Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syntyche

[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

@syntyche @scrawford I wonder if it will complicate things if Lee Gon has a doppelgänger. But I must say, that will blow my mind out of my head. And I can’t complain seeing 2 LMH on my screen. I have one request though. Can we please have the Korean Lee Gon evil? How hot would it be to see them battle each other? :lol:

Excuse me, I can never let go of my fangirling instincts lol. 

1 hour ago, encantadia said:

hi, guys,  i've been reading this thread from the beginning and I love to read all your comments and point of views about the drama. This is my first time commenting coz I've been curious about the Japan-Kingdom of Corea feud in ep. 6. Does this mean that Japan has also parralel universe that deals with the Kingdom of Corea for how can they deal with two Koreas, and if you include North Korea, that would be 3 Koreas. Not only Japan, but all the rest of the world, how can they deal with both Kingdom of Corea and Republic of Korea? or does this mean that in the story, the world knows about this 2 countries but the 2 countries don't know that each other exists? I'm really confuse. What's your opinion about this?

Welcome :D

The easiest way to think of it is as two worlds that cannot communicate with each other. “Worlds” meaning the entire universe including earth: United States, Korea, Japan, etc. In the world where Corea exists, there are all the countries we know of too but these countries belong to that world and not ours. This is the concept of parallel worlds. To clarify, the Japan we see in episode 6 is parallel to the Japan in the world we know. They are different. 

Take for example, Corea is to Korea as Gapan is to Japan. If it’s easier to distinguish, let’s say Gapan is the country that went to war with Corea. Hope this helps. :)

—————————————

@gwin welcome :) You can find the five minute trailer on this post.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, encantadia said:

thanks for answering, somewhat clarifies my confusion. so, it's safe to say that the kingdom of corea is dealing with the parallel universe of their neighboring countries. hope this gets clarified in the story. 

Yupp, just think of it as there's 2 Earth's and the portals between the two Earth's need the flute to activate. 

We know each world has its own version of the same countries since MSA from LG's universe talked about how she's from Canada and her family owns property there, but MNR from JTE's universe had lived in Korea her whole life and is one of her close friends. There's also that scene in Ep5 that showed Corea was ranked 4th in highest GDP in the world. JTE was surprised since in her universe Korea isn't ranked 4th. Each universe has its own GDP ranking, it's own thing going on. 

• Like 5

And I cannot stop repeating this OST.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

MYM IG update

Perfect modelling of outfits, the Monarch's gown, horseback riding clothes and even the Naval uniform! "The King" apparently shows the right standard of uniform with its fantastic fashion styles!

202005041331156710_1.jpg

• Like 14
  • Love 6

I'm still in cloud 9 after watching the last 2 episodes. :blush:

Our dear Lee Eul is amazingly beautiful together. :wub:

img+%25281%2529.gif

img.gif

GIFs credit to owner.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, I am still back reading few pages. 

• Like 8
  • Love 8

Can't wait for the Ep 5 and 6 BTS to arrive! Looks like it had a lot of fun moments off-cam! :P

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Does anyone know the instrumental music that plays when Lee Got first sees JTE? The music builds up and it quite memorable. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

There have been questions about the existence of another door to cross the parallel worlds. Lee Rim might be using another one aside from the one in the bamboo forest, which is guarded by the royal court and CCTVs. 

In the opening credits, there seems to be another door, through some arc structure:

By the way, there's a link to the character description and other useful links in the first page of this thread. We need all the help we can get in analyzing this drama :) 

this is one of the MANY questions i have since i started watching TKEM. i mean, apart from the portal/gateway/door leading to KOC and vice versa, is there another way that LR uses which makes it easier for him to recruit and grow his minions? because if the bamboo forest is the only way to leave KOC and return undetected, then it makes me think that he has enough minions in the palace who cover his tracks once he sees the need to use the portal/gateway/door undetected/unrestricted.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kara N said:

Does anyone know the instrumental music that plays when Lee Got first sees JTE? The music builds up and it quite memorable. 

Hi @Kara N. It's the first OST:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

Oh wow ... another yellow tree.  It seems like that could be what TE planted.

Who do you think is with TE interrogating LR?

SJ from Korea? who crossed to Corea?

SJ from Corea? 

They are the same person?

Since there's no duel role of Kim Kyung Nam on the Character Chart. I think that's SJ from Korea and crossed to Corea. But how ? Maybe we will wait to know how LR sent so many persons to Corea. Although crossing needs the flute, I wonder if he sent them by himself.

• Like 5

I have a question, someone who has watched all the episodes and paid very well attention please help me: when LG entered Republic of Korea world they couldn't find his identity. When JTE entered Kingdom of Corea world she gave her fingerprint but of course they couldn't identify her existence. However, when the elder doctor presented the real death certificate of Prince Emperor Geum, he said 'even the fingerprint of the body (that was handicapped) matched Lee Lim's.'. How is this possible if this was a person from the parallel world?

Please excuse my English. And thank you to anyone who could explain me this.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Hi @Kara N. It's the first OST:

The instrumental music that I'm talking about starts at  0:12. Is it the same because my ears don't really pick up the same notes.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, L A said:

I have a question, someone who has watched all the episodes and paid very well attention please help me: when LG entered Republic of Korea world they couldn't find his identity. When JTE entered Kingdom of Corea world she gave her fingerprint but of course they couldn't identify her existence. However, when the elder doctor presented the real death certificate of Prince Emperor Geum, he said 'even the fingerprint of the body (that was handicapped) matched Lee Lim's.'. How is this possible if this was a person from the parallel world?

MAYBE, they share the same DNA under different worlds but not exactly having the same circumstances and features of LR in KOC vis-a-vis LR's doppelganger in ROK. if you can recall, prince buyeong knew something was amiss because the LR in KOC had a fairly good build while the doppelganger in ROK was born with poliomyelitis.

• Like 3

Beans and spinach, no problem.  Lee Gon is now ready for the calling of the Four Tiger Sword.

b8b02eb09530e66c4e2449b20c570ac87de2b1c5

2cc70b720a182324c7d7a1297e44880c6f12b062

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
  • Awesome 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

Yupp, just think of it as there's 2 Earth's and the portals between the two Earth's need the flute to activate. 

We know each world has its own version of the same countries since MSA from LG's universe talked about how she's from Canada and her family owns property there, but MNR from JTE's universe had lived in Korea her whole life and is one of her close friends. There's also that scene in Ep5 that showed Corea was ranked 4th in highest GDP in the world. JTE was surprised since in her universe Korea isn't ranked 4th. Each universe has its own GDP ranking, it's own thing going on. 

oh yes! I forgot that scene how MSA saying they have properties in Canada in Corea. Now it's clear to me.thank you for these details that I have overlooked.

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

@syntyche @scrawford I wonder if it will complicate things if Lee Gon has a doppelgänger. But I must say, that will blow my mind out of my head. And I can’t complain seeing 2 LMH on my screen. I have one request though. Can we please have the Korean Lee Gon evil? How hot would it be to see them battle each other? :lol:

Excuse me, I can never let go of my fangirling instincts lol. 

Welcome :D

The easiest way to think of it is as two worlds that cannot communicate with each other. “Worlds” meaning the entire universe including earth: United States, Korea, Japan, etc. In the world where Corea exists, there are all the countries we know of too but these countries belong to that world and not ours. This is the concept of parallel worlds. To clarify, the Japan we see in episode 6 is parallel to the Japan in the world we know. They are different. 

Take for example, Corea is to Korea as Gapan is to Japan. If it’s easier to distinguish, let’s say Gapan is the country that went to war with Corea. Hope this helps. :)

—————————————

@gwin welcome :) You can find the five minute trailer on this post.

yes, now it's clear to me that the other countries are parallel worlds too. I've been wondering and thinking about that since i watched ep. 6 and I wanted to confirm if my thoughts were right or is it just me who's confused. it makes sense to me now. thanks.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

202005041331156710_1.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho's incomparable "uniform figure," which shows off his dignity as emperor with superior visuals is a hot topic.

The behind-the-scenes of Lee Min-ho wearing his uniform for the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" was unveiled, where he is playing the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire.

Following the appearance of the black emperor's uniform and equestrian uniform that dominated viewer's eyes from its first appearance in the drama, Lee Min-ho in a white naval uniform draws attention. His superior visuals, which properly captures the dignity of the emperor in any outfit, are drawing admiration.

In particular, the stills featuring Emperor Lee Gon, a former Navy captain in a Navy uniform,  is from the sixth episode of "The King," which aired on May 2, where he tries to directly respond to Japan, which invaded the territorial waters of the Korean Empire. Like the line in the drama, "the imperial family wears military uniforms at the most honorable moment," it is a scene with a special meaning symbolizing Lee Gon's stern responsibility.

Lee Min-ho showed off his perfect uniform fit with his tall, solid shoulders and clear facial features. In the photo of the hand salute, which shows a deep sense of mission and pride, Lee Min-ho's strong masculinity and charisma stand out, as he portrays Lee Gon, the commander-in-chief of the military and the emperor of the Korean Empire.

Lee Min-ho's image in navy uniform had sparked a heated response among netizens even before the broadcast. From horseback riding and emperor uniforms to Navy uniforms, his unique aura in uniform not only immerse him in the character, but is also a delight to see.

In response, the broadcast on the same day led to a favorable response from viewers, with the highest viewer rating rising to 11.9 percent at the moment based on Nielsen Korea, topping the entire channel's time zone.

Lee Min-ho's "The King," which airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. on SBS, shows his potential as the "Roco (romantic comedy) Emperor" with his appearance that perfectly fits the role of the emperor, a more upgraded maturity, and his sincerity and affectionate charm.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005041343325448617_1

• Like 12
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, L A said:

LG's Doppelganger in ROK supposedly was murdered in 1994 when he was a child. Therefore, they can't find his identiity in present time. I also have a theory on JTE's doppelganger Luna is not from KOC BUT a third alternative world that we don't know yet. This explains why they can't find JTE's doppelganger's existence on KOC.   

• Like 3

@1ouise Some people don't live really opposite lives because they belong to the middle classes. The closer to the mirror (middle), the closer they are to each other. However, the photograph has definitely a lower income than the tea shop owner. So she is just from a lower social class from the middle class and has just a lower income in Mon. Corea than in Rep. Korea. And I would like to remember about the life of the Prime minister. Since she comes from a low social class and was able to climb up the social ladder, we have to wonder if the opposite didn't happen in Rep. Korea. I have the impression that despite her greed and ambition, she could reject Lee Rim's offer as the latter has not worked hard in order to get rid of the King. He is just using dirty tricks in order to achieve his goal... Sure, the mother helped LR with the cane. And we have to wonder if the PRime Minister is not related to Lee Rim, like an illegitimate child, and was raised by her single mother. It would be interesting to see a riff between mother and daughter... But that's just a theory from my part.

Actually, I was already thinking that this place must have taken in Mon. Corea because JTE knew about the brother and the king. Besides it looks like Lee Rim has just killed his own brother. He was wearing the same clothes than in the night in 1994. He has blood on the collar... So there is a huge indication that LG must have changed the timeline.  image.png If you look at the sign under LG, you'll recognize one clock... indicating that there time is important. However, if you pay closer attention, you'll notice a circle which reminds us of another clock. In my opinion, the time travel is here already represented. And the second clock could symbolize LG's actions (his other self in the future). That's why both clocks are drawn under him. Furthermore, I wonder if LG has decided to switch SJ and JTE from Rep. Korea to Mon. Corea. Both are cops in Mon. Corea and not in Rep. Korea... so maybe Luna will die in Rep. Korea and take her identity, while LG is able to give her a new identity in Mon. Corea.

Finally, I would like to add another observation: the presence of the red balloon in the passage between two worlds. I find it interesting that LG didn't wonder about the presence of the red balloon. He only explained why the red balloon would remain there but he never wondered how it came there. In my opinion, this is the clue about the switch of SJ as kid. A red balloon is associated to childhood and innocence. SJ left it there on his way to Rep. Korea. Since he left it behind, it reinforces the idea that SJ witnessed something terrible. Losing the red balloon symbolizes the loss of innocence.  

@YongZura⁷

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2