Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I will be more than thrilled to see all four of them participate in changing the future! Never would have predicted it and I’m loving the idea! 

 

I did predict it when I initially mentioned about the 4-Tiger Sword as them 4 scooby gang members. But I did not situate it on the Night of Treason. That's even better. No, that's the best!

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

 

I did predict it when I initially mentioned about the 4-Tiger Sword as them 4 scooby gang members. But I did not situate it on the Night of Treason. That's even better. No, that's the best!

 

If they joined in on the battle it would be anti-climactic and epic imo coming from another direction meaning if LR manages to escape he will run to the gate to escape to ROK and imo JTE-SJ should block it the gate instead of entering the main battlefied hall giving LR minor chances to escape  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Many people think PM Koo’s mom was replaced with her counterpart but i’m pretty sure mom still alive and got kidnapped. As you can see, the kidnapper is there beside mom wearing red clothes. One hand is holding mom’s phone, while the other hand holding knife (?). Mom answered “jjajangmyeon” instead of “mackerel” to let her daughter know that she is in danger. 

 

EZ8Rpb-U8AA7L5D.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Have mercy on me guys!
 

These pages keep adding while I am trying to catch up!

 

are you guys punishing me for having you guys put up baddies as your profile picture?!!

 

:tounge_xd::joy:

 

 

 

Remember to bring some soju with you when you catch up or vodka 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I just don't see this being logistically possible but i would definitely love to see it unfold. My only issue is how willl JTE and SJ enter the inbetween?

 

1. SJ has LR's flute.

2. Part of LG's plan is for SJ to bring LR to the portal. The flute needs to be whole again so they can return to 1994.

3. That plan will change since TE has decided to bring LR on her own that's why she got the flute from SJ & that's why she asked Luna to steal LR for her while she was asking SJ for the flute.

4. My guts tell me SJ will go with TE & LR.

 

Assuming all 4 conditions above are fulfilled, have we covered the logistics?

 

@Elnin Joery @Joanna AlfsonS ee above. BTW, Luna remains in ROK as planned by TE.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

 

1. SJ has LR's flute.

2. Part of LG's plan is for SJ to bring LR to the portal.  This means LG (and JY) will be waiting at the exit for them.

3. That plan will change since TE has decided to bring LR on her own that's why she got the flute from SJ & that's why she asked Luna to steal LR for her while she was asking SJ for the flute.

4. My guts tell me SJ will go with TE & LR.

 

Assuming all 4 conditions above are fulfilled, have we covered the logistics?

 

@Elnin Joery See above. BTW, Luna remains in ROK as planned by TE.

 

Yes the logistics is covered and it could unfold like that as you mentioned but the only issue here is Lee Lim coming with them to the battlefield? There will be two Lee Lim and even taking him seems little risky despite him being handcuffed

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Flloy House said:

 

Calling the experts @Heretorant @Elnin Joery

 

It's just a minor scene in episode 10 where a different Lee Gon appears for JTE and disappears again and he had a flower is that a Lee Gon from the future or the present Lee Gon?


Well, I’m no expert but I can offer my interpretation :D 

 

In episode 10, he was definitely from the future. He’s LG from episode 15 and 16 traveling to meet JTE in that time. The flowers he brought remained behind as proof he was there. More on this here:

 

Episode 15, we see that the flowers vanished. My interpretation: LG is walking in a different path than he was before. His decision to go back to the night of treason with the mindset to kill LR instead of saving himself is already changing the future. Originally, LG meets JTE and brings her flowers but that won’t happen anymore, at least not on the same day and not in the same way. Technically, the end of episode 10 will not occur so she never received the flowers and that’s why they ceased to exist. 
 

The easiest way to think about this is that everything that is happening has already been set in place, it is fate. But if at any point, LG makes a different choice than what was meant to happen, he steers the wheels in a different direction shaping his own destiny. A flute that was broken and an ID that was left behind 26 years ago already determined LG’s whole entire life. But in going back and changing what happened that day, he can change everything. 
 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

 

1. SJ has LR's flute.

2. Part of LG's plan is for SJ to bring LR to the portal. The flute needs to be whole again so they can return to 1994.

3. That plan will change since TE has decided to bring LR on her own that's why she got the flute from SJ & that's why she asked Luna to steal LR for her while she was asking SJ for the flute.

4. My guts tell me SJ will go with TE & LR.

 

Assuming all 4 conditions above are fulfilled, have we covered the logistics?

 

@Elnin Joery @Joanna AlfsonS ee above. BTW, Luna remains in ROK as planned by TE.

 

You explained it very well but there is slight inconsistency hope that you will shade more light on it. 

 

1. What if Lee Lim leads them down the wrong path and sends them far in the past instead? He can't be trusted and also what if LG never gave SJ the real half flute?

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kdramatic said:

Sorry don’t know if anyone mentioned this in earlier posts (I had to catch up 20+ pages and my brain is a kind mush right now).

 

As viewers, are we technically watching timeline B and C?

 

Wouldn’t the first timeline have been somehow young LG not dying (no saviour), LL still only ending up with half of the flute and running off... and then young LG growing up to meet JTE and all that jazz then going back as the saviour to the night of treason (what us viewers are watching in episode 1).

 

So they kind have been stuck in a time loop and it’s not the first time LG and JTE have met? Now the LG we are watching realizes the only way to prevent all the death of loved ones from happening is to make sure LL doesn’t get to ROK so he basically needs to kill him the first chance he gets.

 

Am I just confusing myself? LOL


Sorry to quote myself but can someone clarify for me? Lol I’m still confused :sweat_smile:

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

 

Am not sure LMH is Catholic. His parents are Buddhists if I remember correctly

 

Ah is it? The profiles in the web must be corrected if that is the case... but i still think its great that they were backpacking in those countries with ease and freely.

 

The scene where LG in white suit (not navy suit) looking at JTE  (fan spoiler cam?) probably shows that LG still knows JTE, and her still wearing the necklace. 

 

I would prefer an ending that LG doesnt have to give up his Empire/Kingdom to be with JTE, rather JTE willingly leave RoK to be with him in KoC. If Lady Noh can do it for decades, why not JTE right?

 

Hmm.. the theory of all 4 coming to young LG's rescue.. no one mentioned anything about having his father saved? :ph34r: Now that would alter history completely...

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Heretorant said:


Well, I’m no expert but I can offer my interpretation :D 

 

In episode 10, he was definitely from the future. He’s LG from episode 15 and 16 traveling to meet JTE in that time. The flowers he brought remained behind as proof he was there. More on this here:

 

Episode 15, we see that the flowers vanished. My interpretation: LG is walking in a different path than he was before. His decision to go back to the night of treason with the mindset to kill LR instead of saving himself is already changing the future. Originally, LG meets JTE and brings her flowers but that won’t happen anymore, at least not on the same day and not in the same way. Technically, the end of episode 10 will not occur so she never received the flowers and that’s why they ceased to exist. 
 

The easiest way to think about this is that everything that is happening has already been set in place, it is fate. But if at any point, LG makes a different choice than what was meant to happen, he steers the wheels in a different direction shaping his own destiny. A flute that was broken and an ID that was left 25 years ago already determined LG’s whole entire life. But in going back and changing what happened that day, he can change everything. 
 

 

 

merci madame @Heretorant it was informative and after rewatching it I can confirm it that he was indeed from the future

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dramoron said:

Many people think PM Koo’s mom was replaced with her counterpart but i’m pretty sure mom still alive and got kidnapped. As you can see, the kidnapper is there beside mom wearing red clothes. One hand is holding mom’s phone, while the other hand holding knife (?). Mom answered “jjajangmyeon” instead of “mackerel” to let her daughter know that she is in danger. 

I am not into this theory btw. But I do believe that mackarel code is kind of secret message for KSR to notice there'll be something wrong. Ooohh... you sharp eyes! Yes, the red sleeves seems very different from mom's sleeves.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..