[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

15 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Thank God...my company did go through a revamp on last friday and approximately 500 employees were released.... Thankfully i am not one amongst them...mine is safe at least for now

I am happy for You since you dodged a bullet. Some of these friends had to move out of their apartments and move in with other friends. Covid19 was a disaster for some.

I was also personally worried that i would get the call but it never came and the lockdown ended finally if it lasted 1-2 months more things could have been much worse

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Time loop said:

It was speculated that the ones who killed their doppelgängers or their doppelgängers have died are the ones receiving the scars.

Where are people on the idea that LG’s doppleganger, Ji-Hoon, is still alive?  If so, this particular scar theory doesn’t work. Maybe he’s only alive in another timeline or loop? I’m just curious about it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Wow what a journey it has been from that scene. Not just for the characters but for us here too huhuuu

I enjoyed the journey but If I have to pinpoint a moment it would have to be an unlikely moment. It was the moment he took her to the bambo forest and trolled her because she wanted to see if he was telling the truth because he kept saying stuff that she geninuely didn't believe. 

LG knew from that moment she was into him and you could see on his face he was happy inside he gave her his jacket while before that moment she was rejecting his advances. She wanted to believe in him and he saw that change in her because she followed him all the way to the bambo forest he got his confirmation. He was operating on high level but most viewers didn't catch it while next time he came back to her he already knew that she was into him not love or anything just into him

• Like 7
  • Love 5

@Heretorant i agree! LR really doesn’t need two of them to be alive. So once PM struck the deal with LR, the other doppelgänger was already done for. Even if she killed her doppelgänger or LR did it, she still has the marking of the dead. I believe more that she didn’t dirty her hands to do the deed. Also, these two do make a powerful team. But I wouldn’t be surprised when one stabs the other one first. With so much greed and desires both has, one is bound to stick the knife in the back first. Now I am left wondering if switching pregnant lady was necessary and why. Did PM need more people on her side or did she simply just want to get rid of people she disliked? I hope KES doesn’t forget that we still remember pregnant lady was switched and kept alive.

I think for me, the moment i was sold onto this ship was way earlier. My moment was when he first hugged her at the street and Gravity came on. I remember saying this: “Whoa!!!! Their love story is going to be epic. Just watch!” :blush: I was sold even before the story began hahaha. 

edit:

@msdot

Spoiler

The idea came from a spoiler way back before episode 13 aired. It’s either gone or lost now in the hundreds of pages here :D The spoiler showed a picture of LMH in navy suit, with a badge name that we couldn’t see clearly but figured it started with JH. Hence, we drew speculations that JH may actually be alive and if so, why and how will see him? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

For what it's worth, I don't have TKEM or LMH or anything on my dashboard, I have to actively click into the groups I follow to see updates.  So when this popped up from subtle asian eats I nearly had a meltdown, I was laughing so hard.

Re: crunchy milk tea-I saw this on my facebook feed!  I think it popped up because I'm following The King on Fb.

Did someone post this; a fan video from ep 11 or 12

cr: 

Maknaegi 막내기

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

27 minutes ago, msdot said:

Where are people on the idea that LG’s doppleganger, Ji-Hoon, is still alive?  If so, this particular scar theory doesn’t work. Maybe he’s only alive in another timeline or loop? I’m just curious about it.

His not alive in this timeline because LR killed him but if LR is stopped in 94 this time then he would be alive on the reset timeline 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

My job is safe for the time being. Thank god. I know ppl who got released some friends i know who work as stewardess for Airlines 

Yep. The entire airline business took a hit and some airline companies went bankrupt here in the UK

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Time loop said:

I enjoyed the journey but If I have to pinpoint a moment it would have to be an unlikely moment. It was the moment he took her to the bambo forest and trolled her because she wanted to see if he was telling the truth because he kept saying stuff that she geninuely didn't believe. 

LG knew from that moment she was into him and you could see on his face he was happy inside he gave her his jacket while before that moment she was rejecting his advances. She wanted to believe in him and he saw that change in her because she followed him all the way to the bambo forest he got his confirmation. He was operating on high level but most viewers didn't catch it while next time he came back to her he already knew that she was into him not love or anything just into him

You and me both! It’s one of the most underrated scenes! It’s less eventful than their emotional/scandalous scenes but I love how the two just had a real conversation and got to know each other. This is where I first saw JTE genuinely touched by LG. She was moved by his past and his kind gesture. Of course the moment was ruined when she was reminded he doesn’t have a name but it was sweet while it lasted. 

LG was so cute walking back and forth and smiling because she was getting worked up. And boy, he was extra handsome in this scene. 

Episode 12’s church scene mirrors this particular scene but we can see how deep their relationship has grown. It’s also one of my favorites! 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

50 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

at my place it has not ended but relaxation is given.... hence we can expect that things will start moving a bit....i just hope that we get to see the face of business once...then even we can earn the operational cost then it will be gradually picking up...

The same her things have started to move but just like you said but slowly. 

I am hearing good news about a vaccine which will finally close this dark chapter once and for all

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

You and me both! It’s one of the most underrated scenes! It’s less eventful than their emotional/scandalous scenes but I love how the two just had a real conversation and got to know each other. This is where I first saw JTE genuinely touched by LG. She was moved by his past and his kind gesture. Of course the moment was ruined when she was reminded he doesn’t have a name but it was sweet while it lasted. 

LG was so cute walking back and forth and smiling because she was getting worked up. And boy, he was extra handsome in this scene. 

Episode 12’s church scene mirrors this particular scene but we can see how deep their relationship has grown. It’s also one of my favorites! 

But also - the men in her life obviously care very much about her, but they don’t treat her like, well, a Queen.  Obviously ES and SJ are very good friends to her, but she’s just TE to them.  A good buddy, maybe something more for SJ, but she’s just good old, plain, brave, fun JTE.  She is who she is.  She’s great.

LG literally worships the ground she walks on and tells her that, and even though she gets secondhand embarrassment from it and smacks him around, it has to feel good to be acknowledged for something that others just see as a part of her.  Of course her friends think she’s a warrior and brave, but it’s nothing new to them.  Hearing LG talk about how brave she is has to be heartwarming.  Her family and friends don’t acknowledge her beauty, because she’s never been the type to care. But LG doesn’t ever hesitate to show her that he thinks she’s the most beautiful person in the world. 

She’s got a great support system around her, but  LG just goes above and beyond. 

Which brings me back to your original point - the jacket scene.  She’s super tough around her friends, and they may have just brushed off her complaining as lol haha.  But LG gave her his jacket without asking, after she just finished insulting him.  Nobody in her life actively goes out of their way to take care of her, and while she may be fine with that, this person is anticipating her needs, picking up on barely existent cues, and making sure that she’s taken care of. 

• Like 11
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

This was seriously the moment for me. I call it the moment of all moments. I remember I was still lurking here then boom once that moment happened then I was active.. 

Gravity playing in the behind plus the scenery everything just hit the right spot for me

I like this scene as well which i can feel the bonding in between LG and TE's eyes. She was surprised for what was happening and the moment he told her his name, she just unbelievable that she was riding with the King. :blush:

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

This was my favourite scene guys since we are all sharing favourite scenes 

i like this scene too! :wub:

This is one of my favorite scenes too:

ecaede80-9c63-11ea-a1b5-f5bef9167a6d_800

the raw emotions played out by KGE as TE in this whole scene was amazing! The desperation that she may die fighting but yet she holds onto the gun, and the realization when LG comes and she can just break down..it really still gets to my heart strings. I can still remember her cries when he is fighting his way to her. She just relaxes and breaks down because she thought no one would know where she was, and no one would come save her. And there he was, the person she was hoping she would see. And LG’s affirmation: “PROTECT HER. SHE IS THE FUTURE QUEEN OF KOC.” Just wow.. :wub::wub: and the music was right on cue. Love it! 

• Like 6
  • Love 17
  • Awesome 1