Quantcast

welcome to the re-watch  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you watched TKEM?

• This is my first time after TKEM ended in June
    • I watched it once or twice after TKEM ended
    • Too many times to count!
    • I just re-watched clips and MVs - too lazy to watch the series again
    • This is my first (gasp!) time watching TKEM-welcome!
  2. 2. Be honest--who did you think was the masked man who saved little Lee Gon?

• no question-adult LG
    • JTE
    • Jo Young
    • Noh Ok Nam
    • Lee Ji hun
    • Luna
    • Jo Eun seob
    • Kang Shin Jae
    • Gu Seo Ryung
    • Other (explain in post)
  3. 3. Are you excited to meet Maximus again? (the horse)

• Yes! how often do we get a kdrama with a beautiful horse?!
    • Ummm, not really - I mean it is a horse, not Lee Min Ho! :P
    • Wait, there is a horse that is a character in this drama -- was this drama inspired by (cartoon) Tangled?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/18/2021 at 10:38 AM

18 hours ago, LOWlie said:

To make it sure , that's its not her doppelgänger . So on the 15th episode. she was shocked, that's not her real mother.

In ep 14 PM Koo told her mother if she asked what her mother had for dinner, the answer should be Mackarel. But, after listened the news that Lee Se jin or PB grand daughter was killed in an accident by pregnant lady in US. So, when her mother answer was jajjangmyeon, PM Koo was shocked because the woman is not the mother, but the doppleganger.

Lee se jin death let LG made the decission to change the past, by went back once more. I think he will kill LR there and save his father King LH and little LG. But, JTE did not want he went alone, so she asked Luna to take her place as JTE and steal something from the precinct (LR?). She also asked manpasikjeok from SJ cause she need both to enter the gate and meet LG in the past.

one thing that I understand JTE has made decission accepting her fate as the wife of LG or Queen of KOC. Maybe after manpasikjeok become whole, the world become balance again and they can travel back and forth as they need to.

• Like 9
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Goong_admirer said:

That made sense. So time freezes at the exit of the travel. Now that really complicates the calculation LG has to do in the portal when he was on the way back.

Time to reach = time in the portal + time freezes outside + time to chat with everybody

Yes Also my 2 cents maybe IF YOU ARE in touch with the FLUTE you should also not freeze.

Cue-JTE when she crossed over with LG the first time around, The Whipflute was touching her as well,JY and guards would have been still BUT she could have been moving. SIMILARLY JY had the FLUTE when LR-LG had a face off so JY was able to shoot once His gun Got animated after time unfreeze since he was not still earlier as well.

• Like 7

Im back!

Whoa..gone for just 1 day because I had to host a party and now I have 20 pages to backtrack :lol:

lol!! I agree that we should change our profile picture to something happier.

Anything TKEM happy lol because dang, I cried too much in episode 15.

Seriously, I feel like this is what KES did to us:

c14.jpg
:joy:

alright then.

To celebrate our desperation and belief that there will be some kind of happy ending for our OTP, let’s change our profile picture!

I think us losers have already suffered enough with our baddie/horseshoe/ I am a Loser punishment (just for 3 days only hahaha) :D I honestly think we already have our answer to the poll and next week scene with JY/LG is a whole new event. Of course, you can keep your baddie too if you want :P :D

tenor.gif

:P

lets all enjoy the final ride of next week’s finale instead :P

@mrsj3n @AgentQuake @leeminhosny @Heretorant @Time loop @koreaboooo @madmad min @mychoiyoung @Amy323 @gwin @Wanderer062287 @MairaA @deabakdrama @lyrically aesthetic @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali and those i forgot to tag..so sorry!!

pass the word along, guys :D

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

In Ep 15 during the time freeze of LG n LR  confrontation..are SJ n JY frozen ? They came with LG to ROK..so the persons traveling with either LG/LR are not frozen when they travel?  If thats the case then JTE should also have noticed that time freezes when she moves from one world to another? JTE isn't aware of the time  freeze till LG tells her..:blink:

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Goong_admirer said:

To me altercation of this timeline deepens their love for each other. If we are looking from JTE pov, it's just few days after Gon is poisoned, he came back right? To explain her decision to probably die for Gon, her love for him must be greater than her love for herself at this point. To arrive at this conclusion, she must experience how rigorous Gon has to work to come back to her and also by this altercation, they are closer than the 13th episode that we have seen before.

I must be crazy about them, hahahaa to defend the writer this much.

I am at the same page with you. LG indirectly planting new memories for her to aware that he is travelling from the past and is on his way to her....hence why she waits for him.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

In conclusion, the logical change in this timeline is that they've been doing the deed for at least 3 or more months longer than before.  Good work, LG.  That seems to be the only real change you made.

See, that's what I like about you - knowing how to distill the KEY take-aways!  Saweeet!

I wish we had gotten this earlier in the show - the sheer POWER when LG and JY have when SJ joins them is incredible.  In a different lifetime, SJ could've been another JY.  He has the ambition, moral goodness, and ability to have worked himself out of the slums in KOC to become a trusted friend to the King, if he had the opportunity.

Who knows if next epi we will see LG, JY, SJ & TE together fighting it out against LR & his minions. I think SJ will join TE going to KOC out of concern for her

• Like 7
  • LOL 8
5 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Yes Also my 2 cents maybe IF YOU ARE in touch with the FLUTE you should also not freeze.

Cue-JTE when she crossed over with LG the first time around, The Whipflute was touching her as well,JY and guards would have been still BUT she could have been moving. SIMILARLY JY had the FLUTE when LR-LG had a face off so JY was able to shoot once His gun Got animated after time unfreeze since he was not still earlier as well.

Wohooo that's a good observation. I was worried before that because of the frozen time, LL would just cold bloodedly kill JTE/SJ or both, whichever will accompany him later. Now that you mention it, what is actually the impending danger that LL meant when he said to Gon, "who would Gon send to die accompanying him (LL) in the portal"?

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I think with these types of storyline’s, there are always going to be different theories and potential loopholes but I always enjoy a good analysis and I think a good more complex drama should allow people to express their different interpretations, which is what this drama is doing.

I quiet liked that when LG was travelling through time, he created additional memories with TE. I also thought this was his way of communicating with her given he knew she would have been worried about him. He was unable to stop LR when he travelled back to 1994 and once he realised he would need to slowly work his way back to April 2020, why wouldn’t he also think of finding a way to communicate with TE? While this drama has a variety of different genres, it is first and foremost, a romance and I think these moments certainly highlighted his devotion and love for her. I would also assume that even though LG was travelling through time, he would have just been gaining additional memories too as they were occurring the same way everyone else appeared to be.  

One thing I’d like a bit more of understanding about is how LR is still alive given he murdered his past self. I think the storyline works quiet well if we are working with one overall time line and any events in which time travel are involved, just alter any future events/memories but it does get a little messy if there are multiple time related storyline’s occurring at the same time. For me, it makes sense if LG is travelling through time and there are still events occurring in the current chain of events involving him (I.e. when he meets TE in ROK the first time but he is technically still working his way back through time) because he is technically still alive so things would just be playing out as per usual but in LR’s case, his past self has died so it’s confusing that his 2020 self remains alive. This also makes more sense because LG appears to be concerned that if he focuses on capturing LR and not saving his younger self, then this would be why he doesn’t return because technically if his younger self dies then so does he, so I’m confused as to why LR is still alive.. And when LG refers to Yeong and SJ ‘not coming back’, is this in more of a metaphorical sense like they’ll lose their current memories if things change prior to the current path they are on? Cos if their younger selves are still alive then wouldn't they just continue to live on but just perhaps with a different future?

Hopefully everyone is fine anyways especially if TE and SJ end up helping LG and Yeong. That’s more than enough to get rid of the baddies and LR and save a young LG right? Then they can all just be stuck travelling back to the right point in time together :D

But still I just think it does get a bit more confusing when we are working with different versions of characters in different timelines. The parallel universe aspect and having a portal to travel in between universes made more sense to me but different versions of the same characters in different time spans just confuses me a little. I might just be overthinking it but again, I do love when dramas make me really think about what’s happening so I’m not complaining!

I like that Luna is helping TE now and has grown fond of TE’s dad. I was really hoping her character stepped up to do some good so hopefully we continue down this route cos she has a lot of redeeming to do. I'm also very happy that SJ is helping out in a more positive manner now and agree that it would be absolutely awesome if he went through the portal with TE and LR.

Lots of very sweet moments in episode 15 and I absolutely love how much LG and TE have grown to genuinely love and adore each other. At this point, my ideal ending would be: they succeed in getting rid of LR and find their way back to the present together. Then when they end up in the present time, LG and TE get married and TE stays in KOC. LG figures out how to open the portal between both universes without it altering time or anything badly so TE can travel occasionally back home to see her dad and friends. Luna ends up getting better with love, support and treatment and stays with TE’s dad (and I wouldn’t mind a happy ending with her and SJ). Yeong ends up with the cute assistant, ES ends up with NR and we have cute babies all around! I would love to see Lady Noh’s relief and happiness when LG finally has a baby too haha I also wouldn’t mind seeing the prime minister just living a humble life with her mum even though she has annoyed me most of the series but just more for her mums sake. Yep this would be my ideal ending :D looking forward to the last episode!

• Like 13
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

------

Page 759:

@rocher22

so i guess he is the "death of a major character" that we read about days or week ago.

I mean.. present JY died.

1994 JY will still grow up no?

Im waiting for this last episode so I can understand the whole story.

In fact, Im not sure about anything anymore, not even whether Im writing this post this year or its 

some year from the future...:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 15
48 minutes ago, Goong_admirer said:

i always have this issue with time freeze that i hope someone enlightens me. When EXACTLY does the time freezes? At the point either LG or LL enters the portal? If that is so, anybody that enters immediately afterwards (such as JY at the end of ep 15) should be frozen after LG enters right? But JY clearly can move.

If it is frozen few minutes after, then the danger of JTE or SJ together with LL in that portal is not that eminent because they will not freeze, and thus LL cannot kill them. 

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

This is my interpretation (someone correct me if my interpretation is inconsistent with what we have seen on the show):

1.    Time stops when either LG or LR enters the gate.   

2.    The holder of the other half of the flute (the one who didn't enter the gate) will experience the time stop/time freeze; i.e. he will not be frozen, but everyone around him will be.

3.    When the holder of the flute who entered the gate exits to the other world  immediately (meaning he did not spend much time in the in-between), then when the holder of the flute exits on the other side, depending on how long the time stop is already, then the time stop could still be in effect

4.   When the holder of the flute takes someone with him, when all of them exit the gate, the ones with him are also immune to the time stop

So #3 above that scene where LG meets JTE in the bamboo forest (where she was waiting for him to come back).   LG just exited the gate, yet JTE was not frozen.   This is because before exiting the gate, he spent some time in the in-between place trying to look for answers.  Thus, when he exited, the time stop that happened when he entered the gate from KOC already lapsed.

#4 explains the scene we just had in Episode 15.   When LG, SJ and JY left KOC for ROK, there was a time stop felt by LR (the scene where JH's mom poisoned herself).    All three of LG, SJ and JY were not affected by the time stop, which is why they were able to go to that busy place where they confronted LR.  @nikir this answers your question above.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4

Hi fellow fans, 

I have to admit.. the show is confusing me with the logic behind the time travel at the moment and I’m confused by our character’s actions as well. However there’s still plenty to enjoy in the show like Eun Seob and Yeong, Shin-Jae’s meeting with his mum, and our OTP scenes!

Sharing more of my thoughts here

https://kdramaanalysis.com/2020/06/07/the-king-eternal-monarch-episode-15-review/

Can’t wait for the finale!

• Like 9

Okay so I have a question hehe. The police interrogation scene we got in episode 15, that's supposed to be the continuation for the episode 1 interrogation scene right? But why are they in RoK? Weren't they supposed to be in KoC for that interrogation (as shown by the KoC police logo in the form that TE was holding in episode 1)? Or do KoC and RoK police have the same logo? Or were events somehow altered?

• Like 5

If LG and JY killed LL and manage to keep the whole flute then they can time travel to 2020. Right? 

But then the 1994 LG who will grow up to 2020 LG doesn't have memory of JTE. 

But at the same time JTE also arrived at 1994 so she will traps in the timeloop? 

Omg my brain is hurting :fearful:

Whether LG allow this to happen ?becoz he knows he will forget JTE. 

Is JTE trapped in 1950,that's why he goes to 1950s.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Okay so I have a question hehe. The police interrogation scene we got in episode 15, that's supposed to be the continuation for the episode 1 interrogation scene right? But why are they in RoK? Weren't they supposed to be in KoC for that interrogation (as shown by the KoC police logo in the form that TE was holding in episode 1)? Or do KoC and RoK police have the same logo? Or were events somehow altered?

They were always in ROK.  I never thought for one second that interrogation scene in Episode 1 took place in KOC.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, gwin said:

4.   When the holder of the flute takes someone with him, when all of them exit the gate, the ones with him are also immune to the time stop

#4 explains the scene we just had in Episode 15.   When LG, SJ and JY left KOC for ROK, there was a time stop felt by LR (the scene where JH's mom poisoned herself).    All three of LG, SJ and JY were not affected by the time stop, which is why they were able to go to that busy place where they confronted LR.  @nikir this answers your question above.

32 minutes ago, nikir said:

In Ep 15 during the time freeze of LG n LR  confrontation..are SJ n JY frozen ? They came with LG to ROK..so the persons traveling with either LG/LR are not frozen when they travel?  If thats the case then JTE should also have noticed that time freezes when she moves from one world to another? JTE isn't aware of the time  freeze till LG tells her..:blink:

Thank you @gwin for the detailed explanation. I kinda get the gist now, except for #4 which still doesn't explain why JTE isn't aware of time freeze when she came back to ROK in ep 6 in Gwanghamun.

EDIT: or maybe JTE isn't aware that the frozen time is increasing ? Need to watch back what Gon said.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Goong_admirer said:

Thank you @gwin for the detailed explanation. I kinda get the gist now, except for #4 which still doesn't explain why JTE isn't aware of time freeze when she came back to ROK in ep 6 in Gwanghamun.

Because at that point, the time freeze wasn't that long yet (seconds only?).  I would assume that in the time it took her to get from the bamboo forest to the Gwanghamun square, the time freeze already ended.

• Like 5

After watching episode 14 and 15 I can't help but feel that the drama is definitely struggling with telling its story with the limited time it has left. There are a lot of things that needs to be resolved: not only certain plot points but also character arcs and emotional beats. In my opinion the drama would have been better as either consisting of 20 episodes, or if that's not possible some important plot events should have occurred much sooner and certain things should have been cut. 

Saying this I do want to add that of course it is easy to say this with the benefit of hindsight. I could not myself write a fascinating narrative such as TK:EM. I just feel sad that some of its promise is getting squandered.

What could have been cut? I think the biggest issue is that we have during the drama seen too much of LL’s planning and exchanging of doppelgangers. Instead of seeing him exchange and tempt so many doppelgangers it would have been more impactful with less but more important ones. Also if the audience didn’t get to see all the doppelgangers getting exchanged there would have been more tension since we wouldn’t know who to trust.

For example: In my opinion it would have been much scarier and created a lot of tension if LL through his doppelganger-scheme would have succeeded in killing the Prince’s granddaughter earlier

Also what should probably been cut: The fact that the Prince’s son was in league with LL and was the reason he was able to escape. It was a great scene in ep 14. But it was not built up at all. Sure the drama established that he was an richard simmons, but it would have made much more of an impact and made more sense plot-wise if it had been stated earlier in the drama that someone amongst the royal family must have helped LL escape (or that another guard who didn’t escape with LL must have). I think the scene is meant to show that the Prince’s son closed the door behind the traitors thus allowing them to escape from that door unnoticed (helping them get further away quicker). This fact indicates for the people who investigate the coup after the fact that there probably still is a traitor/spy in the royal palace. This could have been really interesting! This would have added a layer of claustrophobia in the palace, together with the possible doppelgangers. And then there would be payoff in these eps when LG discovers and confronts him. I assume this plot line is important to establish that it would be horrible if he was to get the throne (raising the stakes) but still I feel for perhaps the first time that the drama is trying to do too much with too many characters. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주