[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Though I'm a bit late...

Happy Birthday, Kim Goeun!!!

EY9Ax38U4AAFfN4.jpg:small

KEM11-01545.jpgEpisode 11&12 is super duper mega GREAT!!! This is what we look for! Too bad it means the end is near!

Episode 11

KEM11-01254.jpg

I roared "yay!" When yoyo boy let TE escape! So he is a balance keeper, or some sort. I haven't back read.

Ep11~ (recap) Before leaving, Luna asks why the yo-yo string is red to which the kid replies they strung it themselves.

~~~ red string of fate??

too bad though that they made everyone from the bookstore dead. I think at least one should be alive and ask for information if any, like that guy who missed his last dinner.

Ep12~ The pain/marks on those who traveled/cross over are only those whose their counterparts are dead, right? Cause TE didn't. 

• Like 10

Studio Dragon Continues Overseas Demand amid Media Crisis-SK

"With the effect of the drama, "The King: Eternal Monarch," we expect the growth in the overseas sales of Studio Dragon to double in the second quarter, with 9% year-on-year increase of sales to 139.7 billion won and operating profit to 12.9 billion won, up 19.7% from the same period last year," he said. "We need to pay attention to the factors of opportunity given to this company in the future, rather than the difficulty of the media sector."

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01502246625773184&mediaCodeNo=257&OutLnkChk=Y

• Like 6
  • Awesome 13
  • Thanks 2

Besides I hope the writer wouldn't give us ending likes the following:

1. My Love From The Stars.

That's ending is purposely made to fulfill audience wishes. To me, it is not a happy ending because the lovers are separated apart....

2. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

The ending part of this drama is really sad. IU only can view his lover from gallery...

KES must give us happy ending...

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Maybe SBS will demand it to be a happy ending since they want the drama to be loved an not cursed by everyone?... hehehe... she can play the not-happy-ending card with paid tv but not public tv broadcast? We can only hope :D

I wonder, can this tread surpass 1,000 pages by the end of its run? One episode now generate over 100 pages of comments, so with another 4 episodes = 400 pages... 1k page seemed like a piece of cake :lol:

Maybe people have time due to Covid19 restrictions? Heee

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

I have a feeling at the end, in order to the portals to be closed and everything back to the way it's supposed to, they have to be separated.  Either LG or JTE's memories would have to be erased too.  It has to be only one of them remembers.  Based on the interogation scene on ep 1, my take it's JTE who doesn't remember.  I could be wrong. :blink:  My head hurts with all the possibilities.  :crazy:

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

That's ending is purposely made to fulfill audience wishes. To me, it is not a happy ending because the lovers are separated apart....

The ending part of this drama is really sad. IU only can view his lover from gallery...

I second this! 

Add this one to the list: 

3) Queen in hyun’s man - I still wonder until this day how the phone just magically worked and brought him back to the present. Obviously saying god granted them their wish. But it’s a cheap way out.

I need something logical! Solve the problem logically like a math equation and the result is JTE. Writer Kim better have a beautiful solution! 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

@SweetButters wait..you mean to tell me I was SUPPOSED to also look at the lady behind LG and not just at LG’s hand? And that lady was TE and I didn’t even recognize her? 

giphy.gif

i need another drink first. Hold up.

tumblr_mih9ucU5pk1rf78apo1_500.gif

:joy:

edit:

@AgentQuake i swear I thought I was looking at bags of rice in that lady’s right hand. From my look, it almost seemed like LMH was holding it with his left hand since we were told to focus in on his left hand haha. I was like:

Spoiler

Oh..more pounding.. :w00t:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

42 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Studio Dragon Continues Overseas Demand amid Media Crisis-SK

"With the effect of the drama, "The King: Eternal Monarch," we expect the growth in the overseas sales of Studio Dragon to double in the second quarter, with 9% year-on-year increase of sales to 139.7 billion won and operating profit to 12.9 billion won, up 19.7% from the same period last year," he said. "We need to pay attention to the factors of opportunity given to this company in the future, rather than the difficulty of the media sector."

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01502246625773184&mediaCodeNo=257&OutLnkChk=Y

CAN YOU SAY IT LOUDER SO THE HATERS IN THE BACK CAN HEAR?

TKEM is suuuuchhhh a flop. Number 1 on wavve, number 9 on Netflix worldwide today and number 19 on Netflix worldwide for the year! I guess flop is the new success.  

They’re crushing it! 

:P

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 3

It just occurred to me that on the episode where Lee Gon brings Jo Yeong in ROK when they crossed the portal they didn't bring Maximus and the other horse. Lee Gon mentioned that he brings enough Gold to last them while in ROK. Lol imagine both of them on foot while hauling the Santa sack where the Gold are crossing the portal and entering the bamboo forest with out any forms of transportation. That was one hell of a vision:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

What the first ep 1 JTE and SJ interrogating LR the portal is already destroyed and JTE and SJ caught LR becoz they though they solved crime/murders that he did in ROK. Maybe the side effect of destroying the portal is they all forget about the parallel worlds and maybe only LG and LR who didn’t forget all what happened. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

What the first ep 1 JTE and SJ interrogating LR the portal is already destroyed and JTE and SJ caught LR becoz they though they solved crime/murders that he did in ROK. Maybe the side effect of destroying the portal is they all forget about the parallel worlds and maybe only LG and LR who didn’t forget all what happened. 

I think that's possible, but I hope they don't go down the memories lost and then returned/memories lost but fall in love again sort of narrative 

I mean that's pretty much what happened with goblin so... I'd be ok with that ending, but I'm hoping for something a bit more creative 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

21 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

It just occurred to me that on the episode where Lee Gon brings Jo Yeong in ROK when they crossed the portal they didn't bring Maximus and the other horse. Lee Gon mentioned that he brings enough Gold to last them while in ROK. Lol imagine both of them on foot while hauling the Santa sack where the Gold are crossing the portal and entering the bamboo forest with out any forms of transportation. That was one hell of a vision:joy:

It’s uphill too hahahaha

LG was running up the incline during the ep10 hug scene 

You KNOW Yeong had to carry all that crap hahaha, no wonder why he was pissed about his useless legs

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

Alright. My drink is now done momentarily lol.

@SweetButters now I know why @Alice Wonderland says you can see through like an xray! :joy: 

Spoiler

It makes sense now! LG actually isn’t holding the flower of doom. It looks like it’s a bush or something on the ground. That woman, even after my zooming in and out, didn’t realize it was possibly TE. I thought it was a royal woman guard haha so I paid little attention. I was wondering who that woman with the bags were. Is she just a passerby or a character we haven’t seen yet? I kept focusing on the food and thought I even saw rice bags. I came to this conclusion: my eyes aren’t xray. They just have selective detection :joy: 

1 hour ago, deabakdrama said:

50 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I second this! 

Add this one to the list: 

3) Queen in hyun’s man - I still wonder until this day how the phone just magically worked and brought him back to the present. Obviously saying god granted them their wish. But it’s a cheap way out.

I need something logical! Solve the problem logically like a math equation and the result is JTE. Writer Kim better have a beautiful solution! 

I call thirds!! 

i need a beautiful ending that makes sense! And please don’t throw a last minute amnesia arc KES!! Please no!! Just end it beautifully with no loose ends :D and no staring contest or an ending where I have to imagine my own ending. Just give us your ending in a nice, beautiful way. 

37 minutes ago, nana4ever said:

I wonder why LR makes the person kill their doppelganger?Is it to maintain control over them?:blink:..

LR doesn’t need to keep two unless it benefits him. He kept the bookstore guy/chauffeur guy because one is greedy and was willing to work with him while the other one was already always with him since the regicide. It’s not mainly just about control. It’s more about who can do the job better when they are with him, and who can be used more by him until he needs them no more. I also don’t think LR makes them kill their own doppelgängers. We only saw one case of this if I remember correctly. Other doppelgängers, we can assume was killed or had already died before the replacements. This could have been done by himself or his minion. 

25 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

CAN YOU SAY IT LOUDER SO THE HATERS IN THE BACK CAN HEAR?

TKEM is suuuuchhhh a flop. Number 1 on wavve, number 9 on Netflix worldwide today and number 19 on Netflix worldwide for the year! I guess flop is the new success.  

They’re crushing it! 

:P

TKEM is quite successful and we are proud of it!! ;) 

so earlier, looking at Netflix and saw that TKEM fell under this category: “Dramas for the Hopeless Romantics.”

Whhaaatttt???? :joy::joy: Is this us here??!! :joy: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 17