[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 minutes ago, pp05 said:

Did it occure to anyone that the old guy in PM's room is related to Lee rim..he is the one providing her all the info and pics which are actually given by her ex husband who wants to be free from jail..he and his company might also be linked to Lee rim..that pm is one hell kind of greedy and witch..

Literally I forget about that guy as soon as he walks off screen again so I'm glad you brought him up. 

Something's definitely wrong with him - doesn't look like he's her father, and if he were, he shouldn't be advising her anyways because she's an elected official and not a monarch.  He's got all of the blackmail, and it sounds like he's got stuff on her too.  He seems to be the cruel nuclear core of their group, but she's not innocent at all either. 

To be honest, I like that PM is actually a power hungry witch bish rather than a tragic second lead who hates JTE because the King has heart eyes for her instead.  I like that she's trying to win absolute power over the love of someone who will never love her.  The girl loves herself and is fighting, and we can see her motivations.  Because she's been stepped on her whole life and now that she's had a taste of power, she won't let it go ever again.  We can see her continue to get stepped on, and it can't be easy being her.  She gets a lot of unnecessary sexist pushback from Parliament (is that it?) and unfortunately that and her own cruel ambition has turned her this way.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

My whole family is also a big Nolan fan.  So we had no problem watching TKEM, despite some editing problems in the earlier episodes.  But I think the change in the director & the movement of the former director to do the editing is a great move, as we have seen in the last 3 episodes. 

Yes Memento is fantastic!

Can't agree more. I watched first 4 episodes in one go and was annoyed by lack of fluidity and phrasing from scene to scene. It got so much better when they changed the director. Despite I liked the story line, great cast, beautiful chromatography,  it was uninspiring to watch in the beginning. I would have dropped it if it wasn't for all the fun I had with everyone here. You guys saved this drama for me. :kiss_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So the good news is...I'm hooking up with that pretty girl.

Bad news is...I may have murdered about 100 people without a publicly valid reason

But the other good news is...she agreed to marry me

Unfortunately, I got sauce all over my white Navy uniform.

Oh and I may have blown half the national budget on the amount of cleanup crew I needed after um, murdering.

Based on The Kings anger meter at this rate The press secretary needs to do a press briefing left and right since Lee Gon already throw caution to the wind i bet she will aged 5 years in just a one night of Lee Gon's extra circular activity :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

2 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

Based on The Kings anger meter at this rate The press secretary needs to do a press briefing left and right since Lee Gon already throw caution to the wind i bet she will aged 5 years in just a one night of Lee Gon's extra circular activity :joy:

Good news... king has an heir

Bad news... queen ran away again

Good news, king is going to get her back

Bad news, it'll take a few weeks for them to return (she went to visit ROK)

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

Some pages back, a saw posts sayiNG and/or implying that LG never wanted to be King.  May I know where in the story this was made evident?

Cos I was under the impression that he was proud of his role, his Kingdom & his destiny. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

Only gonna get worse when Madame Queen starts slapping people left and right and The King claps and eggs her on.

King's head guard last seen flinging kimchi at Japan while screaming about the Night Kings.

It's going to be like that scene in Captain America Winter Soldier where Sitwell tells Cap that tossing people off buildings isn't his style, and Black Widow immediately kicks him off.

And then both of them will vanish in the study for weeks at a time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

@mrsj3n i was caught by surprise when LR ask Luna about an organ donation. I was like “huh??? So it’s not the other thing then? :blink:“  although i always felt Luna was tough on her enemies, it made me feel sad for her during that confrontation with LR (of course, i am not ignoring the fact she wasn’t hurt from the car that just hit her either) :lol: 

23 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Speaking of the Secretary...

If I were her, I'd consider retiring ASAP to a nice quiet cottage with all of the drama that the royal court is causing hahaha

Retired? That’s way too nice. I would exile her. Is that too nice too? Beheading, perhaps. Is that too extreme now? Get kicked by Maximus’s fine legs? Yeah. That one sounds good. Peyha, may we do the honors?

Because you know, you didn’t see how she smiled at your misery with Prince Buyong’s mourning service <_< and you will be too busy with your second proposal :phew:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@mrsj3n i was caught by surprise when LR ask Luna about an organ donation. I was like “huh??? So it’s not the other thing then? :blink:“  although i always felt Luna was tough on her enemies, it made me feel sad for her during that confrontation with LR (of course, i am not ignoring the fact she wasn’t hurt from the car that just hit her either) :lol: 

Retired? That’s way too nice. I would exile her. Is that too nice too? Beheading, perhaps. Is that too extreme now? Get kicked by Maximus’s fine legs? Yeah. That one sounds good. Peyha, may we do the honors?

Because you know, you didn’t see how she smiled at your misery with Prince Buyong’s mourning service <_< and you will be too busy with your second proposal :phew:

Noooo the LeeEul shipping Press Secretary who probably writes fanfic about them in her spare time!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Secretary is the lady with the short hair and glasses. She was on the plane with LG where he told her JTE is the lady he had been implying before. 

You've mistaken her as PM. :sweat_smile:

@AgentQuake She probably does write fanfics of pyeha in her spare time. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

6 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Only gonna get worse when Madame Queen starts slapping people left and right and The King claps and eggs her on.

King's head guard last seen flinging kimchi at Japan while screaming about the Night Kings.

It's going to be like that scene in Captain America Winter Soldier where Sitwell tells Cap that tossing people off buildings isn't his style, and Black Widow immediately kicks him off.

And then both of them will vanish in the study for weeks at a time.

I think she won't get that far

It'll be the first cabinet meeting or formal meeting with some officials going over state matters and she'll have already threatened to punch people, have already slapped 5 advisors, and the moment someone brings up statistics and numbers she'll just walk out of the room and find the nearest soju fridge in the palace 

Oh and yes the BBQ chicken too

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

4 hours ago, AgentQuake said:
5 hours ago, Ima04 said:

Probably the writer took the flash as one of her inspiration LoL.

The storyline of the main lead travel backtime to save his youngerself. 

Travelback time numorous time to save his love one. All of that creating a different timeline.

Thunder related power and the main lead also happen a verymuch scientist where the female lead is more police-journalist. (There was a universe where the female lead was a cop)

Lee Gon should just try to run faster.

Or be inconsiderate faster! 

If The King does it any slower, I don't think the Shippers & Court Ladies in the other thread can last any longer, even I am ready with this!

V9c1BZT.jpg

• LOL 9

4 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

I think she won't get that far

It'll be the first cabinet meeting or formal meeting with some officials going over state matters and she'll have already threatened to punch people, have already slapped 5 advisors, and the moment someone brings up statistics and numbers she'll just walk out of the room and find the nearest soju fridge in the palace 

Oh and yes the BBQ chicken too

Poor bb will show up to the first official meeting in a pair of sweats hahaha

Every single hallway in the palace will have some sort of booze fridge for her

And then eventually she'll get in trouble for mixing politics and business when she decides to open up her own BBq chicken restaurant

• LOL 12

8 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Noooo the LeeEul shipping Press Secretary who probably writes fanfic about them in her spare time!

6 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Secretary is the lady with the short hair and glasses. She was on the plane with LG where he told her JTE is the lady he had been implying before. 

You've mistaken her as PM. :sweat_smile:

@AgentQuake She probably does write fanfics of pyeha in her spare time. :joy:

hahahahaaha! Ooopss my bad! I am still mad at PM so my mind went directly to her only! :joy:

btw, not that it matters that much to me (okay it matters just a little haha) but LG was holding onto his sword at the end but then it is gone when he hugs TE? I was like “whoa. Magic? Or maybe he passed it to his royal guard because you know, what if he accidentally stabs the woman he came to save..” :joy: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

15 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Some pages back, a saw posts sayiNG and/or implying that LG never wanted to be King.  May I know where in the story this was made evident?

Cos I was under the impression that he was proud of his role, his Kingdom & his destiny. 

Oh it was just me with one of my 9000000 theories running rampant. 

I think he's proud of his heritage and his role, and obviously cares for his people.  But the same night that he said he wasn't ready to be King was the night he actually BECAME the king.  It isn't that he doesn't want to lead, but that he never expected to lead from that age and in those circumstances.  He knew he was going to lead eventually, but it's one thing to take the throne after his father had a long and fruitful reign, and another to have to basically scrub your dad's blood off yourself after being strangled.  And like, 6 years old. 

I also think he truly enjoyed his normalcy in ROK once he got accustomed to it.  He liked the people, he liked the freedom, and we've seen multiple times that he sneaks away from the nonstop scrutiny and protection in KOC. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Just now, graceyco said:

New Bedroom stills!!! I can't. This weekend has been too much! 

LMH looks soooo sexy. These stills scream sexual tension. I wonder how this particular scene will play out later.:joy:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1