[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

SBS IG update

Lee Min Ho + Kim Go Eun Enjoy Romantic Fried-Chicken Date In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SBS’s new drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has shared a sneak peek of Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun on a fun date!

Spoiler

On the previous episode of “The King: Eternal Monarch,” Emperor Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho) struggled to convince Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) that he was truly an emperor from a parallel universe. Despite his failure to convince her of his true identity, Lee Gon boldly declared at the end of the episode that he intended to make her his empress.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul get to know each other better over a delicious meal of fried chicken. While Jung Tae Eul looks pleased to be introducing Lee Gon to so-maek (a Korean cocktail of soju mixed with beer), Lee Gon mainly seems pleased to be spending time with Jung Tae Eul, and he is unable to take his eyes off her throughout their date.

Although surprised and amused by Jung Tae Eul’s masterful so-maek mixing abilities, Lee Gon is wary of actually trying the drink, which he has never seen before.

Lee-Min-Ho6.jpg

Kim-Go-Eun5.jpg

According to those present during filming, Lee Min Ho—who is known for not being much of a drinker in real life—couldn’t help bursting into laughter after seeing how serious Kim Go Eun looked while mixing the so-maek.

The producers of “The King: Eternal Monarch” commented, “Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are romance masters who know exactly how to make viewers’ hearts flutter. Please tune in this week to find out how Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul’s relationship changes after Lee Gon’s sudden proposal.”

Spoiler

Kim-Go-Eun-Lee-Min-Ho-2.jpg

Kim-Go-Eun-22.jpg

Lee-Min-Ho-23.jpg

The next episode of “The King: Eternal Monarch” will air on April 24 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1396061wpp/lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-enjoy-romantic-fried-chicken-date-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 10

Just finished the first two episodes and the first episode started really strong and was such a visual treat for the cinematography/set design. One of my favorite Tv shows was Fringe, so I love parallel worlds and all.

Spoiler

Here we possible have that and time travel?!? 

It was a surprise that plot wise, things got way slow for episode 2 and I guess it is to focus on back story and  key side characters in the Republic world. Felt a bit of lost momentum.

Spoiler

So the mother in the Republic world is alive and she seems to be working for the guy who killed her son?!? It is a bit odd even if it is to avoid prison. He did frame her too. This plot line is interesting. 

I am still unsure re the chemistry between the leads but then she’s totally convinced he is insane lol. I hope they don’t stretch this In don’t believe you’ for too long. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I just Youtubed the name of the two singers (NELL and YOUNGZOO) to hear their voices in other songs. LOL :joy: I am that impatient. 2 more songs will be added to my playlist (Maze and Gravity).  :D 

2 MORE days left to watch episode 3!! It feels like ages!! I have watched episode 1 and 2 more than 3 times. :D 

To be honest, I am glad that they are using new singers (at least they are new to me). Because Kim Eun Sook and Park Jin Eun dramas, we usually hear Yoon Mirae songs. She sang "You are my world" , "Flower", and so on (her voice is so beautiful, but people make connection between dramas and do comparison). LOL 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Oh no... Those extremely brilliant and expensive diamonds hurt my girl. :D

And look how sweet and caring my King is......... Die die! :wub:

1587580318.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More SBS IG update.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These biscuits from PB are selling fast despite the lock down.

Taste must be so good. :blush:

EWQaKEUUYAA9Pbd?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

29 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

And look how sweet and caring is my King is......... Die die! :wub:

Ommoo, this is very cute.:wub:

Would you share the link for this BTS, because I don't think I saw this scene from BTS that shared by SBS.

Thank you in advance, chinggu! :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

201424287_1280.jpg

Lee Minho & Kim Go-eun Share How They Felt When They Discovered They Will Work Together

Actor Lee Minho and actress Kim Go-eun revealed how they felt when they found out that they will be working together.  On April 22 episode of SBS' television show 'Han Bam', Lee Minho and Kim Go-eun's interview was shown. 

201424288_1280.jpg

During the interview, the interviewer asked Lee Minho and Kim Go-eun a series of questions about their current drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch'.  One of the questions was, "How did you two feel when you were told you were cast alongside each other?"  Lee Minho gave his answer first, "Kim Go-eun was one of the people around my age who I really wanted to work with. So, it felt so great." 

201424286_1280.jpg

Kim Go-eun responded as well, "As soon as we met, I blurted out I was a fan of 'Kim Tan' (Lee Minho's character in 'The Heirs')"  She continued with a huge smile on her face, "I honestly think he is the best out there. You are the best, Lee Minho!"  SBS' new fantasy romance drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' unveiled the first episode on April 17, and it airs every Friday and Saturday at 10PM KST. 

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005759050

• Like 7
  • Love 3

25 minutes ago, superspace said:

Ommoo, this is very cute.:wub:

Would you share the link for this BTS, because I don't think I saw this scene from BTS that shared by SBS.

Thank you in advance, chinggu! :)

Here it is dear..

I die so giving you warning... brace yourself! :blush:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lovely fan arts fron Jana.

EWOcHV1WoAAcI-Y?format=jpg&name=medium

EWDmc74WoAAUg0S?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Chellsee
added fan arts.
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

Here it is dear..

I die so giving you warning... brace yourself! :blush:

Thank you so much :D

Our Handsome King is too sweet, to both JTE and Maximus! :lol:

I watch this scene so many times!

Hope they show us many BTS for more upcoming episodes.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@Chellsee omo, what is this? Am I shipping them? I am not one to ship easily but why do I like them so much? Unlike the king and JTE, LMH and KGE seem to have warmed up to each other quite easily. My heart is shook, they’re absolutely adorable! 

@syntyche these two are full of compliments for each other. It’s certainly making my heart flutter a bit :lol:

Be still, my heart. 

@superspace I want to find someone who looks at me the way the king looks at Maximus :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

New article rough translation! :) 

'The King' Lee Min-ho, Unrivaled Charisma + Elegance 'White Horse Tan Emperor'

Beautiful appearance 'perfect monarch'
Igon X Tae-eul couple, ecstatic chemist
'white horse igon' SNS witness

BF.22436714.1.jpg

The behind-the-scenes story of Emperor Lee Min-ho's charisma, The King-Eternal Lord, was revealed.
Lee Min-ho transformed into the role of Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire in the SBS gilt drama "The King-Lord of Eternity" (played by Kim Eun-suk, director Sang-Hoon Baek), showing the broad digestive power of various genres with gorgeous visuals. Opened the door to fantasy romance.
Lee Gon-ho, played by Lee Min-ho, is the 3rd emperor of the Korean Empire and a mathematician who loves accurate numbers than ambiguous words while being a perfect monarch with graceful appearance, graceful character, and tranquil character.

In the 1st and 2nd episode of 'The King-Eternal Lord', Lee Min-ho was the emperor's charm with charisma who practiced the Eungjunggol ashes, the tenderness of caring for the people, and the all-around person who assisted with courtship and horse riding. I waved my heart. In addition, he showed a sad and straight romance toward Kim Go-eun (reversed by Jung Tae-eul), looking forward to the fascinating chemistry of 'Autumn Couple' to be drawn across the world.
In this regard, behind the scenes of Lee Min-ho's unrivaled emperor Aura has been released, fans are waiting for the next shot. From the scene of the spleen before crossing the dimensional door to the everyday aspects of exploring the parallel world after coming to Korea, Lee Min-ho boasted a majestic emperor's appearance from the head to the toe.
In particular, Lee Min-ho, who is immersed in Emperor Igon, where coldness and warmth coexist, overwhelms the eyes of those who see the charisma emanating from the deep eyes and atmosphere.

On the other hand, Lee Min-ho gathered a lot of attention by witnessing the 'The King' shooting of Busan citizens. Lee Min-ho, who appeared in a black coat, enthusiastically dealt with white horse maximus and walked around the city, spread to various social media and communities, and received a hot response. Citizens who saw the real life of Lee Min-ho, who shed Maximus on the day and radiated an aura that cannot be met, responded with excitement, saying, `` The Prince of the Real White Horse. ''
The SBS gilt drama 'The King-The Lord of Eternity' starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Eun-eun, who has gained high interest every day after recording the double digits since the first episode, is an emperor of the Korean Empire who wants to close the gate of the dimension. It is a fantasy romance with a different dimension of drawing the literary-type Korean detective Jeong Tae, who wants to protect Lee Gon and someone's life, people, and love through coordination between these two worlds.
The 3rd and 4th episodes of 'The King-The Lord of Eternity', composed of a total of 16 trilogy, will be broadcast at 10 pm on the 24th and 25th.

credit: https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2020042327964

Another article praising The King Lee Minho!!  :wub:

'The King-Lord of Eternity' Lee Min-ho, the unrivaled Emperor Aura

100778566.1.jpg

credit: https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20200423/100778567/1

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

I just Youtubed the name of the two singers (NELL and YOUNGZOO) to hear their voices in other songs. LOL :joy: I am that impatient. 2 more songs will be added to my playlist (Maze and Gravity).  :D 

2 MORE days left to watch episode 3!! It feels like ages!! I have watched episode 1 and 2 more than 3 times. :D 

To be honest, I am glad that they are using new singers (at least they are new to me). Because Kim Eun Sook and Park Jin Eun dramas, we usually hear Yoon Mirae songs. She sang "You are my world" , "Flower", and so on (her voice is so beautiful, but people make connection between dramas and do comparison). LOL 

I wish they get Gaho to be part of the OST. He has hauntingly beautiful voice befitting the theme of this drama. He sang for one of The Last Empress OST. It was very good. Also sang for a couple other famous dramas like Itaewon Class, While You Were Sleeping, Time, Terius Behind Me.

2 hours ago, Chellsee said:

And look how sweet and caring my King is......... Die die! :wub:

I thought she was feeling his six pack. Lol.

I love KGE with JHE. They have really lovely chemistry in Tune in for Love. But it's only been 2 episodes of The King so there's room for inprovement in terms of chemistry. Let's not forget about this potential future scene...

tk01.gif 

• Like 5
  • Love 5