Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syntyche

[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

4 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

God knows how many times he’s gone back to redo it over but if it’s 998 times, that means he actually waited to be with her for 24,950 years! :scream: 

Goblin, where you at? :lol:

Writer Kim loves to make her ML wait for their love huh? 

:lol: I love how we speak as though our theories are all true lol. Hey, if it helps us cope until Friday comes around, right? Lol. 

LMAO. I just hope that won't be the case. But just what like other people here said, all the things seem like going against them, I wonder how KES will play this out. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

16 minutes ago, scrawford said:

PS: regarding Kings combat and Shooting ability. Are they trying to convince the Audience that he is not good, but He actually is? i have a feeling he is really good, but they are trying to convince the viewer otherwise, for now.

@scrawford, I have the same thoughts on this

• Like 11

Someone on Tumblr actually also posited the theory Shin Jae saves kid LG, the theory is interesting and pretty in depth.  You can read it here:  https://watch-write-read-repeat.tumblr.com/post/617106830117797888/its-kind-of-early-to-theorise-about-the-central

Far-fetched as it may be, it'd make for a fantastic story.  Especially how I do think Shin Jae sees himself as weak and not brave, and unfavorably compares himself to JTE and some level sees himself as beneath her / not good enough.  Though I think he sees himself as still trying, trying to evolve and become better / be a better man.  Though the fact he's been infatuated with her for so many years and her perspective never has seemed to change re: her feelings for him?  I think some part of him uses that as a measure that he's still not that better man (and may never be, as long as she doesn't return the feelings he has for her).  Like her inability or unwillingness to love him as he wishes she would only amplifies these flaws or deficiencies he thinks he has.

But this would be a major problem if it were the case, judging himself too much based on another person / how he thinks this other person sees him.  Trying to be the man he thinks she wants.  Instead of living for himself and being that better man for himself.

Because then the fact JTE has seemed to have fallen in love with LG?  It'd then seem to suggest LG the better man, the one who isn't weak, is brave and strong, etc.

And if LR alleges there's some old conflict with LG's family?  That it's LG's family somehow responsible for the misfortunes his own family suffered (and why SJ has had to live as an exile or hidden, again per whatever hypothetical account of LR's)?  SJ thinking he would have been like LG (aka, the better man, wealthy, his mother not a gambling addict, his father still alive/around, brave, strong... and loved by JTE) had these things not occurred?  That's how LR could stick his claws in SJ and turn him.

It wouldn't be too late for him though, because I could see him turning back towards the light and redeeming himself.  Even if it's at the cost of his own life.

The idea it may be Shin Jae who saves young LG, thus proving his bravery and selflessness in the very end, would be a poignant, if also heartbreaking moment too when a young LG reaches for JTE's police badge and grips it to him.  I do think Shin Jae basically would have planted it because LG needed it to seed that mystery (and budding love) for his 'hero' JTE.  In a sense, what began everything (and what began the key to the worlds' salvation?).  I do think it's JTE/LG's dynamic and love that's key in saving everything, all the more reason SJ needs to let that badge go.  However, the way that exact moment plays out in the first episode?  It's like LG - even as a child and barely conscious - reaches for JTE and draws her to him.  That the badge slips right out of SJ's fingers (like he doesn't want to let it go, but he has to as it's not meant for him).  That JTE is meant for LG and LG is meant for JTE.  SJ this facilitator to seed this destined and world-saving love, but can be nothing more than that.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, syntyche said:

@scrawford, I have the same thoughts on this

@syntyche would like to know your honest opinion. Do you think lee Gon In Rep. Korea still alive? for some reason i have an open mind with that possibility, even tho i know that they showed his graved, but not his body. seems fishy

• Like 4

There have been questions about the existence of another door to cross the parallel worlds. Lee Rim might be using another one aside from the one in the bamboo forest, which is guarded by the royal court and CCTVs. 

j5rCgq5.gif

In the opening credits, there seems to be another door, through some arc structure:

wtAj6Ks.gif

By the way, there's a link to the character description and other useful links in the first page of this thread. We need all the help we can get in analyzing this drama :) 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

I really admire the people in this thread! Your theories are keeping us engaged and active. I especially loved the ones about the seeds that JTE planted and what type of flowers/plant are they. 

You guys continue to blow my mind with your deduction skills! :star:

Beautiful GIFs ahead from lavenderbyun /tumblr

1223f9a703ff9fbfccea98ecf28eac1eef4f540f

2702e5f504c797e64ce138c3c095330597efa1b2

• Like 11
  • Love 4

36 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@syntyche would like to know your honest opinion. Do you think lee Gon In Rep. Korea still alive? for some reason i have an open mind with that possibility, even tho i know that they showed his graved, but not his body. seems fishy

@scrawford, I'm glad you asked. We did see the grave, but that's the one point in this drama that I'm not leaving as settled. Lee Rim is cunning as we all have seen, who knows what great lengths he has gone to just to execute his plans. But if he really is dead, than I'll leave it at that.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, syntyche said:

@scrawford, I'm glad you asked. We did see the grave, but that's the one point in this drama that I'm not leaving as settled. Lee Rim is cunning as we all have seen, who knows what great lengths he has gone to just to execute his plans. But if he really is dead, than I'll leave it at that.  

@syntyche That’s exactly my attitude towards the possibility. And I would love to see how Lee Min Ho play his  doppledangers (opposite character) if he is still alive. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@syntyche That’s exactly my attitude towards the possibility. And I would love to see how Lee Min Ho play his  doppledangers (opposite character) if he is still alive. 

@scrawford, that would be interesting to watch. I think Lee Gon is too important of a character to just kill his doppelganger off. But then again, there's an argument that there should be only one king. Let's just see how this unfolds. 

• Like 5

Discovered this thread from another forum and damn, I have a lot of backreading to do!  Loving the discussions so far and how keen all your eyes are!

I have a few questions for now before I delve into my own theories:

1.  A few pages back, I saw someone make reference to a 5-minute trailer.  Where can I watch this?

2.  When does the instrumental soundtrack to a drama usually get released on Spotify? I really love the instrumental theme that plays whenever the leads see each other, it's so haunting and melancholy (also, listening to it hurts because I feel this will have a sad ending)

3.   Has this show completed filming or not yet?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

God knows how many times he’s gone back to redo it over but if it’s 998 times, that means he actually waited to be with her for 24,950 years! :scream:  (I’m getting good at math guys lmao :lol:)

Ohhhhh.. that’s true. I start to change my mind. If LG go back in time more than 900 times, he should be an expert killer/sniper by now. Hahaha. 
but that would be too tragic if he need to win JTE heart again and again. That’s tough tho.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

I had mistaken the seed sowed by JTE was "相思樹 ( tree)". After rewatching again,  it's "相思花 (flower)" not tree. Nevertheless, the meaning of "相思" itself carries yearning,  longing, thinking of loved ones.

"相思樹 ( tree)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_confusa

"相思花 (flower)" : I did search but could not find any exact flower named 相思花 except the flower of Acacia onfusa.

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

TE and SJ are talking with LR in 2020 and looking at this form, which appears to be Corean.  So did this interrogation take place in Corea?

Yes, that scene is in Corea. And only Corea has the record of LR's death.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

hi, guys,  i've been reading this thread from the beginning and I love to read all your comments and point of views about the drama. This is my first time commenting coz I've been curious about the Japan-Kingdom of Corea feud in ep. 6. Does this mean that Japan has also parralel universe that deals with the Kingdom of Corea for how can they deal with two Koreas, and if you include North Korea, that would be 3 Koreas. Not only Japan, but all the rest of the world, how can they deal with both Kingdom of Corea and Republic of Korea? or does this mean that in the story, the world knows about this 2 countries but the 2 countries don't know that each other exists? I'm really confuse. What's your opinion about this?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

The parallel universe has their own same countries. Their Japan is not the same as JTE's Japan. The Japan in JTE's world is like our current Japan. They're not in any war with Korea. It's only in LG's world, their Japan is in war with his Corea, hence why their capital is in Busan, the move to be closer to Japan to defend the country from Japan. While Korea has more internal wars between North and South Korea so the capital Seoul is closer to border of North and South Korea. I think you're confusing yourself that there's only one Japan, but there's a Japan for every parallel universe, same as how there's a Canada also in the parallel universe. No one knows the other universe exist except for LR, LG and KTE. Also the only way to travel across the universes require the flute which normal people wouldn't have so everyone in their own universe just deal with the countries in their own universe. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

48 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

"相思樹 ( tree)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_confusa

"相思花 (flower)" : I did search but could not find any exact flower named 相思花 except the flower of Acacia confusa.

Yes, that scene is in Corea. And only Corea has the record of LR's death.

Oh wow ... another yellow tree.  It seems like that could be what TE planted.

Who do you think is with TE interrogating LR?

SJ from Korea? who crossed to Corea?

SJ from Corea? 

They are the same person?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, encantadia said:

hi, guys,  i've been reading this thread from the beginning and I love to read all your comments and point of views about the drama. This is my first time commenting coz I've been curious about the Japan-Kingdom of Corea feud in ep. 6. Does this mean that Japan has also parralel universe that deals with the Kingdom of Corea for how can they deal with two Koreas, and if you include North Korea, that would be 3 Koreas. Not only Japan, but all the rest of the world, how can they deal with both Kingdom of Corea and Republic of Korea? or does this mean that in the story, the world knows about this 2 countries but the 2 countries don't know that each other exists? I'm really confuse. What's your opinion about this?

The parallel universe has their own same countries. Their Japan is not the same as JTE's Japan. The Japan in JTE's world is like our current Japan. They're not in any war with Korea. It's only in LG's world, their Japan is in war with his Corea, hence why their capital is in Busan, the move to be closer to Japan to defend the country from Japan. While Korea has more internal wars between North and South Korea so the capital Seoul is closer to border of North and South Korea. I think you're confusing yourself that there's only one Japan, but there's a Japan for every parallel universe, same as how there's a Canada also in the parallel universe. No one knows the other universe exist except for LR, LG and KTE. Also the only way to travel across the universes require the flute which normal people wouldn't have so everyone in their own universe just deal with the countries in their own universe. 

Sorry for posting this again. IDK how to delete posts or edit for quote for the previous post. 

• Like 5

I suspect shin jae counter part in koc will be the grandson of prince buyeong. If prince Buyeong dies in next ep he will definitely come to KOC (prince buyeong family lives in abroad). So the heir next to the throne will be dopplergang of shin jae. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

8 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Sorry for posting this again. IDK how to delete posts or edit for quote for the previous post. 

thanks for answering, somewhat clarifies my confusion. so, it's safe to say that the kingdom of corea is dealing with the parallel universe of their neighboring countries. hope this gets clarified in the story. 

• Like 2