[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 minute ago, mrsj3n said:

Ji Hun as in LG's doppelganger?

But how would he know how to unless LG will finally meet his doppelganger soon.

For LR to have mercy for LG's doppelganger is shocking.

But if his purpose is to bring the doppelganger over to KOC so that he can abdicate the throne to LR  without objection (just like how they did with the big company in episode 7).. so it is also possible.

Since Lee Rim has been labelled as traitor and everyone knows about his coup d'Etat, he definitely can not access to the throne himself. Just like in Harry Potter, Voldemort never ruled the wizard world in the open, he placed his own people in the administration/government and the Prime minister in the book 6 and 7 was just a puppet. That's why censor and arbitrary arrests could happen and everything was validated by saying that there were people threatening the wizard world.

We thought, Lee Lim had killed the boy first but we never saw the corpse and since he faked the death of his own doppelganger, we can assume that he didn't kill the boy. On the other hand, he had to separate the mother from the child in order to manipulate him, to turn him into a puppet. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since Lee Rim has been labelled as traitor and everyone knows about his coup d'Etat, he definitely can not access to the throne himself. Just like in Harry Potter, Voldemort never ruled the wizard world in the open, he placed his own people in the administration/government and the Prime minister in the book 6 and 7 was just a puppet. That's why censor and arbitrary arrests could happen and everything was validated by saying that there were people threatening the wizard world.

We thought, Lee Lim had killed the boy first but we never saw the corpse and since he faked the death of his own doppelganger, we can assume that he didn't kill the boy. On the other hand, he had to separate the mother from the child in order to manipulate him, to turn him into a puppet. 

Well then Ji-Hun if alive always has the reason to be a Snape and Betray LR (his uncle whom he clearly saw being killed I believe in ROK he was not hated as LR was and mother being taken away), he was the game changer in HP so can Ji-Hun be the ID dropper in first episode, but then He has to understand the entire Parallel universe thing and Why Do we need the restoration. Now Ji-Hun is a Science Geek or Liberal Art guy has to be seen.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I won't watch live stream next week, because without lines , so long detective scenes really can't pass, I will wait translation .I am looking continously when Lee Gon come out? But wait wait, 20 min. passed, 30 min. passed still he isn't.75 min. drama , Lee Gon maybe 10-15 min( I didn't check maybe less)  Shin Jae eats ice cream ( 3 min.) Shin Jae dinner with chief (5 min) But couple scene is just for chicken CF , I am starting to tear my hair out .Seamiest I am starting to understand Korean , I saw so many comments "Content is diffucult but I watch because of LMH, but he comes out so little" etc. I hope KES won't go on this. She must not use just LMH name for this drama .

15 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Today. I have access to all libraries via VPN express

thank you

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Well then Ji-Hun if alive always has the reason to be a Snape and Betray LR (his uncle whom he clearly saw being killed I believe in ROK he was not hated as LR was and mother being taken away), he was the game changer in HP so can Ji-Hun be the ID dropper in first episode, but then He has to understand the entire Parallel universe thing and Why Do we need the restoration. Now Ji-Hun is a Science Geek or Liberal Art guy has to be seen.

First, Lee Rim looks down on children and as such he is underestimating their strong will. So he won't imagine that Ji Hun could have his own thoughts if Lee Rim somehow raised him. I do think that Ji Hun will betray him and he won't expect it. 

Since Lee Gon is a mathematician, then we have to imagine that Ji Hun could be more interested in liberal arts and as such in belief/faith. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Geolyvseven said:

Lmao! I was casually checking who liked my last comments then all of sudden someone by hilarious account name popped up called Jangmi92 with this pic avatar.. 

Why didn't I think of that but I might rename my account name to rose93unicorn@net in honor of the great Jangmi 

Hahaha. Normally there is alot of funny names on Soompi 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Ji Hun as in LG's doppelganger?

But how would he know how to unless LG will finally meet his doppelganger soon.

For LR to have mercy for LG's doppelganger is shocking.

But if his purpose is to bring the doppelganger over to KOC so that he can abdicate the throne to LR  without objection (just like how they did with the big company in episode 7).. so it is also possible.

Finally get the time to rewatch episode 7.

Saw the scene of JTE and SJ shooting without earmuffs. Lol.

And the audio which JTE shared with LG stopped about the K stadium and the number of seats.

How I wish JTE let LG listen finish!!!

To this day I haven't figured out where they got that tape from. I have seen the part where he describes it as the northern regions but I have not seen where they got that tape from. Couldn't have been some of the people they arrested earlier or found it on a murder scene?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

To this day I haven't figured out where they got that tape from. I have seen the part where he describes it as the northern regions but I have not seen where they got that tape from. Couldn't have been some of the people they arrested earlier or found it on a murder scene?

It was a recording retrieved from the 2G phone at Lee Sang Do’s crime scene - the corpse found in the car in Ep1.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, Hikki said:

It was a recording retrieved from the 2G phone at Lee Sang Do’s crime scene - the corpse found in the car in Ep1.

Bingo! There you have it. It somehow slipped from my memories as I was eyeing constantly the main lead couple. I was in full blown shipper mode

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gwin said:

I think you misunderstood what I said.  If time travel is involved, one of the main "rules" is that you cannot save yourself from the dead.  If you already died, there is no "future" you.

Assuming that no one came to save young Lee Gon in 1994, he would have died.  That means there's no adult Lee Gon, since the young Lee Gon died in 1994.

Thus, it has to be someone else who goes back in time and saves young Lee Gon.  It cannot be this Lee Gon we are seeing right now.  Once you save young Lee Gon in 1994, a new alternative timeline is created where Lee Gon grows into an adult.

Actually, to me,  there are certain clues that “fate” or god is involved. 
1. JTE losing her ID in the first place by the “boy”
2. LG did not freak out when JTE’s ID was stolen in his palace. That the puzzle pieces are slowly coming together. 
3. LG handed the “original” ID that he has kept in his possession for 25 years. I think LG has to make sacrifices for the greater good. 
if I remember correctly King Arthur and his knights had to go thru trails in search for the holy grail. 
So I think god or the tree moves the pieces of the  puzzles  ....Maybe one of the worlds were created accidentally? And in order to create balance one has to cancel one? Who knows, but I think LG’s survival has to part of the equation to set order and balance. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, graceyco said:

Anyway, what really amazes me is the plot that KES has laid is a solid groundwork that could easily branch into a multi-verse of possibilities so wishful thinking is for this to be expanded into more episodes...but that seems impossible now since a new drama is slated after TKEM Episode 16. :sweatingbullets:

Yup it would be even much better if they prolong it to 25 or 30 I don't mind. I suffers from withdrawal syndrome very early here. :(

At first I thought I won't be too invested in watching this. I thought I would watch it without any more thoughts. But then the first teaser came out pretty exciting and promising. After watching it, the story gets much more interesting than I expected. So I feel glad that I can enjoy this drama a lot. Even I love the casts, mostly the OTP, but most of their previous works didn't really grab my attention like this one.

40 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

And the audio which JTE shared with LG stopped about the K stadium and the number of seats.

How I wish JTE let LG listen finish!!!

Let's assume they have rewind it over and over and we're just about to see when they stop listening to it. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

48 minutes ago, Keikokoko said:
8 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

Funny I am on this board when most of the King fans I think are out.

We are with handsome king and beautiful JTE in the other universe. :) Did you not get the message to meet in bamboo forest? 

Noooooooo. LOL Please show the way to the bamboo forest, tee-hee

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

The 2G phone is the big clue that will lead them to LR's whereabouts soon. All of his minions communicate with him through this phone. So far TE realized that the recent roommate murder case also related to 2G phone. She found the  charger but not the phone but she knows it must be hidden somewhere. Of course she coudn'y find it since the girl who turned in herself has kept it as her life insurance. She thought she could use it to threaten LR to get her out and did what he promised to her, taking her to ROC. But this girl is just one of the puppets that they can use and dispose all they like after they use it. Instead of getting her way they threaten her life will be in danger if she plans to blow up about their work history. 

Then next scene, our king also get the 2G phone from the resto owner. 

"There are no numbers saved on this phone. I supposed this is just for answering the calls that you're waiting for. That means I can answer at least one phone call. Take your own life, it is a suicide order".

So through LG we know that LR has trained his minions to be this loyal to him even if they betray him the last thing that they can do is to kill themselves, removing the traces. Or if something got out of hands, they need to keep silent and not tell anything about him.

I'm glad that LG keep his anger cool and think very carefully how to counterattack with LR's plan. He didn't kill the guy but he'll take him to ROC to be put on trial with ROC's law. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, madmad min said:

There are 2 people see, uh The one who shoots the minions of LR escapes (one with Blue shoes) before one of the Person in LR's team asks him to leave because Royal Guards may come at any time , Then when LR is leaving / about to leave another Person with black shoes appears who does shoot But not on any person , he is shooting on the case where the flute was kept, meanwhile LR leaves and then HE the one with black shoes Drops the ID Card after checking baby LG's pulse.

That is why I suspect LG is the one checks the pulse , the actual one who creates commotion escapes initially.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:06 AM, 1ouise said:

That is a really interesting piece of information: there were two different shoes shown when the savior came to young LG!

I don't think it is a goof.

That means two different people OR two different times.

One thing I am sure of: the actor in black is LMH.

Of course, the show can make the story whatever they want it to be.  :D

Yay!  I'm glad more people are putting their brain power to work on the two saviors.  This first came up back on page 175.  Haha!

I think it could be either LJH + LG, or LG + LG.

The curious thing is the savior didn't drop/leave the ID; it was grabbed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

The curious thing is the savior didn't drop/leave the ID; it was grabbed.

I think Baby LG was trying to grab/get hold of the person who was checking his pulse, The person in question did not want to be touched hence got up to leave that is when the ID fell and Baby LG grabbed it.

The Visible Shoe saviors could be as per me are.

LG+Ji-Hun

LG+SJ

SJ+Ji-Hun

The amount of LG we use seems like we are doing PPL for LG instead of Lee Gon :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 11