote too long
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, syntyche said:

@1ouise @2handsintertwined @4evrkdrama @acyellowsc @AgentQuake @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @Amy323 @andy78 @an-naum @AquariusMY @bebebisous33 @blobbityblobbityblob @briseis @CallieP @CarolynH @CatWhiskers @Chellsee @ChunSungIm @csmiller1954 @deabakdrama @Deepakmahajan @Dramanoona @Edgar Pordwed @Elnin Joery @Emmy Nur'aenny @extrodinairey @Flloy House @Geolyvseven @goldenashes97 @Goong_admirer @gtLmh0622 @Guine @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @gwin @Heilo @Heretorant @htk9207 @imels @Jad068 @Jaja @jangmi92_ @JC's Lingxi @Jemrie @jeonghyang @JMarei @Joanna Alfson @kaqueski @kboramint @Kdramatic @Killa92 @Kim Rama @Klaus @koreaboooo @krish indu @ktcjdrama @Layali @Learry @leeminhosny @LeftCoastOppa @lindas55 @LRM11219311 @lyrically aesthetic @madmad min @magiclily @mamabear @mingomingo @mrsj3n @ms_inquiry @msdot @mychoiyoung @Nikaa94 @nikki7 @nrbrown @Orientalfan @Phoenix88 @Poppy517 @realistic2280 @rocher22 @scrawford @SCSfanz @Spring Lady @superspace @SweetButters @Thong Thin @Time loop @Umjicheok @vangsweetie637 @Wanderer062287 @wenchanteur @Wis dom @x2020 @Yasaman Asghari @Yippeun_eonnie @YongZura⁷ @yuiy78

@Anagha @Ari10 @ATW @balletgoddess @binniejinniecultivator @Bukk66 @Cara @ChristineH @cynkdf @Euphoria81 @GreenTeandSASHIMI @hiii @Hikki @inBinJinitrust @jees1 @Jeess _yy @Joje @JoyceGEHisashiMitsui @Karina Yuventia @Katrina Abdul Talib@krish indu @lusciousgy @margerytka @Melissa Hadiwinoto @mouse007 @Nodame @NoonaCaana @Sejabin @seojiseoji @shershik @stn5 @suga02pearl @tulip06 @Ummi Hany @winnieho

I really wanted to write a thank you for all the lovely ladies and gents who had been contributing to such entertaining and enlightening posts, but I'm not too much the sentimental type so I had been holding it off. There's so much to say but not enough words to describe it so I'm glad you tagged us all. Also a big thank you to @syntyche for all your mathematical posts and theories. I enjoyed all of them just as much as everyone else's posts. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 11
  • Thanks 3

Post dedicated to @AgentQuake 

Heo Joon Jae ft. Lee Ji Hun

Anyway are we having a search party now to hunt down where Lee Ji Hun is???:joy:

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Now what. I woke up this morning and there was nothing to watch. I loved this show because it make me think, it was smart and because I loved the leads. It didn't have all the annoying stuff so many K dramas seem to have now days. So what to do now that's it's over what should I watch. I am open to almost any Asian or Turkish drama if it is good. Help!:w00t:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6