[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

8 minutes ago, mamabear said:

Tagging you coz this might be the bed scene we have been waiting for. LOL.

OH. MY. GOD.

D.E.A. D.

My soul is typing. 

hfkehdjeoebeorbeofbrobforbr

Yes please, pyeha, be inconsiderate!! 

GO FOR IT!! 

• Like 1
  • Naughty 5
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:

I speak English, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese) and a bit of Spanish.  In Chinese and Spanish translation on Netflix,  JTE said to yo yo boy/girl : "You are also in this world", in which yo yo boy/girl responded "there is only one of me". I don't know Korean so can't tell if writer meant it differently. But as far as translation in languages other than English, the meaning is clear and consistent. Hence I wrote that there were two time loops based on JTE's her realization of being in Corea in two different scenes. If writer didn't intend to show two different time loops,  then it would be a sloppy execution of very critical scene. 

@Keikokoko She could be thought that the boy hit her last time, is also lived in the "world" of this gang. It is impossible she knows that yoyo boy in KOC because she has not met him before. 

• Like 4

I think those bedroom stills are going to show us how ‘inconsiderate’ our King is going to be! :w00t: 

giphy.gif

:joy:

Edit:

@scrawford i totally agree! Makes me ponder: does international views not get considered in SK? I mean, as you said, this drama is getting a lot of love from international viewers. But it seems to me like this statement is void to SK viewers? :blink: (Sorry if this was discussed before. I either missed or couldn’t catch up with the discussions lol)

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

So as my username suggests, I looooove Agents of SHIELD.  It’s my favorite show ever.  Nobody watches it live, even though the quality is excellent.  But when they tested Disney+ in Europe, it was one of their top streamed properties, I think 2nd most popular.  It’s ending this year on their own terms with 7 seasons.

It’s 2020, at this point, I don’t give any Fs about ratings anymore.  Shows have other ways of making money, whether it’s through selling songs like Glee, selling merch, winning tons of awards like Big Little Lies, or evening having suit kimchi PPL scenes, shows will find a way to come out on top.

And I think this one is going to have a loooong half life, especially as word of mouth becomes stronger.  But in any case, as Melinda May on SHIELD said, “we have a small but active fan base”.

i wish we had 7 seasons of this.

This is true for many of us especially in the US. one of my favorite show to date was breaking bad, the first 2 season it was not popular, until 2-3 season was up on netflix and create even larger following and saw a significant raise in viewership. It was quite boring in the beginning, but it has one of the best story arc in Tv series (IMO) then it became a massive hit and when it landed on it's last (5th) season, it became one of the most watch TV show in the US. But they had 5 seasons to build and there was no pressure of "this is KES drama and LMH comeback drama", and SK still relies on TV ratings, every English speaking Kdrama Blogsphere, only relies on ratings report, and being this show is really Hyped, and fail on ratings, SK media (my take on it) really feeds off negative news. Korean Herald and Inquirer latest headlines about the show were "star writer struggling to keep ratings" if people truly done their research and not fixated on negative news, headlines could be written "Despite getting low ratings locally In South Korea, The King is getting a lot of love from internationally viewers". The Latter headline would describe the real situation that this drama is facing right now. But, again, we are not Knetz heheheheh...let them judge accordingly, and let us keep supporting show that we love.

All this to say, i agree with everything you said. Wish we could at least have 20 episode of this, cause re watching the show from episode 1 again, the second half is like watching completely different show, and i like it :)

• Like 5
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

SAY WHAT

NO

NONONONONO

ITS TIME TO GO TO SLEEP AGAIN YALL WE ONLY GOT LIKE 7 HOURS LEFT

I think every time something is released and your sanity is threatened your coping mechanism is sleep HAHAHA

Have a good sleep man hope you wake up in time to watch it with us!! Really really love your responses you're amazing :P

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

44 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Stills on bedroom kisses of "The King" Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun were released

Afraid YTE will say... "I'll punch your nose" Hahahaha and all the scandalous ended... :D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 12

2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Are we thirsty????

Thirsty af at the point :lol::lol::lol:

We need pyeha to be inconsiderate immediately! 

hahahahahahahahaha

I love calling him pyeha when I imagine this scene because it sounds way more sensual hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, madmad min said:

Ah ! you ruin my prudish mind :joy:. JTE is injured let her rest. They can carry on their scandalous activities after she recovers or can get onto the flashback when they did the deed in ROK (I assume so) ( cue commentary to the first part of episode 11)

@jangmi92_ 

MAJOR CONTINUITY ERROR!! Daymn and this week was about to be the Least controversial (shakes head)

She knows yoyo kid from R of K He/she ran into her making her lose the ID and even offered to help her get it back. Losing the ID was a very important turning point. If JTE had not lost the ID she would not have needed a new one and the new one is what proved that the King is who he said her was.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@Keikokoko She could be thought that the boy hit her last time, is also lived in the "world" of this gang. It is impossible she knows that yoyo boy in KOC because she has not met him before. 

English translation, Chinese and Spanish similar meaning 

JTE: What? By the way, you are in this world too

Yo yo boy : There is only one of me. I went to the other world

Seemed clearly they were talking about two worlds not "world" of gang. But we can all have our own takes, which makes discussion so much more fun. :)

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I think TKEM should have 20-24 episodes at least. They compact everything in 16 episodes, i don't know how's they are going to wrap up every plots. We still have 5 more episodes to go. The storyline of this drama is very interesting and awesome,  and i like both main leads, especially KGE. Pray for the success of this drama.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, x2020 said:

Afraid YTE will say... "I'll punch your nose" Hahahaha and all the scandalous ended... :D

JTE, ma girl, may I remind you, you asked for it! Don’t act innocent/feisty now when pyeha wants to be a man of his words. 

#makepyehainconsiderate 

#letpyehamakelovetoJTE

#dothescandalous 

Pyeha for the win! 

• Like 4
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

I think every time something is released and your sanity is threatened your coping mechanism is sleep HAHAHA

Have a good sleep man hope you wake up in time to watch it with us!! Really really love your responses you're amazing :P

OKAY BUT LIKE AT 8PM ISH TODAY

i was honestly not sure how I was gonna last til the next episode

before quarantine I would just grab and friend and go shove pizza and cocktails in at happy hour but we can’t even do that anymore!

i honestly thought about just sleeping at 8pm to pass the time hahaha

its 11pm and I’m still bouncing off the walls

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

3 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I’m going to ignore the fact that the entire SWAT team was deployed but they chose to just watch the sword fight.. I’m also going to ignore the mechanics of how fast Lee Gon got the message, got Maximus, AND rode all the way to where she was... and how did he know where she was?? Lol

This is just a GUESS, but let us think back to the bookstore scene: When LG realized the highly possible & current danger to TE of being swapped, he ordered Seok to have the Royal Guards to assemble & for the infantry & cavalry to be on stand-by, right?

I reckon that in the next epi/s as flashback/s, we will see -

1. LG getting ready to go to Korea where he of course expects TE will be.  
  2. Then the Palace gets TE's call. Not probable but also not implausible that the Palace would be alarmed that a phone call for the NY message for the King would go through at that time. NY is already over by that time, right?  So that call was a red flag for a Palace already on red alert.
  3. That phone call is traceable. Similar to when TE was in Seoul, trying to go back to Busan. The Palace traced her (17) calls to the KTC station in Seoul.  How much more this phone call who the temerity to call the King by his name?

Or all of the above can be surmised in just a short talk between TE & LG, while she is recuperating in the Palace. 

That's how I imagine it.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200523

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, "The King-Eternal Monarch," tap the hearts of Lee Eul couple supporters with their "true love bedroom kiss" 

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a fantasy romance about a parallel world through cooperation between Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae Eul, a detective of the Republic of Korea, who are trying to protect the lives, people and love of others.

In the last episode, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) came to save Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun), who was in a desperate crisis after being kidnapped to the Korean Empire by Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin). Lee Gon, who led a large-scale guard team to save Jeong Tae Eul, showed his intense charisma by exploding a decree saying, "Protect her. She will be the empress of the Korean Empire." Attention was drawn to whether Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul, who predicted a bloody revenge match with Lee Rim, will be able to keep their love safe.

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun were caught touching each other in the bedroom. In the drama, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul reveal their glowing emotional lines. With the two sitting side by side on the bed, he looks at her carefully. They exchanged fatal kisses. The question is amplified as to what they were trying to confirm with each other and how the romance between the two, who are enduring a difficult crisis, will unfold .

The scenes of Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's "Fatal Bedroom Kiss" were filmed at a set located in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, in early May. Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun appeared with a shy smile before shooting a comprehensive gift set that would give them a vibe from cheerfulness to adult beauty. And as they went into the shoot, Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul, who were in real love, were possessed by a bewitching romance, and a thrill without NGs, which led to the enthusiastic response of the staff.

"It's a scene where Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul, who showed dramatic rescue at the end of the last episode, show stronger feelings toward each other in the 12th episode," said the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures. "In the 12th episode, Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are waiting for a more affectionate romance to show. Please keep an eye on them."

Meanwhile, the 12th episode of SBS's "The King," which consists of a total of 16 episodes, will air at 10 p.m. on May 23 (today).

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005231426085321137_1

• Like 7
  • Love 11

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun were caught touching each other in the bedroom. In the drama, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul reveal their glowing emotional lines. With the two sitting side by side on the bed, he looks at her carefully. They exchanged fatal kisses. The question is amplified as to what they were trying to confirm with each other and how the romance between the two, who are enduring a difficult crisis, will unfold .

HUH????

ADULT BEAUTY????

who wAS TOUCHING WHO

• Like 1
  • LOL 21