Thanks @syntyche for all your reviews, updates and mathematical help. Loved your reviews especially that cleared a lot of confusion.

It was fun to read everyone's theories, opinions, jokes, rants, squeals, Q and As, gifs and screencaps! I didn't participate a lot but I think I went through the whole thread since I joined. 

The drama received mixed reception even before it started but this was one positive place throughout so it was really fun to hangout here! Hope to see you all in future drama threads of the cast.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

A beautiful drama if we don't analyze the time travel logic..

To me the last few episodes made me to de-lurk and post my thoughts and questions!! While most dramas wrap up in last few episodes.. this one had the most action and nail biting scenes ( Ignoring  2nd half of ep 16 ofcoz)..

I was initially shocked when I saw LR escape with the whole flute ..my mind was racing with thoughts of what next til I saw LG n LR in bamboo forest.. KES kept the suspense till ep16.. hats off!!

I loved reading all the wonderful theories and analysis of fellow soompiers here!! Thanks guys for your enthusiasm n even better logic / theories fr the finale:D

• Like 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

Thanks @syntyche for all your reviews, updates and mathematical help. Loved your reviews especially that cleared a lot of confusion.

It was fun to read everyone's theories, opinions, jokes, rants, squeals, Q and As, gifs and screencaps! I didn't participate a lot but I think I went through the whole thread since I joined. 

The drama received mixed reception even before it started but this was one positive place throughout so it was really fun to hangout here! Hope to see you all in future drama threads of the cast.

There will be a rewatch in few days hope you can come and join us

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@SCSfanz HAHAHAH MY GOD....now it makes me think there were so many things that were not properly translated in this show leading to false interpretations kinda like what happened to JTE kinda ironic hahahah !!! Does the part of JTE commenting on JY's relationship with MSA change any besides saying its a triller romance story? lol

THANK YOU A BILLION TRILLION TIMES AGAIN!!! :kiss_wink:

@SweetButters  luckily there wasn't anything different about JTE's commenting on JY's relationship with MSA . i think most were accurately translated, but i did notice minor errors here and there especially when the pronunciation of a word sounds similar to something else. This was probably what happened in the CCTV scene.  i think it's just that sometimes there are certain nuances that cannot be translated. You wouldn't miss the story line but some trivial stuff might get missed like the cctv scene.

Another Eg. this scene was in fact translated correctly but in Korean,  they weren't counting (one,two,three etc). middle screen caption was completely off but i don't really think there's anyway to explain it in English so that was really the closest . i felt It took the joke away from non Korean speaking audiences though.

5cc4bb0e2f101d3c5720fabe9ea7f63726c6be08

imageimage

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Just finished watching the episode...

Hmm... i havent read others comment.. i want to put my thoughts here first...

1. How could they even cross the world every weekend??? Until they grew old?? I mean shouldnt someone make some sacrifice?... of coz we want JTE become queen and they dont have to cross the world like that :mellow:

2. Why did JY remember but not Lady Noh?

3. Nice plot twist on Luna being Koo adopted daughter...

4. SinJae became hot shot businessman, everyone rejoice right?

5. Yeong... well, he has his lovebird now too.. haha...

Im not sure im happy with such ending.. its like the writer didnt want to give a happy ending but forced to, hence we have somewhat a happy but unsatisfactory ending... hmm...  sigh

Gonna read the comments, backreading now.. 

It was an open ending.   They just showed us with that small glimpse that they stayed together until they grew old, but they didn't really tell us  what they eventually did all those years.  I'd like to think that in my head, they eventually found a way to stay together in one of the worlds.

JY remembered because LG saved him, and I guess because the yoyo kid chose not to break that string.

The ending was the most appropriate one they could have given us considering the theme of this show.   There really isn't a way for either of them to make a sacrifice to move to another world, considering where they were at that point in their respective lives.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

in case they go back to the prosthetic ages where cavemen only wear leaves. HAHAHHAHAHA 

It would be called Arthdal Chronicles spin-off or Prelude Arthdal Chronicles 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Heilo said:

It would be called Arthdal Chronicles spin-off or Prelude Arthdal Chronicles 

@Heilothey wore clothes in arthdal chronicles, so that would likely be a prelude of the prelude arthdal chronicles. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5