Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syntyche

[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

I love how he's wearing the dress whites he wore in confronting the hostile military force trying to invade his country while also trying to get JTE to agree to marry him.

He's been successful only in one so far and it seemed easier to face down the Japanese naval fleet than having JTE agree to be his Queen. :lol:  

I really do hope she can see what he sees and, even if the prospect is understandably daunting, she'd be an amazing queen and I'm not just talking as some baby factory.  The woman has fire in her and like LG said, "When courage is needed, she becomes a warrior."   Fire, but also heart.  What LG didn't see was how she bodily placed herself between those goons and yo-yo kid.  Desperate to protect the innocent still, regardless of the odds against her.  That is 100% queen material.

Meanwhile PM Koo is sneering while LG is in deep grief.  Maybe she'll turn around before the very end  (more than likely after her mother is threatened or her mother is killed, likely due to LR and/or her actions, and she's bitterly sorry for her choices), but someone who is amused by someone else's pain/grief?  Yeah, that's a sadist.  And all because LG refuses to give her what she wanted.  She is very much so not queen material.  Maybe for LR if he's looking for another wife/concubine.

• Like 12
  • Love 3

@Heretorant

Let’s observe the kiss, shall we? Here’s my 10 part series after I’ve watched it for about 100 times. 

1) He kisses her neck. It’s not just a peck, he licks her neck. He’s saying “I want you.” 
2) She’s taken aback. Pay attention to the way she moves her mouth and body. It’s so sensual. 
3) He eases in with a peck.

4) The look on his face says it all. He wants her badly! 
5) The way she looks at him says she’s nervous but knows what’s coming. Like, “oh shiz, I teased him and now he’s going for it.”

6) He’s staring mostly at her lips when he’s speaking to her. 
7) He goes in for a full on passionate kiss. Ahhh the lip and jaw movement! Sexy as hell! 
8) He pulls back, his stare goes from her lips to her eyes and back to her lips, he touches her lips, meets her eyes, gulps and then goes in for another kiss. 
9) Even as the camera pulls away for a far away shot, there’s still head movement. It looks too real to be fake. Me thinks they’re still kissing.

10) His body completely relaxes and you can see it sink onto hers. 

SEXUAL TENSION AT ITS BEST! From a minoz’s point of view, this is the best and most sensual kiss he’s done. It tops even the lobster kiss. The lobster kiss was sweet but this one has sexual tension written all over it. I’ve never seen a Korean drama couple that’s rather innocent had this much sexual chemistry! It’s out of the sbs korean drama world. I can’t get enough! 

After reading this, I watched the bed scene for a few times and also the gifs. I have to agree with you. It did not show much but it was enough for sensual kiss

I was laughing when he turned away as JTE pushed back the top of her shirt for him to look at her shoulder. He berated her and she said "What's the issue? You see that much is summer when I am in a sleeveless tee shirt :D. He is already aroused and this is making it harder for him to hold back! Guffaw! I find that scene funny.

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

makes you wonder how often stuff like this happens

i mean, three bloodbaths in one night and all the public cares about is stalking the new queen

Considering the people killed were traitors to the king,  and had committed treason, the people probably didn't care. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

The neck part of course. It’s so sensual. And kge’s reaction. It was so real. She felt the chills down her spine. 

:lol:

I meant to say JTE.

Not really. I totally meant kge. 

:lol:

Of course, count on me to unlurk only when someone talks about the kiss :lol::lol::lol:

@Heretorant My dear, yes, neck. But that's not how you do sensual. I was expecting this: 

He trailed his finger along her throat, and leaned closer to smell and nuzzled her neck. JTE gasped in surprise and let her head fall back exposing her throat to him, and savoring the warmth of his touch. LG slipped his hand under her hair and held her neck, his lips brushing hers as he spoke, “Do you remember the first time we kissed?”

I expected it to be heat burning slow kiss that took more than 3 minutes. Not a peck on neck and another peck on lips and a less than 2 second deep kiss that we couldn't see well. They might be making baby LG in there alright. But the foreplay just wasn't what it was promised.  Where is the fatal lethal part? I wasn't dead, my mouth didn't drop, my heart wasn't pounding fast. It's all the leaked stills' fault. My expectation was built up too high. :joy:

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 11

39 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

I am mostly very genre based guy who mostly watches gore and violence. Just my hobby I love action based movies and series but I was drawn to this by the hype so I jumped on the wagon found myself a very interesting series now that being said. I wanna addresse TKEM objectively about it's international performance. 

Mainly on the western streaming platforms or even movies are tracked differently compared to other places. Example before a movie drops the production team and long range trackers have some sort of picture how it will perform weeks before and on the last week they have close range forecast and the same goes to tv-shows example ''Witcher'' premiered Last christmas and Netflix chose to announce another season for it before the first one aired 1-2 weeks? The question is why because they tracked it and knew how massive the ''Take off'' was gonna be and what they mostly look for is the ''Take off'' both in Tv-shows and Movies. What dose it mean having major take off it means massive trending on social media and it's hot topic all over the world and by this indiction they will know that the take off is gonna be massive and once the take off is massive the Tv-show succeeds by default and same with movies the opening weekend is the most important thing once the opening weekend is massive then it will grab the remaining cash slowly but surely. Mostly they can tell whether a show or movie is gonna flop by only it's take off. 

In TKEM case it had the typical massive International take-off for Tv-show as you mentioned it come out with major hype and made alot of noise online not only on Twitter but also in Weibo as it was trending #2 and I remember mentioning this before the week after it aired and I recall saying that this is already a major success and I was going by it's ridiculously massive take-off. 

Aside from it's take-off it has been blowing up on Netflix and dominating 20-22 markets and if you add up these markets subscriber base they reach around 40MIO subs on netflix and constantly been dominating these markets sitting 1 or 2 in most and in other areas constantly in top 10 for the last 4 weeks consistently and if you add up the rest such as the US, Latin A, or EU viewers on top of these then it increases further plus its 16 episodes that air twice a week 2 episodes and then you gotta multiple that with 16 while on the short ultra conversative forecast it could land on 50mio views for it's first 4 weeks and that's ultra conversative but in more realistic forecast that is mid-range it would land on 70mio views for it's first 4-6 weeks and probably end up at somewhere in the 80-90 mio views around october-september making it easy into the top 10 Tv-show in 2020.   It's run was unique and another question to raise Is this KES' biggest hit ever Internationally I would say definitely and by a large margin and LMH's second biggest. 

So we have another male, welcome! 

You must be smiling like @Gariyadaas we assumed you were female as well :D. Glad you find it interesting and @syntyche explanation of LG's formulas. I found that fascinating, parallel universes . What does MIO stand for? Are you in the business?  How do you know so much? We have a lot of experts in the forum. Is BOF LMH's second largest?  How did it do in Netflix?  It has been on for ages. If King gets to the top 10 TV shows for 2020, will it be the first South Korean drama to reach this marker or have there been others in the past? 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Haven't been to Monika Setiono blog for awhile missed her lowkey

• Like 8

Post response : 36,566views

The Majesty the Kiss Master.

Sweet and exciting

Netizen comments :

- Kim Goeun atmosphere is so attractive.

- Woah crazy. ㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠ

- Eunsook finally.

- Woah~~

- Kim Goeun has a very small face.

- Woah Lee Minho is really good at kiss scene.

- ㅠㅠ  I like it

- Crazy woah..

- He really did good..

- He's good at kiss scene.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3

These two episodes were for me were just excellent. 

This was probably the first time in this series that I actually enjoyed both episodes almost equally.

Firstly, if there are still people out there bashing the chemistry or the lack thereof between LG and JTE, I hope these two episodes have proved you otherwise. :D

These two have had sweet moments throughout, some that were great, some not so much, and some of the times these moments felt isolated or disconnected. With these last two episodes there was a build up, and one thing led to another.

That "to-the-rescue hug scene" was one of the best I have ever seen. The way LG declared JTE his queen, without even batting an eyelid, on the commotion it is about to create in his kingdom. He did not need an answer from JTE anymore. I liked the cut-back to where when she tells him that she will live only for today - in response to him asking her again to be his queen. I guess LG took a leaf from her page, and decided to do the same.

Clearly he learnt from last time and ensured that JTE stayed with him :D. LG definitely knew this time he was going to get  "scandalous"  with JTE, and he sure did not disappoint :wub:.

There were quite a lot of revelations - court lady Noh (clearly the parallel universes and the travels between them have a history), PM Koo ( how did this happen, or did I miss something?) The Yo-Yo kid saying he warns against threats and battles enemies.

I am enjoying the conversations between Shin Jae and Jo Young, hope to see more of them. It will be interesting to see Luna's dynamics in all of this, now that she seems to have "replaced" JTE.

My one question is why did they not kill JTE in ROK, but rather dragged and kept her in KOC? I hope JTE stays on, I have always enjoyed LG and JTE more in KOC.

Hope the next four episodes carry in well from here!

• Like 13
  • Love 2

I haven't really watched episode 12. As I was working but now I am free and will watch it very soon after I read couple of your posts.. Seems like I have lost out on alot of fun as I am usually active from live to post Netflix watching:lol:

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

My one question is why did they not kill JTE in ROK, but rather dragged and kept her in KOC? I hope JTE stays on, I have always enjoyed LG and JTE more in KOC.

LR was hoping to exchange JTE with the other half of the flute. But then he realize LG would want to get JTE back even if she's dead so in the end LR told his men to get her back even if they have to kill her. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I wonder why do those scars affect some and not the others?

And what does Lee Lim mean when he said that woman has the face of his nephew's mother? Does this mean the king and Shin-jae are brothers ??

• Like 2

I don’t think Lady Noh is LR’s mother. She’s too loyal to LG to be LR’s eomma. I think she has feelings for Prince buyeong :blush:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

THIS.IS.SO.SENSUAL.

It's like LG's asking permission to be inconsiderate when she looked at her before continuing to kiss her. AND, she didn't move.

*Tae Eul showing her shoulders if she has the mark*

Lee Gon: This hurts even more. (Resisting the sexual tension is greater than the pain on his shoulder)

Tae Eul is so shook so she didn't speak a word. Like "Go on Pyeha, go on."

I didn't sleep well after watching this.

Can we get the continuation on the next episode :naughty:

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I wonder why do those scars affect some and not the others?

And what does Lee Lim mean when he said that woman has the face of his nephew's mother? Does this mean the king and Shin-jae are brothers ??

She's LG's doppelganger's mother so she has the same face as LG's mother. That woman isn't SJ's mom. SJ's current mom is the gambler addict, while his real mom is the one who got poisoned this episode. The woman LR is threatening is the same woman from episode 1 whose husband and son were killed by him and then she laughed at her husband's death. 

As for the scars, I think only LR doesn't feel the pain from it. Everyone else seemed to feel the pain from it. If you're asking why some has the scar and some don't, we don't know for sure yet. Right now we only have some theories to that answer. I personally think there's two factors into getting the scar, one, you have to have crossed worlds before and two, your doppelganger have to been killed by someone of another world. Some others theorized it may be due to the reason they crossed worlds.

Edited by koreaboooo
  • Like 9

Heeeey comrades, dont cha all worry about the ratings because it will increase gradually.

Me everytime PM appears on the screen:

WD7.gif

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47511a2dc56280871b6d

• Like 3
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1