• The first kiss scene after the first crossing into his world
    • The 1st goodbye kiss in ROK
    • The 2nd Goodbye kiss in ROK
    • The beheading kiss scene/inconsiderate scene
    • Post saving kiss scene
    • Episode 10 kiss by future LG
    • Reunion kiss scene
    • CCTV kiss scene
  2. 2. What type of setting and world do you want TKEM S2 to take place in?

• post-World war 3 in the year 2050s in ROK where Korea is turned into dystopia (LGXJTE and Lee JunXJTR team up to save ROK)
    • Should take place in the far future where LGXJTE fight evil forces from the year 2784 with assistance from Lee JunXJTR
    • Should remain and fight injustice in the currently timeline with additional arc for JTR-LJH
    • Do you want it to take place instead in the far-past going way back to the beginning of Korea like 10.000BC back
    • Do you want them to go further back in time like 30.000-50.000 BC
  3. 3. Do you want shower scenes in the S2 & PG13 or R-Rated?

• Yes plenty of shower scenes please
    • No to shower scenes
    • Yes I will take 1-2 Shower scenes
    • Should S2 remain PG13
    • Should S2 become R-rated in the sequel

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/26/2020 at 04:38 AM

27 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I am 100% convinced Lee Gon’s savior is himself. I might eat my words later but everything from the silhouette down to the hands, the eyes, the shape of his side face even and the way he kneels is spot on LMH. Hahahaha. Watch it get revealed later and it’s not, I’ll be embarrassed to call myself a fan. 

Yes, I agree.  The question for me is which LMH character is the savior??

Spoiler

b36741c3f76f5b76de83eb046304176d87f80e1b

• Like 5

I think the one holding the flute does not age only off in the other world. When the person is in the original world, he will age. Otherwise, that doesn’t explain why Lee Gon keeps aging when he also has the other half of the flute. 

Maybe Lee Rim stays in Korea most of the time and only comes to Corea that one time to recruit  back his minion. 

But that doesn’t explain the date of death of Lee Rim’s other self in Korea 1995/6/27

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Yes, I agree.  The question for me is which LMH character is the savior?

LMH in 2011, City Hunter. The cross over we never knew we needed :smirk:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

The person who saved Lee Gon as a child definitely must be Lee Gon from the future. I think the reason why he has the ID might be because at that time he might've already met Tae Eul and they were lovers or something and she gave him her ID before he went back to his world and the gates closed between their world. Maybe that's why he kept that ID on him. The ID he has on him is newer and has an older photo of her so maybe it's after her promotion. The title she has in that ID is Lieutenant. The ID is like a reminder of his love for her. Could be like a full circle thing. Only issue with this is, with time travel concern, there's a lot of plot hole like how did the older Lee Gon met her in the first place.

• Like 6

Okay ladies, I’m back!! Let’s shed some light regarding certain male bodies :wub:

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

The person who saved Lee Gon as a child definitely must be Lee Gon from the future. I think the reason why he has the ID might be because at that time he might've already met Tae Eul and they were lovers or something and she gave him her ID before he went back to his world and the gates closed between their world. Maybe that's why he kept that ID on him. The ID he has on him is newer and has an older photo of her so maybe it's after her promotion. The title she has in that ID is Lieutenant. The ID is like a reminder of his love for her. Could be like a full circle thing. Only issue with this is, with time travel concern, there's a lot of plot hole like how did the older Lee Gon met her in the first place.

Exactly what I’m left wondering. I am so curious to see how they met. If that theory holds truth, I am more interested in seeing the Lee Gon and JTE that came before than the couple we’re currently watching lol. Usually in dramas, we would get to see the first trial, not the second. If it is true that we are watching the second trial, I think a lot of things will be left unanswered. Also, the seal is still broken in the current story we’re watching so it’s unlikely that savior Lee Gon already closed the seal and only wanted to leave the ID as a way to remember his love from another world. 

39 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think the one holding the flute does not age only off in the other world. When the person is in the original world, he will age. Otherwise, that doesn’t explain why Lee Gon keeps aging when he also has the other half of the flute. 

Maybe Lee Rim stays in Korea most of the time and only comes to Corea that one time to recruit  back his minion. 

But that doesn’t explain the date of death of Lee Rim’s other self in Korea 1995/6/27

Interesting theory. Or perhaps it could be that Lee Gon holds the flute but does not use it because he doesn’t know if its powers. Lee Rim, on the other hand, uses the flute to his advantage. 

@Tessitone most of us are on the same page as you. We think future Lee Gon is the savior. How in the world? We have no idea lol.

I get you with Lee Rim. While he seems one dimensional because he’s definitely pure evil and only evil, he comes off as interesting. To me, it’s because he is willing to do anything for power so he’s a villain that I’m afraid of. He has potential to do anything and everything horrible and that’s what makes him scary. He appears to have no fear. And let’s not forget about his brilliant setup. Lee Gon has no idea he’s coming. The actor is also doing a great job delivering. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

If it is a parallel world plot, there are double characters for the same actor.

Kim Go Eun: Jong Tae-Eul, Luna.

Woo Do Hwan: King's bodyguard, public service worker.

Lee Rim: Royalty, wheelchair guy.

So how about Lee Min Ho's character? He is so far just 'The King' in Monarchy Korea, what about his identity in Dem-Korea?

• Like 5

Minho barefoot running scene

cr: moonshine IG

EV2xgECU8AERqPr?format=jpg&name=small

EV2xhGJUwAAym1l?format=jpg&name=small

EV2xiTHUcAA_i_i?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, 122am said:

So how about Lee Min Ho's character? He is so far just 'The King' in Monarchy Korea, what about his identity in Dem-Korea?

It’s the little child who got a hot poker to his hand to wave off Lee Rim. We weren’t shown his death so there’s a 50/50 chance he would be the savior of 1994 Lee Gon after traveling through time.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, 122am said:

I think it was that little boy in that wheelchair guy's home. Seems royalty lee rim killed him. 

Anneoyong chingus. Im back. Looking forward to TKEM

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Minho barefoot running scene

cr: moonshine IG

I have heard these old wives tales that giving shoes to someone means they’re gonna walk away from you. I really hope, Lee Gon isn’t going to walk away from his favorite bodyfriend (word play on body guard and boyfriend :P ) because there’s so much potential between them.

48 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Yes, I agree.  The question for me is which LMH character is the savior??

Reveal hidden contents

I’m betting it’s future Lee Gon from Korea. If I don’t win I’ll do anything you guys ask me to do :w00t:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hi ladies, it’s been a crazy 24 hours. I watch the episode 1 twice! And I won’t get into review since there are so many of them already and they are all intriguing and I have fun reading every single one of them. All I can say is I love it and I’m excited to see how Kim Eun sook will unfold the story. 

I already want to cry thinking about Lee Go and Ta eul. In that one scene where they walk and held hands, I think Ta Eul said “will I see you again Lee Gon/see you again Lee Gon” (somebody confirm this). So maybe he will have to go back in time? To save ta eul/their relationship?

And for those wondering about the scar. There is one comment from DML and I’m gonna copy paste it, if not allowed let me know and I will pharaphrase it. 

At the beginning I thought that too, so I did watch the scene again, and again. If you look carefully they make a close up when Lee Lim is cutting his nice neck, and he is usisng his left hand, you can also see the boy's right ear when this is happening. That means the scar is on the right side. Look at 10:26”

I did check the scene again with my hubby and what it looks like to us is that Lee rim used his left hand to pinned him against the wall and used his right hand to slit his throat from left to right. But by the time they zoom it in he is already done.

maybe somebody can make the gif from the 10:26 scene.

or unless the kids got switch from Dem Korea to monarch Korea. 

Hope this helps :)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

Posted (edited)

I’m aching to create a thread for the Gon Jo ship but I know that’s a suicidal mission because there’s so many hints pointing at their separation. :bawling:

42 minutes ago, scrawford said:

or unless the kids got switch from Dem Korea to monarch Korea. 

Hope this helps :)

Okay this broke a new perspective in me.

This is my theory. The kids got switched, when Lee Gon passed out with the ID, someone switched them. Because that wound was on his left side but when they grew up it’s on his right side. I wasn’t going to raise any eyebrows for this cuz I thought it was bad editing but seems like our sherlock holmes chingus here are discussing it to be a potential plot hole.

Don't ask me how they got switched. They did, I dunno how—

oH OH OHHHH

Maybe it’s Lee Gon from Kingdom who came to save his own self in 1994 !! This is confusing me so MUCH.

Maybe he traveled through time to save himself, because after watching City Hunter I’m more than 100% positive that it’s Lee Minho’s profile who came to save the prince.

OHMYGAWD THIS IS CONFUSING ME !!:blink:

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 17. 9:20 PM

"The King" records overwhelming rating right from the very first episode

9-BBFD76-D-5-C24-4383-9968-FDFF61-A6-F06

The King

The drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" hit the rating of 10% right in episode 1.

According to viewership research agency Nielsen Korea on April 18, the first episode of the Fri-Sat drama ''The King: Eternal Monarch'' (SBS) broadcast on April 17 recorded a two-digit viewership rating. Part 1 of the episode earned a rating of 11.4% while part 2 achieved 12.9% (following the standard of metropolitan areas), taking the lead among dramas aired in the same time slot. The rating among viewers aged 20~49, the main target of advertisers, reached 6.7%. Episode 1 of ''The King'' broke the highest record regarding the first episodes of Fri-Sat dramas on SBS. Also, there's even a moment hitting the highest rating of 14% (part 2 standard), proving the sensation of Kim Eun Sook's signature dramas.

The 1st episode opened with the image of Prince Imperial Geun Lee Rim (played by Lee Jung Shin) - the half-brother of the previous King Lee Ho (played by Kwon Yul) of the Great Korean Empire and also Lee Gon's (played by Lee Min Ho) uncle - conspiring against the King. He seized the Man Pa Sik Chuk flute carrying the meaning "the two worlds". Afterward, the flute was broken in half, and Lee Rim only took only half of it then opened the "door of the parallel world". After 25 years, King of the Great Korean Empire Lee Gon - who was holding the other half of the Man Pa Sik Chuk flute - went through the parallel world and came to the Republic of Korea. Here, he had a fateful encounter with female police officer Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) - the woman in the ID card dropped by a mysterious man who appeared in the night the treason took place 25 years ago. The episode ended with Lee Gon's affectionate hug for Jung Tae Eul.

Scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook succeeded in creating a thrilling yet intriguing story, which makes the audience unable to take their eyes off right from the first episode through the parallel world-themed romantic-fictional drama. Moreover, directors Baek Sang Hoon and Jung Ji Hyun hinted a "surprisingly captivating drama" by revealing beautiful and emotional footage thanks to their meticulous and delicate directing skills. Notably, the "reliable and worth-watching" cast including Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Jung Eun Chae, and Lee Jung Jin also brought life to the characters in the drama.

At the end of this episode, Lee Gon, the King of the Great Korean Empire, arrived in the Republic of Korea beyond the parallel world. Here, the image of him excitedly embracing Jung Tae Eul, a female police officer of the Republic of Korea, right after seeing her, aroused viewers' curiosity. After riding a white horse to Gwanghwamun through streets from the Great Korean Empire, Lee Gon saw officer Jung Tae Eul, who was trying to restrain him. Looking shocked through his eyes, Lee Gon dismounted from the horse, then approached Jung Tae Eul, and hugged her, saying, "Finally, I meet you, Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul", while Jung Tae Eul could not hide her perplexity with her eyes wide open, thereby making viewers curious about the relationship between the two in the future.

Episode 2 of "The King: Eternal Monarch" will broadcast at 10 pm (KST) April 18.

Reporter Hwang Ji Young /hwang.jeeyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

This is my theory. The kids got switched, when Lee Gon passed out with the ID, someone switched them. Because that wound was on his left side but when they grew up it’s on his right side. I wasn’t going to raise any eyebrows for this cuz I thought it was bad editing but seems like our sherlock holmes chingus here are discussing it to be a potential plot hole.

oH OH OHHHH

Maybe it’s Lee Gon from Kingdom who came to save his own self in 1994 !! This is confusing me so MUCH.

Maybe he traveled through time to save himself, because after watching City Hunter I’m more than 100% positive that it’s Lee Minho’s profile who came to save the prince.

Hahaha, I have so much fun reading everyone’s theories. 

I’m going to debunk the theory about them getting switched, however. Lee Gon is so aware of what he went through as a child, no one can even come close to touching his neck. It’s definitely scarred him, quite literally and emotionally. The chances are slim so I’m going to stick with he is the real king. :D

Refer to @scrawford’s post on the previous page if you want a little insight on why the scar may be on the right side. I don’t think we ever got to witness Lee Rim slice Lee Gon’s neck. We saw the ending position of bamboo. He could have sliced from right to left hence why the scar is on the right side. This probably is the editor’s fault. 

How he was able to save himself? I don’t know but he did... 

I love how we’ve all totally rewrote the script! It’s so much fun! Writer Kim should be tuning in to this thread to get ideas hahaha.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

oH OH OHHHH

It could be Just camera angle and it made it look like it’s the other side got hurt ?

but what I meant by switching the kid from Korea to corea, if he switched them then he had to make them look identical and he knows Lee Gon would had a neck scaring. And maybe when he did it, he did the wrong side? 

Plus the camera seems to have a couple of not 3 close up of the neck wound. Is that a hint that it’s not the same Lee Gon? 

Idk... hehe I love it and I want more. 

27 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hahaha, I have so much fun reading everyone’s theories. 

I’m going to debunk the theory about them getting switched, however. Lee Gon is so aware of what he went through as a child, no one can even come close to touching his neck. It’s definitely scarred him, quite literally and emotionally. The chances are slim so I’m going to stick with he is the real king. :D

Refer to @scrawford’s post on the previous page if you want a little insight on why the scar may be on the right side. I don’t think we ever got to witness Lee Rim slice Lee Gon’s neck. We saw the ending position of bamboo. He could have sliced from right to left hence why the scar is on the right side. This probably is the editor’s fault. 

How he was able to save himself? I don’t know but he did... 

I love how we’ve all totally rewrote the script! It’s so much fun! Writer Kim should be tuning in to this thread to get ideas hahaha.

The switched is definitely on the bottom of the totem pole. I put my money into the first theory. We witness the slicing at the end. So it seems like he was hurting the left side, but it was actually the right :)

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 6

Well to be perfectly honest, I expected this drama to be a universe challenging drama, not TIME TRAVELING !! 

I’m creating the most wildest, weirdest theories only by watching the first episode. I have come to accept the fact that when a body isn’t shown the character hasn’t died (it apparently didn’t work on Veronica Mars but I haven’t lost hope) and if Lee Gon’s counterpart is supposed to be dead why give him a name?

Also the plot says “the Devil”. Is it Lee Rim?

• Like 5

I checked 10:26, and yes, confirmed that he used his left hand to stick the broken flute into right side of Lee Gon’s neck. View is from top right, can see his right ear. Later on when Lee Gon’s hands dropped to his side, can also see that it was Lee Rim’s right hand pushing Lee Gon’s body against the pillar and left hand holding the flute. 

I’d say bad editing (directing too?) leading to the actual action that confuses so many of us. Thanks @scrawford for sharing that observation. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, Helena said:

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 17. 9:20 PM

"The King" records overwhelming rating right from the very first episode

The King

The drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" hit the rating of 10% right in episode 1.

According to viewership research agency Nielsen Korea on April 18, the first episode of the Fri-Sat drama ''The King: Eternal Monarch'' (SBS) broadcast on April 17 recorded a two-digit viewership rating. Part 1 of the episode earned a rating of 11.4% while part 2 achieved 12.9% (following the standard of metropolitan areas), taking the lead among dramas aired in the same time slot. The rating among viewers aged 20~49, the main target of advertisers, reached 6.7%. Episode 1 of ''The King'' broke the highest record regarding the first episodes of Fri-Sat dramas on SBS. Also, there's even a moment hitting the highest rating of 14% (part 2 standard), proving the sensation of Kim Eun Sook's signature dramas.

The 1st episode opened with the image of Prince Imperial Geun Lee Rim (played by Lee Jung Shin) - the half-brother of the previous King Lee Ho (played by Kwon Yul) of the Great Korean Empire and also Lee Gon's (played by Lee Min Ho) uncle - conspiring against the King. He seized the Man Pa Sik Chuk flute carrying the meaning "the two worlds". Afterward, the flute was broken in half, and Lee Rim only took only half of it then opened the "door of the parallel world". After 25 years, King of the Great Korean Empire Lee Gon - who was holding the other half of the Man Pa Sik Chuk flute - went through the parallel world and came to the Republic of Korea. Here, he had a fateful encounter with female police officer Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) - the woman in the ID card dropped by a mysterious man who appeared in the night the treason took place 25 years ago. The episode ended with Lee Gon's affectionate hug for Jung Tae Eul.

Scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook succeeded in creating a thrilling yet intriguing story, which makes the audience unable to take their eyes off right from the first episode through the parallel world-themed romantic-fictional drama. Moreover, directors Baek Sang Hoon and Jung Ji Hyun hinted a "surprisingly captivating drama" by revealing beautiful and emotional footage thanks to their meticulous and delicate directing skills. Notably, the "reliable and worth-watching" cast including Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Jung Eun Chae, and Lee Jung Jin also brought life to the characters in the drama.

At the end of this episode, Lee Gon, the King of the Great Korean Empire, arrived in the Republic of Korea beyond the parallel world. Here, the image of him excitedly embracing Jung Tae Eul, a female police officer of the Republic of Korea, right after seeing her, aroused viewers' curiosity. After riding a white horse to Gwanghwamun through streets from the Great Korean Empire, Lee Gon saw officer Jung Tae Eul, who was trying to restrain him. Looking shocked through his eyes, Lee Gon dismounted from the horse, then approached Jung Tae Eul, and hugged her, saying, "Finally, I meet you, Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul", while Jung Tae Eul could not hide her perplexity with her eyes wide open, thereby making viewers curious about the relationship between the two in the future.

Episode 2 of "The King: Eternal Monarch" will broadcast at 10 pm (KST) April 18.

Reporter Hwang Ji Young /hwang.jeeyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home 

Everyone, I think we got our answer! The savior is a guy! 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Everyone, I think we got our answer! The savior is a guy! 

But this is written by a reporter, whose status is the same as us viewers, meaning not official information, only interpretation... and the ID tag was not even dropped, but snatched by Lee Gon. 

Anyway, I do believe it’s a guy based on height and built. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1