[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

8 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Being a pre-produced drama, there is a limited option to save this drama.

The King is not preproduced. They are still filming. Hopefully the editing/post production gets better in the future episodes.

-------

My opinion about Gon. I feel that Rim did not kill the young Gon doppelganger in Korea. Instead he nurtured him and keeps him hidden somewhere. I have a feeling that Rim's main goal is to conquer Corea using Gon 2.0. And I also feel that is why LMH chose this role. Looking at King Gon alone, he's very similar to his old drama roles, mainly Kim Tan. I'm theorizing that a 2nd darker more gritty role as doppelganger Gon might be what attracted him to this role, other than the very famous writer. Hehe

I do hope we get to see more range from King Gon's character. He hasn't shown much emotion as if he's keeping it all inside. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

3 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

The King is not preproduced. They are still filming. Hopefully the editing/post production gets better in the future episodes.

-------

My opinion about Gon. I feel that Rim did not kill the young Gon doppelganger in Korea. Instead he nurtured him and keeps him hidden somewhere. I have a feeling that Rim's main goal is to conquer Corea using Gon 2.0. And I also feel that is why LMH chose this role. Looking at King Gon alone, he's very similar to his old drama roles, mainly Kim Tan. I'm theorizing that a 2nd darker more gritty role as doppelganger Gon might be what attracted him to this role, other than the very famous writer. Hehe

I do hope we get to see more range from King Gon's character. He hasn't shown much emotion as if he's keeping it all inside. 

I think so too. If I remember it right, in an interview, KGE said that all of them have dual roles, and that is one of the reasons this drama will be interesting to watch. Then this means LMH has dual role as well. If that is indeed the case, I wonder how his other role will play out. 

• Like 4

5 more hours until the new episode premiers in my timezone (GMT +8) The King is literally the first drama that I've ever watched /anticipated by the dot. 

Thank you for sharing the translation of the preview @Aleenaaa  the word date caught my eye and I honestly can't contain my excitement anymore. 

Oh no just thinking about the further episodes is making me nervous. You're insights on KES style is on point. @rambutan!!

And lastly, I laughed so hard at the tissue joke @mrsj3n - I am really anticipating a cry-fest after the war/fight scenes or whenever the scientific explanation of the portal comes in place. :tears:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

-------

But probability is very less coz,

remember when the cops came for search  in ROK for lee Gon’s mother to inquire about her deceased son ?! And Lee Rim cleverly took her to “his side “ !

Moreover I don’t think psychopath/devil like him would have mercy (letting that boy alive would be too much for a person like him) on some doppelgänger who destroyed his plan which he started preparing for almost 20 years. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The only thing I got out of ep 5 is that..

THEY KISSED. OK MORE LIKE. LEEGON KISSED TAEEUL AND TAEEUL JUST LET HIM. 

okay i'm guessing she was just surprised but i'm pretty sure she's smitten by him alr. esp the part where she googled the prime minister and him lmao. JEALOUS taeeul is so cute. and that IU reference! LMAO!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Found this comment about LMH on a drama site. No wonder TKET was trending on Netflix Nigeria! LMH is a global star:D

"I just like Lee min ho bcos of his humble attitude in real and being considerate.... Am from Nigeria and he is so popular here, he is a household name for anything from Korea in Nigeria"

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

36 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

okay i'm guessing she was just surprised but i'm pretty sure she's smitten by him alr. esp the part where she googled the prime minister and him lmao. JEALOUS taeeul is so cute. and that IU reference! LMAO!

I think this way too. But deep down her heart, LG has taken it with him for sure!! 

That moment when he smiles at her excuses are gold :wub:

And I forgot to say this before... maximus is a lady??? Lollll... I always thought she was a gentleman. :lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Ha Sung Woon sings 'I Fall in Love' for 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

Ha Sung Woon is the voice behind "I Fall in Love" for 'The King: Eternal Monarch'.

The MV features footage of Ha Sung Woon in the studio along with scenes between emperor Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho) and Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun). "I Fall in Love" is about starting to fall in love and the excitement you feel at the beginning of a relationship.

Watch Ha Sung Woon's "I Fall in Love" MV above! Have you been watching 'The King: Eternal Monarch'?

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2020/05/ha-sung-woon-sings-i-fall-in-love-for-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this has been written here somewhere, but I think that eventually JTE will make the connection that the two worlds are intertwined. Remember in ep.4 when she heard the recording from the victim's phone. It is a news recording from Corea. Once she discovers Prince Lee Jong In in Corea, I think she will start to make the connection to the murders that have been happening in ROK. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Umjicheok said:

considering LG of korea died young ( although we are not sure of it) and didn't have official record but still shouldn't dna of his parents match king LG? 

3. I wonder why king LG didn't think about searching about himself and his family's doppelgangers in Korea since he saw Young's counterpart eun seob and  Myeong na ri - myeong swing ah. 

That way what TE did in corea is more realistic and smart

Welcome to the party :)

Chiming in with what I understood :)

if DNA match is the opening for the King and his allies to be aware of danger then most probably explanation given would be 1995 Korea did not have a unique id processing system for its citizens and that is logical. 

the DNA- would help answer swaps and murders more logically. Somehow, when JTE said that her mom looked like her, i started thinking how will author connect JTE-Luna-Mom. And since mom is important to JTE so mom will be important to us, viewers' I guess. It feels too random at present. At times this feels like a slice of life fairy tale that meanders.

As for the next point in the quote- the King in the forest gives some explanation for this, I think. Also, as of episode 5 he is of the view that there are no look alikes of JTE and himself. And because DNA results JTE gets point to noone in Korea. So am sure he would be like who to look for.

• Like 5

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 02. 2:00 AM

"Emperor" Lee Min Ho and "policewoman" Kim Go Eun first kiss

727A6718-6FFF-47F0-837F-C1CF770791E7.jpg

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun signaled a royal romance through their first kiss in the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch".

Broadcast on May 1, the Fri-Sat drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS) brought the image of Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho) and Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) getting closer after they came to the parallel universe - the Korean Empire. After going to the palace with Lee Gon, Jung Tae Eul was shocked by realizing that Lee Gon's fabulous words were all true. Lee Gon was scolded by Head Court lady Noh (played by Kim Yeo Wook) for suddenly bringing her to this world. Jung Tae Eul was surprised to realize the fact that not only Jo Young (played by Woo Do Hwan) but also people around Lee Gon and even Head Court lady Noh knew about her existence. Waiting for Lee Gon at his library, Jung Tae Eul looked at Lee Gon's childhood photo on a spring picnic, and she immediately remembered the story of his predecessor's state funeral when Lee Gon was just 8 years old with vague eyes.

At dinner time, Lee Gon brought beer and a meal he made for Jung Tae Eul, who was sitting in his room. He unexpectedly confessed, "I have repeatedly imagined you would come to my palace. Although it is not like this." While Lee Gon acted sulky because Jung Tae Eul criticized the dish was not good, Court lady Noh appeared and took Jung Tae Eul to the guest room. After arriving at the guest room, Jung Tae Eul couldn't help getting confused by Noh's advice that, "You may harm the Majesty - an unexplainable existence Don't be curious about the Majesty and this world, don't stay here either."

While Jung Tae Eul was deep in thoughts, Lee Gon avoided the guards and suddenly opened the window and entered her room. He comforted Jung Tae Eul, "I'm here so you don't feel scared of being alone. Trust me. I'm totally normal here." Jung Tae Eul mentioned the double lion stuffed animal on his car key to tease Lee Gon. He also said that the picture frame in the room was CCTV but quickly revealed, "I'm kidding. Let me prove it to you, okay?" and put his head on Jung Tae Eul's shoulder. When Jung Tae Eul provoked him, "You haven't dated before, haven't you?", Lee Gon got angry, "You startled me. That's not true. I've been in a relationship before." While Jung Tae Eul said, "Let me guess when you were dating. Now." then staring at Lee Gon, he smiled and met her eyes and said, "Ah. I must do this, right?". Then he turned and suddenly kissed her. Lee Gon was not afraid to express his heart to Jung Tae Eul, "Let's guess what I have proven. Have I ever dated? Or am I dating now?".

The next day, Jung Tae Eul had to disguise herself as a bodyguard of Lee Gon. Staying by him the entire day, she had a chance to re-consider him when seeing him shooting the ball beautifully at the basketball court and delivering a speech encouraging the participants of the world mathematician's competition, etc. Travelling by helicopter to the next schedule, Lee Gon showed his care for Jung Tae Eul - who will have to return and be confined in the palace when he ordered Jo Young to bring uniform to her and told to see him at night.

After borrowing money from Jo Young, Jung Tae Eul took the CTX (Corea Train eXpress) train of the Korean Empire from Busan Station to Seoul. When arriving there, she revisited Gwanghwamun, Jongno Police Station's location in the Republic of Korea, and the original house of Kang Shin Jae (played by Kim Kyung Nam). She also unexpectedly went to the place where her house in Korea was to look for her mother, Ahn Bong Hee, who passed away when she was 5 years old, but of course, she could not find her mother there. While being about to return to the Imperial Palace in Busan, Jung Tae Eul called the Imperial Palace by public telephone due to her lack of money for a train ticket, but she got into a crisis because she could not get through. At the time, Lee Gon, who was in the helicopter, heard that a person calling herself "Princess Diana" rang the Imperial Palace 17 times from Seoul station. He then ordered, "Turn the helicopter. We're going to Seoul", thereby the helicopter making an unprecedented U-turn. Once again appearing in front of Jung Tae Eul, who was afraid of not being able to return, Lee Gon felt sad to hear that she came to Seoul because she wanted to see her mother.

At a sad moment of Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul, Koo Seo Ryung (played by Jung Eun Chae) - the woman named in related search keyword list of Lee Gon suddenly appeared, shook hand with Jung Tae Eul and greeted: "Nice to meet you. I am the Prime Minister Koo Seo Ryung of the Korean Empire." The ending scene with the unexpected confrontation among the three parties Lee Gon - Jung Tae Eul - Koo Seo Ryung made viewers curious about developments in the next episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, the episode signaling the beginning of the royal love story recorded the viewership rating of 8.2% in part 1, and 9.3% in part 2 in the capital region, and reached the 2049 rating of 4.6%.

Reporter Kim Yeon Ji kim.yeonji@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 5

Time Seems To Stop As Kim Go Eun And Lee Min Ho Share Sorrowed Looks In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has shared new stills of Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho!

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and democracy respectively, but work together to try and save peoples lives.

The new stills show Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul facing each other in the royal living quarters in the universe where Korea is a constitutional monarchy. They are unable to take their eyes off of each other in that moment. While Lee Gon has a determined expression on his face, he has a lonely look in his eyes as he gazes upon Jung Tae Eul, and her eyes are also fixed on him as they fill with tears.

Tension is rising as Lee Gon is not in his usual imperial attire, but his naval uniform. It remains to be seen why the pair are staring at each other so intently, and what has driven Lee Gon to dress up in his naval uniform.

Kim-Go-Eun-Lee-Min-Ho.jpeg

Kim-Go-Eun.jpeg

Lee-Min-Ho.jpeg

Hwa&Dam Pictures stated, “Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun continue to build upon a love story that spans across parallel universes with their amazing chemistry. Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul have made viewers’ hearts race but this time, they will be bringing a feeling of sorrow. Please anticipate it.”

The upcoming episode of “The King: Eternal Monarch” will air at 10 p.m. KST on May 2.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1397944wpp/time-seems-to-stop-as-kim-go-eun-and-lee-min-ho-share-sorrowed-looks-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Jemrie said:
:glasses:

Reveal hidden contents

i made sure to separate you, but you came here this early!

:sweat_smile:

Reveal hidden contents

this is one of my favorite scenes from this episode and it is easy to say that lady noh surely knows LG very well.:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3