[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I just watched the scene again AND we never got to see the whole flute vanish! LG says later that he can’t make many stops because the flute is deteriorating. For the sake of understanding how he’s able to go in and out, I’m going to say the flute is vanishing but hasn’t completely vanished! 

I’m not up for any loopholes! I’m going with that conclusion! 

Regarding LR, if you think he’s dead, think again! Recall what happened at the beginning of episode 1? Yes, that hasn’t happened yet! Here’s where the grandfather paradox comes in. LR2 will recall that LR1 traveled back to meet him and he killed LR1, therefore, LR2 will not go meet himself in the past. LR2 lives! 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 3

14 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

LG still has the flute because he obtained it from the 'past' child LG. It's the case where as long as it's the current person who had obtained it in the past is holding it, it'll remain. If child LG had tried to take 'future' LG's half of the flute, it wouldn't work. 

But Ok , I will differentiate as OUR LG (episode 1 -13) and Hugged BY JTE LG (Upgraded memory timeline LG)

OUR LG should not have his flute because , he obtained from his PAST LG, then his other Half WHICH was with episode 1-13 LR should also exist, but that flute was taken by LR's past and it vanished.So technically HIS one vanished. If you say he still got the flute than The Hugged by JTE LG and OUR LG should be same entity which HE CLEARLY IS NOT at this point. OUR LG did not get the hug from JTE , OUR LG is still resting in 0-1 passage or somewhere in the dark. That is what I think is the loophole.

Hugged by JTE LG has the Flute because he broke the Flute in his own timeline, that OTHER HALF is with the STill alive PAST LR.

The only flute which is present is in timeline with Upgraded LG and Past LR. Not the OG LG. Otherwise there should be 2 flutes. If the flute also multiplies than it is a different thing.

OR LIKE @Heretorant said, some part of flute is still there in OUR LG's possession (LR's completely vanished though) which allows him to travel a bit.

12 minutes ago, heatherf said:

During time travel, Why LG didn’t show up in front of his adult self and drop clues?

Good question, it's like why could Ji Eun Tak not leave the car when the TRUCK of doom hit!!! Because for them when this has to happen they sing (YOU ARE MY DESTINY!!!) lol. Destiny has to play in a certain manner. And we do not know that yet that the LG who got hugged by JTE is clueless unless we see tomorrow episode.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

PS. @koreaboooo @SweetButters @LeftCoastOppa
See, you guys are doubting oppa! He proves he's a good shooter!! Hahaha... have fun with your horseshoe!!!:tounge_xd: ^___^V  I suggest it's better than putting LR monster in your profile. He didn't deserve the honor. Really. I told you not him.

@Alice Wonderland HAHAHAH luck and coincidence must be on his side then !!!!! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I just watched the scene again AND we never got to see the whole flute vanish! LG says later that he can’t make many stops because the flute is deteriorating. For the sake of understanding how he’s able to go in and out, I’m going to say the flute is vanishing but hasn’t completely vanished! 

I’m not up for any loopholes! I’m going with that conclusion! 

At some point in 2016 he said he couldn't visit her again, and my clown self forgot that the flute had been Thanos'd and thought maybe there was something that prevented him from using it.  But then he showed up in 2019?  We saw the flute splintering and vanishing, maybe he picked up some stray splinters? 

The logical explanation is that he stayed in KOC somehow and pilfers from bb LG whenever he feels like crossing.

Between SJ's mom stealing, Luna stealing, LG's stealing...I'm surprised the palace has any valuables left.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Seriously.. I don't know where to begin and how much I need to backtrack after I post this... lol

But everything for episode 14 is simply

AWESOME!

Watching it with subs just made it even more "AWESOMFIED" (yes. I made up that word.. lol)

tenor.gif

SJ:

The real LSJ is indeed alive!

That "father" of SJ is the one behind the swap.

Since he actually owned the care centre, it is no wonder LR approached the father. Aargh!

But it seems that SJ is keeping JTE in the dark since he asked for the psychiatrist help and move the real LSJ. Fishy fishy...

So the stills that we saw... is that Luna asking SJ for help and SJ trying to have a future with the fake JTE?

If that is so... I'll end him myself!

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=4520555

LR:

Hahahahahahaha... I'm still laughing when I think of that moment when old LR met with past LR and then...

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=7390009

The pregnant KOC lady:

I guess LR has never really wanted the ROK pregnant lady to replace her.

He is just using her to make KOC pregnant lady to agree to whatever terms he commands.

What a nasty richard simmons!

PM Koo: 

She is one smart lady. I'll give her to that.

Since her doppelganger is dead, she came up with a code with her mother to make sure her mother is still her mother.

What an richard simmons. 

But based on what we see... she wants to get the flute too? 

Omg.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5053706

Luna:

GOSH!!!!!

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=15562348

She isn't really Team LR but she also wants the flute.

Seriously... LR isn't thinking properly.

The fight for the flute is now between 4 people I guess???

Yoyo Kid:

Wow.... just wow!!

I wish yoyo kid can just kill LR, PM Koo and Luna already. 

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=15706311

JY:

I don't really want to talk about him.

He stopped JTE from being by LG's side.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=4538758

LG:

OMĢ!

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=13801015

And what a genius!!!!!!

I may have lost my bet...but I've not lose any hope of him finally being together with JTE for their Happily Ever After!

The preview is pretty confusing for me and I'm not sure if it means she received help or what.. 

But I'm gonna rest my brain and my heart and get ready for episode 15 tomorrow!!

JTE:

I love you!!!!!!!!!!! 

Can you please just marry LG and go over to KOC already??

That man has to time travel for 4 months (I think subtitles indicated that) to come back to you.

Do you still need more reasons to forgo everything in ROK to go over to KOC??

Spoiler

tenor.gif already!!!

Hats off to KES!

I'm totally blown away with the storytelling and now all I want is just a Happy Ending whereby LG and JTE are King and Queen of KOC please!

tenor.gif?itemid=3948873

--------------

I'm a loser (geez.. how many times do I have to write this? :joy:)

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

21 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

LG still has the flute because he obtained it from the 'past' child LG. It's the case where as long as it's the current person who had obtained it in the past is holding it, it'll remain. If child LG had tried to take 'future' LG's half of the flute, it wouldn't work.

Hmmmm. I think from what we have seen so far from previous episodes the 'traveler' has to physically have the flute with him to use the gate (time travel back to episode 2 I think when LG went with TE to the bamboo forest but failed to see the door bcos he didnt have the flute with him that time). So the rule is you have to have it with you to open the gate, not just 'in essence.' 

I think @AgentQuake also mentioned another issue which is the timing of the flute's vanishing. Why did it take that long to vanish for lg but only moments for LL?

I am smelling a plot hole here but same with @Heretorant, I'll try to find an explanation :bawling:

Oh I almost forgot:

#yehesImmaloser

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Oh God :blink: today episode is make me dizzy:crazy: 

I'm almost have a heart attack with all the fact and then crying looking how LG/TE's love story that really complicated , it's sooooo sad :bawling:

I think I understand almost all of the scene.. 

And thank you for the theories,  make me more understand everything in this incredible drama :heart:

Let's wait patiently around.. 20+ hours :confounded:

Ah and, I didn't vote, 

I didn't go to this forum a few days, :unsure:

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

Also, I think it's safe for us to say that there will be one more time loop, at least.  Because LJH is still very dead, and we know he's back by 16.  I feel like we'll have another reset tomorrow, and 16 will be the new world/timeline? 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 4

Wow - episode 14 got me SHOOK. I’ll leave the theorizing to you guys :glasses:

The last scene in Gwanghwamun got me emotional, and the new OST (hoping its released tomorrow) made it 10x better!

• Like 9

WTF??? All the scenes from previous episodes now gathered as a piece. The reason he went back to the past was because the sound of the flute calling him? And bc the flute was vanished the gate and the world in between more unstable? 

I don’t care abt past LR killed present him. Cause at least LG enemy is only one, not two LR. Also, he lost the old half flute but, still getting the new one from Cheojongo.

I understand now why PB son Lee Seung hoon was exiled to US, because he was the one who helped LR escaped. So, that’s why his acted suspiciously and kind keep a secret all this time.

LG travelling to the past makes me cry a lot, how hard he tried to find the way back to JTE and how his heart only belong to TE. When he met little TE the look in his eyes sooooo... I can’t describe it, then he touched the girl hair so lovely and also so sad. 

SJ or I’d rather call him Hyeon Min, is not useless guys, he opened the secret behind the care centre. His dad actually the owner before LR bought that or perhaps trade with Kang Hyeonmin from KOC to replace his comatous SJ. And also he still can help LG and TE meet again.

I am still confused with the fact that LG can implant the new memory in TE head. How he made her remember the memory about him and the fact they ever met before, in 1994 and 2016? Arrrrggghhh my head!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

And ES was tailing LUNA, when she stabbed JTE where the fishh did he vanish. One half of the Doppler needs to do the work PROPERLY. !!

That was my question, too!

But this was a very emotional episode. Talk about being star-crossed lovers.  My hats off to KGE. This was her epi.  

Can't believe KES actually did a LAKE HOUSE on us with that phone booth segment with TE & LG.  Anyone familiar with this 2006 movie?  It stars Keannu Reeves & Sandra Bullock. But instead of a phone booth, they reached to each other via mail box -- not email but a literal mail box.  

The film is a remake of the South Korean motion picture Il Mare (2000) but I was not able to see the original.

• Like 8
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, madmad min said:

But Ok , I will differentiate as OUR LG (episode 1 -13) and Hugged BY JTE LG (Upgraded memory timeline LG)

OUR LG should not have his flute because , he obtained from his PAST LG, then his other Half WHICH was with episode 1-13 LR should also exist, but that flute was taken by LR's past and it vanished.So technically HIS one vanished. If you say he still got the flute than The Hugged by JTE LG and OUR LG should be same entity which HE CLEARLY IS NOT at this point. OUR LG did not get the hug from JTE , OUR LG is still resting in 0-1 passage or somewhere in the dark. That is what I think is the loophole.

Hugged by JTE LG has the Flute because he broke the Flute in his own timeline, that OTHER HALF is with the STill alive PAST LR.

The only flute which is present is in timeline with Upgraded LG and Past LR. Not the OG LG. Otherwise there should be 2 flutes. If the flute also multiplies than it is a different thing.

The way I think of it is, it's always been 1 timeline, so when OUR LG reaches the time when the loop starts, he will just exist as the only LG. His half of the flute will also exists as the only half of the flute. He is not the same entity during the time when JTE hugged him or during whichever past events when he visited her because the timeline had not reached the start of the loop yet. So to that timeline he existed as 'future' LG. In other words, the LG who visited JTE during the end of episode 10 is the same LG as OUR current LG. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 6

Yahoo!  I'm a winner!  :lol:Why?

1.  I must have a simple mind.  An A+B=C.  All the theories went over my head, so I stayed with the basics.

2.  I always thought LG not being good at shooting a gun was a red herring.  I suspected LG was very good, if not, the best, at everything.  

I haven't watch ep 14, but the only thing I still don't understand is why the savior LG felt for little LG's pulse if he knows he is alive?  Maybe watching the ep will clear it up.

However, even though I vote LG only, I wanted SJ to be a 2nd savior since so much time was spent on that character.  I still wonder why?  I know some wondered the same about JY, but I still like him since he was part of my ship--GonJo.  

Sounds like i will need a box of kleenex watching ep 14.:bawling:

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

i am with @Heretorant, the flute is not completely vanished, so LG still can go in and out. he save time by staying inside the in between places, so in 4 months he can get back to the 2020 coz the time in the in between places running faster than in KOC or ROK.

the one in the renew/revised 2019 Gwanghwamun meeting, is not the current LG, he is the LG that growing up from that 8 yo little boy saved by current LG (did i make myself clear? lol i think i got confused with my own sentences).

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, briseis said:

LG'S FLUTE HAS NOT VANISHED, IT'S ONLY GRADUALLY FALLING APART SO HE STILL HAS IT and can travel between the worlds but he can't stay long because it makes the cracks deeper so he needs to stay inside the in-between most of the time.  LR's half was seen disappearing, while LG's flute is only cracking.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

He hasn't been stuck there for 26 years, the time there flows differently and for him it equals only to 4 months. And exactly because those 4 months equal to 26 years, when he'll come back to 2020 it will be only days or a week at most since he left.

Reveal hidden contents

The reason why LR's half of flute vanished but LG's hasn't been made clear yet and will be surely revealed later; however, perhaps it has to do with the fact that the 1994 LR didn't obtain the flute yet and the one who did died, or perhaps because LG HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF THE FLUTE BEFORE HE PICKED THE HALF OF IT UP IN 1994. My theory is that he didn't need to physically obtain it for it to be his.

Why it will be only a few days or a week at most since he left??  :blink:

I thought he 'lost' about 4 months.. Because he came from 1994..and stay in "in between" place for 4 months and back to taeul. So tae eul didn't see him about 4 months. 

Is not?? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

Edited post:

So for those who didn't get it right, we need to change our DP

OR

type "I'm a loser" for every post we post here ?

And it's for till episode 16?

Oh man...... look what I've done! Lol

DP CHANGED!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7