[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Just finished watching...don't hate me everyone but....it all fell apart in the last 20 minutes.   The first part when they showed us the 1994 events was already perfect, but then when they started with the "stuck in time" storyline.... I was disappointed.  So many loopholes.

I am still trying to process my thoughts so maybe I will rewatch first.  Sigh.

• Like 5

2020 LR is killed by 1994 LR. And now, what function of so many switched people ? And so many stories of Police Station and KSJ's stories from ep1 to ep10, why ? Any affection if these scenes cut off 1/2 and give us more stories like the last 4 episodes ? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I just really need to get this off my chest: that scene with LG and bb TE killed me. I am still crying until now :bawling:

PS. Im a loser

A couple of thoughts though:

1. If 2020 LL already went back to the past and got killed by 1994 LL, this means we no longer have an LL in the current timeline? So who are his minions still working for? Also whats gonna happen now with all the switched doppelgangers?

2. Why did the manpasomething fade?

3. If the manpasomething already faded in lg's hands (when he went back to the past), how has he been able to travel back and forth?

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I say whattttt.... Cliffhanger! Glad that we have tomorrow. 

Can I say, the now timeline, original Lee Lim has ben killed by the past Lee Lim? Whose in charge of his man now? 

So, the now timeline, LG is recreating memory in every year they've met and reflecting in now ROK timeline. How about KOC? They r missing both Yeong n The King for 4months? Now, our villain is PM Koo. What's with her plot using her mother? 

Now, both of them in ROK. 

JTE n Lune

KSJ n KHM

ES n Yeong

A little bit more to original timeline. Come on LG. He should be exausted during this process. But, stay focus! 

Looking at preview, JTE is saved and LG is back at KOC. JTE might be seeing LG on her bedside in her imagination. Who knows? 

Wooooaahhh... Great theory by @aidanelle! The yoyo boy is the flute! He was there all along to keep the balance until he was whole again. Can we hope our OTP will be safe. Actually, nothing change much. Its a circle now. Once original time come back to LG, time will back to normal? Lets hope yoyo boy got back his power and set everything right. JTE need to crossover for them to be together. KSJ needs to make a decision where he wants to be. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Ep 14 blow out my mind , what a great episode :D

Ugh, why are you so good at this?

I need to learn how to make gifs lol. 

My reaction gifs are dull in comparison to yours. NOT FAIR!! :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

To the people who are confused why the Manpashikjeok faded, it's because there can only exist 1 Manpashikjeok. Before the yoyo child says there's only 1 of itself. At that moment in time, it's year 1994, the Manpashikjeok exists already locked up. Past LR cannot obtain the half of the Manpashikjeok that comes from the future when he has not obtain it yet, thus when he held the coup later on, that's when he obtain the half he will currently hold.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 3

#ImmabeheadedLoser

How many collective hours did we all spend rewatching episode 1, measuring LMH's useless leggies, counting the number of bullets, measuring the angle at which he was shooting, and STARE AT THE SHOES.  I feel like they did this on purpose, I always said there would be some sort of fake out but it turns out the fake out was just us.  We are CLOWNS.

Anyways, really good episode and it tied up a big chunk of the story from 1-13.  We still have a lot of plot points though to hit though, and some bizarre issues that always come up with time travel.

Poison: WTF kind of poison is this?  Hydroxycloroquine?  Or was it the Captain America super serum?  The man got poisoned, treated in some random clinic for like, 12 hours, and then was up and doing flippies and shooting people hours later.  Can I get some of that?  I'm shocked they didn't show him chugging ginseng packages before he went a-shootin'.

Night of Treason: I do not wish to speak about the shooting scene.  Every moment SJ didn't show up was like stab to the side, JTE style.  I loved loved loved the extras we got, from LL being his own worst enemy, to Lady Noh's past basically being resolved with two sentences. 

SJ's dad - His parents officially win worst parents award.  They swapped their son with a healthy model, and then stuck the other one in a care center for 25 years???

JTE: GIRL SHE JUST POISONED YOUR BOYFRIEND.  WHY DID YOU NOT ARM YOURSELF WITH AN AK47 AND WREAK HAVOC ON HER?  WOT IS YOU DOING??????  I get it.  You haven't seen your hot piece of Kingly azz for 4 months, I would be upset too. BUT WHAT IS HAPPENING.  CALL JO YEONG.  CALL SHIN JAE.  Isolate Luna yes, but make sure YOU ARE NOT ISOLATED I can't with this girl I can't.  What is the game plan with Luna?  Why do we need to talk to her?  She threatened to kill you and then she DID kill your boyfriend, for all intents and purposes.  He was lucky to survive, despite the poison basically being like...dish soap.  Also if it's been about 4 months, were they just swapping back and forth parent trap style???  How did no one take her out for FOUR MONTHS?

Time Loop:

Big blab on time travel

Spoiler

OKAY.  So since basically everything I watch involve some sort of time travel, I will say that she tried VERY hard to make it work.  And it mostly did.   Mostly. 

The Pros:

• We still have OUR Jeong Tae Eul, albeit with some upgrades.  The JTE that smacked LG around for months is still alive.  The JTE that lived all of these experiences is still alive.  But the JTE that LG visited and loved for 25 years is also still alive.  Making for one upgraded and enhanced JTE.  Who apparently still walked straight into a knife.  But I digress.
  • Good work on only having LG wait through 4 months.  It may seem like a lifetime for him, but it's a much better alternative than waiting 25 years, and showing up as a crumbly old geezer to JTE.  I mean, I still would.  His scenes with the bb JTEs were so sweet, and I love that she actually took it to heart.  It's actually a really nice play on their honesty thing - he DID show up exactly as he said he would, and proved to her right away he was right.

The Con:

• Didn't the flute...disappear?  He was going back and forth with it, but then it...vanished.  So how on Earth did he continue going back and forth?
  • This was a con, but now I guess it's a pro.  I haven't decided, next episode will make up my mind for me.  The first two meetings had minimal impact on the timeline.  She had him in her life, but at any time, but the natural course of her life was not disrupted from the original timeline.  However, when they met in 2019, she's SKIPPING the entire first chunk of their relationship.  At first I thought about how there's no way the butterfly effect wouldn't come into play here.  But then I realized, present bleeding JTE now just lives with two sets of memories in her head.  Her original memories from the smacky yelly timeline, and now the one where they skipped straight to the love.
  • Here's where things will get...weird.  And I'm waiting to see what will happen tomorrow.  There's still only one JTE.  A JTE with two timelines in her head, but ultimately, still just JTE.  But what about LG?  I think all of the Prisoners of Azkaban theorists are correct - original time traveling LG will replace the new timeline LG?  But does new LG just vanish?   I NEED TOMORROW.

Imma need Yeong to step up here.  COME ON BOY.  I absolutely support and understand his hesitation with JTE/Luna.  He doesn't know her well enough to tell the difference - hell, even her dad can barely do it.  Only LG can tell which one is his JTE just by looking at her mico-expressions.  But dude...if PM can figure out the safe word system with her mother after like, 2 days of this, then YOU CAN DO!!  Punch her in the face and give her a recognize bruise if you have to.  DO SOMETHING.

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

To the people who are confused why the Manpashikjeok faded, it's because there can only exist 1 Manpashikjeok. Before the yoyo child says there's only 1 of itself. At that moment in time, it's year 1994, the Manpashikjeok exists already locked up. Past LR cannot obtain the half of the Manpashikjeok that comes from the future when he has not obtain it yet, thus when he held the coup later on, that's when he obtain the half he will currently hold.

Thanks! I think Im good with this explanation.

However, while stuck in time, how has LG been able to travel through the gate if he no longer has the flute :blink:

#ammaloser

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

2020 LR is killed by 1994 LR. And now, what function of so many switched people ? And so many stories of Police Station and KSJ's stories from ep1 to ep10, why ? Any affection if these scenes cut off 1/2 and give us more stories like the last 4 episodes ? 

Still Hoping They make some worthwhile USE OF JY and SJ except being Broody and good with Shooting. LG and JTE are working on their own, why are they required??? I mean they are their most trusted Brothers right?RIGHT???

As for the CRISP Storylines, Writer and team , its reveals itself like a Book, But I agree the Detective and extra storylines instead of slow-mo could have been condensed in max 4 episodes instead of 9 episodes. Editor Director Writer , moreover i BELIEVE till episode 9 half it was pre-produced nothing could have been changed if already ready for broadcast.

• Like 7

Daebak!!! It's a fantastic revelation of this eoisode! See sbs shouldn't separate this episode from last week! But they made that freaking long week worthy. It's so thrilling! Plus we have another twists. But it was all so good that they finally tells us the timelines of all this almost completely. KES, yaaa.... you're really something! Incredible!

I'm still watching. We'll be right back with more comments.

@vangsweetie637 On every post ya....:wub: So glad claiming the victory winner here. :lol:

Im gladly changing my dp now. But I'll do it once I've done watching. I paused the episode just to write this. Hahahaha

I AM THE WINNER!!!!! YAYAY! MANSE!!!

PS. @koreaboooo @SweetButters @LeftCoastOppa
See, you guys are doubting oppa! He proves he's a good shooter!! Hahaha... have fun with your horseshoe!!!:tounge_xd: ^___^V  I suggest it's better than putting LR monster in your profile. He didn't deserve the honor. Really. I told you not him.

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

I feelsorry for LG. His love story with JTE.. urggggghhh ...

Clap! Clap! to LMH who brought all emotions to the level that I can feel the painful. I cried bucket to see him with 5year old JTE. 

Life indeed a journey and challenges, but KES made it too painful to bear. 

I am still waiting for KES explaination on Luna. I want to know her purpose in this drama.. same with KSJ.

** I hate JY for ep13 and 14.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Wanderer062287 said:

3. If the manpasomething already faded in lg's hands (when he went back to the past), how has he been able to travel back and forth?

10 hours ago, madmad min said:

4. If Manpasikjeok vanished in 94 ROK, How was LG able to travel back to KOC in 2019 to rowing event?

THIS is my problem with episode 14. Could have been perfect! But why did they show the flute vanishing?! He needs the flute to open the gate! Smh.

*edit* if you’re traveling back in time and still stuck on this page, you should know I rewatched episode 14 and realized the flute did not completely vanish which solves my problem with episode 14. :D 

9 hours ago, gwin said:

Just finished watching...don't hate me everyone but....it all fell apart in the last 20 minutes.   The first part when they showed us the 1994 events was already perfect, but then when they started with the "stuck in time" storyline.... I was disappointed.  So many loopholes.

I am still trying to process my thoughts so maybe I will rewatch first.  Sigh.

But, but, but it follows the rules. Half the flute only creates one axis. You need the whole flute to create 2 axis so he can only travel linearly with half. That is, if he has half the flute. I have my own problem with that but it’s a different issue. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

mma need Yeong to step up here.  COME ON BOY.  I absolutely support and understand his hesitation with JTE/Luna.  He doesn't know her well enough to tell the difference - hell, even her dad can barely do it.  Only LG can tell which one is his JTE just by looking at her mico-expressions.  But dude...if PM can figure out the safe word system with her mother after like, 2 days of this, then YOU CAN DO!!  Punch her in the face and give her a recognize bruise if you have to.  DO SOMETHING.

Wdohwan says on his official IG>>> Trust Me!! with a ES pic though still.

Should I trust Him, is he faking it out like the PROD. TEAM DID WITH SHOES. Who am I going to trust in this world.

giphy.gif

Also thanks to @Ameera Ali JTE is wearing the Dress which she is seen in SPOILERS of year 1940-1950? LG had the peach/beige suitpiece. Umm OKHY.......

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Thanks! I think Im good with this explanation.

However, while stuck in time, how has LG been able to travel through the gate if he no longer has the flute :blink:

#ammaloser

LG still has the flute because he obtained it from the 'past' child LG. It's the case where as long as it's the current person who had obtained it in the past is holding it, it'll remain. If child LG had tried to take 'future' LG's half of the flute, it wouldn't work. 

1 minute ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Daebak!!! It's a fantastic revelation of this eoisode! See sbs shouldn't separate this episode from last week! But they made that freaking long week worthy. It's so thrilling! Plus we have another twists. But it was all so good that they finally tells us the timelines of all this almost completely. KES, yaaa.... you're really something! Incredible!

I'm still watching. We'll be right back with more comments.

@vangsweetie637 On every post ya....:wub: So glad claiming the victory winner here. :lol:

Im gladly changing my dp now. But I'll do it once I've done watching. I paused the episode just to write this. Hahahaha

I AM THE WINNER!!!!! YAYAY! MANSE!!!

PS. @koreaboooo @SweetButters @LeftCoastOppa
See, you guys are doubting oppa! He proves he's a good shooter!! Hahaha... have fun with your horsehoe!!!:tounge_xd: ^___^V  I suggest it's better than putting LR monster in your profile. He didn't deserve the honor. Really. I told you not him.

I chose putting Luna. :P

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

My brain literally can't come up with an explanation.

2020 LL - dead, flute vanished.  He's good.

2020 LG - alive, flute vanished.  Still going back and forth.

1994 LL is fine, he's living his best life right now.  He's got his half of the flute, he's doing his things exactly like he did before, because he's his own worst enemy.  The LL that we will see again in 2020 is going to be the same guy who was killed, because he hasn't learned a single damn thing.  If anything, it just makes him more brutal. 

HOW IS LEE GON CROSSING?  He obviously hasn't aged much.  But he's still able to cross back and forth, he's GOT to be living in the 0/1 land.  But HOW???  And why did LL's half of the flute vanish in like, 3 minutes, but LG's flute didn't until later?  At first I thought it was because LL died, but LG is still alive and the flute still vanished.  It looks like it took days to do so.  There is no way that LG was stuck in there for 25 years, unless if the flute somehow internalizes within them and that's how they don't age.  But that doesn't explain how he got to KOC. 

This also destroys the umbrella theory - that LL looped over and over and all those umbrellas involve the flute somehow. 

So the kid is the manifestation of the flute.  And the next victim is going to be ROK LG's mother.  The kid appeared to her the way he did before JTE's battle with LL's men, and then LG told past Yeong to find her.  She's going to be a big part somehow in 15.  I also wonder if the kid is what will open the door in the future for JTE and LG.  Instead of needing a flute, he'll just do it for them?

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

3 minutes ago, heatherf said:

During time travel, Why LG didn’t show up in front of his adult self and drop clues?

I think his way of 'dropping clues' for himself was when he set up the bunny jacket and palace pass to be picked up by Luna? Cos because of that he discovered the portal

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3