Quantcast

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

And then I crash landed hard on their ship the second she got onto Maximus and ended up in his world, and he told her his name.

This was seriously the moment for me. I call it the moment of all moments. I remember I was still lurking here then boom once that moment happened then I was active.. 

Gravity playing in the behind plus the scenery everything just hit the right spot for me

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

This was seriously the moment for me. I call it the moment of all moments. I remember I was still lurking here then boom once that moment happened then I was active.. 

Gravity playing in the behind plus the scenery everything just hit the right spot for me

Such a nostalgic scene while seeing them relive that scene on the trailers released recently after the time reset my eyes got teary 

• Like 11
26 minutes ago, Time loop said:
44 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Time loop omo..that makes sense. And PM always had this look on her..like she committed a crime and is scared to be found out. She may have actually killed her doppelgänger after all.

She could have but I think it's unlikely don't think LR would demand that from a high ranking official to butcher a lowly peasant just to prove her loyality. Most likely his minions killed her

My take on it: she killed her doppelgänger or ordered LR to do it. She doesn’t need to kill to prove her loyalty but she does need to kill in order to not be at a disadvantage. If her counterpart is alive, LR can always switch her if he wanted. But if her counterpart is dead, there’s no way. She’s actually head to head with LR. She doesn’t need to prove her loyalty but he needs to prove his. That’s my guess until proven otherwise lol. 

8 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Right right.. and here I am thinking I can outsmart KES's plo

I just wanted to add, some genius people here did all the work and wrote out all the times time stopped, which prime number it correlates to and how many seconds time stopped for. Considering how long time stopped during the photo of boom in episode 12, they were able to calculate which prime number we’re currently on. They tracked down how many times LR and LG have crossed the gate and what do you know, it adds up to the prime number we’re currently on. So that’s proof the time only stops when they cross. Well, they are the only ones who have the key after all. 

I believe that genius was @madmad min

10 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I never really get into people’s characters much until a few episodes in, no matter how much I love the actor/actress.

When JTE showed up, I was like...confident, seems clumsy, mildly interesting—OH MY GOD SHE JUST SMASHED THE CAR AND ROUNDHOUSED HIM YAS QUEEEEEN BREAK THE MEN.

I liked Lee Gon but didn’t quite know what to make of him (aside from SO FRACKING HOT) but in epsiode 2 when he just let JTE manhandle him with a smile on his face, I love him.

And then I crash landed hard on their ship the second she got onto Maximus and ended up in his world, and he told her his name.

It’s still my favorite line, and the moment when the drama went from “good TV” to “post screaming rants on soompi at all hours of the night”.  And then it got even better cus he told her dad his name.  

Me, me, me!

And now that I’m to the point of no return, I rewatch them and am so biased, I love them in every scene! 

LG hugs JTE upon first meeting.

Me before: ok.. a bit cheesy but I can live.

Me now: HUG HIM BACK!!! :bawling:

:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Wow what a journey it has been from that scene. Not just for the characters but for us here too huhuuu

• Like 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

My take on it: she killed her doppelgänger or ordered LR to do it. She doesn’t need to kill to prove her loyalty but she does need to kill in order to not be at a disadvantage. If her counterpart is alive, LR can always switch her if he wanted. But if her counterpart is dead, there’s no way. She’s actually head to head with LR. She doesn’t need to prove her loyalty but he needs to prove his. That’s my guess until proven otherwise lol. 

She obviously wanted her double killed but I don't think she killed her with her bare hands but rather ordered as you said. Your guess is absolutely correct 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Thank God...my company did go through a revamp on last friday and approximately 500 employees were released.... Thankfully i am not one amongst them...mine is safe at least for now

I am happy for You since you dodged a bullet. Some of these friends had to move out of their apartments and move in with other friends. Covid19 was a disaster for some.

I was also personally worried that i would get the call but it never came and the lockdown ended finally if it lasted 1-2 months more things could have been much worse

• Like 3
On 5/31/2020 at 10:05 AM, Wis dom said:

Thanks alot for sharing. I will make a full extensive one later today as I am busy currently 

Looking forward to seeing your detailed one

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Time loop said:

It was speculated that the ones who killed their doppelgängers or their doppelgängers have died are the ones receiving the scars.

Where are people on the idea that LG’s doppleganger, Ji-Hoon, is still alive?  If so, this particular scar theory doesn’t work. Maybe he’s only alive in another timeline or loop? I’m just curious about it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
44 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Wow what a journey it has been from that scene. Not just for the characters but for us here too huhuuu

I enjoyed the journey but If I have to pinpoint a moment it would have to be an unlikely moment. It was the moment he took her to the bambo forest and trolled her because she wanted to see if he was telling the truth because he kept saying stuff that she geninuely didn't believe. 

LG knew from that moment she was into him and you could see on his face he was happy inside he gave her his jacket while before that moment she was rejecting his advances. She wanted to believe in him and he saw that change in her because she followed him all the way to the bambo forest he got his confirmation. He was operating on high level but most viewers didn't catch it while next time he came back to her he already knew that she was into him not love or anything just into him

• Like 7
  • Love 5

@Heretorant i agree! LR really doesn’t need two of them to be alive. So once PM struck the deal with LR, the other doppelgänger was already done for. Even if she killed her doppelgänger or LR did it, she still has the marking of the dead. I believe more that she didn’t dirty her hands to do the deed. Also, these two do make a powerful team. But I wouldn’t be surprised when one stabs the other one first. With so much greed and desires both has, one is bound to stick the knife in the back first. Now I am left wondering if switching pregnant lady was necessary and why. Did PM need more people on her side or did she simply just want to get rid of people she disliked? I hope KES doesn’t forget that we still remember pregnant lady was switched and kept alive.

I think for me, the moment i was sold onto this ship was way earlier. My moment was when he first hugged her at the street and Gravity came on. I remember saying this: “Whoa!!!! Their love story is going to be epic. Just watch!” :blush: I was sold even before the story began hahaha. 

edit:

@msdot

Spoiler

The idea came from a spoiler way back before episode 13 aired. It’s either gone or lost now in the hundreds of pages here :D The spoiler showed a picture of LMH in navy suit, with a badge name that we couldn’t see clearly but figured it started with JH. Hence, we drew speculations that JH may actually be alive and if so, why and how will see him? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

For what it's worth, I don't have TKEM or LMH or anything on my dashboard, I have to actively click into the groups I follow to see updates.  So when this popped up from subtle asian eats I nearly had a meltdown, I was laughing so hard.

Re: crunchy milk tea-I saw this on my facebook feed!  I think it popped up because I'm following The King on Fb.

Did someone post this; a fan video from ep 11 or 12

cr: 

Maknaegi 막내기

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, msdot said:

Where are people on the idea that LG’s doppleganger, Ji-Hoon, is still alive?  If so, this particular scar theory doesn’t work. Maybe he’s only alive in another timeline or loop? I’m just curious about it.

His not alive in this timeline because LR killed him but if LR is stopped in 94 this time then he would be alive on the reset timeline 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

My job is safe for the time being. Thank god. I know ppl who got released some friends i know who work as stewardess for Airlines 

Yep. The entire airline business took a hit and some airline companies went bankrupt here in the UK

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, Time loop said:

I enjoyed the journey but If I have to pinpoint a moment it would have to be an unlikely moment. It was the moment he took her to the bambo forest and trolled her because she wanted to see if he was telling the truth because he kept saying stuff that she geninuely didn't believe. 

LG knew from that moment she was into him and you could see on his face he was happy inside he gave her his jacket while before that moment she was rejecting his advances. She wanted to believe in him and he saw that change in her because she followed him all the way to the bambo forest he got his confirmation. He was operating on high level but most viewers didn't catch it while next time he came back to her he already knew that she was into him not love or anything just into him

You and me both! It’s one of the most underrated scenes! It’s less eventful than their emotional/scandalous scenes but I love how the two just had a real conversation and got to know each other. This is where I first saw JTE genuinely touched by LG. She was moved by his past and his kind gesture. Of course the moment was ruined when she was reminded he doesn’t have a name but it was sweet while it lasted. 

LG was so cute walking back and forth and smiling because she was getting worked up. And boy, he was extra handsome in this scene. 

Episode 12’s church scene mirrors this particular scene but we can see how deep their relationship has grown. It’s also one of my favorites! 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

at my place it has not ended but relaxation is given.... hence we can expect that things will start moving a bit....i just hope that we get to see the face of business once...then even we can earn the operational cost then it will be gradually picking up...

The same her things have started to move but just like you said but slowly. 

I am hearing good news about a vaccine which will finally close this dark chapter once and for all

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주