[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho is stealing attention as he is seen changing into a "military uniform chef" while preparing a meal for Kim Go-eun

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is definitely the scene after the preview and LG saved our girl and he is earning brownie points by donning the uniform to prepare a meal since she asked him back in ROK on their day trip to search for his doppelganger's mum!

Omg.....   swooooon!!! :love:

That is definitely our girl there!!

Not luna!!! 

Cheers for my optimism!

tenor.gif

:joy:

@SweetButters @YongZura⁷

I'm gonna trust the Chief. 

Although like his wife... I'm still suspicious of her room mate. I wish he can explain himself soon! Lol

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Maximus is 25 years old.  The average lifespan for a horse is early 20s, which means Maximus should NOT be able to travel the way she has been, and even though they've acknowledged that the strain that the travel has had...Maximus shouldn't be able to do what she does lol.

Well if Maximus is also staying in the place in between 0 & 1 with LG, perhaps his ageing has also been delayed?

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 2

18 minutes ago, csmiller1954 said:

I've been depressed for two days thinking that JTE will die this week.  Maybe my prayers were heard.  

Clearly, prayer works.

I would like to pray for some heir producing attempts.

For science of course. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Well, I guess now he know LG saves JTE. 

Wondering why he’s wearing his military uniform. 

I am just hoping that it is not Luna that he saves!

The PM in the jenga game says it is a sad love story, does she not?

But those pictures... omg!

@syntyche: Great minds think alike! I just said the same thing (maybe in a different context) :D

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

Just now, syntyche said:

"The King is a sad love story in a parallel world"

sad love story = sad ending? :wacko: 

Can we take into consideration that they filmed this earlier on and also she hasn't seen the end yet.  She only knows half the story.  Otherwise I'm going to be heartbroken.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200521

Oh.... he did as she said... awww.... :wub:

So she returns to KOC yes? Because LG won't wear it in ROK right. Yay... glad she's back. I'm going to be amnesia for awhile about something bad that waits for her. 

@syntyche I watched that video but didn't really pay attention to that part before. Hmmm... so it's a melodrama since beginning. Well, no problem I'm going down with whatever the ending later. If I have to curse then I'll do it later. If I have to cry over it. Then I'll do it when it's time. For now, I will believe with what LG promised that he'll find a way for them, and he'll try to get a beautiful answer. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, Heretorant said:
10 hours ago, 1ouise said:
15 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

What if the ending would be everything is all in Lee Gon's mind as he suffered schizophrenia after losing everyone that he loved?????? 

OMO WHAT A PLOT TWIST kekekekeke 

Well, that would be a nonsensical ending and I didn't signed up for that HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :ph34r::phew:

12 hours ago, Jaja said:

Haha we cannot rule that out because it was the ending of one of earlier KES drama (Lovers in Paris or Lovers in Prague) right? .. i haven't seen it but read on dramabeans that the entire drama was a dream inside protagonist's mind lmao..

Imagine at the end, young Lee Gon goes to his father and say "Father guess what I dreamt today?" :w00t:

If it happens that there is dreaming involved, we can't say we weren't warned.  :lol:

Alice's adventures turned out to be dreams.  Through the Looking Glass ends with, "Life, what is it but a dream?"    

At least in Back to the Future, when Marty wakes up wondering if his time travel was just a dream, he realizes it wasn't and that it changed his life for the better.

This is a fairy tale we are watching, so a convenient dream ending is certainly possible.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha I’m laughing so hard. 

And if it holds true, I will literally flip tables at writer Kim.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :joy:

• LOL 7

7 hours ago, Keikokoko said:
12 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

Perhaps, I need to learn how to love you the way the earth loves the moon and stop the time watching you fondly, but from the distance.

@lyrically aesthetic  Are you the author of these beautiful words? Or is it from OST? It paints the scene so fittingly and vividly. Thanks for sharing.  

:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

I am so happy to see the new preview stills. :love:

It means she's not dead... she's alive and LG is preparing another meal for her...and is a plus that he is in a navy uniform.

For TE, her King looks divine in it. :blush:

Gosh... why tomorrow is so near yet soooo far? 

Did anyone count how many times TE tied her hair from Ep 1 to 10? Just curious... :wub:

EYgUBEsVAAQz_iH?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 11
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

WHAT ARE THOSE PHOTOS

SHES NOT DEAD

WE JUST YELLED FOR LIKE 50 PAGES ABOUT HER DYING IN THE ROAD

AND NOW THESE AHOLES ARE BAKING BREAD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm going to bed.

LMAO, I have said it 2x already in this thread, that preview, taken with the spoiler vid show TE survived - FOR NOW! dun-dun-dun-dun ;)

Question is: why is he in uniform? JPN back in the coastal waters again? Or cos he knows TE just loves him in uniform?

Now see - with everything that the King is handling, there is really slim chance for him to taste that stew! Poor King.

• Like 6
  • LOL 11

14 minutes ago, syntyche said:

"The King is a sad love story in a parallel world"

sad love story = sad ending? :wacko: 

This caught my attention too. What???? No happy ending or sad with a happy ending?

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

@Jemrie

#TheKingEternalMonarch wikipedia: - It received 9/10 user ratings on Netflix, an all-time highest for a science-fi fantasy K-drama ,It garnered high international viewership ratings worldwide and is

considered as a"International hit" 

Does anyone know if any regular K-drama made it higher than a 9/10 user rating in Netflix (non sci-fi drama) and also an international Netflix hit?

• Like 5
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, scrawford said:

This caught my attention too. What???? No happy ending or sad with a happy ending?

Even lead characters don't know final, final script is written lately , I think she is talking about overall story 

• Like 9