Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syntyche

[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

Just for fun I decided to write out the bedroom scene from Ep. 12, including its, ahem, logical conclusion. I wrote out the entire scene for continuity, so you'll be familiar with the first part.  I toned it down, as Soompi has a policy banning explicit sexual content. Definitely sexual but not very explicit, in my opinion. 

Spoiler

Tae-eul was recovering well from the injuries she incurred during her fight to free herself from the kidnappers and her subsequent flight from Lee Lim’s men. After rescuing her, the King had carried her to his chambers and laid her on his own bed, where she had been recovering for the past few days. Finally her bandages had been removed and they had made their first foray out, visiting her dear friend Eun-sup in the hospital and then walking together, going to the church where Lee Gon’s parents had been married. A priest there had kindly taken their picture together. 

Late that same evening, dressed in pajamas in a steel gray color, she sat up in bed while one of the court doctors took her temperature and applied soothing ointment to her still slightly bruised knuckles. Gon watched from the other side of the room. He was wearing brownish burgundy-colored silk pajamas and a matching lounge robe over them. The doctor turned to go, and Gon heard him admonish Tae-eul that, with the antibiotics she was taking, not to drink any alcohol. When the King looked questioningly at him, he said, “Well, she asked about it...” 

As soon as the doctor left, Gon walked over to her, scolding, “Alcohol??”

She hastily replied, “It’s just for disinfection. I was just going to have one glass. It’ll help with my blood circulation and let me recover quickly.” Gon only sighed and clasped his hands behind him. He’d been acting as nursemaid-in-chief, making sure everything that could be done was done in order to speed her recovery. As he continued staring at her, she tried to stave off a further disapproving comment by saying, “I suddenly feel exhausted. You should go. I’m going to get some sleep,” and began to lay down on her side, facing away from him.

But Gon crisply informed her, “I told you numerous times that this is my room.”

She sat back up again, smiling a little shyly, saying, “Oh, right.” Quickly recovering herself, she asked, “Then where have you been sleeping?”

He sat down on the bed, looking at her, and replied, “Here.”

“Here?” Puzzled, she looked around at the bed and added, “…How?”

“Next to you while you slept.” He briefly looked beyond her at the empty side of the bed, adding, “It’s a big bed, you know.” 

Shocked, she slapped him on the shoulder, shouting, “Have you lost your mind!” But then she immediately drew back and put her hand to her mouth, realizing one was not supposed to slap the King. Again recovering herself, she continued, “No wonder! People were giving me strange looks.”

While they had been talking the weather turned stormy, and finally lightning struck. Gon gasped in pain, grabbing his other shoulder as he felt the mysterious, glowing scar there. Not understanding what had happened to him, she chuckled, “Don’t overreact. I didn’t even hit you that hard.”

Bent over in pain, he panted, “My shoulder is hurting, like I’ve been burned.” Turning his head to look at her, he explained, “The scar that Yeong mentioned last time.”

“Really? Let me see. Where is it?” She reached for his shoulder and peeled back his pajama top to expose his right shoulder.  She couldn’t see anything there at first, but as she looked another bolt of lightning struck and the scar instantly reappeared, making Gon wince again in pain. Seeing the strange, luminous scar spread itself on his shoulder, Tae-eul put her hands to her mouth in shock, asking, “What is it?!”

“I think it’s a side effect of crossing the road of thunder and lightning.” Concerned for her, he asked, “What about you? Aren’t you hurting?” ,

“No, I feel fine.” She unbuttoned the top of her shirt and uncovered her shoulder, asking, “Look, do I have a scar too?” She leaned forward so he could look there. 

Watching her unbutton part of her top had immediately aroused him. Taken aback by the intensity of his own response, he quickly turned his head away, saying, “Oh, you startled me.” 

She kept her shoulder bared, telling him, “You can see that much in the summer, you know.” Putting her hand on his arm she invited him again, “Look properly.”

But he shrugged her hand off and kept looking away, replying, “You’re unbelievable.” Didn’t she know what she was doing to him? And then he admitted to himself how hard it was to resist what he was feeling, muttering, “This hurts even more.” He realized he should do something, so he took a quick glance and told her she didn’t have a scar.

“I don’t?” Covering her shoulder again, she asked, “Then is it a random thing?”

Briefly recovering himself and thinking about the scar phenomenon, he replied, “It’s strange. This means the rule of traveling between worlds has been broken.”

She wondered, “What about this? The phrase we use when cursing bad people. ‘You deserve to get struck by lightning.’”

With dry humor and a slightly put-out expression, he told her, “I really wanted to stop beheading people.”

But she only stretched out her neck, holding her chin up, and dared him, “Go ahead and try me.”

With that beautiful neck offered to him, Gon didn’t resist any further. He leaned over and grazed his lips across the side of her neck, then looked at her, inches from her face. She began, “Hey, that’s…” 

But he stopped her by kissing her lips. He paused, staying very close to those lips that he loved, saying, “I’m sure I told you that you could be beheaded for addressing me with ‘hey,’ ‘this’ or ‘that.’” 

He tilted his head to one side, preparing for another kiss. She was stirred by his kisses and at the same time was a little nervous by how close he was to her. She cleared her throat and sat back a little. But he had decided to be “less considerate” this time, as he had previously promised her. He put his hand on the back of her neck and leaned in for a longer kiss. She started to put one hand up as if preparing to push him away but then yielded to the kiss of the man she had come to love. 

After their kiss he paused, and with his forehead nearly touching hers, he looked at her and saw a look of willingness and dawning passion in her eyes. Putting his hand on the side of her face, he gazed at her lips, tenderly brushing them with his thumb. He leaned forward and kissed her again, very passionately, pushing both of them down onto the pillow and resting his chest on hers, feeling her body press into him. 

Lee Gon had read about sexuality and had had a little sexual experience in his teenage years, but he had approached it dispassionately, almost as a scientific experiment. But he had never been in love. Now he was almost overcome with passion for this woman. He rolled to one side of her, and with her head resting on one of his arms, he began to unbutton her pajama top and drew it back, exposing her shoulder and upper chest. Her eyes expressed her openness to him and she put her hand up to touch his face, stroking his cheek tenderly, saying, “Gon, I don’t know much about this, what to do.”

In a husky voice he told her, “We’ll find out together,” and moved her hair aside to kiss her again on the neck, then moved to her shoulder, kissing the part that aroused him earlier, then moved further down. They slowly undressed as they kissed and caressed, often eliciting little gasps and moans in their shared intimacy. Tae-eul was as eager as he was, once she had decided to give herself fully to him. Finally they joined and moved together in that ancient rhythm of love, both of them eventually experiencing blissful release.

Afterward they lay together, a bit tired, especially Tae-eul who was still recovering her energy. Gon started to chuckle to himself, amazed at what he had just experienced. Tae-eul wondered aloud what was there to laugh about, but he only pulled her into a lazy kiss and told her, “Thank you, that was wonderful. I’m deferring your beheading.” She smiled slyly and replied, “I thought you were never going to stop being considerate.” Murmuring a few more of their rather eccentric lovers’ endearments and smiling contentedly, they fell asleep in each other’s arms and slept deeply until morning.

• Like 8
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 3

52 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@SweetButters It could be that, but my bet is on he travel back to the past to change the future. Im still hoping for a beautiful solution, but don't want to get my hopes high as well :)

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Maybe @SweetButters should explain this, she's the one who can see through like an x-ray. :lol:

52 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Alright. So regarding the spoiler provided by @SweetButters, I have zoomed in and out many times, looked at all corners, people, even the stuff the lady is holding ( i even thought her hand was LMH’s left hand and he was holding bags of rice for a split second :joy: ) then I realized “no, it’s not his hand because seems like the lady is blocking it”. Then I looked at the ground. Maybe a ring fell down there. But I still don’t see anything except the FLOWERS OF DOOM..:crazy::lol:

@scrawford @Alice Wonderland @vangsweetie637 Hahah ok so my X-ray eyes see the following:

1) Uniform in spoiler vs uniform in the past when she graduated or whatever aren't the same :ph34r:

Spoiler

The cuffs are different. So I looked it up lol. Usually when you receive a higher ranking in the police force, you get additional pins and stripes on near your wrist cuff. So on the left which is the new scene they're filming you see JTE's uniform now has new stripes on it vs the one on the right which is from when she first graduated or whatever  does not have any lol 

YH0iYIF.jpg

2) Flower of Doom? Where's His hand? lol :joy:

Spoiler

so I circled the flowers which I think is probably flowers of glory after he wins the battle with LR and its around the same time as JTE is getting promoted from detective to senior inspector so now they're both having their "most glorious day" hahah. LG probably changed a bunch of things in the past so that they can finally have this moment . Oh and the arrow points to his hand haha

A4EMk2H.jpg

@AgentQuake oops I lost my marbles I meant right hand hahahahha

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

What if no one dies in the end but the saddest part is the time stopped forever and they only solution is to trap LR in one of the timeline where their is danger face him and that’s the time LG will destroy the portal for good with the four tigers sword and everything will comes back to normal. But of course! This all just all my stupid theories. Hahahahahaha. To be honest I’m feeling super sad becoz TKEM is near to its end. :dissapointed_relieved::bawling: This week I don’t feel excited for Friday and Saturday knowing that after episodes 13&14 it’s is real ending. I don’t know what to do. :heartbreak::weary::tired:

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Saengil chukahae Jeong Tae Eul, may your live full of happiness with oour beloved and inconsiderate King Lee Gon. May your story end with the happiness and a twins. 
once again, Happy Birthday Tae Eul-ah!

:kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 8

Hi, Guys,..I rewatched episode 1 last night. JTE and SJ interrogate LR. That's mean LR has been caught in ROK and the doors connected between ROK and KOC have been closed. My question is :

1. Why LR's interrogation was held in ROK? He should be send back to KOC to hv his punishment.

2. Does JTE return to ROK?

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Last thing because I can’t just help gushing some more, I believe everyone thought TKEM was going to be a cliche love story between a king and a commoner but boy did it defy the Cinderella story. LeeEul sets the bar high for all OTP following. 

Same!  I hate Cinderella stories because of the power imbalance - from a modern day storytelling point of view, it's really painful to watch, especially because it's almost always the girl who is "saved" by the boy. 

Instead, we have a fully developed and happy FL who basically saves the King who has everything, and never once do they not feel like equals.  The "damsel in distress" scene was done PERFECTLY.  This is a story that has done feminism right, from TE and LG being truly equals despite their societal status, from the fully developed female friendships, from JTE being a tomboy, PM being ultra femme, and the story telling us that both are OKAY.   PM isn't evil because she's jealous of Cinderella, she's evil because society and parliament have made her feel ashamed about her gender, her status, her wealth...she's sick of them all and wants to claim her spot at the top. 

I also love that LG figured out early on that JTE isn't impressed by any material goods and wealth, and instead treasures booze, food, and that little stupid teddy bear he spent half a diamond on.  Any other gold digger would've immediately been excited over the expensive horse, and the diamonds.  That just made her MORE annoyed.  The one thing she couldn't get over though, was a steak bowl.

Same girl, same.

• Like 6
  • Love 12

Though I'm a bit late...

Happy Birthday, Kim Goeun!!!

EY9Ax38U4AAFfN4.jpg:small

KEM11-01545.jpgEpisode 11&12 is super duper mega GREAT!!! This is what we look for! Too bad it means the end is near!

Episode 11

KEM11-01254.jpg

I roared "yay!" When yoyo boy let TE escape! So he is a balance keeper, or some sort. I haven't back read.

Ep11~ (recap) Before leaving, Luna asks why the yo-yo string is red to which the kid replies they strung it themselves.

~~~ red string of fate??

too bad though that they made everyone from the bookstore dead. I think at least one should be alive and ask for information if any, like that guy who missed his last dinner.

Ep12~ The pain/marks on those who traveled/cross over are only those whose their counterparts are dead, right? Cause TE didn't. 

• Like 10

Studio Dragon Continues Overseas Demand amid Media Crisis-SK

"With the effect of the drama, "The King: Eternal Monarch," we expect the growth in the overseas sales of Studio Dragon to double in the second quarter, with 9% year-on-year increase of sales to 139.7 billion won and operating profit to 12.9 billion won, up 19.7% from the same period last year," he said. "We need to pay attention to the factors of opportunity given to this company in the future, rather than the difficulty of the media sector."

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01502246625773184&mediaCodeNo=257&OutLnkChk=Y

• Like 6
  • Awesome 13
  • Thanks 2

I just...realized we all focused on LMH and the FOOD.  Rather than KGE in the back.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

Besides I hope the writer wouldn't give us ending likes the following:

1. My Love From The Stars.

That's ending is purposely made to fulfill audience wishes. To me, it is not a happy ending because the lovers are separated apart....

2. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

The ending part of this drama is really sad. IU only can view his lover from gallery...

KES must give us happy ending...

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Maybe SBS will demand it to be a happy ending since they want the drama to be loved an not cursed by everyone?... hehehe... she can play the not-happy-ending card with paid tv but not public tv broadcast? We can only hope :D

I wonder, can this tread surpass 1,000 pages by the end of its run? One episode now generate over 100 pages of comments, so with another 4 episodes = 400 pages... 1k page seemed like a piece of cake :lol:

Maybe people have time due to Covid19 restrictions? Heee

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

I have a feeling at the end, in order to the portals to be closed and everything back to the way it's supposed to, they have to be separated.  Either LG or JTE's memories would have to be erased too.  It has to be only one of them remembers.  Based on the interogation scene on ep 1, my take it's JTE who doesn't remember.  I could be wrong. :blink:  My head hurts with all the possibilities.  :crazy:

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

Besides I hope the writer wouldn't give us ending likes the following:

1. My Love From The Stars.

That's ending is purposely made to fulfill audience wishes. To me, it is not a happy ending because the lovers are separated apart....

2. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

The ending part of this drama is really sad. IU only can view his lover from gallery...

KES must give us happy ending...

I second this! 

Add this one to the list: 

3) Queen in hyun’s man - I still wonder until this day how the phone just magically worked and brought him back to the present. Obviously saying god granted them their wish. But it’s a cheap way out.

I need something logical! Solve the problem logically like a math equation and the result is JTE. Writer Kim better have a beautiful solution! 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

I wonder why LR makes the person kill their doppelganger?Is it to maintain control over them?:blink:..

• Like 7

@SweetButters wait..you mean to tell me I was SUPPOSED to also look at the lady behind LG and not just at LG’s hand? And that lady was TE and I didn’t even recognize her? 

giphy.gif

i need another drink first. Hold up.

tumblr_mih9ucU5pk1rf78apo1_500.gif

:joy:

edit:

@AgentQuake i swear I thought I was looking at bags of rice in that lady’s right hand. From my look, it almost seemed like LMH was holding it with his left hand since we were told to focus in on his left hand haha. I was like:

Spoiler

Oh..more pounding.. :w00t:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

42 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Studio Dragon Continues Overseas Demand amid Media Crisis-SK

"With the effect of the drama, "The King: Eternal Monarch," we expect the growth in the overseas sales of Studio Dragon to double in the second quarter, with 9% year-on-year increase of sales to 139.7 billion won and operating profit to 12.9 billion won, up 19.7% from the same period last year," he said. "We need to pay attention to the factors of opportunity given to this company in the future, rather than the difficulty of the media sector."

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01502246625773184&mediaCodeNo=257&OutLnkChk=Y

CAN YOU SAY IT LOUDER SO THE HATERS IN THE BACK CAN HEAR?

TKEM is suuuuchhhh a flop. Number 1 on wavve, number 9 on Netflix worldwide today and number 19 on Netflix worldwide for the year! I guess flop is the new success.  

They’re crushing it! 

:P

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 3