[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

It's hard not to feel disappointed in the ratings. The actors/actresses and everyone else involved in the drama have been working hard. The reality is that times are changing for the networks.  Most people choose to stream their favorite shows. They watch when they want to watch and with no commercials. As far as I can tell TKEM is doing great globally! It's available in my country (USA) right when it ends on SBS in Korea. I've noticed it on many other streaming sites subtitled and ready to go within hours. One site has TKEM (1-4)  with almost 1.5 million views. 

Unfortunately the only ratings that are recorded are the one connected to the SBS broadcast. Not the total picture.

I love this drama. I appreciate how creative and smart it is. It makes me think. KES weaves beautiful tales. I cannot wait to see where she takes us with this one!

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Honestly I am waiting for Luna's story I am so interested in her character I hope in today's episode we can see her I have a feeling that this character will give us more feelings even if it's a bad one but her miserable past is really strong 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Some time ago I posted about "Domestic Drama Daily Search" on Naver. Previously The King Eternal Monarch  was number 5 trending. But now it jumped to number 3!

I don't know how to share it here. I put a link below. 

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?query=더+킹+영원의+군주&ie=utf8&sm=tab_fid&rm=rkt_dra%2Cnexearch%2Csearch_extra%2C0

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

Is it me, or the scene with the red balloon seemed really disconnected from the rest? I didn't get it at all... :huh:

I think a lot of people were confused at this part due to the transition. It is the path between the two worlds. That scene was supposed to be a flashback but the editor did a horrible job. 

———————————————————

@Poppy517 thank you, you said it beautifully! I have a lot of anticipation built around this show because it is creative and smart. I’m certainly excited to see what’s in store. 

Fingers crossed by tomorrow, we’ll get a clear picture of JTE’s feelings. Then we can finally watch their love develop into something deeper and more romantic and move on to the other plots as well. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Some time ago I posted about "Domestic Drama Daily Search" on Naver. Previously The King Eternal Monarch  was number 5 trending. But now it jumped to number 3!

I don't know how to share it here. I put a link below. 

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?query=더+킹+영원의+군주&ie=utf8&sm=tab_fid&rm=rkt_dra%2Cnexearch%2Csearch_extra%2C0

They are also No.2 on Daum right now.
9VzufpO.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Did the cast say anything about episode 6 during interview? I just read some comments on the "TALK"
 section of The King page in Naver. They say that actors say it is fun from episode 6? I am not sure what they mean. But apparently cast said something about episode 6. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I was contemplating about posting another bad comments from knetz but kinda agree with them on this one

https://www.facebook.com/229023931411/posts/10158963639391412/?d=n

They are dissing the cgi used during the inbetween world scene.

It’s also pretty annoying that they just cut to certain scenes without giving thoughts to the overall storyline. Ugh, I’m so frustrated!

But still loving last night episode. Tonight looks like it’ll be intense.

• Like 2

Netflix is not the problem, it is the drama that has some quality issues. I hope they’re going to do some edits before broadcasting the subsequent episodes. Being a pre-produced drama, there is a limited option to save this drama.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

ikr? so why did the person i quoted say only TKEM and Mr sunshine aired one hour later on Netflix? that was a false statement. im jst looking for a clarification. 

I thought I cleared this up for once and all but guess not. I don't really take interest in ratings to be fairly honest but what I said was a fact. The person you qouted said Hospital playlist, Rugal, and Cloy airing an hour later that is false. I show to her in that same message you quoted the airing time for that show both on TV and Netlfix there was 1 day difference. The same goes to Hospital playlist and Rugal find there airing date below. This is the streaming and network airing dates 1 day apart. All these infos are avaible if you search right and recorded

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/hospital-playlist-season-1-netflix-k-drama-plot-cast-trailer-episode-release-dates/

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/rugal-season-1-netflix-k-drama-plot-cast-trailer-episode-release-schedule/

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wis dom said:

I thought I cleared this up for once and all but guess not. I don't really take interest ratings to be fairly honest but what I said was a fact. The person you qouted said Hospital playlist, Rugal, and Cloy. I show to her in that same message you quoted the airing time for that show both on TV and Netlfix there was 1 day difference. The same goes to Hospital playlist and Rugal find there airing date below. This is the streaming and network airing dates 1 day apart. All these infos are avaible if you search right 

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/hospital-playlist-season-1-netflix-k-drama-plot-cast-trailer-episode-release-dates/

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/rugal-season-1-netflix-k-drama-plot-cast-trailer-episode-release-schedule/

No, you are wrong. Those dramas were/are broadcasted within one hour after their airing time. I watched them so I can contest your argument which is based on an unreliable source. Have you calculated the timezone? Don’t just quote blatantly.

9 minutes ago, veespn said:

Well, then it is not a credible source. This website isn’t even an official one. I was in Korea during CLOY’s second week run. I was able to watch it minutes after original airing. I already checked it on Thursday when HP was aring and I was right. If you don’t live in Korea, just use VPN to see it yourself. 

@INeedAFan

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/crash-landing-on-you-season-1-netflix-k-drama-plot-cast-trailer-and-netflix-release-date/ 

They are relieable with netflix's library and what's new on netflix and when they air. You are being in denial. You just need to let it go and focus on the drama plotline @veespn. I am not wrong. They are not aired an hour after period. Itaewon class aired 4 hours later 03.00 on netflix while it air 23.00 on TV. But CLOY, Rugal, Hospital playlist 1 day later. At the end of the all this irrelevant lets focus on the drama shall we

• Like 1

Sometimes an hour after airing is the next day. For example, 10-11 pm airing + 1 hour = midnight the next day. :lol:  I’m not trying to make a joke. Let’s talk about the plot instead.

• Like 9

Just now, 1ouise said:

Sometimes an hour after airing is the next day. For example, 10-11 pm airing + 1 hour = midnight the next day. :lol:  I’m not trying to make a joke. Let’s talk about the plot instead.

Yes, please! 

Also, it doesn’t matter whether it’s today, the next day or whatever day. It’s ok, we don’t need to justify the ratings. It’s all good guys! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

@INeedAFan

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/crash-landing-on-you-season-1-netflix-k-drama-plot-cast-trailer-and-netflix-release-date/ 

They are relieable with netflix's library and what's new on netflix and when they air. You are being in denial. You just need to let it go and focus on the drama plotline @veespn. I am not wrong. They are not aired an hour after period. Itaewon class aired 4 hours later 03.00 on netflix while it air 23.00 on TV. But CLOY, Rugal, Hospital playlist 1 day later. At the end of the all this irrelevant lets focus on the drama shall we

I literally watched it on Netflix just an hour after its premiere. But go ahead and believe what you want to believe. There is no point in arguing with you because you are focusing on making Netflix as a scapegoat of this drama’s failure. Peace!

• Like 1