Quantcast

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

Did someone suggest that it's really PM Koo in ROK not her doppleganer? Which explains Lee Gon couldn't get in touch from her residence? It did look like she was looking back at Jo Young like she knew him.     

• Like 6

The amount of frozen time is multiplying by the square root of the prime number. At this rate, time will stop for a whole day the 62nd time it happens. In other words, there will come a moment when the world, both Tae-ul’s and mine, will stop forever.

6cdb36ea95b6bce72ac47dab6dbb222f7ad3851e.gifva1059ed952063e0df3298f7d82b76a6dd215d88c.gifv

• Like 18
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Did someone suggest that it's really PM Koo in ROK not her doppleganer? Which explains Lee Gon couldn't get in touch from her residence? It did look like she was looking back at Jo Young like she knew him.     

It looked suspicious and I agree I noticed that they told Lee Gon she is not there in her residence perhaps she was out of town and specifically the way she looked at JY. 

I think it was her which means we have seen her and her double the one with the glasses was her double but the one in the cafe shop was her

• Like 8
34 minutes ago, Ima04 said:

Probably the writer took the flash as one of her inspiration LoL.

The storyline of the main lead travel backtime to save his youngerself. 

Travelback time numorous time to save his love one. All of that creating a different timeline.

Thunder related power and the main lead also happen a verymuch scientist where the female lead is more police-journalist. (There was a universe where the female lead was a cop)

Lee Gon should just try to run faster.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I will try to hypnotize myself that good things will come after the storm. Did we just the first has hit us last night? So probably the second one will come later. 

So as how they make ES alive they also have a way to keep JY alive. If he ends up dying as well. Then who will be on our Pyeha side??? I mean, look how he lost his uncle, then CL noh is in bed because of heartbreak pasca PB's death. I don't want to see crumble once more! It's enough writer! My heart can't take it!

I love the flashback of LG-JTE at that road, how both are talking from heart to heart. JTE said that there's no tomorrow for them when he declares he won't be considerate like last time. These two lovebirds are so flirty! For the balance sake, ep 12 should be more scandalous!!

• Like 8
39 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

I don't think LG will forsake his reign. He's too invested in his role as a king, he feels responsible for his people/genuinely care for them, and he has no one to pass the crown to (certainly not Prince Buyeong's son!).
However, I can't see TE leaving her life behind either... How could she get used to the strict etiquette and rules, live under the constant pressure to fulfill her duties without being trained to deal with politics and nation-scale problems and consider herself as "His Majesty's child-bearer"? She's a homicide detective with a temper, a very straight-forward attitude and some serious badass-ness going on... She's not a submissive, well-mannered doll, nor she's a politician...

I honestly don't know how this is going to end.  I mean, the majority of kdramas have a fairly predictable ending (I do not want to talk about Memories of the Alhambra) and it's in the execution itself that will make it or break it.  But then again, we're still 5 episodes away and each episode hits like a truck of doom.

I agree with you on JTE, and that's why I like her so much.  A character like her is hard to find anywhere, one who genuinely doesn't care how she comes across or what she looks like, but her inner brilliance shines through.  She's extremely smart but also dumb AF sometimes.  Tough but caring, and even when she loves someone, she'll still treat them with a cynical attitude but also will die for them.  She's a hardazz but also soft.  I usually dislike heroic rescue scenes where the girl just limply waits there for the guy to rescue them, but it's also nice to be rescued sometimes. 

The whole thing was just brilliant.  She got kidnapped without losing any of her smarts - she was caught unawares in her home.  It's not like she had any inkling that she could be attacked or kidnapped and just wandered around by herself (looking at you, ep 11 Yoon Seri).  As soon as she came to, she used her skills and accessed her surroundings.  Instead of running like a scared headless chicken, she armed herself and grabbed the keys, ensuring her survival and ability to fight, as well as getaway.  She knew she couldn't take on a moving vehicle and took the vehicle out instead, with killer shooting.  And then she fought all the way until she was completely overpowered, in which the cavalry came in.  My bad bish, I love her so much.

She will also last exactly one official cabinet meeting before she punches someone in the face.

I mean, so far she's spent less than 48 hours in the country, pulled a gun on the King, insulted him to his face, got lost hundreds of miles away, and then accidentally caused a bloodbath in the street.  Whoops.

• Like 9
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

It looked suspicious and I agree I noticed that they told Lee Gon she is not there in her residence perhaps she was out of town and specifically the way she looked at JY. 

I think it was her which means we have seen her and her double the one with the glasses was her double but the one in the cafe shop was her

It gets confusing with the doubles. Will we have a  scenerio where Luna is pretending to be JTE while being with Lee Gon, and Lee Gon realizes it's not her.   

• Awesome 1
5 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I also believe that the one at the cafe is the real PM.  The way she looked and paused for a moment... (though in a different story she might be awestruck by his handsomeness)  At first,  I'm not so sure about the one that JTE met ... unless she has been informed earlier about JTE and acted "innocent" in front of her but she did say she's nervous.  Plus,  her taste in getting the shoes ... seem to be the same. BTW, she did take a leave of absence for a day.... Is it enough?  Well, we might know more about her tonight.  

• Like 4

I don't think Luna is in KOC. They've swapped places.  Unless Luna is an Oscar winning actress, I don't think she could muster up the emotion or terror during the whole standoff.  The same thing that happened to JTE at the end happened to Luna in the beginning - hit by a Truck of Doom, then tied up, threatened...she was meh about all of it until she found something she wanted.  She was also last seen in Korea.  I'm very confident that it's totally JTE at the end and she will be proposed to okay OKAY OKAAAAY I REFUSE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE BYE!

• Like 11
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, ms_inquiry said:

Still gathering my thoughts. Will read all of your comments when I can. Just need to express some of my thoughts first. Such a good episode!

Quite dark - in a lot of ways:

- SJ getting attacked, and can I just say I hate that henchman! (great actor though). During the episode I literally went: "Great! One down (when the one in the bookshop died), one to go. Let's do this team LG!"

sorry to cut your post. But the one who died was the one from RoK. He repeated what he said in the previous episode that you don’t know what anyone is really thinking and he is also does not have the gunshot wound from 25 years ago.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I don't think Luna is in KOC. They've swapped places.  Unless Luna is an Oscar winning actress, I don't think she could muster up the emotion or terror during the whole standoff.  The same thing that happened to JTE at the end happened to Luna in the beginning - hit by a Truck of Doom, then tied up, threatened...she was meh about all of it until she found something she wanted.  She was also last seen in Korea.  I'm very confident that it's totally JTE at the end and she will be proposed to okay OKAY OKAAAAY I REFUSE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE BYE!

I think that's JTE at the end. Luna is differently in ROK.

• Like 3

Two things on the bookstore shootout -

When the doppelganger looked at LMH's face and called him daddy...I felt that.  Most relatable moment in the show so far, most relatable character I've ever seen.  Sitting in a messy room eating ramen, swooning over LMH.  Me.  Dying immediately afterwards - also me.

The media is going to be a HOT FREAKING MESS.  In the last two weeks (ish), LG's

• accidentally been a part of a terror attack that ended with three wounded bystanders
  • first in line was murdered
  • it's been exposed that the King goes missing frequently
  • The King kicked the next in line out
  • The King is beheading people again
  • The King caused a raid on a bookstore and left dozens of bodies behind
  • The King called in the army and did a massacre in the streets and left dozens of bodies behind
  • The King is cuddling in the roads with a crazy criminal who was pointing a gun everywhere

And that's not including all the bodies that JTE left behind her.

Daenerys, eat your crazy heart out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
15 minutes ago, kboramint said:

It gets confusing with the doubles. Will we have a  scenerio where Luna is pretending to be JTE while being with Lee Gon, and Lee Gon realizes it's not her.   

I'm wondering too... :glasses: physically it might be difficult to differentiate .... but the rest... the way one talks, the way one usually does something.. Unless you're really fully trained and have observed the person for a long time. 

Seeing the whole pictures of JTE on the wall, scared me too.... unless someone else was taking the pictures.  How long has she been there observing JTE ... hmm..

I trust LG can differentiate between both of them... :D Just ask her to tie her hair...as a test

• Like 4
1 minute ago, AgentQuake said:

The media is going to be a HOT FREAKING MESS.  In the last two weeks (ish), LG's

• accidentally been a part of a terror attack that ended with three wounded bystanders
  • first in line was murdered
  • it's been exposed that the King goes missing frequently
  • The King kicked the next in line out
  • The King is beheading people again
  • The King caused a raid on a bookstore and left dozens of bodies behind
  • The King called in the army and did a massacre in the streets and left dozens of bodies behind
  • The King is cuddling in the roads with a crazy criminal who was pointing a gun everywhere

He's becoming power hungry tyrant. Lol. Sounds like a reason to abolish the monarchy and establish a democratic republic. Viva revolution!!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주