• The first kiss scene after the first crossing into his world
    • The 1st goodbye kiss in ROK
    • The 2nd Goodbye kiss in ROK
    • The beheading kiss scene/inconsiderate scene
    • Post saving kiss scene
    • Episode 10 kiss by future LG
    • Reunion kiss scene
    • CCTV kiss scene
  2. 2. What type of setting and world do you want TKEM S2 to take place in?

• post-World war 3 in the year 2050s in ROK where Korea is turned into dystopia (LGXJTE and Lee JunXJTR team up to save ROK)
    • Should take place in the far future where LGXJTE fight evil forces from the year 2784 with assistance from Lee JunXJTR
    • Should remain and fight injustice in the currently timeline with additional arc for JTR-LJH
    • Do you want it to take place instead in the far-past going way back to the beginning of Korea like 10.000BC back
    • Do you want them to go further back in time like 30.000-50.000 BC
  3. 3. Do you want shower scenes in the S2 & PG13 or R-Rated?

• Yes plenty of shower scenes please
    • No to shower scenes
    • Yes I will take 1-2 Shower scenes
    • Should S2 remain PG13
    • Should S2 become R-rated in the sequel

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/26/2020 at 04:38 AM

Just now, Amy323 said:

I saw this on Instagram a while ago so here it goes ...Maybe when the time stops, the present LG goes to the past and he saves himself, kills LR this time and goes to the child JTE so that she remembers him (maybe that is why she hugs him first when LG come to ROK for the first time). If LR is defeated in the past then Lee Ji Hun would never have died.... hence he exists but doesn't know who JTE is in ROK. And also SJ would have never been exchanged. What if the the butterfly effect creates a new timeline all over again?

Ive been thinking almost the same thing.  All LG needs to do to make sure LJH lives is to ensure LL cant get through the portal.  However, the first interrogation is still SJ and JTE interrogating LL, who still has been able to access the place in between.

Is it possible that LG gets the full flute, goes to meet bb Tae Eul, who loves him as she grows up, but he seals the portals and seals LL IN the place in between?  Then all of the events happen and 20ish years later LG goes through the portal?  Maybe LG seals himself in the in between as well, and his ep 10 visit was him before he closed the gates?

So we have LL and LG stuck in the “in between”, and maybe new timeline LG opens the portals again and vacations in Seoul, and this time JTE hugs him?  Then LL and LG escape out of the in between and SJ and JTE interrogate him?  If Lee Gon got stuck while wearing his jacket of doom, that could explain the beginning scene when he has the sword and he’s going to fight.  He wore it for what seemed like an eternity.

This way, we also still have original LG instead of memory wiped. That also give us an extra LG to fight over so JTE can have her original recipe one.  

• Like 6
  • Insightful 8

For all the crimes Luna have been reported for, the worst on the list was assault. She wasn't wanted for murder, so I assume she has never killed before. Although she said she wanted to kill the betrayer in KOC, she never did. If her intentions in ep 13 and 14 was to kill LG and JTE respectively, what would she get out of it? I don't think LG was drugged, he was suffering or in pain so it had to be poison. When JTE was drugged she simply lost consciousness. 

From Luna writhing in pain in her van, did LR promise an organ transplant (which we know can be easily arranged at the care centre) in exchange for killing LG and JTE? Given how good she is at stealing, I would think she would have been tasked to steal LG's riding crop as well. How does LG do all the time travelling work without the flute? 

Rewatching the episode, JY being nosy and trying to keep LG and JTE apart is overstepping his boundaries as LG's guard if you ask me. Even if he is LG's best friend and only has his interests in his heart, he has no right to decide the direction of their relationship. For someone claiming to follow LG into whatever battlefield he goes, he apparently isn't on board with this relationship. 

JTE knows their worlds are far apart, this was already evident in episode 5 and 6. She didn't think LG would go back to ROK for her, that it's possible for them to meet again and be together. That's why she didn't react to his advances although she was already moved by him. It was only when LG in his navy uniform told her that he'll go look for her after he wins the battle (she was surprised that he would cross worlds for her), that she accepted the relationship and decided to wait for him. 

For all the difficulties they faced in getting together, I am infinitely annoyed with JY thinking that he knows better. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Jad068 said:

I also think the it was PM who made LL to just make the switch and not kill the pregnant lady. She also said in the previous episode that I hope  you give birth in this Kingdom for the child. I think the pregnant lady is kept alive either because PM wants her to suffer in poverty or for the baby because killing her would also be killing the baby.

@Jad068 I still dont understand why LR wants  to keep and switch the pregnant lady? Can someone explain to me the intention for keeping her ?  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, violet.ears said:

From Luna writhing in pain in her van, did LR promise an organ transplant (which we know can be easily arranged at the care centre) in exchange for killing LG and JTE? Give how good she is at stealing, I would think she would have been tasked to steal LG's riding crop as well. How does LG do all the time travelling work without the flute?

Back in the saltmines w/ TE in ep 12, LG assumed that LR already knows where he hid his other half of the flute. Given that, LG may no longer be using the whip as cover-up. Esp since, he has not been traveling with Maximus.

@madmad min

I believe the scars must be a side effect of two things combined: killing your counterpart + living in the world you don’t belong.

@Heretorant Just want to clarify that the scar bearer does't have to be the one to actually kill his/her doppelganger as in the case of the Bookstore Minion/Driver.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Also, why does LR think LG is a good shooter (in his internal monologue at the end of Episode 13).  Does he know something we don't?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 6

10 minutes ago, gwin said:

Also, why does LR think LG is a good shooter (in his internal monologue at the end of Episode 13).  Does he know something we don't?

The internal monologue for sharp shooter was, hilariously, LG's voice. 

LR: He was tall. 

LG: He was skilled with a gun, knew the structure of the Cheonjongo well... 

LR: He clearly knew who the enemy was. 

LG: He was fighting with all his might for me. The one who saved me... 

LR: The one who saved you was yourself. 

LG: It was me. So that's how everything comes together. 

I don't know if the soft toy shooting game was made to throw us off and assume LG is terrible with guns. It's common knowledge that the guns are rigged to be inaccurate. Perhaps JTE used to go often enough she knows how to work them? 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 7

13 hours ago, SweetButters said:

Even the guy in the story wears a “savior” outfit similar to LG. Only difference is, is that the guy and girl are both saviors.

That is part of my theory.  I wrote it millions of pages ago (LOL) about the possibility of TE being part of the saviour team - that is assuming TE's death in one timeline is not the reason for LG to go back in time & save himself.  I just could not shake off that possibility given her character & when she told LG that they are partners in solving this mystery.

@gwin the VO was LG's not LR's.

I have a dumb question and maybe it was covered somewhere in the 617 pages.  The key is to obtain the entire flute (that M word is too long),  to prevent LL from gaining power etc, right?  Why can't LG destroy his half?  wouldn't that solve the problem? Since it's been cut in two, it is already diminished in value.  this is too simple, so what's the answer MOnarchs?

Actually that is a very practical solution :) 

However, w/o LG's other half, you still have LR empowered by his own half.  If LG destroys his half of the flute, then we will be virtually incapacitated to fight LR.

And there is that bigger problem of time stopping whenever one crosses the portal, to the point that both worlds will stop forever. So LG & the gang must really stop LR by getting his flute.

The flutes broken in two have fantastic powers already. Remember what LR said to Prince before he killed him? ".. Then I will be the only one in possession of the M. I don't know the extent of what I will be able to do when I am in full possession of it..."

Btw, I love how you called us MOnarchs.

As in, Sec MO?

Wait I thought LG was the first to know about Luna?  He’s the one who figured that people were getting swapped and killed, and that Luna had been switched with JTE?

Yes he knew about Luna but no swapping done cos he found TE in KOC. Note that he was actually looking for Luna in KOC and was relieved to find TE instead.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

can anyone show me the whole episode 12 bed scene from the start where Lee Gon's scar was seen and miss sunshine was shocked PLEAAAAAAAASE PLEAAAASE

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

1 minute ago, mychoiyoung said:

That is part of my theory.  I wrote it millions of pages ago about the possibility of TE being part of the savior team - that is assuming TE's death in one timeline is not the reason for LG to go back in time & save himself.  I just could not shake of that possibility given her character & when she told LG that they are partners in solving this mystery.

I am still on the boat that it's Shin Jae who goes with him. Otherwise, I see no reason for all this backstory for SJ if his only purpose was to serve as third wheel/unrequited love.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 5

50 minutes ago, gwin said:

Can anyone explain how someone can put poison in a freakin can of beer?  LOLOL

She probably smeared the poison on the surface of the can i guess?

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Umjicheok said:

I agree it makes sense. I initially thought may be he is also responsible for breaking the flute, he is cursed with the lightening/ reminded by the lightening to join the flute.

Also I don't think dopplegangler experiences lightening even if his/her counterpart dies due to natural causes because let's take sin jae for example. If he was not switched and ROK sin jae was not able to survive ,then KOC sin jae would experience the pain even though he didn't do anything. So  we should exclude natural deaths.

Ok after seeing Gemini constellation on JTE's bed and in Luna's van , I feel they are twins .

I don't think Luna put that stickers after seeing them in JTE's room. Infact her look was like , 'oh even she has the same thing'.

Edit: 

@Jad068  I just saw that you mentioned abt possibility of JTE-Luna being twins. So I am not the only one who felt like that:lol:

But twins don’t have the exact same DNA, right? 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

The more I think about Luna-JTE being twins/ same person of different timelines (edited and added this later :)), more I am convinced about this theory. :rolleyes:

Let's see all the hints :

1. JTE's mom dies due to cancer and Luna is suffering from cancer

2.  showing random Gemini constellation stickers in their rooms (van) (gemini represents twins)

3. Luna being abandoned in the neighborhood with NO identity. If she was left on the roads as a neonate then someone had to take care of her at least for few months. They are emphasizing that she lived on her own. For that to be possible I feel she needs to be at least more than a toddler age when she was left in the streets.

4. Them showing us that she didn't have the name and borrowed cat's name.

5. Her hiding her long hair under a wig: now this I don't get it. Why hide her hair? Because short hair makes her look badass?:lol:

6. Her special connection with yoyo boy and yo-yo boy helping JTE.

If we see yoyo boy till now : he had 2-3 interactions with Luna and he seems to talk nicely to her , when he met LL he was kinda low-key stern while talking and basically told him to get lost since he wants to complete reading the book LOL. He met JTE to help her in KOC, drop her ID in ROK and we see in 2022 she was walking in front of him and he met LG only via CCTV footage and made his scar burn. So overall he has way too many interactions with JTE/Luna.

Added :

7. The mini foldable knife that yoyo kid gave to JTE to protect herself actually belongs to Luna , it was in her bunny jacket's pocket and when yoyo kid tries to give her back she says to keep it and says 'use it to protect what belongs to you'. Coincidence?

Nah knowing KES it was intentionally written and shown.

If not twins then as someone said many pgs back , they are the same person i.e JTE of different timeline.

edit:

1. @Anagha twins can have same dna  if  they are monozygotic twins. I realised that they don't necessarily have identical fingerprints but similar fingerprints. Then I would go with my other option of her being JTE of different timeline.LOL

2. Yoyo boy= yoyo kid  since I guess he/she is supposed to be gender neutral:)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 13

Dang..i finished backtracking at 10pm and then fell asleep. Just woke up. It’s 2:50 am now. Haha. I was like “ahh dang! I was supposed to go chat on the thread first!” Lol!!

but something crossed my mind: Was it confirmed that it was PM who actually killed her doppelgänger herself? I don’t think she is willing to get blood on her own hands. So my initial thought is LR or the minions did it. I don’t think you necessarily have to be the one to kill your own doppelgänger to get the scar. As long he or she is dead, you get the scar.

Haha even in my sleep, Im thinking about TKEM! :lol:

okay back to sleep. Talk to everyone again later! :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

37 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:
1 hour ago, gwin said:

Can anyone explain how someone can put poison in a freakin can of beer?  LOLOL

She probably smeared the poison on the surface of the can i guess?

Like they poisoned the water bottle from JTE's fridge then this time it's probably the same way. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So here I am again to summarize all the scenes we've seen from previews, spoiler shooting photos etc.  that we have not yet seen on the show so far.

From previews:

1.   LG and LR across each other with the gate between them

2.   LG and LR across each other in the in-between place (balloons floating in LG's side, photographs floating in LR's side)

3.   PM and LR talking to each other inside some sort of tunnel (side note:  is this LR's portal?)

4.  LG running to JTE while JTE appears to be injured (well, at least her hands are).  Everyone is frozen around them

5.   JTE and LG facing each other in JTE's home's garden, then LG suddenly disappears

6.  SJ's mom (looks to be his real mom) hugging young SJ

7.  LG taken to hospital by JY, JTE crying (?) in hospital corridor

8.   SJ crying while taking to someone behind a window (looks like someone in prison?)

9.  Something exploding with JTE, Jangmi and the chief on the scene (looks like the care center?)

10.  Luna stabbing JTE

11.  Future LR talking to past LR

12.  ES talking to someone on the phone

From spoiler photos taken by fans:

Spoiler

1.  LG and JTE riding horses near the beach

2.  LG in the coat of doom, talking to Lady Noh

3.  LG and JTE walking hand in hand in what looks to be a busy city place

4.  LG walking past JTE, but doesn't recognize her, JTE breaks down in tears

5.  LG and JTE in what looks to be a setting in the 40s/50s, JTE is wearing the necklace LG gave her, LG still has the whip

Did I miss anything?

• Like 11
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Also is that outfit JTE’s kink or something bc she was VERY pleased that he was going to wear it.  

That outfit... with the whip... draw your own conclusion.

That's all.

• LOL 13

JTE and Luna: Switched Doppelgangers? Twins? Time Travel?

1 hour ago, Umjicheok said:

The more I think about Luna-JTE being twins, more I am convinced about this theory. :rolleyes:

Let's see all the hints :

1. JTE's mom dies due to cancer and Luna is suffering from cancer

2.  showing random Gemini constellation stickers in their rooms (van) (gemini represents twins)

3. Luna being abandoned in the neighborhood with NO identity. If she was left on the roads as a neonate then someone had to take care of her at least for few months. They are emphasizing that she lived on her own. For that to be possible I feel she needs to be at least more than a toddler age when she was left in the streets.

4. Them showing us that she didn't have the name and borrowed cat's name.

6. Her special connection with yoyo boy and yo-yo boy helping JTE.

If we see yoyo boy till now : he had 2-3 interactions with Luna and he seems to talk nicely to her , when he met LL he was kinda low-key stern while talking and basically told me to get lost since he wants to complete reading the book LOL. He met JTE to help her in KOC, drop her ID in ROK and we see in 2022 she was walking in front of him and he met LG only via CCTV footage and made his scar burn. So overall he has way too many interactions with JTE/Luna.

Sorry for cutting and marking in your post, didn't want to basically double post your content. Very many great observations! Reading your post I want to posit two theories. Twin theory and switched doppelganger theory:

Twin theory:

If LL achieves the ability to time travel wouldn't it be logical for him to try to kill/separate JTE from LG? Perhaps he goes back in time and tries to get hold of her as a child, not realizing that JTE is a twin?

Spoiler

This could also explain why we see LG back in time around the same time JTE is young.

And then LL gets the wrong one (Luna) and just callously abandons her among trash in KOC or something similar where YoyoKid/FaithKid/Girl finds her. Like you said YoyoKid has been around Luna for awhile, perhaps because she is an imbalance. YoyoKid stated in an earlier episode that his/her mission was to help balance things out again so him/her looking out for her would therefore not be very strange. 

- BUT I actually think my theory above is wrong and that they are doppelgangers and not twins. Why? Because I agree that Luna couldn't have been taken at a very early age for the reasons you stated, also JTE has no memory of her and neither does her father seem to have. Also if Luna is a twin that means that there is still JTE's (and Luna's) doppelgangers running about somewhere in the Kingdom. Two doppelgangers neither of which LG or JY where able to find during these last 25 years. I don't think that twin theory is impossible though just that them being switched doppelgangers is more likely.   

Switched Doppelganger theory (in my opinion more likely):

Perhaps LL is going to successfully switch Luna and JTE as kids through time travel, not realizing that he is already living in a time line where he made this happen. JTE being from the Kingdom and not the Republic originally (and vice versa for Luna). @bebebisous33suggested a long time ago that they might have gotten switched, possibly by YoyoKid. This could still be the case and would explain why the fact that JTE's mother died of cancer/illness has been mentioned a few times and why Luna is suffering from it as well.

Now that we know that LL will time travel he could be one to switch them. Probably for the purpose to kidnap/kill/separate JTE from LG. Perhaps he kills Luna's (really JTE's) Kingdom parents in the process but YoyoKid helps Luna escape from him. LL will basically try to hunt down Luna to kill/kidnap her believing wrongly that he is actually hunting down the JTE we know. Let's remember that he believes that he can exchange JTE for LG's flute piece.

Even if Luna gets away LL could still time travel to try to find her BUT maybe this is where Luna's lack of identity comes into it. As well as now lacking parents (if LL kills them) and an identity because she is a doppelganger, she might lack a real identity because she needs to. A good way (perhaps the only way) of staying hidden from a time traveler is to not have an identity. He wouldn't be able to trace her down, and maybe he believes that it doesn't matter in the end since he believes that he has at least succeeded in separating LG and JTE.

My point being that LL in the process of trying to kill/get rid of JTE is unintentionally the reason why JTE grows up in the Republic. He basically creates his problem himself, very greek tragedy-esque: "A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it"-like. If I'm right about any of this I'm pretty sure that Luna will be the one to actually kill LL. 

Also: YoyoKid showing LG JTE walking around in the Kingdom in 2022 could be a hint to LG about where JTE really belongs. The PM meets LL at a bookstore in this episode right? The one that wasn't raided, and she asks him to take her to the Republic - this means that there are two bookstores in the Kingdom where LL hides away and not just one in each world.  Maybe you all already know this and I just missed it, I thought the bookstore was in the Republic until now. 

This theory is kinda far-fetched though I realize as I've just finished writing it :D what do you all think?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 15

How r we going to survive until next week? I am chewing my fingernails and half-functioning. 

Can I suggest to liven things up, instead of throwing theories left and right and giving us all headaches and anxiety attacks.. Let's start with a throwback of sorts. Like my favourite "naughty/cheeky" things LG do with JTE around 

I always replay these 3 scenes cause they are so funny and so cheeky! LG was so boyish in all of them... 

1. How he cheekily ask Head Court Noh where she put JTE in for the night. The room on the far left or far right? LOL. That look LG give to JTE! So naughty and suggestive! Hahahaha. 

2. After the mathematician talk, and as they walk through the university, LG grabbed JY wrist to talk to JTE and ask if he looks cool. Hahaha. All his guards were like??!!!!! And replied him in confusion. JY was so unimpressed. 

3. When LG grabbed JTE palm to write on it. Public affection... Sec MO was like?????!!!!! 

What about u girls? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Back in the saltmines w/ TE in ep 12, LG assumed that LR already knows where he hid his other half of the flute. Given that, LG may no longer be using the whip as cover-up. Esp since, he has not been traveling with Maximus.

@madmad min

Nice Thanks.

• Like 4

First let me get this out of the way I am exhausted and my brain is about to explode. This episode is like a roller coaster ride.  :astonished:

Now that I got that out of the way

I’ve said all along that the story may just turn on Luna and which side she is on. Right now it looks like Luna is on the side of LL but so much just doesn't fit. Let's look at what we know

1. Luna’s life in the KOC was very bad. She grew up alone, poor and became a thief who also assaulted people

2. She does have her own moral since. She takes the cat’s name so she feels she owes the cat something. She worries about Yoyo kid and gives him what she has when she leaves KOC. She also says to Yoyo kid just before she leave  for ROK “ Do you believe in God” when he nods yes she says “Then I’ll be punished” showing she knows right from wrong

3. In ROK, you can see that she want JTE’s life but she doesn’t seem to know what to do with that live or how to live it. She wants JTE’s father to like her but it’s clear that she doesn’t know how to react not only to JTE’s father but also to JTE"s friends. Abruptly she kisses Kang Shin-Jae wishes for more than what she will get

4. She steals from LL and shows little or no respect for him (even in KOC her first instinct is not to be his ally)

5. She is very sick and we see her writhing in pain reminding us that she is going to die soon

6. Yet it appears that she poisons the king and warns, then if the preview if true tries to kill JTE

So Luna is one very big contradiction. She longs for the life that JTE has. She wants her dad, her friends and all the other things she has never had. But, and here is what bothers me, Luna is dying. While she longs for JTE’s live it is clear that she doesn’t know how to live like JTE. She does not and will not fit. Why then is she going along with LL? It can’t be out of a sense of loyalty, she hates him and has only shown him contempt. I doubt she is afraid of LL. She stole his money and all but gave him the finger. He may have promised her a medical cure but Luna is a realist so she has to know that LL can’t be trusted to deliver on that promise. So again why is she on his side? What is she getting out of this deal? If she thought she would get a new better life by now she knows that isn’t possible. Facing death and having some sense of morality would she willingly do so much evil for a man she not only dislikes but doesn’t trust?  While she has done things that look terrible, I still wonder will she turn on LL and end up helping instead? We only have 3 episodes left so help needs to come from somewhere. While JTE and the King are strong, they need someone or something to step in and turn destiny toward good winning out over evil. In ways that she doesn't even know she already has. Her knife set JTE free. Maybe Luna can still be that key in one of her last acts to redeem herself and turn the tide toward victory for our King. I believe it’s possible but we are running out of time and so are they. We shall see.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 9