[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I just love how LG loves TE being jealous!

That's all. Carry on my friends ;)

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

1) LTE's road trip and the conversation they had. But I'm disappointed that LG did not want to explain to JTE about the flute. 

Probably because LG & OK Nam promised that it is a secret between them. Go back to their conversation in the palace.  When Ok Nam says she knows, she also looked at the flute in the whip.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. This is the last time I will merge your posts - next time you'll receive a official warning.
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Umjicheok said:

Tbh I am not naive and I understand the need of PPL since they generate revenue and thus better production qualities for us but this is the first series that I am actually having problem, they are not at all subtle and writer/director should try to incorporate them in the storyline properly. I mean they even talk about the product when they could just show the name of the product. As it is we get very few romantic scenes and even in those scenes half of them are PPL?! :o also I feel they are under-utilizing kge-lmh acting abilities on the romance front. 

1. I was the one who was wondering about who threw the rag and I agree that she was just not allowed to complete her suicide process and even I was thinking about possibility of Lee lim being in love with late queen and I am also curious they didn't show her face in KOC.

2. Regarding subtitles- they are not always right. He said me too. 

this is unrelated to king but I was researching Cheese in the trap (bcoz I wass missing KGE:P)  and Netflix translated oppa as 'cutie pie':mellow: 

3. Even I was not surprised he called LG by his name since he was a child when he was brought to ROC and he doesn't exactly consider himself citizen of ROC.

4. I was thinking about face mask murder case and there is more to it than roommate killing her. Why? Bcoz when they show another murder case of chaebol son they show that Lee Lim's assistant first gives the fatal wound then drops that knife towards doppelganger indicating that he should complete the process. Why would they show that to us? When police were investigating face mask girl they said the first wound itself was fatal then there was second wound. Why did they make it a point to tell us?!:sweatingbullets: may be I am thinking too much.

this week I was rewatching CITP and am still pissed that they did that with the story...otherwise that series would have been perfect .:tears:

Yes, I am having a problem with the PPL too to the point that I didn't enjoy the scene next to the Han river. It is a first that they are even saying things like in an advertisement. 

On the other hand, I have to say that I am enjoying more the episodes 3 and 4 after watching those again because they gave much more info than it appeared. I remember that people complained that the episode 3 was too slow. Actually, the episode 3 and 4 give us clues about JTE and LG's mentality.

I have the impression that while SJ is on the edge of the wrong path, GSR is his mirror in MOC. She is also walking on a small path between good and bad. That's why the episode 7 and 8 focused on these two characters. Both made huge discoveries. So SJ could turn to the good side, while the Prime Minister turns to the bad side. 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 5

20 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay guys - is it Li Lim or Li Rim?

Even I have swapped it a time or two - which is correct? :unsure:

LCO

In Korean language L and R can be used interchangeably. Also applicable for G and K. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

@mychoiyoung

He did tell JTE that he told her about the steak in the bowl to make her jealous.

She is just reciprocating.  LOL

The scene between LG and Lady Noh is after he returned to KOC.

Lady Noh understood that LG went over to the parallel universe.

But I'm upset that LG did not deem it is good to tell JTE about the flute. The myth or the legend of it.

But i think our JTE is a smart girl. She will catch it very soon because I still remembered when LG tried to show JTE the bamboo forest at the first few episode, he did mention that he does not has the right tool or something.

So who knows? She will notice it soon!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@kboramint yes, what we saw was a glimpse into the future. What we don’t know is why. them anyways, paving way for the disruption of a person’s time to die. 

Wait... This is Jo Yong's computer. Could that mean that  Yong is the time traveller that will save young LG NOT LG himself??    

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just wondering the phone that Shin-jae picked up, was it his or Lee Gon? Then why does LG not ask JTE who KSJ’s parents are? So that he will find the tea girl spy and not only LSD-spy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I wish this would be the case. But nope, I want to keep my expectation as low as it could be to hope it will surprise me otherwise. 

With regard to JTE agreeing to be the queen...

Just a joke but why can she not be more flexible? Be a weekend queen! She can have the best of both the worlds.

Also right now both need to be sharing and making a joint strategy instead of creating information gaps!

@Jad068 that is just the point! They both did not even discuss SJ!

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

Just wondering the phone that Shin-jae picked up, was it his or Lee Gon? Then why does LG not ask JTE who KSJ’s parents are? So that he will find the tea girl spy and not only LSD-spy.

It was his.  He was using it as flashlight when he first entered the room.

LG has not told JTE yet about SJ's revelation.  I also wondered why, he could have told her when they had their date by the river.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

He did tell JTE that he told her about the steak in the bowl to make her jealous.

She is just reciprocating.  LOL

The scene between LG and Lady Noh is after he returned to KOC.

Lady Noh understood that LG went over to the parallel universe.

But I'm upset that LG did not deem it is good to tell JTE about the flute. The myth or the legend of it.

That was just a reiteration of their promise.  They made it long time ago when LG was still young - in front of the race tracks, remember?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, binniejinniecultivator said:

- what are your thoughts on LR's line?

SJ is "The wrong move i made."

JTE is "The move i didn't make."

Soo curious on this one.

been thinking about this the whole day.

my theories:

SJ is LR's wrong move because SJ could be his son. 3rd (?) in line to the throne and he brought him to Korea to be safe. But it's a wrong move because SJ seems to be never at peace in his life in Korea. He even needs medicine to sleep. Remember the PM and her mother's conversation that LR doesn't even have an heir. They highlighted that.

Note that LR doesn't want SJ & JTE to be harmed. He told his man to let them be. And maybe he's having them followed. He is developing pictures of them. I don't think he knows LG is seeing JTE on that scene.

JTE is the move he didn't make because maybe he could have a reason in the past to switch her and he didn't. Not knowing The King would fall in love with her in the future. That's how precious she is. It's a missed opportunity knowing that her doppelganger (Luna) is a skilled thief and killer.

• Like 7

Sometimes you just want to give a response to some posts but then you hold back because the answer/s might be in tonight's episode and  at the moment you can only speculate.  I'll wait until tomorrow. 

Last night was a rare occasion i.e to be able to stream without any problem at all.  Will I need to prepare extra tissue for tonight's scene?

Hopefully they will continue with the face-off as a start.  The public must be shocked to be caught in this situation.  Will they be able to understand what is going on? Who is that man? The news would have been spread everywhere by now... How is LG going to prove that this  is the man who is supposed to be non-existent.  

A few more hours from now...

• Like 4

I know its kind of late to comment last night episode. Too exhausted after a week of work during ramadhan. Just enjoy watching it today. Everytime Eun Sop scene, I will laugh. OMG! when ES acted as Yoeng, I laugh harder! LG had to keep him as a dong saeng like this. Have to make sure he action as Yeong, had to make him eat. ES even bring kimchi from ROK! lol. How do he remember bringing that?! I know its a PPL but still OMG! LG have to let Lady Noh know about this. Anyway. 

LG scene with Maximus always looks incredible. Can I say beautiful? A king in a white horse. 

Does public know that exhusband of PM is in prison? If in ROK, the netizen must be make a hell of it. She even dream to be queen.. Oh so ambitious is she? So contra from her mother who looks simple. 

Yup, PPL is a lot. But, the chicken PPL with LG n JTE make it look tastier. I'm craving for them now.. I mean, the crispy chicken. I'm not fan of BBQ Chicken anyway. The chicken is excellent but the food is not variety. :)

• Like 6

Y’all, could we have a bit of Greek mythology here?  They’ve mentioned Sophocles and fate, could we perhaps have a play on the three fates and the loom?  Could the kid be Chronos?  

I need to stop overthinking!!

The crazy thing for this series is almost everything could be foreshadowing, or important imagery, or a massive clue to something that’s already happened.

Or blatant PPL, it’s one or the other.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 8

LMH twt and MYM IG update

Unexpected encounter in the bamboo grove! LeeEul couple's love gets more affectionate and desperate, which makes us fall into the story of The King. Don't forget to watch The King today.

EYIVrbiUEAEmFIr?format=jpg&name=small

EYIVsB0U0AAbbsV?format=jpg&name=small

EYIVslNVAAA-3GY?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5
  • Love 9

1a7c647c5ff948019267a1a7d035e3b8.jpeg?s=

Listen: Red Velvet’s Wendy And Block B’s Zico Enthrall With “The King: Eternal Monarch” OST “My Day Is Full Of You”

Red Velvet’s Wendy and Block B’s Zico have teamed up for SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch”!

On May 16 at 6 p.m. KST, the music video for Wendy and Zico’s collaboration “My Day Is Full of You” was released.

“My Day Is Full of You” is a song that features a melodious piano that blends well with Wendy’s clear vocal tone and Zico’s rhythmical rapping. The song goes perfectly with the storyline and has been used in the drama since episode nine, which aired on May 15.

The music video features moments between Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho as they take on their characters, detective Jung Tae Eul and emperor Lee Gon.

Check out the music video below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400692wpp/listen-red-velvets-wendy-and-block-bs-zico-enthrall-with-the-king-eternal-monarch-ost-my-day-is-full-of-you

• Like 8

The blatant PPL in this drama is maybe its effort for comedic relief??? 

It's soooo obvious that it is funny. The cringey lines - such as products that the king uses, etc... Hahaha, anyone find it funny rather than annoying? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5