[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

31 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Lady Noh time-travel incident happened back in the 1949-50 where as our time reset only happened from 94 which means everything that took place before 94 is still the same and what changed is only 94-->future 

this makes sense :D i just have to rethink everything i just watched :sweat_smile: I cannot even gather my final thoughts yet lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I didn't noticed that it was him because he had a Royal guard earphones and I quickly assumed he was one of the guards. I guess he was listening to what the royal guards were saying.. 

His death in 94 means dude is really dead both in the past and future.. His gone completely

I noticed him at first sight and seems JY really put an end to him completely 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AgentQuake said:

@Geolyvseven WHAT WAS THE SPOILER

Hahaha. 

Okay I will come forward now. 

While lurking on Instagram I came across a video it seemed not clear but that same video was posted an hour before airing time but it turned out to be a leak from ''Legend of the blue sea'' Instead.  This was confirmed by @madmad min I could have posted the video much earlier but I thought it would have spoiled things and I decided against posting it in solidarity with the cast and actors they worked for 8 months and felt sorry for them and just said i was trolling but it seems like I was wrong all this time and I am glad I was 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

3 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Hahaha. 

Okay I will come forward now. 

While lurking on Instagram I came across a video it seemed not clear but that same video was posted an hour before airing time but it turned out to be a leak from ''Legend of the blue sea'' Instead.  This was confirmed by @madmad min I could have posted the video much earlier but I thought it would have spoiled things and I decided against posting it in solidarity with the cast and actors they worked for 8 months and felt sorry for them and just said i was trolling but it seems like I was wrong all this time and I am glad I was 

omg I’m crying 

Speaking of LOTBS, the noise that LMH made when they got caught by Yeong was the exact one before “discursting sheyt ” in LOTBS.

I also melted down at that. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

8 hours ago, syntyche said:
Spoiler

Lee Min-ho 'started as an actor in his 30s and "The King" will be remembered as a time of nourishment' His closing remarks

"The King" left a lingering affectionate impression until the end. It was possible because of Lee Min-ho's passionate performance, which he had been running for eight months without a break.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King: The Lord of Eternity" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) ended its 16th episode on the 12th. 

Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), who killed Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin) and kept the emperor's calling for the first time in 26 years, later shared his daily life with Tae Eul (Kim Go-eun), who was reunited with him in a difficult way, and traveled through various parallel worlds. "So we decide to love the fate that chose us. Just today. Forever," with a narration by Lee Min-ho, the hands of two people warmly facing each other even as they grow older, embellished the home room with long lingering imagery and emotion.

Lee Min-ho, who played the role of Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire, has created a fantasy romance with a deep emotion that is different from the past, showing upgraded character digestion and inner workings with his elegant visuals and mature acting skills suitable for his role.

From the heart-warming straight-forward romance to the cool charisma of the commander-in-chief, fantastic uniform figures and excellent action skills. Lee Min-ho, who captivated the imaginative Lee Gon character, proved the power of the irreplaceable title once again by successfully capturing the hearts of women around the world.

Above all, Lee Min-ho led the vast story with more mature acting skills. In addition to his delicate eye acting that attracts attention, his deep and clear voice and expression put more weight on the emperor's character and increased his immersion level. The restrained performance, which heavily explodes the complex and subtle emotions that stir inside, has been praised as the best ever in each episode.

In addition, Lee Min-ho's appealing passionate performance in every monologue scene that changed the mood of the play showed the power to amplify the tension and emotion of the drama at every moment, further deepening the mournful melodrama sentiment. That's why the second half of "The King" has gained momentum.

Like this, Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, was created by reflecting Lee Min-ho's many worries and efforts. The past eight months with "The King" are bound to be a meaningful time for Lee. Lee Min-ho said, "This is the beginning of my career as an actor in my 30s, and I think it will be remembered as a nourishment time to decorate a next chapter in the future. Above all, it was good to be able to work with the writer, director, and good actors again in the field after a long time, and I think it will remain in my memory for a long time because I worked more deeply on the field than ever before," he said, expressing his special affection for the work and role.

Lee Min-ho then said, "I would like to express my deep gratitude to the fans and viewers who have waited for a long time," and added, "I sincerely hope that you will stay healthy at this time of year, and I hope you will walk the path of your choice well." I will also do my best at every moment and take a firm step forward," he said in a heartfelt greeting and encouragement to the viewers, creating a touching impression.

Lee Min-ho added depth to his start as an actor in his 30s through "The King." Expectations are high for Lee Min-ho's tougher and wider acting.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111372956

If I may say..need to see him in a more regular guy kind of character ..he’s always been the chaebol alike kind . Military suits him too.. but..i am totally into The 30s LMH . This article echoes my thoughts on him and Both of them lift each other equally in their representation of their characters in this drama. The whole ensemble of double characters did really well. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

omg I’m crying 

Speaking of LOTBS, the noise that LMH made when they got caught by Yeong was the exact one before “discursting sheyt ” in LOTBS.

I also melted down at that. 

It became a meme. 

I normally post spoilers but since it was at the end and finale didn't want to spoil thing further :joy: We already had alot of spoilers being posted thru out the show 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

It became a meme. 

I normally post spoilers but since it was at the end and finale didn't want to spoil thing further :joy: We already had alot of spoilers being posted thru out the show 

The whole freaking episode, I was triggered by every scene that showed up that we already knew about.

We spent weeks dissecting the various points in JTE’s life that LG would show up wearing the jacket of doom too, and they weren’t even her. 

WEEKS!!!

JTE’s most glorious day as a promoted cop, or during her young Taekwondo self

i can’t 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Annnddd its doneee.....Mixed feelings of Happiness and sadness for the ending.

I sort of wish that everything that happened in Ep16 was spread over 2 or 3 episodes.

Damm I shouldnt have watched the Behind the scenes and interviews so early on where they mentioned it was going to be  somewhat of a sad ending. LOL. I mean it wasnt all sad just some bits like I wanted EunSup and Yeong to meet again, by far my fave characters in this hahaha.

Well, its finished now...time to go find all the remaining behind the scenes material and bloopers. hahahaha

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

THE KING ETERNAL MONARCH SEASON 2: NETFLIX RENEWAL STATUS, POTENTIAL RELEASE DATE AND STORYLINE

Tom Llewellyn
4 hours ago

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-Netflix-2.jpg

After a rollercoaster 16-episode journey, The King: Eternal Monarch has finally concluded, but fans are already asking if and when the K-drama could return for a second season.

The season may have only just concluded, but fans are already looking forward into the future and asking if and when the show could return for a second instalment.

From the very first episode to the season finale, The King Eternal Monarch has been one hell of an emotional rollercoaster for fans.

Blossoming love, family betrayal, murder, back-stabbing, doppelgangers from a parallel universe and everything in between – this show had it all!

Whilst the plot of season 1 was itself quite difficult to follow at times, the finale definitely delivered when it came to wrapping up all the different storylines.

THE KING ETERNAL MONARCH SEASON 2: RENEWAL STATUS

At the time of writing, The King: Eternal Monarch has not been renewed for a second season.

However, Netflix tends to wait a few weeks after releasing a series finale before they make their decision on renewal.

Considering how popular the show has become around the world, it would be a massive shame if the show never got renewed for a second season. Safe to say, if the series is watched by enough people and the general consensus is positive, the streaming platform will at least consider renewal.

Although the issue will be whether or not the shows creators think that season 2 is on the cards – we have to admit, the story did wrap itself up quite nicely. At the end of the day, it is the writers who make the decision on if a series continues and fans would rather see it end here then have a disappointing continuation.

THE KING ETERNAL MONARCH SEASON 2: POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE

As there is no confirmation that The King: Eternal Monarch will return for season 2, there is no information as to when we could expect it to premiere.

Season 1 had an eight-month production schedule (as well as a 30 billion Won, US$25 million budget), meaning that if the show is renewed for a second season, then fans may expect it to be released in mid-2021.

However, considering the global coronavirus pandemic delaying the production of many shows, it is highly likely that this would be pushed back a few months to late-2021.

THE KING ETERNAL MONARCH SEASON 2: STORYLINE

When it comes to storyline, there isn’t much of an obvious direction that season 2 could go in. The plot for season 1 did end rather nicely and it seemed to appease the vast majority of fans – something quite rare these days.

If we could predict a potential storyline for season 2, if Lee Lim hadn’t really died in Corea then he could be out for revenge against the king. However, it did look like a fateful wound Lee Gon inflicted and the 2021 Corea record books reported of his body being discovered, suggesting that is in fact dead.

Alternatively, could we see a spin-off relating to the 1950’s? Hear me out, we know that people were transported between worlds when an old lady from Corea asks

“Did we win the war?” a.k.a The Korean War. Could it be that Lee Gon’s father or great grandfather also knew about the flutes power and used it during wartime to rescue people from a war-torn Korean?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/06/12/the-king-eternal-monarch-season-2-renewal-status-and-release-date/

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1

I have a headcanon

At some point, ES started working at the NIS.

He was probably part of the team that made presentation of Captain Ri being the softest.

We know he has a thing for strong silent men from other worlds. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So why do they have to go all the way back to 1994 to kill Lee Lim? Can't they just kill him in 2020 and make things less complicated?

1) to save the Flute first

2) to Kill the Lee Lim in 1994 because he was the starting point of the disaster between 2 worlds

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ATW said:

I thought at first the purpose of Luna having cancer was to die so that JTE can be queen of Corea since she dont have any same face there because Luna is dead. That is for me is an okay ending? :vicx:

But this ending also not bad for me, and makes a lot sense for them . At least balance is restore and all characters get their life back :bawling:

@ATW If anything, just know that yo-yo kid is ultimately on LG's side. I wouldn't be surprised if Luna "coincidentally" dies or whatever. The coincidences caused throughout this whole show was done by yo-yo kid to ensure LG would get whatever he and by extension his friends wished for.

It wasn't a coincidence that the door King Haejong traveled to was to ROK nor was King Haejong's encounter with Lady Noh (who later introduced LG to JY the unbreakable sword and lifetime protector/friend/companion) lol. Yo-yo kid did all of this to ensure LG would have a good happy life and that LG would meet the one he was fated to love and be with lol.

Yo-yo kid just had to make sure LG was a just and good king therefore he introduced the conflict with LR as one big test like King Arthur and Excalibur the Sword. Its like when yo-yo kid asked LR "what if a villain who isnt not a just person pulls the sword", to which LR says "justice does not make the sword. The sword decides what justice is" hahahah ......LR failed yo-yo kid's test after saying that. Furthermore, it wasn't just a coincidence that when the flute broke in half, that the only portal that was available to LG and LR was ROK and not to some other world like the one Tae-Ra Byte or Hyo Jin was from lol (its because yo-yo kid was trying to allow LG to find the one who was meant to be his queen, lover, and mother to a future righteous king).

Thats why I'm convinced Yo-Yo kid had been controlling everything this whole entire time, he's the Judge and Jury on who is to be future King and owner of the flute since in all the worlds there is only one flute lol! I can understand it from yo-yo kid's perspective that he didn't want to make a wrong decision hence thats why he tested both LR and LG even though he believed LG to be a good and just King. Yo-yo kid just wanted to make sure, I mean I would too if I was trying to give someone with the power to control multiple worlds and time lol. "With great power, comes great responsibility" lol

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Should we call this the bug, the plot hole or whatever they call it. I thought he should have the complete piece of the flute but yeah as I told you he still carries the half one like he always does. The flute is the yoyo adult, they all go all out just to return him into that bully guy, LOL.

@Alice Wonderland Haha yea probably a production mistake lol. Hahah yo-yo kid goes back to being the kid after bully guy. Plus if you think about it, bully guy in ROK beating up KSJ is what lead to JTE meeting KSJ. Just read above what said about yoyo kid hahaha. And yo-yo kid in KOC was checking up on LG lol. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

So why do they have to go all the way back to 1994 to kill Lee Lim? Can't they just kill him in 2020 and make things less complicated?

Nope. Because nothing will be solved. Every innocent life taken will not come back. He caused too much chaos. The only way was to go back and prevent it from ever happening. 

• Like 11
  • Awesome 2

Why I love the ending? I love the ultimate dating goal...go date in different universe...role playing in whichever world they ended up every weekend..park your costume chest for that instead of the dang travel nuisances! Forget about wedding scene ..we have enough cute baby boys in the drama to fill that part...I’m a happy viewer n shipper. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2