[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 minute ago, madmad min said:

EPISODE 1 SCENE REPEATS, LG UNDER TIME TRAVEL!!! in 2 minutes. THERE IS ONLY 1 LG as of now. HE KNOWS HOW TO SHOOT!!! 

whoa!!! Which LG are we seeing?? The one in the hospital??? Or did he get out already??

1 minute ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Oooh no..am I a loser?

There's only LG that night.

lol..i feel like i lost too haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

My brain is about to explode. LOL

I am trying to catch up to the recaps and I feel I am in that other world going HUH? LOL.

I better wait for subs.

BUT I can't tear myself away from the live recaps!

Thank you recappers!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

ooo..already??? 

omo..did i lose too? Lol

Yesssssssss.

Lol

Omg... no wonder prince uncle's eldest son is annoying!!!!

Commercial break!

Edit:

So LG left hospital to travel back to past?

So the saviour is

Spoiler

LG himself?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, syntyche said:
Spoiler

Rough Theory on Timelines

Timeline 0

- LG 0 survives the night of treason without a savior. Breaking of glass ceiling which triggered the alarm saved him.

- He happens to cross the parallel world of ROK and meets JTE 0. They fall in love.

- Something tragic happens to JTE 0, which triggers LG 0 to go back to 1994 to redo things and save young LG (LG1).

Timeline 1A

- LG1 survives the night of treason because of savior LG 0. He grabs the ID of JTE 0 hanging from the jacket of LG 0.

- LG1 crosses the parallel world ROK in search of JTE, whose name and face is on the ID. He finds JTE1 and hugs her. They fall in love.

- Meanwhile, LG 0 from timeline 0 visits JTE1 and gives her forget-me-nots. Then he closes the door to the parallel world.

- Something tragic happens to JTE1, which triggers LG1 to go back to 1994 to redo things and save young LG (LG2).

Timeline 2B

- LG2 survives the night of treason because of savior LG1. But LG2 DOES NOT grab the ID of JTE 1 from savior.

- Savior LG1 then goes to young JTE2 instead. He gives her his photo with JTE1 taken at the church where his parents were married. JTE2 takes note and looks forward to her meeting with adult LG2.

- LG2, who does not know JTE2, happens to cross the parallel world of ROK. JTE2 recognizes him and hugs him. They fall in love.

- Something tragic happens to JTE2, which triggers LG2 to go back to 1994 to redo things and save young LG (LG3).

Timeline 3A’

- This is similar to Timeline 1A, but yoyo/deity kid finally intervenes.

- When LG3 goes back to 1994 to save young LG, the tragedy to JTE3 has not happened yet. What triggers him to go back to the past is to stop Lee Rim 4 from taking the flute (he mentions this in episode 13).

Hide contents

- LR3 travels back to 1994 as well, and warns LR4. Because of this, LG3 is unsuccessful, and LR4 takes half of the flute.

- However, with the intervention of yoyo kid, LG3 now has a window to prevent the tragedy from happening to JTE3, just as he gets back to the present time from 1994. Thus we see him running on the street to meet JTE3.  

- But LG3 still only has half of the flute. So he faces-off with LR3 and he wins.

- He closes the door to the parallel world. JTE3 stays with him at KOC; she walks by the bookstore in 2022 and is caught on cctv. Yoyo kid sends this footage to LG4 to give him hope.

- End of loop

Timeline 4B’

- This is similar to Timeline 2B, but yoyo/deity kid intervenes.

- JTE4 is the one who hugs LG4 on their first meeting.

- When LG4 goes back to 1994 to save young LG, the tragedy to JTE4 has not happened yet. What triggers him to go back to the past is to stop LR5 from taking the flute.

- LR4 travels back to 1994 as well, and warns LR5. Because of this, LG4 is unsuccessful, and LR5 takes half of the flute.

- However, with the intervention of yoyo kid, LG4 now has a window to prevent the tragedy from happening to JTE4, just as he gets back to the present time from 1994. Thus we see him running on the street to meet JTE4.

- But LG4 still only has half of the flute. So he faces-off with LR4 and he wins.

- He closes the door to the parallel world. JTE4 stays with him at KOC; she walks by the bookstore in 2022 and is caught on cctv. Yoyo kid sends this footage to LG5 to give him hope.

- End of loop

Timeline nA’

- Same as Timeline 3A’

- LG(n) takes JTE(n-1)’s ID from savior LG(n-1).

- LG(n) searches for and hugs JTE(n) at their first meeting in ROK

Timeline nB’

- Same as Timeline 4A’

- LG(n) DOES NOT take JTE(n-1)’s ID from savior LG(n-1). Savior LG(n-1) goes instead to JTE(n) and gives her the church photo.  

- LG(n) happens to cross ROK. JTE(n) recognizes him and hugs him.

What all these basically say is that LG(n) is in a loop, in the sense that LG(n) comes back to 1994 to save LG(n+1).

(a) Which path between Timeline nA’ or Timeline nB’ LG(n) takes depends on whether he takes JTE’s ID or not.

(b) LG(n) successfully preventing JTE(n)’s tragedy depends on whether he gets back right on time to the present from 1994. If successful, then they can have a happy ending. Otherwise, he goes back to 2020 and gives JTE(n+1) forget-me-nots.

(c) LG(n) successfully beating LR(n) on their face-off ends his loop and he can have a happy ending with JTE(n).  

Ya... our brain can go spin round and round but I understand your theories.:heart: It was like Dr. Strange in the final Avengers, he travelled back and forth to the past and future hundreds times to find the correct moment/possibility to kill Thanos, and asked Tony stark (iron man) to standby for his cue. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jillia
Quote too long
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Back to the coup scene where LR lose the other half mapasijeok. 

LG come forward after LR escape. first he look at his father and close his eyes with his hand. he stare at him, then he look at his young version and check his pulse. his young grabbed the id card as LG leave after the Royal guard about to come into the building. He passed the painting room and he bumped with Noh sanggung.

Noh sanggung ask him, LG show his face tell her that he is coming from a very far away place. he is asking her something.

LG leave her, so she know everything!!!!

LG run in the palace chasing LR. But Royal guard catch him. LG able to escape from them. he find the blood trace. someone helping LR, OOHH ITS prince Buyong son!!!!!!!!

so thats why he is banned from the palace by his dad. he's been helping LR. LG shot his knee and leave.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

JY talking with JTE on phone. JY you are useless WHY???

JTE crying.

So LG is stuck in 94 KOC

LR is brutally killed by LR

JY is fishy

Somehow FATE KID needs Ji-Hun's mom , so she becomes his confidant???

WHAT IS HAPPENING !! DEAR GOD

COMMERCIAL TIME

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Epic scene!!!

So are they in the same in between????

Do they both hear the sound from the flute???

Omg.. 

Why am I having goosebumps???

Omg 

Did the seed sprout????

Goosebumps!!

Yoyo kid saying something to LJH mum.

LR 1 meet LR2.

Omg omg

9e3qX2v.gif

Spoiler

pJID1mP.gif

aP4ebc6.gif

Spoiler

VOLIxDS.gif

XRkx6Xt.gif

"LG come forward after LR escape. first he look at his father and close his eyes with his hand. he stare at him, then he look at his young version and check his pulse. his young grabbed the id card as LG leave after the Royal guard about to come into the building. He passed the painting room and he bumped with Noh sanggung.

Noh sanggung ask him, LG show his face tell her that he is coming from a very far away place. he is asking her something.

LG leave her, so she know everything!!!! "

Spoiler

tuItfSq.gif

1o2gvwH.gif

Spoiler

BBLo5CK.gif

l9AoKzW.gif

E0Icww8.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3