[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I have been thinking if CL Nuh crossed and no scares appeared then the portal most have been closed immediately or it could be side effects due to the flute being separated in half. 

How will Lee Gon and his team solve this mystery and time is starting to stop now and I believe the reason he disappeared in episode 10 is because she had few minutes where they could be together and her time froze and he disappered from her sight because otherwise he would have to stand there forever until she moves again few minutes and then back to square one. Thats why he disappeared in my opinion in episode 10. 

He has to make the flute's joined again in order for him to close the portal otherwise time will freeze  

• Like 11

13 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

LOL it says I need to be 99 or over to view.

In other news, Netflix is editing their subtitles.  Now it just says “Protect her, she’s the future Queen”.

Ummm not kosher at all.  FIX IT.

I noticed that this morning.  

13 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

4 days, 4 hours, 53 minutes.

We can do this.

I’m sure we’ll have come up with 96 more reasons why JTE is dead in the road by then.  

omgggg Friday come quickly 

The worst part of this drama for me is that I've wasted two months of my life waiting for Friday and Saturday.  One week I actually watched the drama each night, crazy.  If I'm not watching the drama I'm on this thread.  I need serious help.  

What am I going to do in 2 weeks when the drama ends.  Any suggestions what my next venture into insanity should be.  

Edited by csmiller1954
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, csmiller1954 said:

The worst part of this drama for me is that I've wasted two months of my life waiting for Friday and Saturday.  One week I actually watched the drama each night, crazy.  If I'm not watching the drama I'm on this thread.  I need serious help.  

You and me both. I've spent so much time rewatching BTS, interviews, their swoony games, and refreshing these threads every 5-10 minutes. Doesn't help classes finished for me so I'll be doing this until summer classes start. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

13 hours ago, SweetButters said:

So out of curiosity, I decided to look up what LG and JTE's zodiac signs were. I LITERALLY WAS FLOORED!!!!!!!! 

JTE= Year of the HORSE

LG= Year of the RABBIT

Wow SweetButters you're always sharing great insights! Thanks! 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 3

2 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

You and me both. I've spent so much time rewatching BTS, interviews, their swoony games, and refreshing these threads every 5-10 minutes. Doesn't help classes finished for me so I'll be doing this until summer classes start. :sweat_smile:

What else do we have to do right now hahaha

CLOY wasn’t nearly as bad for me because I still got to go out and drink with my friends, which prevented me from going onto the forums.  There also wasn’t much to theorize about with CLOY.  And then the next few dramas I watched while the stay at home order is going on never really caught much more of my interest than a casual watch.

Aaaand then this happened.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 13

I don’t think I’m ever going to look at a rabbit the same way ever again, which is very unfortunate because there are bunnies everywhere in the PNW right now.

Horses were already ruined after y’all were going on and on about Thicc Maximus.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

4 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I don’t think I’m ever going to look at a rabbit the same way ever again, which is very unfortunate because there are bunnies everywhere in the PNW right now.

Horses were already ruined after y’all were going on and on about Thicc Maximus.

To be fair there's an English phrase saying "breed like rabbits" so I guess in all culture rabbits probably mean that. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

6 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Oh. Now I get the joke about the ''Rabbit bounding rice'' :joy:

Welcome to gutterland. 

9 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:
17 minutes ago, csmiller1954 said:

7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

CLOY wasn’t nearly as bad for me because I still got to go out and drink with my friends, which prevented me from going onto the forums.  There also wasn’t much to theorize about with CLOY.  And then the next few dramas I watched while the stay at home order is going on never really caught much more of my interest than a casual watch.

Did you guys know I don’t sleep because of this drama? Be here anytime of the day and night and I’m parked right here, going nowhere :lol: @Keikokoko knows this to be true lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

1 minute ago, koreaboooo said:

To be fair there's an English phrase saying "breed like rabbits" so I guess in all culture rabbits probably mean that. :lol:

''Breed like rabbits'' It's a true statement they can technically become a pest if you leave them unchecked especially around farms

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, Elnin Joery said:

''Breed like rabbits'' It's a true statement they can technically become a pest if you leave them unchecked especially around farms

LG better start breeding then. We want heirs. Could use another bed scene. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Has the Neck Kiss Strom passed yet? :joy:

I must say that ep 12 was my least liked episode so far. It’s not because I did not like the kiss scene, but the whole episode was a show of desperation by production team trying to please certain group of audiences for higher rating. We did not learn much new clues, other than Lady Noh from ROK, and the plot did not move much neither. The whole episode made me feel like watching daytime soap opera or formulaic drama that housewives usually watch, particularly with two scenes – dressing in uniform cooking for his love and the bed scene. 

The whole dress in uniform cooking for his love was nothing more than fulfilling female viewers’ fantasy. It’s like man’s version of woman dresses in nurse uniform serving meal to her lover. This scene, not only unnecessary, but anticlimactic to the intelligent, intense and serious tone that drama has set or tried to set from prior few episodes leading to ep 12. 

The Kiss/Bed Scene again was another attempt to entice mostly domestic viewers. The kiss was done nicely and  the neck part was sensual as you all said, despite my joking criticism of not being hot enough. The failure of it was not kiss itself delivered by actor and actress, but the marketing PR team leaking it all prior to airing. The built-up expectation might have created some buzz, but it failed to realize into actual sizzle to viewers like me, who weren’t familiar with how intimate scenes were usually handled in Korea. If this drama was done only for domestic market or markets that were familiar with Kdrama, this might be OK. But the drama aired in markets outside those regions to broader viewers who, like me, were just getting to know Kdrama, these leaked stills backfired. 

I came to like The King because of the perceived time and space bending sci-fi fantasy aspects, to which the prior episodes (up to epi 11) seemed to elude.  The explanation of how LG came to recuse JTE in time was a lazy one and took all the excitement and suspense that were building up to this point out of window for me. 

There were only two brief moments that I was not bored and felt emotionally connected to this drama like I did in past episodes -  time frozen when their picture was taken in front of church  and JY and SJ bro talk. These two scenes gave us further insight into these 3 characters’ state of mind  – LG, JY and SJ , and their consequent actions in next few episodes to end this mess when two worlds collided. LG’s urgency to act before two worlds completely stop, YJ’s unwavering royalty to LG that he can sacrifice himself without a blink of eye, SJ begun seeing KOC and the King differently from JY’s eyes and camaraderie begun to form. This further confirms that SJ's role as one of very key to LG's quest. 

I hope the production team stays on course to deliver a smart and entertaining drama as the tone set in its premier episode. Surprise and keep us guessing till the end. 

• Like 12
  • Unamused 3

21 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I will be in serious withdrawal I will need therapy.  Hahahahuhuhu. I blame COVID.  If I wasn't home and with lots of free time I wouldn't be this invested!

How long do actors usually take breaks in between projects?  I am a fan of both LMH and KGE, and I think I will miss watching them on screen after this.  I know KGE has a movie next and does more movies, but for LMH does he usually take long breaks?

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

WDH with young Lee Gon

What?..We Now have a TEEN LEE GON, man 4 episodes and Instead of doppleganger they give us Multiple LG, not that I am complaining. 

But SHOW ME THE TIME LOOP now...I am too desperate !! 

Btw is it TEEN LG/JY/ES or anyone future self?? :crazy::blink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

4 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

I must say that ep 12 was my least liked episode so far. It’s not because I did not like the kiss scene, but the whole episode was a show of desperation by production team trying to please certain group of audiences for higher rating. We did not learn much new clues, other than Lady Noh from ROK, and the plot did not move much neither. The whole episode made me feel like watching daytime soap opera or formulaic drama that housewives usually watch, particularly with two scenes – dressing in uniform cooking for his love and the bed scene. 

I came to like The King because of the perceived time and space bending sci-fi fantasy aspects, to which the prior episodes (up to epi 11) seemed to elude.  The explanation of how LG came to recuse JTE in time was a lazy one and took all the excitement and suspense that were building up to this point out of window for me. 

There were only two brief moments that I was not bored and felt emotionally connected to this drama like I did in past episodes -  time frozen when their picture was taken in front of church  and JY and SJ bro talk. These two scenes gave us further insight into these 3 characters’ state of mind  – LG, JY and SJ , and their consequent actions in next few episodes to end this mess when two worlds collided. LG’s urgency to act before two worlds completely stop, YJ’s unwavering royalty to LG that he can sacrifice himself without a blink of eye, SJ begun seeing KOC and the King differently from JY’s eyes and camaraderie begun to form. This further confirms that SJ's role as one of very key to LG's quest. 

I hope the production team stays on course to deliver a smart and entertaining drama as the tone set in its premier episode. Surprise and keep us guessing till the end. 

There was also the reveal about the PM, aside from the Lady Noh revelation.  And even if you take  the bed scene aside, I like all the interactions between LG and JTE in this episode (even the kitchen scene you dislike).  It showed to me that LG's affection for her is not superficial, and I also liked that he finally revealed to her about the flute (which he didn't want to say just 3 episodes ago).  

That being said, I do agree with you in general.  I like the show for the plot mainly (the science and mystery aspects of it), the romance only second.  But it appears the audience in Korea want to see more romance and that explains why this show has not being doing well there.  So now the show has an identity crisis (which frankly they should have resolved early on) ---are they going to focus more on the romance or the science/fantasy?   

Ratings in Korea are beyond saving at this point so like you I just wish they'd stuck to the tone of the pilot episode (which frankly was really excellent in my eyes).

Your two favorite moments in the last episode are also my favorites in that episode.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, gwin said:

I will be in serious withdrawal I will need therapy.  Hahahahuhuhu. I blame COVID.  If I wasn't home and with lots of free time I wouldn't be this invested!

How long do actors usually take breaks in between projects?  I am a fan of both LMH and KGE, and I think I will miss watching them on screen after this.  I know KGE has a movie next and does more movies, but for LMH does he usually take long breaks?

Normally he releases one project a year whether movie or drama since his enlistment but now that his back and fans demanding him to be more active i think we will see him soon on the filming set. He usually respond to fan pressure and listens to them. 

I remember there was a time i think it was back in 14 where he did a global tour setting concerts allover China and Asia and he got little fond of it where he did one tour and then followed with couple others then proceeded to releasing albums after each other and photo albums. Fans gave him full house allover asia but his fans are not into music in general but acting. Some called him out on it but he listen and came right back on the screen and did two movies back to back. 

His fans are demanding when it comes to the type of movies or dramas he choses example i remember Kim soo hyun once did a drama called producers. His fans would have never allowed him taking such roles and another movie KSH did was Real they would allow that one. Technically things like hospital playlist or other real life setting dramas were things are lowkey and pace is slow. They dont like but they like pacey things and spectacles 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

I must say that ep 12 was my least liked episode so far. It’s not because I did not like the kiss scene, but the whole episode was a show of desperation by production team trying to please certain group of audiences for higher rating.

The answer is no, it has not passed. In fact, it’s escalated to a rabbit pounding rice for eternity. :lol:

And I am guilty as charged. I’m included in that group of viewers because I loved episode 12 :D it’s one of my favorite for many reasons but mostly because of the OTP. 

9 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

There were only two brief moments that I was not bored and felt emotionally connected to this drama like I did in past episodes -  time frozen when their picture was taken in front of church  and JY and SJ bro talk.

These two scenes and the sudden appearance of the jacket of doom were my favorite scenes. I like both scenes with the OTP perhaps because I’m heavily invested in their love story. They conveyed an underlying deep sadness that’s not in your face. It tugs at my heart. 

18 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

The explanation of how LG came to recuse JTE in time was a lazy one and took all the excitement and suspense that were building up to this point out of window for me

I’m going to pretend LG found JTE in a much more logical way. And that shall solve the rest of the issues I had with episode 12. :D

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1