[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

@vangsweetie637 @CallieP I’m wondering if we see different things on our Netflix account. I clearly saw The King on the popular list a couple of times. I have a screenshot but don’t know how to upload it. Oddly, I don’t see Heirs trending and neither do I see the king under Netflix Originals :huh:. Regardless, I wish it would perform better in the US but as long as it’s top 10 in over 14 countries, and top 20 worldwide, I can’t complain :D 

Yes, it was on Netflix US Popular List last weekend.... 

98190133_10222728648834157_7779457508577

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Lisa_BB said:

My understanding here is that he was previously watching JTE's vid from 11/12/2019. He thought all CCTV captures were from that day. So when he saw the date, he wondered if it was a mistake. But then he noticed that JTE's clothes are different between the two vids he watched. 

@SweetButtersJTE stayed for only 1 day/overnight in KOC in 2019 , one set of clothes was when they first kissed(Brown COAT), second set was the security guard clothes. JTE in 2022 video was not wearing either of those even if he thought initially that 2022 was a mistake he concentrated on the clothes and that's when he doubted altogether.He was obviously not watching a footage of the year 2022 in year 2019, that is why he crosschecked.

Isn't this the BLACK BELT JTE proudly talks about in episode 2-3? (This is similar to One of LMH and baby JTE spoiler pics?? ). I am not sure if this was given by future LG to her, or do Black belts have names written in Gold? Whosoever theorized why the father isn't bothered much and knows about LG earlier is maybe right somehow?

JTE.png

Edited by madmad min
Edited
  • Like 12
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

@vangsweetie637  I agree with you... but can't stay long here because I might read more info .... my mind is already overloaded with information.  :grin:   However do enjoy your stay here ;)

@Edgar Pordwed  I thought you were tagging me :blush: then realise it was in the quote.  Hmm you might need to edit the quote a little bit .. or more than that  - delete the image and make it shorter.  Tq.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, madmad min said:

@SweetButtersJTE stayed for only 1 day in KOC in 2019 , one set of clothes was when they first kissed(Brown COAT), second set was the security guard clothes. JTE in 2022 video was not wearing either of those even if he thought initially that 2022 was a mistake he concentrated on the clothes and that's when he doubted altogether.He was obviously not watching a footage of the year 2022 in year 1999, that is why he crosschecked.

She stayed overnight.  Went there the night of November 11, then the day she explored Corea was November 12.  She went back home on the night of November 12 (after Lee Gon made her steak dinner).

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, madmad min said:

@SweetButtersJTE stayed for only 1 day in KOC in 2019 , one set of clothes was when they first kissed(Brown COAT), second set was the security guard clothes. JTE in 2022 video was not wearing either of those even if he thought initially that 2022 was a mistake he concentrated on the clothes and that's when he doubted altogether.He was obviously not watching a footage of the year 2022 in year 1999, that is why he crosschecked.

Could someone Insider added this YoYo boy video into JY laptop? (LR subordinate) - But, what for....? *scratching my head*

We haven't caught the culprit who steal JTE's ID right?

Well... now my closest guess will be the KSJ's Mom who works inside the palace.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, gwin said:

She stayed overnight.  Went there the night of November 11, then the day she explored Corea was November 12.  She went back home on the night of November 12 (after Lee Gon made her steak dinner).

Haha I meant that itself grammatical error for overnight and 1 day around 24-26 hours.Sorry ^_^

• Like 4

Do you like to get goose bumps?
Play the video and pump up the volume!

Here's an important scene from episode 4, which didn't stand out enough.
So I worked on the sound part to make it stand out.
By respecting the various meanings of the scene.

Read the description under the video to understand what, how and why.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gwin said:

In BTTF, you need a high amount of electricity to make the time machine work. In 1985, they used plutonium. Since plutonium did not yet exist in 1955, they had to use lightning to generate that amount of power to make the time machine work again in 1955.

The reason why I  think the BTTF phone case is just an easter egg is because the time travel in BTTF appears to be different from how it will be used (I think) in TKEM:

1.  Marty's friend Doc Brown dies of a shootout in 1985.

2.  Marty goes back in time to 1955

3.  Marty gives Doc Brown a note in 1955, to warn him of the exact date place and time Doc Brown will die in 1985.

4.  Because of the note from Marty, Doc Brown wears a bulletproof vest on that date he's supposed to die in 1985.  Although the shootout still happens, Doc Brown lives because of the bulletproof vest

How do you think something similar to the above can be used in TKEM?

@gwin I mean writer TKEM has taken many aspects from different stories and puts them into TKEM. For example, in ep 10 in the JTE/SJ scene at the cemetery, JTE asks " Who are you?". This very question was proposed in Alice in Wonderland by the caterpillar. In the story of Alice, she was on a journey to discover what her identity was much like SJ is trying to do. Also, lets not forget ES's whole scene with "Winter is Coming" as a reference to Game of Thrones saying which signified that something diastrous is about to occur. So back to your question as to how the things that can occur in BTTF can be applied to TKEM? Well it could mean JTE dies, LG travels to the past to give his young self a direction of who to look for and who to try and save. Also the connection with lightning as a means to make an object have time traveling abilities, maybe both the flute and sword plus lightning could activate time traveling capabilities. Or simply lightning is an indicator that one has traveled back to the future or past. Lightning is magical ! Its a component to make the unimaginable a reality !

• Like 12

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

1) I don't think LR sent the newspaper articles of ROK to lady PM. I mean if LR wants to bring the pregnant lady over to KOC to replace the rich one, why would he send the newspaper to lady PM to pique her interest?

I feel he would send it bcoz he would want pm koo to turn against the king.  I also feel he purposely left his umbrella at her mother's place. I don't think he could 'forget' taking umbrella . He is planning this since many days , he knows that LG can't explain about Lee Lim's existence because 25 yrs ago they said royal guards shot him which is a lie. So public would question the king's and his family's intention in hiding that fact. Lee lim knows that prince Buyeong and LG know that he is alive but can't explain that to the public . That's why LG ordered to remove all video traces of this confrontation making PM doubt his intentions and add to that the fact that her mother said that she saw the person who looks just like him. 

Lee lim must have known her weakness that is she doesn't want short-term power and try to use that to get her to his side. Although I feel no matter how power hungry she is I don't think she would go against the KOC and put her country in danger. Also someone pointed that her ex-husband may actually be Lee Lim's follower .( Guyong canal project)

2 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

Reveal hidden contents

He denies the existence of god and refuses to have faith in a deity and in the existence of supernatural

Sorry to cut short your post , I just wanted to say that I never once felt that LG does not believe in the existence of God. It is actually Lee lim who believes that. When LG finds Lee Lim's dopplegangler in ROK restaurant owner who points out how LG is born with everything including money and power , LG questions him saying who are they (Lee lim and his followers) to decide who should be born with what.  Only God decides that (something along those lines)

@vangsweetie637

I actually went back and re-watched that scene where Tae eul tells LG about her mom and you are right she just said that she died when TE was 5 yrs old due to sickness . But it seems too much of a coincidence that they would show her searching for her mom in KOC , telling us that TE looks exactly like her mom and Luna is about to die due to cancer in 3 months. :sweatingbullets:

And I agree with everyone else that TE's dad is a mystery has I said in previous posts he is not shown much and when he was last shown he was worrying about maximus and the king:joy:

I and till confused whether the blast goodbye scene is a dream / altered reality. In one angle we can't see LG but in next we see him with flowers.

And yes I agree it would be nice if LG gives his role to his cousin but I think it is unlikely. If anything else I feel Lee lim is going to switch her . 

Also I see no one mentioning this but what if LG decides to abolish monarchial rule? Because all this conflict started because Lee lim although in line to the throne was not considered because he was born to concubine. This will also stop ppl from his royal family being unhappy. I am not sure but  In epi 10 ppl gathered in prince Buyeong house were they his relatives? They consider prince Buyeong to be the head of the royal family  but he corrected them and not only that he felt the need to explain to his nephew that he doesn't have any ill intentions. Looks he always lived in the constant fear of his nephew misunderstanding him and also living away from his offspring. 

PM koo wants to be Queen because it life-long position but no monarchail rule then she will think being pm in itself is a huge achievement

Although I can't say much about KES previous dramas where otp has no room for third person ( because I have not seen all of her dramas especially old ones) but there is always a possibility to write something different but I don't see why in this series the king has to marry pm koo that too for heir. Why would having an heir solve problem of Lee lim. If anything LG would be aversive to marriage and heirs since he wouldn't want his son/ daughter to go through the same pain he went through. Before meeting tae eul he was very sure about not marrying anyone. IMO the only reason he proposed to JTE to be his Queen is because living away from her would be more painful to him and JTE  that he didn't consider other factors. When he finally realised the danger he was too late since JTE also developed feelings for him. 

Sorry for my long rant but I don't see what would make LG forget his initial aversion to marriage and heirs and agree to pm koo.:sweatingbullets:

In JTE it is love but

Pm koo? Nothing that can be solved by marriage.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

@mamabear @Edgar Pordwed Thanks a lot for the compliments.:wub: I am glad that you enjoyed reading the last analysis. I wasn't sure if it was okay for me to tag you but I had noticed that you would always reply to my analyses or like them, hence I chose to tag you.

Actually, I haven't watched the last episode yet due to work. The last analysis took me a long time... I had to watch again all the episodes  from 1 to 8. Actually, I have just read the spoilers and I have noticed a few things: the child with the yo-yo. Since I had already declared that he was a god, my mind was already looking for a child god and this is what I found: Horus, the son of Iris and Osiris , he was even called Hapocrates, as both are related.

Notice the similarities between our story and Horus:

- His father was killed by his uncle and Horus was seeking for revenge

- The gesture of the god Hapocrates: his finger under the mouth. The god of secrecy and confidentiality. 

And let us not forget that Arthur The King is a book about religion too, it is not just about a noble person destined to become a King. Arthur is a believer and he wants to expand Christianity with his knights. Here again, we found the same form, the circle: the Round Table resembles the yo-yo, both are round... and reminds us of the endless loop. And the balloon is somehow round as well.

However, I don't believe that JTE and Luna are the same person. Luna is JTE's doppelganger, she is just like the others. But the question is: was their place switched by the child with the yo-yo? Since JTE's mother died of cancer, it could be a clue that Luna was her real daughter. The child with the yo-yo knew that LR would switch SJ from MOC with KMH from ROK. Let us not forget the importance of the mirror... I have the impression that the child could have worked against LR by making similar moves and he was the one who helped LG before the boy was an adult. And this is no coincidence that JTE has become very close to SJ...

@vangsweetie637 @YongZura⁷ @mrsj3n @Dramafreak @imels @ktcjdrama 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4

@Umjicheok It was me who wrote this "He denies the existence of god and refuses to have faith in a deity and in the existence of supernatural."

But the scene you mentioned doesn't contradict my statement at all. Lee Gon was on his way to find faith again. His first step was to bring back the sword to his room. He is still doubtful but the more he discovers, the more he realizes that math and physics can not explain everything. So at the end, he has to admit that he was wrong and the episode 9 and 10 are the proof that he has become a believer. But like Blaise Pascal, he has realized that sciences and religion don't represent a contradiction which I wrote in my final statement. 

• Like 16

6 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

Do you like to get goose bumps?
Play the video and pump up the volume!

Here's an important scene from episode 4, which didn't stand out enough.
So I worked on the sound part to make it stand out.
By respecting the various meanings of the scene.

Read the description under the video to understand what, how and why.

Thanks....can you tell me what is it that i should read? Is it the spoken words of JTE wand the boy/girl? Sorry my brain is slow at this time of the day

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2