Quantcast

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

He couldn't have known that his past self will kill him it's impossible due to where he was from. LR from the Future died in the past but he couldn't have known that because his the one in the future. He can only know what happened to him in the past. This was also LR first time going back in time to change something but it was LG's second time 

LG only recognized that because of the clothes he was wearing that night later in his life and close to the night he went back to the past in 94. 

Thats why LR couldn't have possible known and it was impossible. It was first trip back for him

thnks alot :heart: you cleared it to me by saying it was his first time going back in time while it was LG second time.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

No problem:wub: ! I was going to type everything out as how it pertains to TKEM, but I'm so lazy/I don't feel like it :joy:! Enjoy!

In case you decide to type why and how it applied to TKEM then please tag me.

I am hoping that at some point you are tempted :)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
21 minutes ago, Jam Dungca said:

JY character is annoying and useless as of now. ES is more mature  and reliable and is more of help to LF and TE... IM annoyed with JY and SJ... They are both useless . I also dont get the character build up of SJ.  he  was given a lot of screen time in the past episodes and i try to watch it already it bores me lol,,,, what now? will he do some heroic things in the last 2 episodes so as to give justice to his lots of screen time in the previous episode?  For now,I consider SJ   lots of scenes a waste of time, I would be much happy if that amount of screentime was given to ES.... 

The thing is though - SJ and JY both had phenomenal potential.  If I had it my way:

SJ - an involuntary switcheroo that is suffering from two timelines in his head, and has been gaslit his whole life.  His entire journey should've been solving his mystery with his friends on the detective team, and his little sister JTE.   Instead of the stupid love triangle, he dislikes LG at the beginning because of his childhood trauma.  He needs everything to have a reason, purpose, and lawful.  He ends up making the discovery and altercation with Yeong at 8, and instead of storming off for like, 3 episodes, he has a meltdown because his past and present collide together and ends up becoming LG's ROK Unbreakable Sword.  Aside from LG, he has THE most reason to hate LL.  LL stole him from his life, gaslit him, took everything from him, and now he's stuck.  He never should've been the random third wheel to JTE/LG, then vanish for episodes, have some weird gambling parents crap.  He should've been their anchor on the ROK side as he found his true identity. 

We still could've had them dislike each other because SJ didn't want some unidentified weirdo with his sister figure, and LG could've disliked him because of his closeness with JTE.  But SJ's past is closest tied to LG's, and they should've woven them together more. 

JY - He went from a cheerful little kid who tagged along LG's stoic and arrogant child self, and then somewhere along the line they swapped roles.  Yes, he wants the King to be happy, but WHY?  Yes, he and the rest of the team will give their lives to protect the King, but expand on that.  Why are you so cold now?  Maybe 15 and 16 will tell us that from a young age, he's been in cahoots with Lady Noh to protect LG, and from the start, he knew that he was protecting the King from a greater evil.  But we have two episodes left, and 900000 plot points.  Yeong is being careless and has caused both of his charges to become hurt.  He went 26 years as the best of the best when it came to protecting the King, and you're telling me that in 4 months, he manages to miss LG being poisoned and then JTE gets stabbed.  Even if he wasn't sure which one was Luna and which was JTE, BOTH WERE RIGHT THERE!  He should've been tailing both.

But yeah nope.  We're getting crumbs of crap for both.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2
48 minutes ago, lupeace said:

Hi this is my firs post in here and im sorry that ill just get straight to the point. i rlly didnt understand why did present LR chose to go back save the past LR?? cause if present LG remembered that it was him that saved young LG then it is only logical that present LR would also know that the past LR will kill him.

aaah im soooo confused. if someone understands it better than me pls enlighten me with you

Plot-hole

OR because at this point LL 1994 don't have the flute, and LG 5y old get the half flute

OR because LG don't cheat with time and do what is supposed to do (save himself) but LL cheat and do an new event (meet himself) not existing in the previous timeline.

OR any other far-fetched explanation.

At this point, if I was the writer, any far-fetched explanation is OK.

Nobody will see this...

Except you. :D

Came out of lurking to join you guys finally, especially since the end is near :bawling: Although I've been lurking (since like page 200), yall best believe I was right there with you guys holding funerals for TE to counting abs on LG in the hospital bed to putting on my clown makeup for theories. 

Episode 14 was one wild ride - I had to keep replaying scenes over and over again cuz I was confuzzled to the max but seriously living for every moment. 

One thing I do want to share about how I understood the timeline. 

Spoiler

I don't know if this will make sense but I'd like to think of it as a singular timeline where the past is basically playing catch up to the present time. But the past is playing out simultaneously in real time with the present. Maybe that's why LG keeps saying I'm coming to you, I'm almost there, etc. And since they're happening simultaneously, we see the new past memories being consolidated to the present time TE in real time. So if this were true, I guess new past LG & OUR LG will consolidate into 1 person once time gets caught up and OUR flute will disappear completely since new past LG will have it.

Also, I think there was someone asking about the balloons. BoD wrote a pretty good theory about it: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/06/01/the-king-the-balloons/

Excited to see what KES has in store for us for the last 2 eps. Her mind is brilliant & every plot is unpredictable. I am joining the prayer circle for a happy ending. 

the lonely island comedy trio - Google Search | Prayer circle ...

OH AND I LOST LMAO 

& Happy 700+ pages!! Can't believe how LTE this thread has been going... 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

I AM A LOSER!

WOW! This episode rugged on so many heart strings!!! Had to catch up over 30 pages!!!

Loved little JTE’s bit of sass :heart:

I don’t have too many random thoughts right now but I feel the explanation we are watching of how everything works makes sense. Could there be some inconsistencies? Sure. But the drama also still has a couple episodes left. And to follow up with what @Heretorant said earlier, at the end of the day, it’s magic!

It’s a fantasy drama, so let’s just enjoy the ride and hope the romance that’s part of the story has a happy ending! ❤️

Past LL killing current LL was a nice touch and definitely needed to show how ruthless and unredeemable he really is. I just had a thought about current LL’s dead body. If his dead body is left at the palace, he won’t need to kill his doppelgänger in ROK (I think when LG was at the payphone they just said LG’s doppelgänger drowned?) Probably way over thinking this since there’s 2 episodes left. If there’s no explanation I’ll just assume his body magically evaporated like the flute. :sweat_smile:

• Like 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

It was kinda ironic when future LR was killed by his old self... showing how extremely evil he is. He was on a mission to kill his brother and no one, not even his future self is going to stop his evil deeds from happening. Reap what you sow?

LR is greed personified.  Imagine, you cannot even share with yourself, the one who is warning you about your downfall & is out to save you? Idiocy to highest.

• Like 8
45 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

@SweetButters - my wild imagination seems to have hit something, eh?

@mychoiyoungIf you want to say that a 3d object growing in a 4-dimensional space would come out in either worlds as a whole tree then no (at best it would come out like random branches or leaves growing in the air). If we were in the 4d space, we with our 3d perspective, we would see slices of the tree. In order to see a 3d object growing in a 4d space in our current 3d perspective of the world, you would need 4d eyes or something ! But who knows I could be wrong !:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

ON LG - I'm going now. Whenever I'm with you. I forget to keep count. <---- SWOOOOOOOOON!

ON TE - I appreciate the consistency in the characterization of TE.  Remember her keen sense of smell?

1. In Epi 1, the police squad discovered the dead body of Lee Sang Do cos she remembered smelling something weird when she intentionally bumped into the car.

2. In Epi 13, she remembered smelling something sweet when she was kidnapped.  Turns out the forest near the warehouse where she was kept is full of cinnamon trees

3. Then in this epi, she smelled the gas from the apartment so they were able to flee from the blast.

Meanwhile,  am I the only one scared of this lady?

She’s creepy AF! Love the consistency with strong female characters though!

I wonder wtf they are going to use the pregnant lady for...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • LOL 5
18 minutes ago, Kdramatic said:

If his dead body is left at the palace, he won’t need to kill his doppelgänger in ROK

But at that point in time, he was not yet aware of doppelgangers, remember?

btw PM is the smartest. She ensured her mom has a secret code unlike team LG. PM deserves her position as a politician :D

True to form, no one can beat politicians when it comes to self-preservation. Sad reality.

I wonder wtf they are going to use the pregnant lady for...

@Kdramatic I really felt for her when she was crying & begging with creepy scary lady...

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, btsunflower said:

Came out of lurking to join you guys finally, especially since the end is near :bawling: Although I've been lurking (since like page 200), yall best believe I was right there with you guys holding funerals for TE to counting abs on LG in the hospital bed to putting on my clown makeup for theories. 

Episode 14 was one wild ride - I had to keep replaying scenes over and over again cuz I was confuzzled to the max but seriously living for every moment. 

One thing I do want to share about how I understood the timeline. 

Hide contents

I don't know if this will make sense but I'd like to think of it as a singular timeline where the past is basically playing catch up to the present time. But the past is playing out simultaneously in real time with the present. Maybe that's why LG keeps saying I'm coming to you, I'm almost there, etc. And since they're happening simultaneously, we see the new past memories being consolidated to the present time TE in real time. So if this were true, I guess new past LG & OUR LG will consolidate into 1 person once time gets caught up and OUR flute will disappear completely since new past LG will have it.

Also, I think there was someone asking about the balloons. BoD wrote a pretty good theory about it: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/06/01/the-king-the-balloons/

Excited to see what KES has in store for us for the last 2 eps. Her mind is brilliant & every plot is unpredictable. I am joining the prayer circle for a happy ending. 

OH AND I LOST LMAO 

& Happy 700+ pages!! Can't believe how LTE this thread has been going... 

1) The fact that you use “LTE” proves you’ve been one of us all along :lol:

2) The fact that you unlurked with a display photo of LR must mean you are among us losers. 

3) Love what you said under the spoilers. I completely agree with you on this: the past is playing catch up with the present. I won’t repeat what you’ve said about LG altering the present while traveling through the past because I can’t say it better. I will add that I believe it to be true throughout the entire drama. I started thinking this since episode 10 when we saw LG visit JTE to bring her flowers. My interpretation: “future LG” (the one who brought flowers) is actually living in the present and we are watching his past. They are one person but we, the audience, are not caught up to the present yet so it seems like there are two LGs. It’s for the sake of showing us what happened. But once we are caught up, there will only be one LG. There’s always only been one but we’re watching a show where the past, present and future intertwine and affect each other so it “appears” like we are watching more than one LG. 

24 minutes ago, Kdramatic said:

I don’t have too many random thoughts right now but I feel the explanation we are watching of how everything works makes sense. Could there be some inconsistencies? Sure. But the drama also still has a couple episodes left. And to follow up with what @Heretorant said earlier, at the end of the day, it’s magic!

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks it makes sense. 

• Like 8
  • Love 12

In episode 13, Luna was shown in a van writhing in pain. 

Did LR give her a van in Korea?

And with Gemini stickers.

I'm not clear on this.

Yo-yo girl has the key to Luna's van.

I notice that she also has freckles.

1b33cd1ce667aa518e6d397522b337bdf48935b9

dd2de5b156bc8173ac81e10f8b45eeaeefb7b5f9

• Like 8
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주