Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syntyche

[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

Reminder:

Please read my two reminders I posted (see top of each page). Please refrain from bringing in other dramas and compare their ratings to this drama. It only starts unnecessary conflict. Ratings these days - especially in times of streaming platforms - are very subjective and almost nobody will agree on one opinion.

As I said in my previous reminder, I will from now on hide all posts which mention other dramas and make comparisons without PM'ing the members.

Happy posting!

-Jillia

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

44 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Ok, am a bit calmer now...  I think the LG we see at the end is him from the future where TE has already died. He probably went back in time to see her again. He said he came from a far away place & even crossed the universe and had to travel through the moments frozen in time. And he also was crying, giving me the impression it was a goodbye kiss on his side. The only way he could have disappeared like that without her noticing it is either time stood still. If it is time travelling, there must be some sort of rule or time limit for LG to stay. Just like that novel turned movie "Time Traveller's Wife".

WRT to the preview?  TE  definitely is in Corea on her own.  Does not look like she is anywhere near the bamboo portal and since she is calling LG, she did not travel with him.  Was she kidnapped by LR? And in the process of escaping, shot someone?

This week will be PURE torture waiting for epi 11-12

As a final thought - with all these major hints of a tragic conclusion or that they can never be together (that talk with JY is another major red flag), am still holding on hope for a happy ending. I did not see Goblin or Mr Sunshine so I have no experience with what others refer to KES' penchant for a sad ending. Cos to be on a never-ending time loop?  That's is not only heart breaking.  It is simply cruel.  Come on KES, give us some redemption.

LG will find a wrinkle in the fabric of time.  He will find a way!

I’m hoping for a happy ending as well or something acceptable.  Otherwise, I swear, I’m going to fight KES. :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, LorenHaze said:

I’m hoping for a happy ending as well or something acceptable.  Otherwise, I swear, I’m going to fight KES. :ph34r:

I am also praying for a happy ending tho I think there will be alot of struggle in the coming episodes hope not one of our leads die

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Also realized: someone earlier wrote a really good text about the Prince's and LG's discussion about Faith. To fight it, or simply accept it i.e. go there. The latter is what the Prince asks LG to do. 

Pretty sure that future/savior LG leaves the ID badge to his past self so that he will meet JTE. He accepts his fate, that he will fall in love with her but that they will be separated. He will make himself - 'go there'/meet his faith (as the Prince put it about faith). It is a sad faith, but he chooses it. I don't think JTE will die in the drama, or if she dies LG will save her and by doing that set the time line right - but that will also separate them (perhaps by closing the gates). In the last scene I believe LG is saying goodbye to her because from his perspective they won't meet again. I don't believe he is saying goodbye because she dies. 

"I never even gave you a single flower" - LG to JTE

Seems to indicate that from this LG's point of view they do not have a future/are separated - I would guess because the gates are closed/closing

Agrh I really want the ending to be happy but the all the conversations about faith worry me a lot :tears:

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, LorenHaze said:

I have become KGE fan while watching this series. I absolutely won't accept her demise 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

So what many have pointed out is that the LG from episode 10 could be the one we saw in episode 1. Is that right? I remember thinking in episode 4 "Ohh, I think I know which way this is heading" but now I have no idea :lol:

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

The Kiss is hot fiyaaa

:kiss_wink::heart:

img.gif&key=d09474440a481c66ebf2b4220af8

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I am also praying for a happy ending tho I think there will be alot of struggle in the coming episodes hope not one of our leads die

I feel that with the ability to time travel, someone we love will die. LG, JTE & the audience have not been tortured enough.  lol. 

However, it’ll all fall into place with the result being...a happy ending. *crossing my fingers*

Either way, we all need to prepare ourselves.  

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, ms_inquiry said:

Another thought: the reason he suddenly disappeared in front of JTE is because time froze, right? So is he only time traveling through frozen moments? The phrasing of his last words to JTE seem to indicate they she will see him after he has traveled through those frozen moments - since he asks her not to worry because he seems to be gone (and the phrasing seem to indicate that those events, her being worried and him being gone, has already happened to him, rather then that it is currently happening to him). However this is only based on the phrasing of those few sentences and might just as well mean that she shouldn't worry because he is not dead, but gone only because he is time traveling.

I also think he's time travelling through frozen moments. Didn't we saw a still for the drama where we were saying LG was wearing a different outfit from the drama scene when JTE was putting up her hair? It was during the frozen moment, so maybe we will see that image later on where he goes back to that frozen moment to see that beautiful image again.

What if in the end, LG's sacrifice is to stay in the world of in-between with the flute so people won't ever be able to use the flute for wrong ever again. So he just stay there forever and sometimes just visits JTE by visiting her throughout all the previous loops. JTE mentioned that LG might stay young forever while she ages so she is going to die even if they resolved the issue. That might just happen. For some reason I feel like the ending is going to be just as bittersweet as Goblin. :tears:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 4

I'm glad they ease off the PPLs in this episode, and like that they even made fun of themselves with the coffee PPL in front of the police station. But I agreed with many that it seems choppy and not much happen to progress the main storyline. I don't think they can even justify it as non-linear storytelling or time travel, it's just poor editing, imo. I hope that it's just this episode. The preview looks very promising!

As for the romance, when they're together it's cute, so they have chemistry... but i just don't feel emotional invested in them like the drama wants me to be. So the big dramatic scenes where they run into each other's arms or crying in each other's arms or even the last dramatic kiss, they feel like a Hallmark movie, beautifully shot but a bit empty.

I'm interested in solving the mystery, though, and I like the cast of actors, especially WOH as Yeong and ES. I've been watching the drama at 1.5x speed lately, and normal speed for the more interesting parts. I recommend watching it like this for who just want to see what happens next but don't want to sit through the slower pace scenes and PPLs.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 6

Posted (edited)

I deleted my messages because I came to realize that the website is not from Netflix data itself. They just collected from everyday’s ranking  and then calculated it. Some of friends here have  corrected  me via direct message that the website does not  have the data before it started so some of dramas on the list weren’t counted thoroughly. which all makes sense because the top 10 feature came only a while ago so they don’t have those numbers from January , February and most of March.  I hope this is not causing any chaos. And the moderator can delete it if it does. 

Edited by Aboveall
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I have become KGE fan while watching this series. I absolutely won't accept her demise 

Omgoodness...what took you so long to become a KGE fan? *winks*

She’s low key multi talented and just has a genuine warmth about her. Glad that you’re on the KGE train. 

“I absolutely won’t accept her demise”

- Elnin Joery

LOVE IT :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, Aboveall said:

I deleted my messages because I came to realize that the website is not from Netflix data itself. They just collected from everyday’s ranking  and then calculated it. Some of friends here have  corrected  me via direct message that the website does not  have the data before it started so some of dramas on the list weren’t counted thoroughly. which all makes sense because the top 10 feature came only a while ago so they don’t have those numbers from January , February and most of March.  I hope this is not causing any chaos. And the moderator can delete it if it does. 

The following 3 websites regarding all netflix charts are relieable and have good source on Netflix.. 

Most exlusively they site each other while Sometimes Netflix feed them source directly.  

OMDb API

Flixpatrol

What's new on Netflix

Some of the series on top have already got there numbers released by Netflix while the others in the lower of the top 20 mostly don't have it released yet officially but it's mixed example shows like Ozark have it's numbers released earlier this year etc etc while some will get it later but stil the charts for them are mostly on point. 

• Like 5

The first scene clearly says that tae-eul is alive and interrogating lee lim who is powerless and LG is the one who went in past to save himself but somehow stuck somewhere in time loop but he is keeping that ID(in memory of tae-eul).

I don’t think Lee Gon is just simply disappeared here. I think the path between 2 worlds is getting longer, so the time stop when someone crossed it are also longer.Lunar New Year for 2020 is on 25/1. Lee Gon went to Korea on 15/1 and back on 23/1 (8 days). He went there just for hug but it took him that long  . He left her when the time stop. So, from her POV, it looks like he is disappeared .

6ep left  Im not ready!!!

• Like 11
  • Insightful 9

Heard that tomorrow's TKEM Special won't be streamed in Netflix.  Hope an english-subbed version will be made available elsewhere and not just via SBS.  Otherwise a lot of non-SK fans won;t be able to view it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Heard that tomorrow's TKEM Special won't be streamed in Netflix.  Hope an english-subbed version will be made available elsewhere and not just via SBS.  Otherwise a lot of non-SK fans won;t be able to view it.

We will hire a subber somehow :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

20 minutes ago, LorenHaze said:

Omgoodness...what took you so long to become a KGE fan? *winks*

She’s low key multi talented and just has a genuine warmth about her. Glad that you’re on the KGE train. 

“I absolutely won’t accept her demise”

- Elnin Joery

LOVE IT :heart:

Good to see another Go Eun Fan:heart: I will not accept it period! 

JTE:kiss_wink:

tenor.gif?itemid=16934101

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I just realised that preview stills can be scenes before final hug and kiss in Today's episode since that's the pattern of each episode. So something would happen to JTE in first half of next episode?!:tears: 

Also I always had this feeling that LTE romance was shown sped up bcoz this is not the first time that they met:) hence they were able to develop feelings faster. 

Since that confession scene by tae eul the ominous feeling grew, Tae eul's voiceover talking about fate and prince buyeong- Lee gon talking about fate makes me think that they are fated with each other and must find each other in every time loop:rolleyes:

Wish prince Buyeong had met tae eul since it was his and Lee Gon's wish.:anguished: 

PM koo's role could have been sketched out well. I mean at first I thought she makes all decisions but in the end she is shown listening to that old man and now depending on her ex husband and looks like she will be the pawn of lee lim although I feel she would still choose to be loyal to the King and KOC.

Also if this show is going to be sad or bittersweet ending then I will be wary of KGE's next drama because in her past 2 dramas endings were bittersweet or not satisfactory:sweatingbullets: and she also never gets normal guy to date  :Pand she was also involved with accident in previous 2 dramas :o

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

LOVE KGE!

She's my favorite!

Hope nothing happens to her. JTE and LG need a well deserved happy ending!

• Like 4
  • Love 9