3 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

WHAT ARE THOSE PHOTOS

SHES NOT DEAD

WE JUST YELLED FOR LIKE 50 PAGES ABOUT HER DYING IN THE ROAD

AND NOW THESE AHOLES ARE BAKING BREAD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm going to bed.

OMG exactly we just spent like 50 pages on
1. Ono is Luna going to pose as JTE? Aw no way LG will see through it!
2. Nooo pls don't die JTE
3. How does time travel work? Mathematicians send help

4. Please insert a bed scene
5. Please have a wedding
6. Please have a season 2

and then we find out JTE is not gonna die (omg our hearts rn)

• Like 3
  • LOL 14

Premier with sub in 21 minutes? Countdown (Putting the reminder ON)

Time to see who’s the true king of Jenga as THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH stars Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Jung Eun-chae, and Kim Kyung-nam give their all for the game. They have their eyes peeled for special Jenga blocks in this upgraded version with new rules, and no one is escaping the missions—bring on the aegyo, TMI, and royal declarations!

Credit to the owner

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Just now, blobbityblobbityblob said:

OMG exactly we just spent like 50 pages on
1. Ono is Luna going to pose as JTE? Aw no way LG will see through it!
2. Nooo pls don't die JTE
3. How does time travel work? Mathematicians send help

4. Please insert a bed scene
5. Please have a wedding
6. Please have a season 2

and then we find out JTE is not gonna die (omg our hearts rn)

They probably released the photos just to get us to shut up.

Seriously, the internet was busy having an online funeral for her hahahaha.

I'm surprised she didn't bring a bag of chicken with her when she got presumably kidnapped and attacked.

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

Omo!! New stills! He looks so sexy in those uniform clothes! :w00t: Seeing that JTE has a bandage on her head, he came in time to save her! Whew!!!

But Peyha, that’s a lot of food just for the two of you! Please don’t waste it with just one bite only! Please!! Unless you two decide to do something else...oops...:vicx::vicx:

@Geolyvseven you asked for gin and juice? Coming right up!! :D :lol:

giphy.gif

remember guys, we still have this too:

soju.jpg

:joy:

Edit:

@gwin sorry, I accidentally tagged you up there. Thought it was you asking for gin/juice but I backtracked and tagged the correct person second time around. Already fixed the mistake :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

17 hours ago, gwin said:

he time spent on investigating is my biggest complaint with this show.  Especially since in most of the episodes after the first one, these scenes usually are shown in the first half of the show!  Some of instances which peeved me:

1.   The Lee Sang-Do case was started way back in the first episode.  And yet it was only resolved in Episode 9.  That is waaay too long.

2.   The scene where SJ and JTE tried to entrap that lady who stole a wallet.  Way too much screen time given for what?  Just to introduce the psychiatrist of SJ at the end of that scene?

3.   Scene where Jangmi, SJ and JTE was looking for the murder weapon in the junkyard.  Again unnecessary.

4.   That scene of them chasing a criminal right after JTE went back to Korea from Corea.  It's only purpose is for JTE to have that voice over about time passing and her feelings changing.

5.   The worst is the stake-out with JTE and Jangmi in the car and those product placements.

And these are just the ones off the top of my head!

Agreed

8 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

Hi @CallieP. That was me. 

Re CH - There were two interviews, as I recall. One was with LMH and the other one with the Director himself.  In LMH's interview, this is what he said:

Q:You have decided very early that you wanted to act in this drama. Is there any difference between the Yoon Sung that you’ve imagined, and the one that is now presented in front of the audience? 

A: At the very start, I imagined this character to be more depressed, a dark person who met Kim Nana, and started working at the Blue House, and gradually got cheerful. But in reality, it progressed in a totally opposite direction (laughs). While working with the director, I learn that an action drama fails very easily, so it must be supported with romance, that’s why there were many quarrels scenes added at the start of the drama.

The original source is http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/j/2011-08-10/09443382464.shtml and was translated  here - https://thoughtsramble.com/2011/08/12/lee-min-ho-expresses-regrets-at-the-incomplete-love-in-city-hunter/

The Director's interview mirrored what LMH said above and he was laughing cos LMH was questioning why there were more romance than originally intended.

Re GB - did you know that there is a a different cut for the Chinese version of the movie? It included more scenes of LMH, further development in the relationship between him and his love interest played by Kim Seol-hyun, PLUS an alternate ending.

I knew there was an alternate ending , more scenes with his love interest and less violence, I think. I was hoping to see the Chinese Version, also the poster was different. It is such a shame that that was the time Hallyu was banned and they never got to see it. 

So it is funny that LMH wanted more action, thanks for sending the link. Appreciate it.

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

Beautiful Mathematics of “The King” (Part 2)

Between zero and one

Lee Gon has been mentioning the phrase, “between zero and one.” But what exactly is the significance of being between zero and one?

In episode 3, part 43:16, Lee Gon wrote mathematical formulas on the windows of his hotel suite.

A viewer seeing this could easily feel intimidated and just dismiss it, but the second line of this mathematical jargon is quite an interesting part.

Reveal hidden contents

uh0eaQd.png

It has two major parts (or functions), which can be denoted as:

Cxi8GT8.jpg

The first function, A, takes the natural logarithm of n, while B is the sum of the series of 1/n. Note that these two functions are different in nature.

For some analogy, we can think of A as Lee Gon and B as Tae Eul – they come from very different backgrounds, from two different worlds.

If these two functions are plotted on the same graph, it would look like this:

The behavior of these two functions is quite interesting. They have different natures, as A is based on the natural logarithm, while B is a sum of a series, but their trajectories are very much similar. With increasing n, they somewhat behave like parallel lines.

We can think of this as an illustration of the lives of Lee Gon and Tae Eul. In their own worlds, they have their own different lives. But it seems that through time (with increasing n), they are pretty much going in the same direction, like parallel lines. But the sad thing about parallel lines is that they would never meet.

In Mathematics, limits of functions are taken to determine the eventual value such function. For simplicity, it can be thought of as, through time, what value can we expect from such function. For functions A and B above, their limit is infinity, that is, they have no limit - they increase indefinitely with increasing n. In other words, the functions diverge.

VMNsKKC.png

As Lee Gon and Tae Eul have their own lives in their own worlds, through time, they diverge.

The original mathematical statement that Lee Gon wrote actually took the limit of the combined functions. In terms of A and B, it could be simply written as:

E4Iu5qR.png

If the combined function, A-B, is plotted, it would look like this:

What this statement and graph say is that the limit of the combined function, A-B, is between 0 and 1. As the graph illustrates, the function somewhat stabilizes between 0 and 1. In other words, the combined function converges, between 0 and 1.

Lee Gon and Tae Eul may have different lives, and when left on their own separate worlds, they diverge. But when together, they converge, between 0 and 1.

Also, in the place between 0 and 1, Tae Eul plants the seeds of imaginary flowers from the Kingdom of Corea. With no wind, rain, nor time, the seeds may never bloom; just as her and Lee Gon coming from different worlds, they may never be together. But she had faith enough as she sows the seeds of their love, and with that love, they would eventually converge between 0 and 1.

Reveal hidden contents

kyoaOkB.png

The mathematical statement that Lee Gon wrote is rather intimidating, but when analyzed, it gives the story much more depth and meaning. Writer Kim Eun Sook is brilliant in leaving this rather insightful clue in the form of a mathematical statement, which has a solution and an answer that are both beautiful.

part 1

Did you get Beautiful Mathematics from someone or did you do it all on your own?  If you did, wow, I am impressed are you a Math student or did you graduate with a Math degree or something? Your knowledge is very deep and  you are very observant .

Kudos to KES to make that up too. She must have a science background as well and so detailed oriented.  As for me I am Liberal Arts so don't know how to read the formulas. :D:D

On LOTBS, I think LMH was great there, like @CarolynH did not realize he could be so funny as well. And his expression when he went to rescue his dad was phenomenal  as well.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

O.M.G!!it is almost 4.00 am here,I was just waiting for Jenga game video peacefully and then

These photos:wub:I almost had a heart attack

That uniform again:love:she is alive,and they are together in KOC^^

friday where are you?!

SOSwWV1.png

suddenly remembered this:relieved:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho is stealing attention as he is seen changing into a "military uniform chef" while preparing a meal for Kim Go-eun

omggggggg her “jealous concern” has come true lol, our King looks damn good in his military uniform preparing food for his lover!!! New stills make my day!!!!!! 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

16 minutes ago, mamabear said:

I just have one question though, why not cook before putting on the uniform? It would be too bad if that super clean uniform gets stained while cooking. LOL  Hahaha maybe we will get the answer tomorrow. :lol:

I agree, he should take it all off.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I'm surprised she didn't bring a bag of chicken with her when she got presumably kidnapped and attacked.

And then just before she dies she's like "Lee Gon, I'm gonna add one more to the 17 things I told you about. Eat this chicken after I die //whips out BBQ chicken from nowhere"

ok though great no need for online funeral!!! ahhhhh

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

4 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

And then just before she dies she's like "Lee Gon, I'm gonna add one more to the 17 things I told you about. Eat this chicken after I die //whips out BBQ chicken from nowhere"

Lee Rim will shoot her in the heart, but she'll be saved last min because she's got the little baggie of kimchi in her pocket.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 2

5 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Lmfao, I’m dead.

Are you perhaps part of the script writing team? Your PPL sounds a lot like the ones we’ve seen so far. 

:lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

You know what's the best thing about dramas

When your main character narrowly escapes death 10 times in one episode, is just about as battered as you can get them to be

And then the next episode they're just fine!!! :)

:P

6 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Lmfao, I’m dead.

Are you perhaps part of the script writing team? Your PPL sounds a lot like the ones we’ve seen so far. 

:lol:

Oh dear I didn't try to hide that did I well I guess you found out why don't you give us your wishes for the drama and we'll see if we can work it in but the script for episode 16 is already out so... :P

Edit: Ok but in terms of PPL I really like the bottled coffee scene where the detective team sits outside the police station on New Year's Day
the lighting is so good and it's like really so pretty :) And they made fun of themselves doing a CF :P

• Like 6
  • LOL 12

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200521

'The King' Lee Min Ho, Kim Goo Eun's military uniform chef transformation

"The King-Eternal Monarch" Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun give explosive excitement to the scene of "Second Proposal" that casts an extreme sweet mood.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a fantasy romance about a parallel world through cooperation between Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae Eul, detective of the Republic of Korea, who are trying to protect the lives, people and love of others.

In the last episode, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) and Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) were seen suffering from crisis and hardship due to Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin)'s extreme misdeeds. Lee Rim, who faced Lee Gon for the first time in 25 years, even killed Lee Jong-in (Jeon Mu-song), a close aide to Lee Gon. Meanwhile, Jung Tae-eul was in agony after realizing the reality that she could be with Lee Gon forever only if she gave up her life in the Republic of Korea. In addition, following the teary kiss of the "Lee Eul Couple" who met again, the disappearance of Lee Gon unfolded a "disappearance ending" which soaked small screen viewers with tears.

In this regard, Lee Min-ho is stealing attention as he is seen changing into a "military uniform chef" while preparing a small meal for Kim Go-eun. In the drama, Lee Gon was dressed in a navy uniform and washed rice himself. As he washed rice with his sleeves rolled up, he was glad when Jung Tae-eul appeared, and she was surprised to see him washing rice. As she eats, he is constantly talking with joy, so she smiles, seemingly unable to hide her emotions. The question of why Lee Gon put on the uniform which is only worn at the most glorious moment, and what will happen to the romance between the two people who will turn the imperial family upside down is amplified.

In particular, this scene is related to the conversation between Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul in episode 9, which makes us reflect on its meaning. They visited the address of Song Jeong-hye (Seo Jeong-yeon), who had the same face as Lee Gon's mother, but were disappointed to see nothing in that address. In order to break the ice, Jung Tae-eul expressed caution against Gu Seo-ryeong (Jeong Eun-chae) by asking, "Who cooked the steak pot for you?" and showed jealousy by saying, "Did you wash the rice in your military uniform?"

The scenes of Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's "Military Chef Transformation" was filmed at a food studio in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, in early May. Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, known as mood makers, appeared in a cheerful manner and showed various gestures while preparing for the shoot. When the shooting began, however, the two took off their playful looks and turned into a loving couple, shining brightly on the set with a friendly atmosphere.

"Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are doubling their immersion by portraying the emotions of Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul as clear as they are transparent," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "Please look forward to this week's fresh romance."

Meanwhile, the 11th episode of SBS's "The King-Eternal Monarch," which consists of a total of 16 episodes, will air at 10 p.m. on the 22nd (Friday).

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005210904436076728_1

• Like 6
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Lee Rim will shoot her in the heart, but she'll be saved last min because she's got the little baggie of kimchi in her pocket.

Lmfao, oh man, you guys have to stop. 

At this rate, I’ll wound up dead before Friday. :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

Just now, Heretorant said:

Lmfao, oh man, you guys have to stop. 

At this rate, I’ll wound up dead before Friday. :lol::lol::lol:

Don't worry, Eun sup will resurrect you when he puts on the $2100 Iron Man mask and snaps his fingers.

God can you imagine that scene with Happy and Morgan at the end of Endgame

Happy: Do you want something to eat
Morgan: BB.Q half and half chicken with Jongga kimchi and maybe an Alley bubble tea

Happy: *tears up* YOUR DAD LOVED BB.Q HALF AND HALF CHICKEN BUT DO YOU KNOW THEIR ORIGINAL RECIPE IS ALSO GOOD?

Beautiful.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

25 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I've been depressed for two days thinking that JTE will die this week.  Maybe my prayers were heard.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

30 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Did you get Beautiful Mathematics from someone or did you do it all on your own?  If you did, wow, I am impressed are you a Math student or did you graduate with a Math degree or something? Your knowledge is very deep and  you are very observant .

Kudos to KES to make that up too. She must have a science background as well and so detailed oriented.  As for me I am Liberal Arts so don't know how to read the formulas. :D:D

@CallieP, I wrote this on my own. Who would have thought my background in Math could be this useful in a kdrama? :lol: Thank you for your kind words. :)  

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 4