[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

4 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

In KOC he dosen't know JTE ONLY in ROK. His a cop in both worlds

Shin Jae has not been shown yet in Corea, I think the Ice-cream one is Shin Jae, the Cop in both worlds is the senior Cop who was in the supermarket with his wife today( I think he was the Congressman from show W)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I said definetely in EP6 :lol: this is most shocked kiss in drama history :lol:

What is the expectation in the 6th episode. Will she return to ROK or just ruthlessly settled down in KOC. It would be awesome if she took the later option saying bye felicia to her shitty paying job in her world and now she can live in a palace:D:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

So my theory that people from Rep. Korea were sent to Mon. Corea in order to replace their doppelgangers was correct. So this means that the body of the gamble belongs to the parallel world, Mon. Corea. However the gambler made a mistake as he didn't take away the cellphone belonging to the doppelganger from Mon. Corea that's why LG's uncle Lee Jong In was mentioned. In my opinion, JET's time spent in Corea is important as she will meet LJI and discover that the cellphone came from the other world. That's how she can realize the switch. And the more people get switched, the more Rep. Korea gets in danger as it means that at the end, Rep. Korea would be left empty... people from Rep. Korea would be sent to Mon. Corea, while in Rep. Korea many bodies would be discovered: all murdered. 

Then the persons coming from Rep. Korea have all something in common: their social status is rather low and they are all suffering and this made me think that the parallel world could be seen as a mirror of the real world. Rich or important people from Mon. Corea are living the opposite life in Rep. Korea. Notice that LG and his family was poor and in Mon. Korea, it is the opposite. 

Then we heard from Lee Lim that the people from Rep. Korea are forced to kill their doppelgangers in Mon. Corea but this is not the case for Shin Jae and his mother. They both survived... However, there is no husband... so maybe the person from Repu. Korea offered a deal to Shin JAe and his mother: switch their life without getting killed. Maybe only the father was killed... and I am even wondering if Shin Jae's memories are false. Maybe the bankruptcy is connected to the switching... Maybe the mother told him that they had lost their company and had to leave... without realizing that in the end, they went to a different world. Furthermore, the boy must have been very young. And the nightmare could be related to a murder... maybe he witnessed the murder of his father... 

I think so too, Shin Jae has a mysterious notebook with Monarchy Corea:s logo that he asked LG about in episode 3.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sodarn said:

Okay chingus, please help me figure this out. I don't know if someone mentioned it earlier but 'm confused about the detective who likes icecream. Is he also a detective in the kingdom of corea? Also, how come his doppelganger in the kingdom also knows Tae Eul? Is that the same guy in both worlds? Does he know a secret door to the other world too?:sweatingbullets:

Isn't it interesting ....  the drama succeeded in making some of us confused which is which... including me, that's why I keep watching it and repeating it again.  That scene when JTE and SJ crossed the road is a very good example.  I literally thought he was the doppelganger but the scene changed seamlessly.  I only realised when he had the conversation with the psychiatrist.  

When JTE went to the police station, it surprised me again ... the Chief and her colleague are working as policemen too ... but only the two of them.in the parallel universe... Hmmm... interesting... so that curiousity will keep me watching the rest of the episode till the end.

I like the story ..... that's all that matters to me.. .:glasses:

@bebebisous33 Will you tag me in your post like before.  Thank you in advanced.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Did I say this episode wasn’t exciting? I stand corrected. Sure, it may not have been suspenseful or thrilling but it was exciting in other ways. I really enjoyed LG and JTE’s relationship development. This episode was focused on moving it forward and while I believe JTE’s feelings are still not matched with LG’s yet, we’re at the point where tomorrow’s episode could be it! I appreciate how long it took JTE to hop on because it’s so realistic!

I also love how no time is wasted here, JTE simply does research and we know she has learned about his past. I’m glad she’s curious enough to learn his history on her own. After all, she needed more evidence to prove to her that his world is not the same one as hers. 

1 hour ago, Jemrie said:

the visuals, color scheme and the details they lit in the cinematography is really impressive.

This is a void between the two worlds where time comes to a pause.LG said that one day he would explore it to the very end. Is it some kind of a foreshadowing of a time loop where he keeps on saving himself,meets JTE,thus,becoming the eternal monarch?
after ponytails, i guess we can all agree that lee min ho has a thing for shoulder naps
kim tan, heo joon jae and lee gon agrees.:tounge_wink:

Can I scream, YES? Definite foreshadowing!

“I’ll reach the end of this place someday and I’ll tell you all about it.”

Why such a sad line when they’re not parting? He speaks as though JTE will not be able to explore it with him. This is something commonly said to someone who’s gone, no? As though he’s going to live on without her and tell her all about his journey when he sees her again (in heaven). I’m certain I’m not just reading too deep into the line. 

In some time travel stories: a person travels back, has a baby and then returns to the present and becomes a friend of his own child. Me thinks two cards is possible.

The balloon bit not being noticed by evil uncle was a question I had too. How does evil uncle transport people from one world to the other? Is there more than one gate? Will evil uncle not be caught if he comes out in the palace?

I guess the real question is, did he travel back in time or did he turn time back? If the former, I can totally see why there would be two badges. It’s not like him going back erases what already happened. I guess it’s similar to Nine where future LG who saved young LG is still very much alive in the current story but he is 25 years ahead of the time. 

Regarding the gates, yes, I believe there is more than one. Judging based on the opening credits, there’s one other gate. It’s impossible for LR to go through the same gate in the bamboo forest and not get caught. The security there is too high. And as LG stated, the place in between the two worlds is so large and vast, they probably enter at different points of space. So it’s very possible that LR has not seen the balloon. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

8 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Shin Jae has not been shown yet in Corea, I think the Ice-cream one is Shin Jae, the Cop in both worlds is the senior Cop who was in the supermarket with his wife today( I think he was the Congressman from show W)

Wait what? I thought i saw JTE and Shin jae pass each other casually on the road sidewalk or was i hallucinating

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Wait what? I thought i saw JTE and Shin jae pass each other casually on the road sidewalk or was i hallucinating

They DID pass, not in the Same world. it was Parallel world. shin jae was crossing the street in Korea while Tae Eul was in Corea.Basically parallel world means same place seperated by invisible wall. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

JTE didn't see him because 2 parallel worlds were shown in that scene. I got confused too but realized both were at same place in 2 different worlds, after i rewatched the scene again and him meeting the psychiatrist.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, madmad min said:

They DID pass, not in the Same world. it was Parallel world. shin jae was crossing the street in Korea while Tae Eul was in Corea.Basically parallel world means same place seperated by invisible wall. 

Thanks alot. How did i miss that is beyond me.  I must be slow today

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@YongZura⁷ Sure, I will tag you now.

I can understand why we were all confused about Shin Jae but it was a deliberate move from the writer and director. We were shown Shin Jae the cop visiting his old neighborhood. It only became clear while listening to the conversation with the psychiatrist. I do think that Shin Jae will play a huge part, as I am wondering if there is a doppelganger of Shin Jae. So far, we didn't see him and this could be a clue that Shin Jae from Rep. Korea who was supposed to replace Shin Jae from Mon. Corea could have died back then.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lady Noh, did you know that you are betrayed by your talisman? :bawling: 

Or is this talismane effect on both sides, it draws both people together?:mrgreen:

After the girl was seduced by our king and brought to his palace:love:, he was completely fascinated by the girl:heart:.  Previously he kept demanding to behead you-Lady Noh or Yeong in order to keep his dignity, now standing in front of the girl, he lost it all, became the girl's crazy fan.:yum:

vQEUQy7.jpg

50NyLkN.jpg

S2nvcOE.jpg

uj3GYcY.jpg

PEGE9Cq.jpg

GBv2Bcq.jpg

9Xne5Ow.jpg

Aigu, Lady Noh doesn't allow our king to stand near his dream woman? :relaxed:

tymeNDb.jpg

He used a special plane to take her come back the palace. We don't known what the king's Lady Noh be going to do?:tounge_xd:

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

JTE is alot smarter than I initially thought even tho she is a flat earther she has some very good detective skills and we have learned that by her searching skills. She sourced out what was most key to know first she verifed him on the search and his realness than continued to other details regarding KOC as awhole and than she did the unexpected which showcases her intentions she sourced out Lee Gon's possible affair with the Premier minister and read these rumours hahaha. She is competitive I love that side to her and I didn't know she had this in her. It was like a new she-wolf learning about her territory before she marks it. I thought that was slick and it even shocked him when he saw that she searched that up and than she proceeded to search on transport from Busan to seoul and actully went there later to search for people she knows from ROK other-halfs in KOC.  

I don't think she will give her the hand shake. She actully surprised me with what she searched for. She already sees her as rival because she knows about the online rumours about Lee Gon and PM Koo and she was not pleased to see her which means she is smitten with Lee Gon. I also loved when she was cheering for him in that basketball scene. :wub:

I was also surprised by the search history and that she acutlly searched on Lee Gon's rumoured ex PM Koo. haha

This was Lee Gon's reaction to that 

EW9d5OwUwAUQ1Kf?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 11

@Joanna Alfson I was the one who thought kissing won't happen in episode 5 and 6!!! Lol

I obviously underestimated our King. :joy:

@bebebisous33 Lend your brain power here please.

There are existence of 2 SJ's mum. So the one in Palace is from Korea and the one gambling is from Corea? Hence the fell in riches?

It doesn't add up. Because lady noh will do background checks to ensure none of them have money trouble before employing them unless she skipped the check years ago.

But again, seeing the mother in Korea is crazy with money, it seems impossible for her to agree to switch isn't it?

Another thing to note is that everyone in Korea know they were rich before.

And JTE assumed SJ's family are rich in Corea too. 

But I do agree with the memories on SJ. It could have been manipulated since young hence the "nightmares".

Hmm.. questions and more questions.

@Dramafreak Why would the same people of two different universe have the same DNA?

I think scientifically there are no 2 humans beings having the identical DNA.

If I'm not wrong, LG did explain to JTE when she gotten his DNA to figure out his identity back in Korea.

And that brings us to the doubt he had regarding the autopsy of his evil step uncle and he questioning Prince Lee.

Again. I'm having more questions now. Lol

I really really hate drama not giving us backstory first and dropping tidbits here and there every single episode.

And here we are, getting our brain fried trying to figure it out. Lol

• Like 9

Okay, so this question of LG not being very good at combat (according to his commanding officer) and not very good at shooting (according to the Minomi man), makes you wonder if he will be his own savior.  (But he did fight very well with TE and SJ.)

This makes me wonder again whether Lee Ji-hun was truly killed by LR.  LG's double would be a very useful doppelganger for LR, but in the end he could end up being the savior instead.  (That man in black sure looks like LMH.)

a869113f4d95eb942edfb39925225f9b48bd7941

We'll have to w a i t and see.  :lol:

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@Joanna Alfson I was the one who thought kissing won't happen in episode 5 and 6!!! Lol

I obviously underestimated our King. :joy:

That is true now that I recall this it was you:joy:. Yep we certainly underestimated him and he had the audacity to go for a hug in the first place he seems to be more action type of guy then words. How did we missed this?

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

12 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Okay, so this question of LG not being very good at combat (according to his commanding officer) and not very good at shooting (according to the Minomi man), makes you wonder if he will be his own savior.  (But he did fight very well with TE and SJ.)

This makes me wonder again whether Lee Ji-hun was truly killed by LR.  LG's double would be a very useful doppelganger for LR, but in the end he could end up being the savior instead.  (That man in black sure looks like LMH.)

We'll have to w a i t and see.  :lol:

He has very good combat skills such as martial arts but I don't think his good at shooting but he could improve upon that in the later future and come save himself

• Like 5