Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syntyche

[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

I knowwww we promised not to talk about ratings. BUT can we please celebrate OUR DOUBLE DIGIT RATING???:bawling::heart:

10.3!!!  yesssss!!!! Episode 6 was great!! 

• Like 9
  • Love 5

On 5/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, Heretorant said:

Hmmmm... interesting. I didn’t feel like it was at first but quite a few of you do. I think it makes absolute sense. I’m just wondering when Gon found time to let go of a balloon there. If it is indeed the path between the worlds, then I’m going to say it was badly edited because it should have came before or there should have been some type of indication to show us that it was a flashback.

*edit* actually I rewatched it and it makes total sense now lol. 

Can you explain how it makes total sense now? I was wondering how they got there. Did not realize it was a flashback

• Like 4

@mrsj3n @Heretorant even the kiss is parallel :joy: 

Oppa goes for the kiss 

she was shocked didn’t move 

But he yet got to kiss the button lip & top lip:tounge_wink:

15884579291588457926.gif

15884593531588459346.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

@Heretorant @Deepakmahajan

If the subtitles are correct, Prince Uncle mentioned blood and fingerprint are a match.

There was no mention about DNA?

However he also noted on the difference of the body condition of the dead body.

LR (I'm gonna stick to calling evil step uncle LR) has a warrior body form but the dead body lookalike was born with some physical issues (forget the terms he used). 

And not to forget,  the young LG in Korea was supposed to be dead. If the police did not search for his identity through fingerprint or blood or DNA, there is no way they would know his parents right?

What is puzzling to me is there is no doppelganger of JTE's father or our girl is not searching properly on where he could have been since they don't have the same name.

@SweetButters You are right. The scene at episode 1 took place at year 2020.

Can't tell if JTE is already aware of LR when they locked him up but if I remembered correctly, the interrogation was gearing towards the murder of his own step brother. 

So who knows, this is a do-over and JTE and gang caught him just as he crossed over to Korea hence the bloodied suit just like when he first crossed over to Korea?

There's anything that bothered me.

The seed that JTE was holding was clearly shown as 相思花。 相思 actually meant yearning / lovesickness.

So why is the translation / subtitles showing it as "Imaginary flower"????

@briseis YES!!!! I love this secretary's facial expression in the plane! Lol

@mrsj3n Oh yea true !! I can totally see that theory of LR also used the stick to try and do over too!! 

7 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

YTE bought and planted seeds of Acacia Confusa (想思樹  is the the Chinese character written on the packet). Korean used Chinese characters in ancient time I think, like Japanese Kanji. The tree with yellow flowers is Acacia Confusa, which is what YTE planted in the space (dimension) between universes. In Taiwan or East Asian literature, this tree carries meaning of longing and thinking of love ones. The opening credit starts with this tree is quite foretelling. I just hope that we don't end up with LG trapped in this dimension with this tree longing and thinking of JTE eternally. 

Oh so that is what that tree is !!! Oh goodness I really hope the same !! Hopefully it won't be that LG gets trapped there :bawling:. I think the pink flowers or grass is "Mulhy Grass" maybe? I am not sure if that would hold any meaning, but it is still so beautiful ! Thank you for the info about the Acacia Confusa ! 

• Like 7

yay, CONGRATS TO TKEM TEAM... 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I knowwww we promised not to talk about ratings. BUT can we please celebrate OUR DOUBLE DIGIT RATING???:bawling::heart:

From Part 1 to Part 2 almost 3% rise :wub: 

MTVlYWRmYWRhNmI3NzE.gif

I know I said so much but one more time Can I say?:lol: this looks like Heirs ratings chart, it made a move in Ep6 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

This was by far the best episode! For once I felt the episode was coherent!

Seeing yesterday's episode I could not fathom why PM Koo would rock up  the way she did to meet LG in Seoul. However today's back story made a lot of sense. I was almost ready to vilify PM Koo, but after the way she handled state affairs and the way she respected LG's decisions, she definitely moved away from being a shallow character for me.

Finally we also see more emotiveness from Jo Young. He eyes during the LG and JTE handwriting scene was superb. I really do wish however there would be more interactions/talk between him and LG, like when they were kids.

After seeing Shin Jae and JTE's background, again, I got a better understanding of why he feels the way he does about JTE. She has been a beacon in his life, and he certainly intends to be guided by her. He even be became a detective like her. Let's hope he stays safe - even with Lee Rim's eyes on him.

I liked that we got a "after the kiss" scene. It put the kiss and their relationship in a better perspective. I was on another site today, where the kiss was lambasted, and JTE's reaction heavily criticised. To me, JTE responded and reacted quite maturedly, no big eyed "what do you think you just did?" ...come on she even asked LG to remove his clothes, albeit for other reasons. :P

The Naval scene was thrilling and fit so well with the rest of the storyline. It also showed us what good leadership the Kingdom of Corea is under.

My first favourite scene today, was the handwriting scene. How cute was that! :D The second was the "forehead kiss". Last, but definitely not least was the hug at the end...wow...that was just pure emotion :wub:

Let's hope today's episode set the precedent for the rest of the series, and this is a case of good things come to those who wait!

• Like 13

I know I know is super day :D

Nationwide Part 1 - 7.4% l Part 2 - 10.3% • Seoul Part 1 - 7.9% l Part 2 - 10.5%
Can fell happy now  3% up and 4th , so let's start 
  • Like 10

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

1) Kim So Wol’s poem. Death foreshadowed. But he’s not willing to accept it. We think Lee Gon is stuck in a time loop. Is it because he can’t accept JTE’s death so he keeps going back to try and change the outcome?

Unfortunately I think that's exactly what happens.  I keep coming back to the symbolism around rabbits and the moon when it comes to JTE.  There's her doppelganger Luna ('moon' in Latin) who's dressed in the rabbit hoodie.  The references to the "white rabbit" (from "Alice in Wonderland").  In ep 6, JTE bringing up the "moons being the same" (in her world and LG's) and also specifically brought up the tale of the Moon Rabbits.   Due to the frequent references of rabbits and now the moon, I have a strong suspicion the tale of the Moon Rabbits may be important.  If I recall, that folktale, for the rabbit, is essentially one of self-sacrifice?  Though Buddha being so moved by the rabbit sacrificing itself, the rabbit was elevated to god of the moon, hence the rabbit(s) on the moon.

In the case of LG if he is in the Buddha role from the folktale, it's LG's love for JTE - that stems from her bravery, heroism and (like the Moon Rabbit) selflessness no matter the odds and danger to herself - that compels him to never stop trying to find a way to bring her back / save her.  No matter how many branching timelines he creates.  Though I'd suspect it isn't just his love for her that motivates him (but I imagine that certainly would be there as well), but that there's also possibly some key to JTE and their dynamic together that's critical in stopping LL (LR?) and also possibly averting a major conflict with Japan*.  I think JTE actually dies in protecting/saving him (partly because she knows he's the only one that has the power to avert whatever apocalytpic disaster having half the magic flute and one of the few in existence able to use it, but also of course because she loves him too.  Saving him, she saves the man she loves, but also others she cares for).  That LG ultimately creates a timeline where the "rabbit" (JTE) not only lives, but is elevated to an immortal "moon god(dess)" (LG marries her and makes her his Queen and co-ruler of Corea?).

This thread is so long someone may have speculated it already (I apologize if that's the case for not crediting) and I'm basing this on nothing at the moment, but I'm calling it, Shin Jae's doppelganger in LG's world is in Japan and that he's high up in the government.  Possibly even the Prime Minister who, despite being Corean himself, has a chip on his shoulder re: Corea for some reason or another.  That the LG-version of SJ also has or develops an affection for either 'Luna' or JTE.  This platonic/filial bond that transcends time & space (one I imagine can only ever be friendship or sibling-like in the end due to LG/JTE seemingly The Couple of this drama) ultimately key in finally creating lasting peace between Corea and Japan.

*I suspect we were given that bombastic, intense battle scene in ep6 to illustrate a clear & present threat - the constant threat of Japanese conflict - that LL could exploit, if he isn't already and he very well may be, for his own gains.  LL may be Corean royalty (though illegitimate as he is) himself,  but especially after this recent skirmish between the Corean Navy and Japanese and the Japanese probably feeling humiliated by LG?  LL could saunter right over to Japan and sway them over to his side in the sense of the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  LL with his small band of sycophants isn't much of a threat, but LL with the Japanese military at his disposal would be a formidable opponent.  I even suspect we'll learn LL secretly politically maneuvered things in Japan so that they made that overture of war they did in ep6 in the first place.  Likely predicting LG responding as he would and thus angering the Japanese further re: the humiliation being out-foxed by Corea's King.  Leaving Japan rife for some payback, just as LL likely has been most of his life.

Edited by cpt_falcon
  • Like 13
  • Insightful 6

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200503

The sixth episode of the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) aired on the 2nd (Saturday) recorded 7.9 percent in the first part of Nielsen Korea, 10.5 percent in the second part, and 5.8 percent in the 20-49 age group viewer ratings. At the moment, the highest viewer rating stood at 11.9 percent, topping the all-channel time slot for the sixth straight time.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005030741391207887_1

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

The last scene of episode 6 (The out of this world hug scene) has had 105,590 | in the last 8 hours and the views keep going UP!!! I will update the numbers and edit the post.  

Congratssssss!!

The reunion scene at the end: 

Number of Views in the last 8 hours: 105,590-->106,851 --> 107,921-->108,135--> 113,485 | crazy!!

Number of likes: 1846

https://tv.naver.com/v/13630206

Guys!!!  This scene is ON FIRE!!! The views is going up so fast!!!! It is CRAZY!! Visit the link, refresh every 1 minute and see it goes up by 1000 views!! No joke!!! Chinchaaa

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

:lol: Chingu, I was going to say the same thing! Let’s celebrate! It ended off on a higher note than last week’s episode 4!! 

25 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Can you explain how it makes total sense now? I was wondering how they got there. Did not realize it was a flashback

It was badly edited but we know it must be the path in between the two worlds because Lee Gon says to Tae Eul, “I guess we can say it’s something between 1 and 0 in my world and yours.” He proceeds to say something about how he wants to go to the end of it one day but for now, “let’s go to my world.” We also get clarity in episode 6. It shows they stopped there briefly before JTE returned to her world. :)

57 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@Heretorant @Deepakmahajan

If the subtitles are correct, Prince Uncle mentioned blood and fingerprint are a match.

There was no mention about DNA?

However he also noted on the difference of the body condition of the dead body.

LR (I'm gonna stick to calling evil step uncle LR) has a warrior body form but the dead body lookalike was born with some physical issues (forget the terms he used). 

And not to forget,  the young LG in Korea was supposed to be dead. If the police did not search for his identity through fingerprint or blood or DNA, there is no way they would know his parents right?

What is puzzling to me is there is no doppelganger of JTE's father or our girl is not searching properly on where he could have been since they don't have the same name.

You have a point! And you’re right, I rewatched it to confirm just now and nothing was mentioned about DNA! DNA not matching would make the most sense. If the cops used a means of identifying Gon’s doppelgänger’s parents, it would most likely be DNA. But his DNA didn’t match Gon’s because no two people has the same DNA. Even identical twins don’t have the same DNA. DNA also changes over time due to mutations. Curse me for being a bio major but not remembering much details about genes :lol:. It would come in handy at this point lol. Fingerprints on the other hand, doesn’t change even with age. 

I think the fact that JTE couldn’t find her father makes absolute sense. Either he is dead in a Corea or not living at the same place. The world is big so it would be too much of a coincidence if she saw everyone she knew in one day right? Even seeing 2 is a huge coincidence. 

• Like 10

Watched 6th episode but will have to rewatch again in order to enter the analysing field. I made a couple of blunders in the last episode. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

17 hours ago, cpt_falcon said:

*I suspect we were given that bombastic, intense battle scene in ep6 to illustrate a clear & present threat - the constant threat of Japanese conflict - that LL could exploit, if he isn't already and he very well may be, for his own gains.  LL may be Corean royalty (though illegitimate as he is) himself,  but especially after this recent skirmish between the Corean Navy and Japanese and the Japanese probably feeling humiliated by LG?  LL could saunter right over to Japan and sway them over to his side in the sense of the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  LL with his small band of sycophants isn't much of a threat, but LL with the Japanese military at his disposal would be a formidable opponent.  I even suspect we'll learn LL secretly politically maneuvered things in Japan so that they made that overture of war they did in ep6 in the first place.  Likely predicting LG responding as he would and thus angering the Japanese further re: the humiliation being out-foxed by Corea's King.  Leaving Japan rife for some payback, just as LL likely has been most of his life.

Yes!  That battle scene wasn't just for showing off Commander Lee Gon.  I agree that it leads back to Lee Lim.  And I'm waiting to see what role the PM's mom (and the PM) plays in this.  Her shop seems to be a key place--acting as an information exchange at the least.

On the PM's last visit, a picture of Dokdo Islands (the disputed territory) is seen in the upper left hand corner:

673d04414b298c6a923f81925131343f387c775b

Which is not there now, at the time of the battle:

57d714b444d55ac67c0f98ab986f5a2c1b4c9e5b

And Mom seems to show a lot of interest:

aea9cbcf107c64cfdeaab0776355f8d43d427ffb

• Like 7
  • Insightful 8

new article! 

'The King' Lee Min-ho, after defeating Japan, reunited with Kim Go-eun ... A sad hug [total]

Lee Min-ho X Kim Go-eun, Impressive Reunion The highest viewing rate at the moment of
deepening our hearts toward each other
11.9%

BF.22514612.1.jpg

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun of the SBS Geumto drama 'The King-The Lord of Eternity' exploded the heartbreaking emotions of a reunion that crosses the Korean Empire and Korea.

The 6 episodes of 'The King-Lord of Eternity', broadcasted on the 2nd, recorded 7.9% in the first part of the metropolitan area, 10.5% in the second part, and 5.8% in 2049 ratings (based on Nielsen Korea). At the moment, the highest viewership rate was 11.9%, ranking first in all channels at the same time for six consecutive times.

credit: https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2020050300684

• Like 7
  • Love 3

A dumb question: why does he (LG) come to the realization that JTE is in danger? Can someone please explain. My brain failed to process that.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

I hope all these references calling KTE Princess Diana is a foretelling that she could make a good Queen for LG, her actual humanity for the common people unlike PM, and not the fact that Princess Diana died... 

I wonder why of all the nicknames, why Princess Diana? I forgot that every single detail in this drama should not be taken lightly coz they would somehow mean something. I also hope the same. 

5 hours ago, Heretorant said:

This is heartbreaking. The moment he realizes she’s in love with him is also the moment he realizes she’s in danger because of him. He said earlier that the line between him and her is harder to cross than the line between the two worlds. If it takes heaven and hell to close the latter, what would it take to break these two apart? The acting here was superb! Let’s all take a moment to appreciate LMH and KGE because all the emotions they displayed in that short scene were beyond words. 

Exactly. I am really impressed with how metaphors are being used in this drama. I agree that LMH and KGE's acting here is so good. The bittersweet realization of LG about him being a danger for JTE is heartbreaking.

• Like 6