• The first kiss scene after the first crossing into his world
    • The 1st goodbye kiss in ROK
    • The 2nd Goodbye kiss in ROK
    • The beheading kiss scene/inconsiderate scene
    • Post saving kiss scene
    • Episode 10 kiss by future LG
    • Reunion kiss scene
    • CCTV kiss scene
  2. 2. What type of setting and world do you want TKEM S2 to take place in?

• post-World war 3 in the year 2050s in ROK where Korea is turned into dystopia (LGXJTE and Lee JunXJTR team up to save ROK)
    • Should take place in the far future where LGXJTE fight evil forces from the year 2784 with assistance from Lee JunXJTR
    • Should remain and fight injustice in the currently timeline with additional arc for JTR-LJH
    • Do you want it to take place instead in the far-past going way back to the beginning of Korea like 10.000BC back
    • Do you want them to go further back in time like 30.000-50.000 BC
  3. 3. Do you want shower scenes in the S2 & PG13 or R-Rated?

• Yes plenty of shower scenes please
    • No to shower scenes
    • Yes I will take 1-2 Shower scenes
    • Should S2 remain PG13
    • Should S2 become R-rated in the sequel

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/26/2020 at 04:38 AM

On 4/17/2020 at 10:07 AM, jerboa83 said:

Sageuk? What do you mean? I haven't watched the episode yet, but both the parallel worlds have a contemporary setting, haven't they? 

Yes, it's a sageuk, though not fully one. It has two parallel universes, and one of it involves some historical aspects (of a Korean emperor and his empire), albeit fictional.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sageukhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King:_Eternal_Monarch 

The romance fantasy tells the story of people who exist in two parallel universes of a fictional Korean empire, and a modern world similar to today’s South Korea.

Source: 1

The-King-sageuk.png

• Like 10

Was anyone annoyed at Kim Go Eun's on-off bangs in between scenes? :wacko:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@scrawford  don't let what others say get you down. There will always be people who are looking to pick hole in something. That's why I didn't read anything about the first episode until I could watch it myself. After all it's about weather or not it hooks me not what others think. I have been disappointed in a lot of K drama shows recently so I am not one who automatically jumps on the K drama band wagon but I loved this show here is my take for what it's worth.

My review:

Rarely does the hype about a drama live up to it’s reality.  We expect so much so when the first episode air we are almost always  disappointed. Well this time I am not disappointed. In fact the first episode took my breath away. From the opening theme song till the last moment I was on the edge of my seat. This has everything I want in a drama. There were the opening suspenseful scenes when the plot is introduced. It hooked me right away with the emotional death of the king’s father. We see the kings’ traumatic experiences relating to his father’s murder and his assent to the throne. We are introduced to the young boy who will grow to be his closest confidant in a way that explains why they will be so close.  The bond that is built between these two characters masterfully unfolds in just a few short scenes as we are treated to the beginning of what I predict will be a great bromance, When we shift into present day in the two parallel universes the writer introduces even more suspense to keep us guessing. Is there a character that has a match in the parallel world? Is there only one real king as his parallel was killed by the villain in our Korea? The plot is moving so fast that thank God the writers introduce elements that humanize the king and allow us to catch our breath. We learn that the kings’ old nurse maid hides charms that will help him find love. The king and the captain of the guard have playful exchanges that show just how close and deep their relationship is.  In modern day Korea we meet a woman detective who is just a quirky enough badass to be interesting. It all unfolds in a masterful way with an excellent soundtrack, effects and visuals. My one complaint is that I can’t binge watch this and will have to wait each week to see what unfolds. Does The King: The Eternal Monarch deliver? My answer is yes and then some. This is the must see drama of the year.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, serendipity... said:

Of course hop right in! More the merrier :D welcome to #LeeGonFairies. Our sole objective is to love, care, adore lee gon and also protect him if time spares lol

Omo, have we decided our names? LeeGonFairies? Back in the days when Faith was around, we were faithlings. :smirk:

@adrienne lol nope, I don’t seem to mind it. She has bangs in every scene but it’s usually styled to the side of her face. 

• Like 8

I hope BBQ chicken are paying LMH a lot because he certainly did a great job for them on this episode! And wasn’t the ginseng that the cop was having the same brand LMH advertises!

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Just done watching ep 2. I fast forward for Goblins, then drop Mr. S. I guess The King has a spot in my heart. I feel cringy everytime LG says those lines to woo JTE but I enjoy watching them so much. I'm just smiling with hearteyes mode during those scenes. Seriously... how could KGE can hold her feeling. Respect! If I were her I would faint on the spot. My heartbeat rate goes up pretty high! I'm affraid at this rate I could get a heart attack. KES is really something! She does know how to flutter my heart with those cheesy but witty lines. 

Well... please ignore my fangirl moments up there. Let's talk about the storyline. As how JTE is pretty confused and can't believe LG. I do wonder how could her nametag was brought to his world when she was even still 5 at that time. The drama surely has a series of questions as their homework to solve. Who could be LG's saviour? Perhaps, hmmmm... nope. I have no idea at all but I still love watching the show. My mind and heart is bewitched on how gorgeous LMH is. LOL 

Okay.. I better get some sleep. It will make my brain cells work better the next morning. 

P. S. Eun Sup is much fun than Young. Well I like how he ends up agreeing to LG's orders. I like that dialect accent. Sound like satori?? Hmm... 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Libraries will have more readers and customers if they hire models like king. He defines what pretty privilege is.:blush: I have read kim eun sook is fond of handsome actors. I am not surprised that she is praising him a lot in drama and well yeah he is handsome,. i am so jealous.. :bawling:

Ok coming to episode. It was more light heart compared to yesterday, but i would've liked if they have cleared some doubts. But 14 episodes are there for clearing them. Hoping rating would increase though. And hope reactions are positive for episode.  We have seen yesterday second half increased more, despite the competition in second half.   So yes viewers will watch if product is good! 

Fast pacing is good because people these days like fast paced dramas and dragging is not necessary. They quickly moving the romance and both look so good together. They have great chemistry!

Lee min ho just oozes charisma and kim go eun really impressed me. I was not that much impressed by woo do hwan yesterday, but today he was good at comic scenes.

So he spend all the money from diamonds. Rofl crazy spending even for a rich. He is acting like those celebs who go bankrupt lol.

Clearly black magic is involved and evil uncle use magic to do harm more. And korean mother is shown. SO did they found korean's lee gon  body ( i forgot his name in korea )?  And uncle could use magic from the very start, when he came to korea from corea!

I am confused how yard hotel owner can afford those luxury cars? lol.

Lee gon is very good with words and they have great effect on every strong headed queen. I wish she really becomes his queen at the end!

I feel Lee gon will have magical abilities as well!

The drama has done it's job to hookup the viewers for next week but i wish there was some cliffhanger at the end to make sure more viewers watch it next week!

Good drama so far!

edit- guys ignore hate comments here!

• Like 12
  • Love 1

wow , I love guy that greet with a hug , kiss 

these day we only greet with 5e9b42b255d4f842320281.gif?download

# That was a greeting :D
15872328701587232854.gif

15872330751587233062.gif

15872331661587233160.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, sd24 said:

this is first time where a hero is not looking gud in miltary clothes due to weak body physique . it s similar to drama where jo jung suk looked awesome being bodyguard whereas mainlead lee seungi didnt carry the military costume or attitude well.i dont even know why ratings r jumping tnx to corona lockdown i guess. i prefer goblin hero as both were dashing and perfect for role plus movie like cinematography n direction

I guess you’re alone on this one. They all look great! 

feel Lee gon will have magical abilities as well!

@Deepakmahajan confirmed. The trailer for next week shows he can stop time. :D 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I guess you’re alone on this one. They all look great! 

Is it do to the flute? But don't give away to many details haven't watched episode 2 yet Will do it next hour

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Thank you for  This ^^^.. Kim Eun sook knows what she is doing here. She is doing it for 2 decades know as top writer! That's why i said no need to panic for ratings. Once everything is established and after plot development, ratings will jump to huge number by 4th week at most!:blush:

Interesting development i must say!  Magical ability to fight evil uncle who looks very powerful right now. If he can stop time, than he can go in past too to change the events to make present better! Parallel universe was good enough, but time angle thrown it. It is recipe of international blockbuster! People love such themes. Atleast i love it!:heart:

And product placement haha. But it's ok , i don't mind them if they select actors as endorsement models. We will see increase in cf deals of leads in few weeks!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Is it do to the flute? But don't give away to many details haven't watched episode 2 yet Will do it next hour

Omo, I’m so sorry you saw that! Will edit to put in spoilers. I won’t repeat the same mistake from now on. :(

@Deepakmahajan I’m in for anything she throws at us, as long as she can explain it hehehe :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Thank you for  This ^^^.. Kim Eun sook knows what she is doing here. She is doing it for 2 decades know as top writer! That's why i said no need to panic for ratings. Once everything is established and after plot development, ratings will jump to huge number by 4th week at most!

Interesting development i must say!  Magical ability to fight evil uncle who looks very powerful right now. If he can stop time, than he can go in past too to change the events to make present better! Parallel universe was good enough, but time angle thrown it. It is recipe of international blockbuster! People love such themes. Atleast i love it!

The same here. I am a sucker for time-travel and suspense and figuring out narratives. Time-travel is one of my favourite genres  

@Heretorant

I was asking a question but wanted your answer without you giving away to much:D You didn't spoil anything

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

4 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

The same here. I am a sucker for time-travel and suspense and figuring out narratives. Time-travel is one of my favourite genres  

@Heretorant

I was asking a question but wanted your answer without you giving away to much:D You didn't spoil anything

Ohhhhh hahaha :lol:. I have no idea yet, it hasn’t been revealed. We’ll all find out next week hehehe. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am confused shouldn’t she ask , how she is a lieutenant for 25 years :D

15872339491587233944.gif

15872341321587234119.gif

15872346641587234651.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

Reading through the thread. @scrawfordwhere are you reading all the k-netizens criticism, aren't they in Korean language or perhaps you read Korean? (Sorry)

I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st episode, exceeded my expectations. Loved the graphics and the cinematography. The bamboo forest is beautiful and the photography is breathtaking.  The stained glass falling, just beautiful. High quality drama. The visuals were great, the rowing competition shots excellent. The drama went on smoothly. Perhaps there should have been an intro explaining there is a parallel universe since viewers were confused but I had no problems following where they were, whether Corea or Korea though at the first time, I thought the subtitles were wrong when it showed Corea. The body supposed to be Lee Rim that washed up from the sea was the double that Lee Rim killed. I liked the relationship between grandma , KDW and LMH. LMH looked great rowing and boy he can run after rabbit. :D:D. Someone mentioned that no one batted at eyelid at a handsome man on a white horse. I thought they did, many gaped but others might think it is a K-drama. On the whole satisfying.

It was interesting, the left or right side of his neck debate among all of you, I did not even notice. I will keep an eye during the next viewing of the King.

Second episode was cute, the King with his antics in Korea, still kingly and unfazed (like Choi Young) and able to understand what happened quite easily not not quite a fish out of water. Smart guy, he had through his mathematical studies anticipated a similar universe. However, he can't get rid his expectation of being treated as the monarch he is even though he should be well aware, he is an unknown entity in Korea. He knows the value of stuff and buys the best stuff and lives in the best hotel but alas, his money does not last long and he ends up homeless in front of KGE's home. :wub:. So embarrassing, LMH portrays a king to perfection. He is so comfortable with all the ladies falling for him in Korea. KGE friends asking her not to let him go. He is a real catch. He should be a beggar in the parallel universe. Where is LG in Korea? There is speculation among you that he is the savior. LMH was not supposed to have a dual role in this drama. I think Lee Rim killed the young LG in Korea where he failed in Corea. That is my opinion but we will see. The mystery deepens. I am not sure who Luna is that you all are referring to. She is the rabbit but who is Luna? And who is Kim Bok Gun. 2nd viewing may explain that part of the mystery.   So LG proposed to KGE to be his queen even when he is shocked at her uncouth behavior towards him. Not what he expected after 25 years. So far so good. Waiting for next week

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Lee Min Ho has a thing with his leading lady's ponytail :joy:

Spoiler

Considering the extremely crazy situation he is in, he sounded pretty sensible up until this point. But then he had to go "This must be your Queen. Take me to meet her:tounge_xd:

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • LOL 15

ep 2 is more like introducing the characters but i can't wait to dive more into the mystery and fantasy part of the drama. it seems like lee gon would stay at republic of korea for a longer time while he solve the mystery of portal and tae eul's id ,issued id in 1994 so someone definitely time travelled so the question is who saved and time travelled? But if they will push future lee gon to be the saver of 1994 lee gon then they would open the time loop in the narrative.

this is what you call--speed:lol:

ImageImage

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Yes oppa , you’re, who you are :wub:

ID is for normal people :D, for back stage only :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

15872363341587236320.gif

15872365241587236519.gif

15872365911587236587.gif