Quantcast

welcome to the re-watch  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you watched TKEM?

• This is my first time after TKEM ended in June
    • I watched it once or twice after TKEM ended
    • Too many times to count!
    • I just re-watched clips and MVs - too lazy to watch the series again
    • This is my first (gasp!) time watching TKEM-welcome!
  2. 2. Be honest--who did you think was the masked man who saved little Lee Gon?

• no question-adult LG
    • JTE
    • Jo Young
    • Noh Ok Nam
    • Lee Ji hun
    • Luna
    • Jo Eun seob
    • Kang Shin Jae
    • Gu Seo Ryung
    • Other (explain in post)
  3. 3. Are you excited to meet Maximus again? (the horse)

• Yes! how often do we get a kdrama with a beautiful horse?!
    • Ummm, not really - I mean it is a horse, not Lee Min Ho! :P
    • Wait, there is a horse that is a character in this drama -- was this drama inspired by (cartoon) Tangled?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/18/2021 at 10:38 AM

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

It's the same venue in Episode 5 in that scene with LG and the PM, where he handed her an award/certificate of some sort.

Except of course the chairs then were not dressed like wedding chairs.

(Also, I hate that I know this without even having to go back and rewatch....I've seen each episode so many times at this point!  LOL)

EDIT:  The color of the draping on the chairs matches the 

Spoiler

wedding gifts spoiler posted by that Instagram account a long while ago.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 4

Since the filming concluded and fans can no longer get spoiler pics.. LMH takes the matter in his own hands and releases a possible wedding spoiler *applause* 

• Like 5
  • LOL 14

I just read https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/06/01/the-king-on-lee-gon-the-first/

The writer parkmule has open up a theory that lee gon was saved by heavens. The crack of the glass roof was the one that saved him in the first place....it was broken not by any a gunshot but by a high decibels created by something ...and it's most likely by the flute. 

As for me...the first timeline was lg saved by the flute...the second was by flute and himself to get the half flute  ...and the third one is for him to get the whole flute . 

Dont ask me details....as i myself is clueless.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 2
13 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

This is so me.

I thought it was just shoes!!!! Lol

But after joining the forum.. I have to take everything into account hence sometimes when spoilers pic are shared... I learn to ask what i should be looking at.. to prevent misunderstanding like the horse. LOL

But seriously.... never have I feel that I need a new set of eyes or a magnifying glass for pictures to get clues...

LOL

My god... I'm trying my best to catch up..  but the page increases again..

Lol, I'm already lost on track by now. Every time I come back, the thread has jumped into tens of pages. 

So I will just read the recent pages or if someone tag me in then I continue reading from there. LOL

Luckily, I am in this pm talk along with the three other fellows from this thread so I still can catch up to the recent updates of the discussion in the main thread. They are so fun and even this pm also moves in the speed of light, pages added pretty fast at certain times. :lol:

I've just done with my work this whole day. Several works got pilled up after long holiday and we start picking it up like crazy. Now I just have the time to breathe and would continue read some pages after this, to see what is being discussed now or is there something new, like new stills or whatever. I want Friday to come faster but I don't like this to end sooner. I really wish they could write "See you in Season 2" at the end of ep 16 later. Well... :phew:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
17 minutes ago, Jaja said:

Since the filming concluded and fans can no longer get spoiler pics.. LMH takes the matter in his own hands and releases a possible wedding spoiler *applause* 

Wedding spoilers are much needed but can it go thru or is it just fanfic spoilers either way i am all for it

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, deabakdrama said:

I like this scene as well which i can feel the bonding in between LG and TE's eyes. She was surprised for what was happening and the moment he told her his name.

It was a cute moment and dramatic at the same time. It was great moment for the romantic build up

• Like 8
7 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

@vangsweetie637 @Heretorant For me will be the scene at the church whereby time froze and LG stood there crying when JTE was frozen in time.. smiling...

And then he has to regain his composure and act like nothing happen and pose for the picture.

Oh man.. I can't.. 

This one... had me like onions rubbed onto my eyes

I LOVE that scene.  He was so happy spending quality time with TE. Recovering some areas they have skipped in courtship, then he thought of preserving that moment at his favourite place with a picture... then time froze. And this time longer than ever. 

What a way to really be hurtled back to reality and face the huge problems they face in order to save their respective worlds & give their love a fighting chance.

Fast-forward to the "impatient" talk when TE tells LG  "... but you will be all alone..." 

That line really hurt me cos TE may have an inkling of what that would be like but LG literally has lived the pain of being alone during those frozen moments.    

Acting-wise I have to say, LMH's cry in that scene is something I have not seen from him before - and I have seen all of his films & dramas.  Sure he was still gorgeous, but the man was weeping such that you literally hear him swallowing the pain. It looked real, not staged. Which is ironic cos of course he was acting. But he was not emoting. He was emotion, if this makes sense at all.

• Like 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

And you left us with question to ponder!!!!

Not fair!!!

:joy:sorry....not sorry:P I am sure we all are tired thinking about savior theory and lightening theory ...so my brain was like, 'girl you forgot to post regarding that foldable knife just go on soompi , post that and come back'. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Umjicheok said:

JTE-Luna connection

I just wanted to add one more pt:

7. The mini foldable knife that yoyo kid gave to JTE to protect herself actually belongs to Luna , it was in her bunny jacket's pocket and when yoyo kid tries to give her back she says to keep it and says 'use it to protect what belongs to you'. Coincidence?

Nah knowing KES it was intentionally written and shown.

Ok bye , I am trying hard not to come online to avoid spoilers:lol:

Good point. The Yoyo kid could somehow intervene in critical moments in advantage of JTE. This could also be the reason why she has attained memory

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주