Quantcast

Finally it’s Friday. I am sure everyone is counting hours to watch the finale.  Unfortunately for me tonight I am working night shift so I can’t watch the finale on Netflix as I am too busy during work time with short break time. Maybe I will refrain myself from reading the forums tonight after the finale episode has been aired as I don’t want spoilers before I watch the episode haha :D maybe tomorrow morning after I got back from work.. I would shower and take breakfast then watch the finale :P I might be kinda sleepy though that time  but I eagerly want to watch the final episode.

Time sure fly very fast. I remembered that I was very excited watching the 1st episode of TKEM but now.. we already reach  the final destination of this ride. It has been a beautiful, breathtaking,fun,suspen and roller coaster of emotions for me during this ride with TKEM and I will really miss this moments.  I hope LMH & KGE would   do another project together in the future as the chemistry when they are paired together just sparks in your eyes and from BTS of TKEM they look playful and comfortable around each other’s. I am praying for they will be paired again in  any drama, movies or CF’s soon.

11a19300d052e414c3abeb000c18c51e51581d5aWishing for happy ending please.. 

• Like 4
  • Love 12
  • Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

I think I'm ready to give up. I had to pause a bit from this forum because life happened, but you're now at page 859 when I was still at page 780. How how how how howwww :bawling:

But since it's a holiday here today I think Imma just spend the day reading what I believe would be the final leg of pre-episode discussions for TKEM hihi. I shall brave through!!!

Also just to share: 14 hours before the finale and #TheKingEternalMonarchFinale is already trending here in the Philippines and in Indonesia. I wonder how much more this will explode later :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
14 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Just saw some spoilers but not sure if I should share:grimace:

i say put it on here, under spoilers with a warning. 

one will open it at their own risk.. ;) 

because i want to see if I need to hug KES or throw her into the dumpster tomorrow :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

Time sure fly very fast. I remembered that I was very excited watching the 1st episode of TKEM but now.. we already reach  the final destination of this ride. It has been a beautiful, breathtaking,fun,suspen and roller coaster of emotions for me during this ride with TKEM and I will really miss this moments.  I hope LMH & KGE would   do another project together in the future as the chemistry when they are paired together just sparks in your eyes and from BTS of TKEM they look playful and comfortable around each other’s. I am praying for they will be paired again in  any drama, movies or CF’s soon.

Wishing for happy ending please.. 

Can the drama gods, aka the drama writers, hear our cries? We need this pairing again! They’re the best imo. Their chemistry is unmatched! 

I would love a movie or a CF too. I’ll take anything! ANYTHING! Especially a real wedding :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

lol i hope this time around, her ending is much better :lol: 

at this rate, I don’t have a final theory. I do think that JH is alive and will meet TE. But i have no idea how LG and TE will be together when they are not in the same world. Then my mind went “what if the one who saw JH is actually Luna?” :unsure: of course that opened up a tons of more questions like “then does that mean TE is in KOC? Then does this mean KOC was just an illusion and ROK was the real thing, or ROK was fake and KOC was real..” hahaha, see, nothing makes sense to me now :joy: 

that’s why i say i am either going to hug KES or line up by that dumpster :glasses::joy:

@Goong_admirer JEC did a great job portraying PM because I have a high annoyance with PM herself LOL. Which is why I ask myself “how come there is no still of PM lying on the ground instead?” Hahahahaha.

My final theory is to long and would take me half an hour to write down:joy:

But i will say this i am on team happy ending because if it has happy ending the rewatching factor will be much greater for me

• Like 6
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I would love a movie or a CF too. I’ll take anything! ANYTHING! Especially a real wedding :lol:

I am holding out for S2 and wait I am not finished just hear me out. 

1. I want S2 both of them as the lead and romancing each other 

2. followed by a movie together perhaps a 19+ netflix movie that will air inbetween S1 and S2

3. followed by few commericials together

4. ending everything with a MinEun wedding 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1

101477539.1.jpg

Baek Hyun-joo's final remarks on The King: "Thank you for being with us in a difficult situation."

Baek Hyun-joo expressed her feelings about the ending of "The King."

Actor Baek Hyun-joo has revived the drama with her charisma and comic acting in the SBS Friday-Saturday drama, "The King-Eternal Monarch" as Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho)'s chief of staff.

In the drama, Baek played the role with her intelligent charisma. As a reliable supporter and helper of Lee Gon, she increased her level of immersion in the drama to perfectly digest the indispensable role of a professional chief secretary.

"I would like to thank everyone who has been preparing for the work for a long time and who has been with me until the end despite the difficult situation," Baek said through her agency on June 12, ahead of the last broadcast. "Thanks to them, I was able to be the secretary."

I would also like to thank the viewers for saving "The King." I hope Corona19 will no longer be a disaster for us, and I hope everyone will be a little happier. I will also try to come back with a better look.

Meanwhile, "The King-Eternal Monarch" will air its final episode at 10 p.m. on the 12th.

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202006120734272410

• Like 14
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Your memories are also now erased ... My hands are now getting fatigued erasing so many people 

----

My hands are now getting fatigued erasing so many people 

Spoil us anyway! I love spoilers by the way 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
10 hours ago, Joje said:
Spoiler

I personally think JTE's character is evolving and in a realistic way. She is a realist who took a risk to enter into a relationship even though she thought it would be short lived and yet still decided to enjoy it to the fullest. What she didn't realize is that, it's easier said than done and that's what she's experiencing now.

The closer you get to someone, the deeper the bond and the harder it is to break that bond.

Spoiler

Thanks to LR's kidnapping lol, they got the spend more time together. Talking and getting to know each other more and they even got intimate. The brain is different from the heart. What you think and what you feel are completely different.

With the way LG loves, worship and adores her, she's bound to fall deeper in love with him. For a strong woman, this man has become her weakness. Her reaction to him being poisoned showed that she was starting to come into terms that she can't live without him. Then he left just out of the blue, no goodbye, he didn't even take JY with him especially with danger looming and the fact that the door needs to be closed. I can understand her emotions and tears.

I love how JTE handled herself after the whole stabbing fiasco though. She didn't even whine to her dad about getting stabbed and after she got the necessary help, she bounced back on her feet and handled her business. I still see a strong woman.

I also hope the finale showcase more of her strong qualities. @ms_inquiry

Sorry for the long post

I love this so much. Thanks for your long post. Couldn't have said it better. She is one tough cookie!

That's why it broke my heart so much to see her cry, because you can literally see how much he means to him to bring her out of character. The bench scene is so well executed, i can feel her pain having to let go of Gon (yet again!).

6 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Yes to your whole brilliant post, and I want to add as well - LG is the only person she lets her guard down to, and vice versa.  It's one thing if JTE is tough as nails and then crumbles completely in front of everyone and starts crying, but it's literally just LG that she's taken her barriers down for. 

Spoiler

We see it occasionally with her friends and family - mentioned double eyelid surgery to SJ, being concerned that her dad would have missed her the first time she left, and talking to Nari about spending the night at LG's, wanting to get some relationship advice.  Every time, she gets shot down and her walls go straight back up. 

But LG sees her tough exterior and drills through it like it's nothing, starting from the first bamboo forest scenes.  She's complaining that it's cold and it's annoying, and while the others would've just written it off as typical JTE complaining, he focuses on the fact that she's actually COLD.  He doesn't ask if she wants his coat, he just wraps her up in it. 

JTE's spent her whole life taking care of those she loves, and she finally has someone taking care of her. 

Spoiler

We see when she's 5, she's already fiercely independent and her dad was busy being a single working parent providing for her.  But she never got much emotional support...honestly the best of it probably came from Eun sup and he's not...great.  But within a few months, you've got a rich AF King who goes from giving her his coat - to flying a helicopter to pick her up - to slashing through an army of men to save her life.  He's also knocked down her emotions and she's free to actually be vulnerable and cry.  It's actually a really nice and subtle breakdown of a character who could've been very one note in her emotions.

We can see how vulnerable she is when she's with Gon. When she met ES in hospital, she barely talked about what happened to her. She mostly full of praises of ES and elevated him up. I loved that she took care of people around her so much, that ES light up when he saw her.

2 hours ago, Joje said:

Awesome :glasses:

I've played the hospital scene over and over again. She went from hitting/manhandling him to being “girlish & babyish” wanting him to feed her. As someone commented on IG; she could punch Luna but she can't pick up a spoon…. Aww JTE… What a journey it has been.

I won't mind seeing some “hitting and manhandling” in the finale though :P:P

Mandhandling is what we wanna see!..hahaha

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 7
  • Naughty 2
  • Love 7
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주