• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Yes! 

If I had to name my favorite lmh cry scene, it’s this one. He delivered flawlessly, from the sudden shock to holding back his tears to weeping to faking a smile. Tugs at my heart! 

So this is what fans were referring to when they reported earlier that there will be extra scenes. Ok, sign me up! I’d love it if episode 20 can be longer too! 1 hour and 40 minutes would be perfect! Even though I highly doubt it. Curse sbs. It’s always their fault.

Just make it to a 3 hour long movie LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1
17 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Perhaps it could be the real wedding not LeeEul wedding but rather MinEun:w00t: Perhaps the later is being teased here

hmm yeah.. maybe KGE said yes to go on a date and he posted the wedding spoiler in excitement *delulu clown mode ON*

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1
18 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Perhaps it could be the real wedding not LeeEul wedding but rather MinEun:w00t: Perhaps the later is being teased here

If it were the later then it would be a 180° turn and twist of events and more unpredictable added on the table.

mindblowing on epic proportions

200.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
7 hours ago, gwin said:

Since we are discussing our favorite scenes between the main couple, here are mine:

• The church scene - This is my absolute favorite.  It really shows how far along their relationship had moved forward, and the discussion about their respective mothers was really heartwarming and touching.  And then the end of that scene with LG crying?  It was absolutely perfect.   The only thing that would have made it better is if they had gotten secretly married, but alas, that did not happen.
  • End of Episode 4, when LG takes JTE to KOC - This might be the scene I have replayed the most times over and over.  It was perfectly executed, and on a shallow note, it feeds into every girl's fantasy of being swept away by a prince on a white horse.  LOL
  • That scene where LG picked up JTE from Seoul when she had no money to go back to Busan -   Their interaction here was just so precious:  his teasing her about doing a search on the PM, his laugh when she said she studied liberal arts, that slight hand on her lower back that made the PM jealous, him asking her why she went to Seoul and her answer about her mother.  Such an underrated scene IMO.

YES! YES! YES!  I love their small quiet moments.  Of course I adore all their romantic scenes & their epic over-arching moments but their small quiet moments is what makes them a couple :)  And that's what I love about TKEM as a romance drama  It does not hit you in the head with the usual trope in romance.

As a fantasy -- well we are up to our knees with theories & what have yous, so I think it is working in most parts. LOL.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Heretorant said:
6 hours ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Oh oh OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I wonder how long ep16 will be???

I really hope though that this isn't a sign that KES is scrambling to wrap the series up in 3 episodes

So this is what fans were referring to when they reported earlier that there will be extra scenes. Ok, sign me up! I’d love it if episode 20 can be longer too! 1 hour and 40 minutes would be perfect! Even though I highly doubt it. Curse sbs. It’s always their fault.

Applying the principle of lengthened frozen times?

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
6 hours ago, madmad min said:

Nope I think you misunderstood.

Scars are only visible on respective dopplegangers WHO are Killed, eg Like LG, LR's henchmen bookstore one , did not kill His OWN doppleganger but was murded by Royal Guard yet the BOokstore owner got the scar.

The Doppleganger is Murdered by his counterpart or in any manner which is not natural leads to the SCAR formation. 

Thanks. This was informative. 

But the other question is that it dosen't have to be the doppleganger who killed his own counterpart in order for the scars to appear. He could have died a natural death but if he crosses and his otherside is not in that world he will experience scars? 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Re: crunchy milk tea-I saw this on my facebook feed!  I think it popped up because I'm following The King on Fb.

Did someone post this; a fan video from ep 11 or 12

cr: 

Maknaegi 막내기

Is The Alley and crunchy milk tea available in the US?

10 hours ago, JMarei said:

======

1st place on Wavve's popularity ranking in the first week of June for dramas

1st place on IMDB's most popularity TV series South Korea1f389.svg

https://twitter.com/minozlmho/status/1267620867233718273

DC

I went to  IMDB and tried so many ways to pull up  top IMDB TV series  S. Korea and could not do it.  Wonder how she found it. However King in IMDB is now 8.7. It started at 8.5. Yay!  

However, I found it finally but doing a search on Google using the exact words above. Strange, it doesn't come up searching on IMDB itself.

@Heretorant @AgentQuake @syntyche @bebebisous33

Just putting it out there to everyone who had theories about King.

I just had a thought last night, you know how many have said that KES drops clues in all her scenes.   When LG chased after the rabbit at the end of the rowing race, he stopped short at the glass windows or mirrors. Perhaps he went through the looking glass??   When JY brought him his shoes, he said those are not mine. So did JY really make a mistake or LG has changed places with his future self somehow.  Just wondering if KES is playing with us.

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1

You know, that church scene with LG crying.

As Lady Noh reads the poem in a sad, trembling voice.

Shkaw3.gif

HZHSub.gif

YUP. I felt his pain and then the Gummy's glorious, soaring  voice melds into the scene.

MORE PAIN!

PS. Was he in sadness and crying for that whole hour!?

c1xqXu.png

*AGONISING PAIN*

• Like 4
  • Sad 10
2 hours ago, Time loop said:

Thanks. This was informative. 

But the other question is that it dosen't have to be the doppleganger who killed his own counterpart in order for the scars to appear. He could have died a natural death but if he crosses and his otherside is not in that world he will experience scars? 

Could be Possible, But As of now till EPISODE 13 We do NOT know the Existence of Lady NOH or SJ's Doppelganger.

SJ and LADY Noh as the theory goes uptil now, Thunder Scars do not appear. >>>Consistent with Theory that Crossing+Unnatural Death = SCARS.(We are assuming they crossed but doppelgangers had natural death)

NO CROSSING+NATURAL DEATH=NO SCARS >>.As of Episode 14 if either of the Doppelgangers ARE ALIVE , .This will be point to Only Crossing as the main factor because Ji-Hun's mom does not get scars as of now, LG's mom died a natural death, and THEY did NOT Cross Over.

NO CROSSING+UN-NATURAL DEATH=NO SCARS>>>We had the Lady in the mask's roomate and the Lady Noh's palace team lady who never Crossed over but Roomate was Killed by LR's henchman (making it as a suicide), the KOC Palace team lady did not GET the scars, but doppleganger died an unnatural death.

CROSSING+NATURAL DEATH=SCAR NO SCAR DEPENDS ON>>

IF LADY Noh's Doppleganger is ALIVE>>She will not get the scars

IF LADY Noh's Doppleganger DIEd of NATURAL Cause , BUT LADY NOH CROSSED OVER>> She gets the scar or not is to be seen.

SJ 's Doppleganger in ROK is still DEAD via coma.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I think the best explanation for this drama is kind of similarity to HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISIONERS OF AZKABAN 

the way main roles change their destiny is kinda same too.. 

Edited by Sintia89
  • Like 7

Well, if there is a real happy ending, then everyone will be rejoiced! All over the world :heart:

Its only logical that you want a drama loved by everyone and not pull a Goblin ending.. You need a City Hall ending, get it writer??? :D... with kids, heirs and teaching a rough detective becoming a queen...:D

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

Just finished rewatching episode 4 and I cannot believe I missed the picture of Prince Buyeong's eldest son in LL's set of photos. Was I even watching amp. It made me understand his latter scenes more (tbh this would really fly above many people's heads, hence the confusion).

Also when Lady Noh found Kim So Wol's poem book from LG's coat and she looked at it with that look in her eyes, it hit differently now. Wow.

• Like 6

Before MinEun(love them) , I need my happy ending for LeeEul couple.. I'm so invested in them that I would feel devastated if there's a sad ending :(

• Like 6
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주