[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

17 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

:D

With so much filming clips of yet-to-air scenes floating around,I wonder if it's going to have adverse effects on more ppl wanting to tune in coz it leaves nothing much to discover in the actual episodes. Usually PD and directors are keen on keeping filiming under-wraps and insist in public not sharing their clips before episode airs but with TKEM we get such high resolution clips I'm worried. They ought to manage these things for sake of hardwork all the cast are putting in.if its available to watch without having to watch actual episodes...what's the point?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

SBS IG update

Finally, tomorrow I'll see you.
Those of you who are still not into my charm will be beheaded.
_
SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Lord of Eternity"
10 p.m. every Friday/Saturday

Lee Minho Talks About Acting with 'Maximus' the Horse

Spoiler

201424448_1280.jpg

Actor Lee Minho shared what he had to learn to better portray his role of an Emperor. On April 22 episode of SBS 'Han Bam', the two lead actors of 'The King: Eternal Monarch' shared their filming experience, and what they have prepared for their roles.

Spoiler

201424447_1280.jpg

201424446_1280.jpg

When asked what things they had to learn for their characters, Lee Minho said, "I worked really hard at practicing rowing and horseback riding."

The actor continued, "To be honest, playing an Emperor isn't something that you can be prepared for," and jokingly added, "It's because I'm the very definition of an Emperor."

Spoiler

201424451_1280.jpg

Lee Minho also talked about his experience of acting with the white horse 'Maximus'.

He said, "Maximus is so cute. His nose gets red when it's cold out. He also enjoys eating the lemon-flavored candy that I like. When filming was over, we had a piece of candy together."

Spoiler

201424449_1280.jpg

201424450_1280.jpg

Meanwhile, SBS' new drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' airs every Friday and Saturday at 10PM

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Layali said:

With so much filming clips of yet-to-air scenes floating around,I wonder if it's going to have adverse effects on more ppl wanting to tune in coz it leaves nothing much to discover in the actual episodes. Usually PD and directors are keen on keeping filiming under-wraps and insist in public not sharing their clips before episode airs but with TKEM we get such high resolution clips I'm worried. They ought to manage these things for sake of hardwork all the cast are putting in.if its available to watch without having to watch actual episodes...what's the point?

I’m hoping that won’t be the case.

While I’m enjoying the clips, I don’t want the over expose of the drama take some

of the mystery out of it. 

Just like I thought Netflix is the only online streaming site that the King is on, turned out that it’s avaialble on wave. While I know that the show is popular and people are watching, I still want them to do well in terms of ratings.

hope in the future the crew will let people know not publish their clip, or not taking clip at all

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

credit to @briseisiq9CcG5.png

What caught my attention with this symbol was not just the resemblance to the actual Korean symbol, but also to the endless loop. It is the same line that crosses over and over again. This endless loop could be a clue to the time travel. Lee Gon saved himself in the past, forced Lee Lim to travel to the parallel world. The center, where every path crosses each other could be the assassination of LG's father. While Lee Lim thinks, he is mastering his own destiny, he is actually only following what he is supposed to do. And each line from the petal represents an intervention in the time and in the parallel world, maybe each petal could symbolize a person, like f. ex. Lee Gon, JET, the white rabbit, Lee Lim, maybe Lee Lim's minion and Jo Young. If so, then this means that Lee Lim is actually predestined to lose the fight, while thinking he has become a god and can meddle in people's life.

But this is just a theory. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 4

LMH Twitter and MYM IG update

The King: Eternal Monarch, an introduction to the parallel world

Please remember the three key points and see you tomorrow night!
#Peaceful #Full-of-the-world #Dimensional

SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch"
Every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.!

Introduction to the Parallel World

Interesting points to know

EWShaUlWsAAsrTj?format=jpg&name=small

Empire of Corea

- Lee Gon's world

- Constitutional Monarchy

- Capital: Busan

Republic of Korea

- Jung Tae Eul's world

- Presidential System

- Capital: Seoul

EWShbPRWkAA-902?format=jpg&name=small

Same timeline, different dimensions

Spoiler

EWShdAVXYAA33AT?format=jpg&name=small

Night of Revenge

On a historic day when the Korean Empire treasure "Manpa-sik-jeok" (flute), meaning "two worlds," was unveiled for the first time in 20 years, Lee Rim killed his half-brother and Lee Gon's father, Sun Hwang-je Lee-ho.

Spoiler

EWShljtXsAMuGN8?format=jpg&name=small

Eight-year old Lee Gon, upon seeing his bleeding father, fought against Lee Rim, breaking the Manpa-sik-jeok in two.

Lee Gon and Lee Rim each have a piece of the flute.

Spoiler

EWShmm5WsAIhqxe?format=jpg&name=small

Through the door of dimension, it has become possible to cross the parallel worlds of the Empire of Corea and Republic of Korea.

EWShnrJX0AE4POg?format=jpg&name=small

*more detailed information HERE.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

OSEN | 2020. 04. 23. 2:27 AM

Lee Min Ho exudes Emperor aura in backstage photos of "The King: Eternal Monarch"

77C2E4D9-5B63-467E-820E-C74DFC19F4BA.jpg

The series of backstage photos of "The King: Eternal Monarch" showing Lee Min Ho's majesty as the Emperor was published.

In the Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS, scriptwriter: Kim Eun Sook, directors: Baek Sang Hoon - Jung Ji Hyun) aired on April 17, Lee Min Ho takes on the role of Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire. In addition to his perfect visuals, Lee Min Ho has displayed his flexible acting ability in various film genres, brilliantly opening up a fantasy romance.

Lee Min Ho's character Lee Gon is the third emperor of the Korean Empire, an all-round king with a calm personality, a noble temperament, and a handsome appearance. At the same time, he is also a mathematician who loves accurate numbers more than vague words.

In episodes 1 and 2, Lee Min Ho fluttered female viewers' hearts with the charisma of a perfect Emperor, from the attractiveness when saying meaningful words along with affection for the people as an Emperor to the image of an almighty person possessing rich knowledge about boating, horseback riding. Additionally, he also expressed a romantic, honest and deep love for Kim Go Eun (as Jung Tae Eul), thereby heightening fans' anticipation for the mesmerizing combination that will be depicted in the 2 worlds of the "Lee-Eul" couple in the future.

The behind-the-scenes photos showing Lee Min Ho's prominent royal aura are making fans more fluttered while waiting for the next broadcast. The drama revealed various images of Lee Gon, from the spectacular scene before walking through the space door to the normal appearance when he learns about the parallel world after setting foot in the Republic of Korea. Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho has fully shown the majestic manners without any flaw of an Emperor.

In particular, the appeal exuding from Lee Min Ho's temperament and deep gaze when he plays the role of Emperor Lee Gon - who owns both coldness and warmth - is captivating all viewers.

Lee Min Ho has become a hot topic through the stories that the people of Busan witnessed during the filming of the drama. The image of him wearing a black jacket, skillfully riding the white horse Maximus and striding in the city has received rapturous responses from the public when it was widely spread on SNS channels and online communities. Seeing Lee Min Ho riding Maximus and exuding an impenetrable aura, the people there praised him as, "Real-life prince charming."

The Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS) starring Lee Min Ho - Kim Go Eun is receiving a lot of attention from the public when recording a 2-digit viewership rating right from the first episode. This is a romantic, fantasy work depicting the process of cooperating throughout the two worlds between Lee Gon - the rational emperor of the Korean Empire who wants to close the door connecting the two worlds, and Jung Tae Eul - the emotional criminal police of the Republic of Korea wanting to protect someone's life, human and love.

The drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" is broadcast at 10 pm (KST) every Friday and Saturday.

OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi Kyung /seon@osen.co.kr
Photo = Provided by MYM Entertainment 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I know that people are still questioning their chemistry on screen, but Am i the only one who is shipping them in real life??

They re both around the same age, and both seems down to earth. :wub:

And Looking at the behind the scene and how LMH laugh during interview, he seems very comfortable with her.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

There  are co workers and there are actual normal friends on sets. And looks like the two leads really have good chemistry off screen. The comfort level is so clear. Which is good thing to see. No ego clashes. No wonder they look so natural onscreen.

Second netflix shoots. After the success of drama on netflix,  and netflix doing more korean originals,  i won't  be surprised , if they sign the 2 leads for some big netflix project in future. Because king smashed on netflix  topping charts everywhere,  even the countries where kdramas are not seen much. Netflix provides better global platform, bigger budgets. Look at kingdom.  It is great foe them , that their drama is getting loved on netflix. It opens more global  doors for them.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I know that people are still questioning their chemistry on screen, but Am i the only one who is shipping them in real life??

They re both around the same age, and both seems down to earth. :wub:

And Looking at the behind the scene and how LMH laugh during interview, he seems very comfortable with her.

Believe me when I say I‘m not one to ship easily. But why do I find them so adorable? They just have such a connection, it’s hard not to ship! I’m smiling like crazy just watching them interact. 

But I’m one that finds their onscreen chemistry cute. I can’t see why anyone would say otherwise. And I’m also one who can’t decide which ship I should sail with between lmh+Maximus, lmh+kge and lmh+wdh :lol:

Believe me though, I’m not one to ship easily lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 3

3 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Believe me when I say I‘m not one to ship easily. But why do I find them so adorable? They just have such a connection, it’s hard not to ship! I’m smiling like crazy just watching them interact. 

But I’m one that finds their onscreen chemistry cute. I can’t see why anyone would say otherwise. And I’m also one who can’t decide which ship I should sail with between lmh+Maximus, lmh+kge and lmh+wdh :lol:

Believe me though, I’m not one to ship easily lol

so many ships to ship hehehe....I think their interaction on screen is  cute as well, but im curious how the transition from annoyed Tae Eul to In love with Lee Gon Tae Eul will unfold. I'm hoping it's natural and organic where we can see it's obvious she started to fall for Him. Please KES, make it passionate!!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2