[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 minutes ago, seol said:
25 minutes ago, magiclily said:

what.. so LG will meet the highschooler JTE? :blink:

looks like it :blink: TE’s hair here looks like the same hair when she was wearing the taekwondo outfit impressing other highschooler men :D but why are they meeting here??

But TE has worn that jacket as a cop, right? When she & SJ visited the care center

• Like 7

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

@vangsweetie637 all these LG/SJ theorists hiding while I howled like a banshee 

Where’s my booze 

tenor.gif

In my defence, I was torn between JY or SJ.

:joy:

JY broke my heart for being a wet blanket.

So I went on a limp and voted for the combination of SJ and LG.

tenor.gif?itemid=17072575

:sweat_smile:

@vangsweetie637 I think got to ask the expert.

Paging @bebebisous33 Do you know how can we sticky a post?

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

Let's see if LG and JTE gets this right the nth go around :sweat_smile:

VRPvr5r.png

22 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters Hahaha!! Remember that in the TKEM world where LMHoes reside, there is no such thing as:

;) :P:lol:

@vangsweetie637 HAHAHAHH oh goodness, maybe ill surprise us all for the last episode then hahahahahah

--------------------------------------

20 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Can we have @SweetButters's abs drawing as the poll winners' symbol? 

Commemorating two events, in 1 shot. :P

@mychoiyoung HAHAHAHHA.....2 and 1......all I can think about is um a rather traumatizing video a friend once showed me and caught my reaction on video which went something like this :sweat::

1mVkyFG.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

53 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

Even the artwork is Smoking HOT:warning::yum:

You can clearly see euphoria on Tae Eul's face...

Yep. They managed to capture the euphoria and sensation. Great painting

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I see alot of ppl voting for LG and SY. Can someone shed some light on how SY comes into play?  It seems like he's got a very minor role to play so far and i can't seem to grasp how he would suddenly upgrade to the main sidekick. 

• Like 3

Omg! The explanation of the new stills: “unexpected meeting of TE and LG.” 

whhhhhaaatttt???? So we are right. We will see many time jumps.. but why do we need so many time jumps. What is going on? Is this really the memory loss route?? 

Will PM be killed at least in the next episode then? Lol!

@SweetButters did you say a surprise??? Give us! We love surprises! Shall we be waiting then?? :D:lol:

@mrsj3n oh yes! We have to ask someone how to do it. I see you already asked @bebebisous33 so let’s wait for her reply  :D

i should just go to sleep so that I can wake up for the live party tomorrow! Thinking of these new stills makes me like this now:

717588.gif

:joy:

goodnight everyone!

See you at the party tomorrow!

Remember to cast your vote too if you have not yet! It ends tomorrow morning!! ;)

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

36.gif?w=560TKEM DAYyoyo175.gif?w=150&h=150

cBVooJ.gif

natzqc.gif

still cuts

naver article: leegon & taeeul’s unexpected encounter leegon looks at taeeul with a vague gaze. she can't look at him & seems to be embarrassed. this scene when she tied her hair is giving a clue whether they can complete a true love through the space time

Spoiler

wfx4zzk69dga.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200605

"The King-Eternal Monarch" Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun released stills of whirlwind of emotions, giving excitement and thrill.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a fantasy romance set in two parallel worlds: the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea. Through the love story beyond the dimension of the Korean Empire's emperor Lee Gon and the Korean detective Jung Tae-eul, a deep impression is left on the true meaning of life, love, and people.

In the 13th episode, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) speculated to Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) that the axis of space and time exist at the same time, and revealed his plan to go directly to the night of treason 25 years ago to prevent Lee Rim from having half the Manpasikjeok. She said, "Don't get scared in advance," and gave Lee Gon a boost by giving him black clothes. However, before going to the Korean Empire, Lee Gon was attacked by Luna (Kim Go-eun). And when he saw himself wearing black clothes while holding Tae-eul's new ID card, he realized that the one who saved himself on the night of treason was his future self.

In a related development, the 14th episode, which will be broadcast today, is expected to showcase a whirlwind of emotions, which gives off a complicated atmosphere to the unexpected meeting between Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun. In the drama, Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul suggest a hidden twist after she ties up her hair. Wearing an all-black outfit given by her, he threw a dim look at her, and she hesitated as if embarrassed, and soon failed to catch his eye. Attention is focusing on why Jung Tae-eul, who ties her hair at every important moment, will tie her hair again, and whether the two will be able to balance and complete a true love that crosses time and space.

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's stills of whirlwind of emotions was filmed in Gimpo, Gyeonggi Province in mid-May. As soon as Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun entered the set, they greeted each other cheerfully. While rehearsing the lines, Lee Min-ho showed a serious look at Kim Go-eun's playful ad-lib, and the scene was filled with laughter. However, as they started filming, the two acted the various emotions of sadness and embarrassment, thereby making the viewers immerse themselves.

"Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are grateful actors who try to express the colors of fateful love stories across parallel worlds," said the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures. "Please pay attention to whether the Lee Eul Couple, which has two tasks: balance of the parallel world and fateful love, will be able to keep its mournful love for the next three episodes."

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006051444026350360_1

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

I see alot of ppl voting for LG and SY. Can someone shed some light on how SY comes into play?  It seems like he's got a very minor role to play so far and i can't seem to grasp how he would suddenly upgrade to the main sidekick. 

I was also wondering this. 

How did people come to the conclusion that SJ will be present and there is no link whatsoever yet? Can someone explain this to me

• Like 2

"...mournful love..."  I DO NOT LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!  Altho I have said time again that somebody has to die (aside from LR, PM) to make the ending impactful. I still do not like it.

Anyone remember which episode TE said she has made a decision?

28 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

I was also wondering this. 

How did people come to the conclusion that SJ will be present and there is no link whatsoever yet?

@HeiloBy the amount of time the show spent on him, the popular theory is that he will have a significant role in solving the problem of the story.

Also, the article where the producers said SJ is the "secret weapon" - whatever that means...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

If the answer comes in the final episode, the punishment goes into effect right after for a week (most of us should still be on the thread to discuss and celebrate or protest, right? :lol:)

Lol. Definitely yes. We'll come back for it.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200605

Wow. LG in this outfit looks so cool. I can't wait to watch for tonight!

@mychoiyoung if I'm not mistaken it's in ep 8, 9 or 10. The one that she said it in voice over right? Before she told "Saranghaeyo" to LG. 

• Like 6

BTS of Episode 13 is out:

2 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

"...mournful love..."  I DO NOT LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!  Altho I have said time again that somebody has to die (aside from LR, PM) to make the ending impactful. I still do not like it.

Anyone remember which episode TE said she has made a decision?

It was Episode 8.  I just rewatched it last night :)

• Like 6

8 hours ago, briseis said:

HOWEVER, THAT ALL CHANGED AFTER LEE GON ORDERED THE EXECUTION OF THE TRAITOR AND THE DEATH OF EVERYONE IN THE BOOKSHOP AND AFTER HE KILLED 5+ MEN WITH HIS OWN SWORD TO PROTECT TAE EUL.

But knowing how to use the sword skillfully us not same as knowing how to use the gun?

Also, i cant remember your take on time travel but if LR associated LG with the saviour then does that mean he in each loop does that or like people have said that in HP there is no loop so this is evidence that the king has no loop?

But your argument makes sense.

One question for anyone who would like to theorise-- in the earlier trailer of the King when they showed SJ's face closeup with loads of blood spots on it. Have we seen this scene? If not then is it to be shown in the next few episodes?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I’m right there with you! So far, I know it’s me, you, @1ouise and @imels. The other 18 people who voted for LG1 and LG2 are keeping quiet. Probably too afraid to admit how crazy they are to choose the most complicated duo lol. :lol:

That makes four of us. :lol:

And @Heretorant, thank you always for your kind words. :)

On 6/4/2020 at 5:11 AM, Heretorant said:

Actually, there’s a new category where you belong: 

New content bringer - first to update on all stills, news reports, ranking, bts, teasers etc etc. 

You, @syntyche and @Chellsee

• Like 3