Jump to content

Impressions  

8 members have voted

  1. 1. what really stood you to in the re-watch of the first 2 episodes?

    • the set-up of the back story
    • the sets
      0
    • the cinematography
    • the music
      0
    • the PPL! hahahah
      0
  2. 2. Q2. which side character were you most delighted/interested to see again? (pick 2)

    • Jo Yeon
      0
    • grandmother
    • Kang Shin Jae
      0
    • Jo Eun Seob
    • Koo Seo ryung
      0
    • Lee Lim
    • Na-ri
    • Maximus (the horse)!!!! :D

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/24/2021 at 04:30 PM

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The perfect scene...:D

 

If JY can see how ES been acting at the hospital in front of the nurses...he's gonna die of embarrassment. His persona of a cool guy just drop to the drain...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Time loop said:

 

I thought I heard something about only killers getting the scars which means LG has definitely killed before but it's not surprising due to his position I guess he had to bury couple of bodies and problems that were perhaps a chellenge to his throne. 

 

He had to perhaps fight hard to keep his legacy and his families legacy and bury few traitors hence why he gets the scars and as for the PM hahaha dose it even surprise anyone that she has killed before ofcourse. 

 

Than you got LR and his minions all getting the scars because they all murdered someone especially their counter-parts

Nope I think you misunderstood.

 

Scars are only visible on respective dopplegangers WHO are Killed, eg Like LG, LR's henchmen bookstore one , did not kill His OWN doppleganger but was murded by Royal Guard yet the BOokstore owner got the scar.

 

The Doppleganger is Murdered by his counterpart or in any manner which is not natural leads to the SCAR formation. 

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Dramafreak Sorry to cut your post short! But yea I completely agree with you about the whole TKEM team trying to keep complicated concepts simplistic and it failing lol. Oh gosh I think it might be me that said the whole team do not work together at all haha. I was like what these people need is like a quantum phone to communicate across two universes. Sometimes I'm just like the actions of the main characters sometimes dont follow their overall characterization. Like LG knew Luna was in ROK, yet he just took a very long hot minute to realize that isnt wasn't JTE in his hotel room. Hahah I was sitting there thinking like why don't they have like secret codes when they meet someone to make sure its really them? Like LG could have said to JTE that their secret word could be "bbq chicken" or something that only the two of them knew hahaha. 

 

With JY, I think at the end of the day, he looks out only for what's in the best interest of the king even if that would mean the king would be sad for awhile. JY is just being a realist and loves the king like a brother lol. Like if my sister was entering a relationship where I could see it wouldn't turn out great due to some long distance problems, I would probably encourage my sister to break up because I didn't want her to waste her time and endure what could possibly be even more painful. 

 

JTE is unattainable because its like an unrequited love lol. You can't expect someone to feel the same way about you just because you are in love with them. As for Luna and JTE being the same person, maybe because they're special entities just like how there's only one yoyo kid. With the whole fate thing, I think both LG and JTE are fated to find each other and love each other. They're like two little particles which are quantum-ly entangled meaning that they are entangled with each other regardless of great distance.

 

When i look back in first episode there were scene broken glass roof, one man in black hit the wall, another man in black were busy doing shot gun, and there was "i'm pretty sure" it was future lee gon walking smoothly straight to little lee gon. Perhaps LG will join force travel time with others maybe JY or SJ. What i'm really worried about is when LG took very long time doing time travel chase the edge of "space between 0 and 1" when he back to JT world , JT already grown old while LG still "Young" LG . Another theory perhaps JY will die after saving LG he will be the key for last episode. Also for luna perhaps she is JT twin or the one who supposed to lve in ROK or she is JT from future after also doing time travel and now i get confused my self after typing this :sweat_smile:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. On May 22, we were still on pg 391 and today already doubling on pg 656. Just how fast this thread move forward. So many thoughts and opinions from all of you guys. I love every minute I spent here. Long Live the King! I hope a very very happy ending.
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been discussed a lot about the universal door will open every 20 years and the yet it was opened in 1994. Based on the year Lady Noh came to ROC, the door was opened earlier than what we expected. I think the door is opened because the magic flute is activated or called when the LR and LG blood splash on the flute. As mentioned in episode 1, the magic flute could repel enemies which i believe it brings peace. Therefore, the blood activates the flute to open the universal gate and meanwhile, it also called for a peaceful. Otherwise, there is no way for us to relate why the door is opened in 1994 and its continue to open for LR  up 25 years. And yet, only LG and LR are not freeze when time stopped.      

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

If it's not JTE, then we won't have the drama...

 

Just saying. LOL

 

Guess this is what we call fate and destiny.

The red thread intertwined their fate together and drew them close and as one and it's their destiny.

 

If not JTE, would you prefer PM Koo? :joy:

I shudders just thinking of LG with PM Koo. Lol

 

 

 

Hence the question is, how did they met the first time.... its not about who, its when and how they met the first time n how their destiny become together.

 

If PM Koo character wasnt mean, she is pretty  classy, no? :D

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wenchanteur said:

 

If you didn't understand anything I just said, or if you didn't see anything I'm talking about, welcome to the happy world of TKEM.

:mrgreen:

 

I have actually rewatch TKEM almost every week and suddenly...

I'm this

tenor.gif

I'll read the post again when I catch up on my nap. Hahahaha

 

33 minutes ago, imels said:
  1. On May 22, we were still on pg 391 and today already doubling on pg 656. Just how fast this thread move forward. So many thoughts and opinions from all of you guys. I love every minute I spent here. Long Live the King! I hope a very very happy ending.

 

Wait till spoiler pics are posted. We will post with 5G speed. :joy:

 

Edit:

@realistic2280a  Hopefully you get your answers in the last 3 episodes. :grimace:

 

As for PM Koo........ everything about her now just irks me. LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=11952253

Can't be helped.

I felt betrayed. 

I need to vent somewhere. Lol

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrsj3n ahhh that scene! Yes! It was a very sad scene too. One of my faves. When he cries and looks at her smiling then wipes his tears and continues like nothing happened and the picture clicks!! :bawling: 

 

just like @Heretorant i have too many favorites!! talking about pictures, someone here commented that KES usually kills off one of her characters when pictures are taken (aye, who was it?) I fear that it is true (look at GB and Mr. S) and i am ready to do this:

200.gif
 

but on one hand, the character that annoys me the most is PM and if she gets killed off then I shall:
giphy.gif

PM just gotta go. Period.

:P:lol:

goodnight everyone! Off to sleep I go since it’s late over here. I wonder how many pages will I have to backtrack later haha.


edit:

@mrsj3n PM to us:
tumblr_m0g5y9Cmdz1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

LOL!!!

  • Like 1
  • LOL 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

Like LG knew Luna was in ROK, yet he just took a very long hot minute to realize that isnt wasn't JTE in his hotel room. Hahah I was sitting there thinking like why don't they have like secret codes when they meet someone to make sure its really them? Like LG could have said to JTE that their secret word could be "bbq chicken" or something that only the two of them knew hahaha. 

 

With JY, I think at the end of the day, he looks out only for what's in the best interest of the king even if that would mean the king would be sad for awhile.

Hey!

Just wanted add my two bits --

 

LG knew that Luna was in Korea but JTE did not inform him that Luna had fooled her dad and had lived at her place. As in how close she had been to people and things JTE loves.

 

JTE is taking Luna lightly or rather she thinks that Luna is only a threat to her or some such thing. She actually believes Luna when Luna says if I were to hurt someone I would have done it in your absence... like really!

 

So this is what I mean when I say they without information. LG tells JTE during the discussion that joining of the flute would mean he cant go to her as door will close. Why does JTE not mention that Lady Noh came to Corea evem when the flute was in one piece? JY, SJ, LG and JTE have never had one proper meeting with all info on the table. LG is like one man army who doesnt delegate??

 

As for JY and LG... i think someone here justly described how JY reminds them of cocubines in Cdramas. I think I go with that. Irrespective of JY and LG's sexual preferences, JY wants LG exclusively to himself. A complex often observed in best friends.

 

After all JY and LG have been brought up together. Army has many tales of how soldiers are encouraged to indulge in physical intimacy such that a sense of brotherhood is developed. (A bit extreme but still an example)

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

If PM Koo character wasnt mean, she is pretty  classy, no? :D

 

She is richard simmons to LG and team only ,  But Sense of style Classy Yes, Can Crash who digress her for being a WOMAN (HATS OFF). I have seen people like her in real life, and they come off as brash but what they don't understand is Men in their world are so MCP style than One has to ACT all Prissy with them to show their status. 

 

 

I am replying while watching WWWSK and wondering weather I like Jangmi with or without hair lol.

 

Quote

@AgentQuakeWhich brings me back to your original point - the jacket scene.  She’s super tough around her friends, and they may have just brushed off her complaining as lol haha.  But LG gave her his jacket without asking, after she just finished insulting him.  Nobody in her life actively goes out of their way to take care of her, and while she may be fine with that, this person is anticipating her needs, picking up on barely existent cues, and making sure that she’s taken care of. 

 

@syntyche "The King-Eternal Monarch" Kim Go-eun is gaining popularity as a daredevil heroine who defeated the Cinderella cliche.

 

 I have not seen Mr Sunshine, so cannot comment, But I feel KGE was the best written female character, I thoroughly despise Cha Eun-Sang(heirs) and Ji Eun Tak(Goblin) was a kid for her age, 19 is not that young. JTE knows how to fight. At this day and Age a Girl who can literally KA instead of being whiny doll is what one needs. Kudos. But saying that no one actually treats her like a Woman, LG on the other hand is scared of her KA attitude but respects her as a WOMAN as well, that won JTE off. :)

 

 

Quote

@vangsweetie637 

A lot of discussions and theories revisited :Di am still in the belief that there was two saviors. But I don’t think one is SJ. My hunch is still JY. Because in the preview, it was his VO I heard that asked if LG was there that night and saved himself (something along those lines). No one else really knows about a man in black saving bby LG except LG himself. So how was JY able to conclude the dots? One of two things: he was there or LG told him. If he was there, he won’t remember yet. He is the unbreakable sword. There must be a reason why he was given this name by LG.  If LG told him, he remembers because he wouldn’t forget. If SJ is the other savior, there has to be a reason why. Is it to stop his switch from ever happening?

I also had a sudden thought. If there was possibility of two LG present saving himself, could it have been the one we saw from episode 10 and the one we have now? Both are aiming to save bby LG as to also restore balance and reach TE. If LR can travel to the past and future, seeing himself like he did in the preview could be possible for LG. What if LG sees his future self too (the one from episode 10)? :blink:

 

I like the highlighted thoughts. Give JY his SHINING moment, ES took all the cake here though. And also SJ does not know IN and OUT of the Palace, JY on the other hand does!!!That should be one more clue. But lets see.

 

 

My FAV PPL>> Kimchi ES and LG, very subtle yet visible, and the one where detective team Mocks themselves for PPLing!!

 

MY FAV OTP Moment >>

  • Gravity!!!, When LG pulls her up on Maximus. JTE is all flustered and LG is well all excited.Beautifully SHOT. 
  • The First Hug from JTE to LG when she comes running to LG.
  • The way LG turned the Helicopter back and returned to Seoul for JTE.
  • The NECK KISS scene>> more than LG's desperation, It was JTE's slight "ah" response was what made the scene 1000 times more sensual (K dramas mostly have all the work done by MALE, Kudos to the director to capture The right REACTIOn from the actress here as well, otherwise all we would have concentrated was LMH nech/jawline and lips lol)
  • The time when JTE shouted " What on EARTH DID I DO in my PREVIOUS LIFE to deserve this", she for one is terribly flustered but can't let go of Kim GAE-dONG !! :joy:

My FAV Scene >>

  • Yumolala LG slashing people left right and center in episode 11---BEST ONE YET
  • JTE being the Femme Fatale >>(LR needs to have better equipped people, they are of no use in front of TKEM F4 (LG,JTE,JY,SJ)
  • JY-ES meeting
  • JTE saying if you are a King then I am Princess Diana to LG
  • SJ-JY Fighting 
  • JY showing abbs
  • LG showing shoulders
  • Sorry  but not Sorry for objectifying both Men :D
  • JY pulling a KT on NARI saying Do I have a crush on You or You do in this world.
  • LG crying
  • Baby LG and BABY JY together , they are Just adorable.
  • Like 13
  • Love 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ayu purnamasari said:

 

When i look back in first episode there were scene broken glass roof, one man in black hit the wall, another man in black were busy doing shot gun, and there was "i'm pretty sure" it was future lee gon walking smoothly straight to little lee gon. Perhaps LG will join force travel time with others maybe JY or SJ. What i'm really worried about is when LG took very long time doing time travel chase the edge of "space between 0 and 1" when he back to JT world , JT already grown old while LG still "Young" LG . Another theory perhaps JY will die after saving LG he will be the key for last episode. Also for luna perhaps she is JT twin or the one who supposed to lve in ROK or she is JT from future after also doing time travel and now i get confused my self after typing this :sweat_smile:

@ayu purnamasari LG is never going to hit the edge, all he's going to do is just go around and around since the in between place is one big traversable wormhole or tunnel. So if you think the in between place as a tunnel if you go to the left or right, you're never ever going to reach an edge, you just essentially went around the tunnel. I have no clue. This is how I think of it in the simplest terms:

 

1) Whatever alternative realities or loops we are about to see is all happening in the in between place or whatever

2) Having the whole flute allows you to time travel to the past and then will return you to your present.

3) Ultimate final ending is that LG and JTE have a happy ending

 

As for LG searching for the edge and coming back out to JTE being old, I have no clue. It just depends how stupid he is or when he lost count. At this point, LG should have figured out a lot of things for being a math and science whiz lol.

 

For further information, here is an article about traversable wormholes: http://www.cmp.caltech.edu/refael/league/thorne-morris.pdfhttp://www.pas.rochester.edu/~kdouglass/Classes/Ast102/lectures/21_lecture_print.pdf or just google about Einstein's General Theory of Relativity or Special Relativity 

 

#######################

 

3 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

LG knew that Luna was in Korea but JTE did not inform him that Luna had fooled her dad and had lived at her place. As in how close she had been to people and things JTE loves.

 

JTE is taking Luna lightly or rather she thinks that Luna is only a threat to her or some such thing. She actually believes Luna when Luna says if I were to hurt someone I would have done it in your absence... like really!

 

So this is what I mean when I say they without information. LG tells JTE during the discussion that joining of the flute would mean he cant go to her as door will close. Why does JTE not mention that Lady Noh came to Corea evem when the flute was in one piece? JY, SJ, LG and JTE have never had one proper meeting with all info on the table. LG is like one man army who doesnt delegate??

 

As for JY and LG... i think someone here justly described how JY reminds them of cocubines in Cdramas. I think I go with that. Irrespective of JY and LG's sexual preferences, JY wants LG exclusively to himself. A complex often observed in best friends.

 

After all JY and LG have been brought up together. Army has many tales of how soldiers are encouraged to indulge in physical intimacy such that a sense of brotherhood is developed. (A bit extreme but still an example)

 

@Dramafreak Im just speaking from my perspective that if I knew I might be stuck in a situation like in the movie Parent Trap, I would tell one twin a secret word to differentiate them from the other evil twin. Plus LG is a logical being that is aware of the doppelgänger situation, so I dont know why he wouldn't suspect anything. People who are in STEM usually are suspect of everything and everyone lol. We tend to have a plan A, B, C, D, E, etc. As for why JTE didn't tell the Scooby gang, Lady Noh had asked her not to tell anyone. For why the whole team hasn't met up? I have no clue, it would seem like the logical thing to do in order to communicate the accumulated info that each have gathered.

 

As for the whole notion that JY just wants LG for himself, I dont think thats an idea that is observed in best friends. Last time I checked, I dont think I ever want one of my best friends just to myself. Friends aren't like property. A true friend that cares for their friend just wants what's best for their friend. I mean if you had a best friend who you grew up with all of your life and you see that friend fall in love with another person across a different universe, what would you say? For me, I would tell my best friend that I dont think its a good idea not because I want them to myself or whatever, but because I would be afraid that the circumstances were too great and also that they would get really hurt in the end if things didn't work out. 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well I Clearly missed it. BUT How is the Passage Color Getting changed??? I mean does DAY-NIGHT Reflect there as well?There is No AIR-NO WIND, Time does NOT CHANGE, How is the DAY/NIGHT Light setting changing then??? :blink:

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

JTE-Luna connection

I just wanted to add one more pt:

7. The mini foldable knife that yoyo kid gave to JTE to protect herself actually belongs to Luna , it was in her bunny jacket's pocket and when yoyo kid tries to give her back she says to keep it and says 'use it to protect what belongs to you'. Coincidence?

 Nah knowing KES it was intentionally written and shown.

 

Ok bye , I am trying hard not to come online to avoid spoilers:lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

As for the whole notion that JY just wants LG for himself, I dont think thats an idea that is observed in best friends. Last time I checked, I dont think I ever want one of my best friends just to myself. Friends aren't like property. A true friend that cares for their friend just wants what's best for their friend. I mean if you had a best friend who you grew up with all of your life and you see that friend fall in love with another person across a different universe, what would you say? For me, I would tell my best friend that I dont think its a good idea not because I want them to myself or whatever, but because I would be afraid that the circumstances were too great and also that they would get really hurt in the end if things didn't work out. 

 

 

 

I can understand where you're coming from, but I see this situation a bit differently.

 

Imo, the role of a best friend is to tell them what you think about the difficulties of the relationship but also understand + respect their feelings and decisions and wish the best for them. Not go behind their backs and try to drive a wedge in their relationship by egging someone else to take the girlfriend away. That's low. 

 

This is why I related JY to a C drama concubine. This is not best friend behaviour. He has crossed the boundary of a friend and a guard when he went behind LG to talk to SJ that way. He has no right to dictate who LG should and shouldn't love. Instead of having LG's best interest in his heart, I think it's his own that he was concerned about. 

 

SJ was right, JY ought to be shot for what he did. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Well I Clearly missed it. BUT How is the Passage Color Getting changed??? I mean does DAY-NIGHT Reflect there as well?There is No AIR-NO WIND, Time does NOT CHANGE, How is the DAY/NIGHT Light setting changing then??? :blink:

That’s what I was thinking of too. Beside in the 1st pic TE had to go back by herself, the second one was three of them were back to ROK together. But, about the day and the night with many stars was confusing me. If there was no air, no wind and time did not change how there were days and nights? Is it because the gate or the dimension has been broken? That’s why time will exist in that dimension and all the seeds that TE sow will grow?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..