[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

58 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I wrote this on my own. Who would have thought my background in Math could be this useful in a kdrama? :lol: Thank you for your kind words. :)  

@syntychewow, I am really impressed with your prowess. So glad a Math genius likes LMH. I did wonder if all the formulas on the boards were real or just gibberish. Now we know they are real formulas. May I ask you which episode and where in the episode you saw that formula? KES must be a Math genius too or she hired someone to figure it out by giving the gist of her synopsis. Truly impressed.

@syntyche"The King is a sad love story in a parallel world"

sad love story = sad ending? :wacko: 

Yup I caught that too. :(

Imagine my delight when I learned that Lee Gon was speaking my language in this drama! :lol:

It's in episode 3, part 43:16. It was shown in passing. Anybody could just dismiss it, but it caught my eye, as I recognize those formulas. I was amazed myself when I analyzed it. It's beautiful mathematics meshed with beautiful poetry. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 4

Firstly, thank you very KHAMSAHAMNIDA for the amazing Maths, @syntyche!! Tbh, I haven’t a single clue about any Maths formula, as I have always scraped through all my Maths tests/exams - the last Math exam I took was about 30 years ago!! Heck, I can’t even do simple arithmetic and Maths has always scared me - like my brain cells freeze up when I see any Maths!! I think I could have dyscalculia (Mathematical dyslexia). So, I am always in awe of anyone who is good in Maths! 
But you have explained the formula and applied it to LG & TE - so at least I get it!

5 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Why do I feel like there's something massive that we've all missed haha.  I keep watching and rewatching the first episode because I can't help but feel like something is key there for putting it all together.

Unfortunately I keep getting distracted by the slow mo closeup of LMH's face when they start Adult!King's story for the first time. 

Also - apparently I missed the entire Baby Maximus scene the first 90 times.  While I was staring open mouthed at the ridiculousness of the baby Maximum CGI (seriously, the effects in this show have been phenomenal except for that), I realized that Maximus was born on the night of treason.  Maximus is 25 years old.  The average lifespan for a horse is early 20s, which means Maximus should NOT be able to travel the way she has been, and even though they've acknowledged that the strain that the travel has had...Maximus shouldn't be able to do what she does lol.

Great, now I'm theorizing on the damn horse lol.  Maybe the horse is LG's mother reincarnated.  Or something.

WHO KNOWS.  IT'S AN ANIMAGUS MAYBE. 

THIS! I was laughing so much!! OMG! :lol:

I don’t know about the latest stills ... I am very suspicious - it’s like they throwing a red herring at our way ... Or maybe I am just pessimistic / or have a lowered expectation and am preparing myself for a shocker towards the end ...

Unless KES has written herself into a corner - so everything has to come to an abrupt end .... really wish we have till Episodes 20 OR they could have cut off all the other unnecessary story arcs. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

I am so happy to see the new preview stills. :love:

It means she's not dead... she's alive and LG is preparing another meal for her...and is a plus that he is in a navy uniform.

For TE, her King looks divine in it. :blush:

Gosh... why tomorrow is so near yet soooo far? 

Did anyone count how many times TE tied her hair from Ep 1 to 10? Just curious... :wub:

A officer, a gentleman and a King!!   Too much to handle. :love: They know how to tease us by throwing us these meaty stills.

To me, this looks like time loop, the repeat scene we saw in ep 6 but a little variation. He's already dressed in uniform for the battle with Japan battleship before making steak rice bowl for her.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

@syntyche I am not a math person, but I am really in awe how you saw that tiny detail from the drama. I am always looking forward to your theories and analysis. Pls keep them coming :)

Having their own little world, right there. :joy:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-660x400.jpg

A Quick Guide To “The King: Eternal Monarch” For Those Just Tuning In

PARALLEL WORLDS, A NOBLE ROMANCE, AND A BATTLE SPANNING YEARS– THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH HAS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!

Netflix’s original series, The King: Eternal Monarch is this year’s most discussed drama. Led by sensational actors such as Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Woo Do Hwan, the drama is quickly rising to become a fan-favorite. The show contains elements of fantasy, romance, and mystery to please every viewer!

Whether you are new to the show or need to catch up, keep reading to get your guide on Netflix’s breakout drama.

THE BASICS

One of the drama’s crucial aspects is its setting; the show takes place in two parallel worlds.

The show’s lead, Lee Min Ho, portrays Emperor Lee Gon who is from the Kingdom of Corea. Yes, Korea with a “C”! This kingdom looks a lot like modern-day South Korea. However, it still has a constitution, it is still united with North Korea, and its capital city is Busan.

0417%EB%8D%94%ED%82%B9%EC%98%81%EC%9B%90

The drama’s other main character is named Jung Tae Eul, played by Kim Go Eun. She lives in the modern-day Republic of Korea.

Emperor Lee Gon battles evil and attempts to close the door between the parallel worlds. Jung Tae Eul works with him to prevent evil from spreading between the two worlds.

HOW ARE THERE PARALLEL WORLDS?

25 years ago, Lee Gon’s father was murdered by Lee Gon’s power-greedy uncle, Lee Lim. Lee Lim wanted to obtain the King’s magical flute.

8-year-old Lee Gon accidentally stumbles upon their fight. He sees his father’s death and attempts to protect himself from Lee Lim. In the midst of his struggle, he cuts the magical flute in half.

Spoiler

%EC%A0%95%ED%98%84%EC%A4%801%EC%9D%B4%EB%AF%BC%ED%98%B8%EC%95%84%EC%97%AD-768x512.jpg

%EC%9D%B4%EC%A0%95%EC%A7%841-768x512.jpg

A mysterious savior comes to Lee Gon’s rescue, preventing his death. The savior leaves, accidentally dropping a detective badge from 2019, showing an ID photo of a young woman by the name of Jung Tae Eul.

Lee Lim escapes with the other half of the flute, hiding away and scheming evil plans.

Spoiler

0410%EB%8D%94%ED%82%B9%EC%98%81%EC%9B%90

MOVING FORWARD

The show flashes forward 25 years. The older, charming Lee Gon discovers a portal opening between the Kingdom of Corea and the Republic of Korea with his half of the magic flute. The Emperor makes the discovery that the worlds, though similar, are shockingly different.

Additionally, he realizes the worlds contain doppelgangers who live different lives than their identical counterpart in each world.

Spoiler

Woo-Do-hwan-two-roles.png

Jeong-Tae-eul-Luna.png

THE FIRST MEETING

After entering the parallel world, Lee Gon is thrilled to find Jung Tae Eul, the same woman who was on the badge his savior dropped 25 years ago. The two have a hilarious first encounter as Lee Gon hops off of his horse amidst Seoul traffic and tries to convince her he is an Emperor from a parallel world.

Understandably, Jung Tae Eul does not believe him and is annoyed.

Spoiler

The-King-Eternal-Monarch.jpg

LET THE ROMANCE BEGIN!

The romance begins once Jung Tae Eul travels with Lee Gon to his world and realizes he was not lying to her at all. She begins to fall for the honest Emperor and Lee Gon excitedly sees her start to reciprocate his strong feelings for her.

Spoiler

giphy-8.gif

giphy-4.gif

giphy-1.gif

TROUBLE BREWING

While the lovebirds enjoy one another’s company in Lee Gon’s kingdom, Lee Lim’s evil scheming continues. For the past 25 years, he has been luring people to join him in overthrowing Lee Gon. Promising people a better life, he offers to bring them into the parallel world. The price? You must track down your doppelganger and kill them.

Spoiler

0428더킹영원

Park-Ji-yeon-dual-roles.png

BETTER TOGETHER

The drama’s main couple proves their chemistry as time goes on and as they grow closer. Just as they are the cutest couple, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul prove themselves as united partners too. Lee Gon learns about his uncle’s evil plans and enlists Tae Eul’s help to find out the truth about the many murders that occur in her world.

Spoiler

giphy-3.gif

Together, the couple works to protect those from both worlds while trying to defeat the villainous Lee Rim.

FB_IMG_1587253230498.jpg

WHAT NOW?

After this refresher, keep your eyes on The King: Eternal Monarch as the show is gearing up for many surprises in store! Viewers can expect even more romance, dopplegangers, and suspense as the action of the series ramps up.

Stay tuned to watch how our starcrossed lovers Lee Gon and Tae Eul cope with evilness and distance, as they fight for their love between two worlds.

The King: Eternal Monarch is available on Netflix with weekly episodes releasing every Friday and Saturday at 10:30pm SGT.

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/an-easy-guide-to-the-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

LMAO, I have said it 2x already in this thread, that preview, taken with the spoiler vid show TE survived - FOR NOW! dun-dun-dun-dun ;)

Question is: why is he in uniform? JPN back in the coastal waters again? Or cos he knows TE just loves him in uniform?

Now see - with everything that the King is handling, there is really slim chance for him to taste that stew! Poor King.

@AgentQuake @mychoiyoung  Oh, I am sorry to say. She is dead that why we are seeing this time loop repeat of ep 6 kitchen scene before LG leaves to battle Japanese battleship. They are repeating their courtship in time loop. I can be totally wrong on this of course. But JTE dies in one time loop will help LG learn more to better prepare for next time loop and eventfully defeat LR (LL). It will be all good at the end. :D I have faith 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Heck if those stills are a time loop and in that ep 11 preview JTE dies I'm gonna flip cuz we just spent like 3 or 4 pages rejoicing,,, :L

I'm just hoping that it isn't a time loop and he dons the uniform because he said that the royal family only dons it when they are the most confident of victory/the moment of honour or something like that + JTE said he looks cool in that and talked abt him cooking rice for the PM in that uniform so he wants to please JTE + the article which came with the stills today said something about like 2nd proposal? which means like he cld be wearing it to propose to her again or something unless google translate is wrong and it means something else in Korean haha

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Together, the couple works to protect those from both worlds while trying to defeat the villainous Lee Gon.

Typo - LR (LL)? or are you introducing a third universe with a  villainous Lee Gon ? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OR Ng said:

is it me or she looks super surprise  in the pics? 
I mean, this is not the first time Lee Gon cooks for her, he actually did it twice (one brought the food and one they were together in the kitchen). In both scenes, Tae Eul despite of first time to have the food cooking by the King, she never has that kind of expression (like, in the pics she just cannot believe in her eyes?)

but the way she is tying hair the same though

can someone please tell me I'm overthinking here
because we all agreed that there is no way Lee Gon will mistaken his love righhhhht? 

If you see the pictures closely. So this might be after he found her injured. Her forehead bandaged and there's some bruises on her face. So I bet LG cooked her to console her and to make her feel good. It's her favorite looking him in uniform. 

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200521

Ok lemme guess the sequences, first after she wakes up, assumed she got treated and rest. I see her walking down the stairs. Her room might be upstairs. Then she might find LG already in the kitchen cooking some food. That makes her looks surprised. Next, he served the food when he's done. So that's why she's tying up her hair. She usually does it whenever she feels annoyed at him but this time, she does it because she wants to eat.

@AgentQuake you're cracking me up. Thanks for those good humor! I guess we are too depressed for those 50 pages back. And now with just a few pictures everything goes happier. Somehow we might be too worried with all of this. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

he dons the uniform because he said that the royal family only dons it when they are the most confident of victory/the moment of honour or something like that + JTE said he looks cool in that and talked abt him cooking rice for the PM in that uniform so he wants to please JTE

That's perfect reason. You know what they say about man in uniform :wub: 

10 hours ago, csmiller1954 said:

my hope is on the writer, she got the Goblin and the Goblin's wife together in the end.  Maybe she'll do the same here.

If she is a good writer, it seems to me that she is and quite well known with several big hits, why would she want to be predictable by ending the drama in the same fashion as she did before? The King is anything but predictable so far. Sit back and enjoy the wild ride. :)

• Like 10

3 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Lee Rim will shoot her in the heart, but she'll be saved last min because she's got the little baggie of kimchi in her pocket.

You guys are killing me here!! I've had to catch up on 10 pages and I've been dying laughing but that particular post had me screaming omg LMAOOO your imagination kills meee, please keep it up!!!

@AgentQuake @vangsweetie637 @Heretorant

and @syntyche, great analysis of those math formulas! It gave me a great deal of happiness and hope that the future of our couple will be just fine! and thanks for sharing those new stills! I knew he'd save her hehehe can't wait for him to bring up the proposal again!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I read "SECOND PROPOSAL" and I forget about all the speculations and death!

I'm just so happy!

tenor.gif

LG in the kitchen and in his uniform... trying to woo his Queen.

What's not to love??

Be still my heart...

tenor.gif?itemid=16652366

Is it Friday yet???

Btw, did we determine that JTE will be kidnapped by LR's minion and then brought into KOC?

Edit:

Can you imagine Lady Noh's reaction to LG wearing the uniform just to impress JTE?

cb772efa-02ee-4ae6-80e4-7ea62afcac78.gif

:joy:

• Like 8
  • LOL 10

On 5/19/2020 at 4:11 PM, Elnin Joery said:

It kinda of aligns with my previous census that this drama is to complex for the elder generations and not surprised that it found audience with the younger generation.

Be careful with those assumptions - there are some of us “elders” on this thread! Bwa-ha-ha! :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AgentQuake said:
 hours ago, mamabear said:

I just have one question though, why not cook before putting on the uniform? It would be too bad if that super clean uniform gets stained while cooking. LOL  Hahaha maybe we will get the answer tomorrow. :lol:

I agree, he should take it all off.

Well... i'd rather see the button on that uniform come off one by one by JTE's so very trembling hands :blush:

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

Guys, i gave up. A couple of you had quoted me on my last post but honestly i lost track lol. This thread moving so fast and today was just really busy with work. I will try again tomorrow lol. Finally i caught up!

And you guys and your gutter mind lol. We demand a scene where JTE unbutton LG's uniform. Where can we sign the peition! heheheh

I'm just excited to see our OTP again and looking forward to the surprise this drama will bring. 

two things tho,

1. I'm still thinking that LG is the only savior 

2. They will somehow will end up together. As Lee Gon is someone who will seek for that beautiful solution. Unless.... The beautiful Solution is that he keep going back in time to see JTE. Please no..... That would be repeating Goblin and KES is smart enough to think that it's a bad move for this show. It's already got a lot similarity to Goblin, so if that's the end, this is just another Goblin 2.0. And that it's not how i want TKEM to end. I rather He let go if He can't find a solution to be with JTE.

On that note, I'm also sad that after this weekend we only have 2 more weekend :cold_sweat:.

It's been a wild ride with the good and the bad and the ratings debacle heheheh..... 

I'm already thinking about What is LMH and KGE next project and kinda Sad that WDH is going to MS, so probably won't see him in the new project. I started watching his older show call "Tempted" and it's like Cruel Intentions remake. not sure what to think about it yet but he is hella sexy there. 

It's less than 48 hours from my time zone. We can do it guys!!!

• Like 8
  • Love 2