[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

9 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

I wonder what does he get by targetting the prince.

Also a super wild theory: we havent seen the face of the dead person in the car, have we? What if it is the lookalike of the doctor uncle/prince and then JTE actually sees the prince?

Or a possible scenario she sees lookalike of a dead person in Corea?

I’ve marveled at the possibility before. Wouldn’t it be epic if we found out Prince Jong In had already been killed and the one we’ve been seeing is his replacement? I would get the chills! But all this is quickly debunked because they already showed the photo of the murdered victim and he’s not the same guy. I believe you can see his photo at the beginning of episode 4 when JTE was pondering why each evidence conveniently leads to the next as though it was planted. 

What does he get by targeting the prince? I assume it’s because he is one of the king’s most trusted ally? The king sees him as a father and while he does suspect him, I believe ultimately, he trusts prince Jong In. Getting rid of an ally would weaken the king so he is inevitably, one of Lim’s target. It seems the point here is to plot something Gon would never see from a mile away. But, we know the king is smart and he’s already catching up. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, chewii said:

@jerboa83 the flute must be made of Bamboo... bamboo are used as bolt arrester nowadays to protect from any damaging effects of lightning that is why LG says cars are not allowed.. it is battery powered that could cause uneven polarity distribution.

Wait... When did he talk about cars? At the end of ep. 4, maybe? I missed that detail... 

2 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Wait... When did he talk about cars? At the end of ep. 4, maybe? I missed that detail... 

When JTE wanted to drive to the location of his "home", he stopped JTE and said cars cannot go there and then we have the swoon worthy scene that made all of us go crazy!!! Lol

@chewii

Thanks! Now that you have explained it, I can see how can 1 go back to the past since LG is a genius in mathematics and science. So that could have explain the first scene that we saw of LR being interrogated by JTE and SJ and him in his bloodied suit.

@Heretorant 

From episode 1, LR disappeared from the same location as our King.

But how did he go unnoticed without being seen is really absurd unless there is more than 1 location or they did not actually keep a lookout until LG disappeared.

But again, it doesn't make sense because LR used the gateway 2 or 3 times when LG disappeared from Corea.

Gahhh.. more questions to my questions. LOL

@scrawford Oh no...

I'm in dilemma after watching the clips! I like Gong Yoo as the boyfriend!!! Hahahahahaha

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

When JTE wanted to drive to the location of his "home", he stopped JTE and said cars cannot go there and then we have the swoon worthy scene that made all of us go crazy!!! 

Maybe it's just because it's in the middle of a bamboo forest...? 

• Like 4

On 4/26/2020 at 6:12 PM, Wis dom said:

Yes literally it means the same time but 1-hour separation is really not much to write home about. As the above said we avoid mentioning other dramas in here but most aired a day later which means they escape immediate cannibalism on itself. Except two and one of them aired 4 hours later I believe that was the closest. airing immidiately after can have a masive effect obviously which is logical

No they don’t, all the current Korean dramas airs one hour later on Netflix. King is doing bad in the ratings, don’t be delusional about that. If the drama gets better the rating will too because everyone wants to see LMH and KGE.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

@chewii

@Heretorant

But how did he go unnoticed without being seen is really absurd unless there is more than 1 location or they did not actually keep a lookout until LG disappeared.

But again, it doesn't make sense because LR used the gateway 2 or 3 times when LG disappeared from Corea.

Gahhh.. more questions to my questions. LOL

@scrawford 

My guess is that he got many spies ready for action and some of them already mixed into the security team. Since he have done that in ep1, I am not surprise he's doing it again.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Thank you for your input that wasn’t needed. 

Let’s discuss this after the drama has ended. 

—————————————

Why are people so obsessed with this drama’s ratings anyway? I can list so many dramas that were a huge success and well loved even though their ratings weren’t DOTS per se. I just would never go into another drama’s thread and leave a comment to let them know it was rating low lol. Yes, and? Your point is? It just seems a little too passionate for a neutral viewer and fans would never. So who would? I don’t need to answer that for us to know. 

I’m not here for pointing the ratings, I’m watching the show too, but reading the discussion I saw people insisting and comparing and spreading wrong information. I’m just clarifying that. Years ago I watched a drama that was also picked by ratings and compared with another drama airing at the same time, even with names with “moon” in it. But yeah, the show did bad in ratings but who cares? But we did not try to spread wrong information or deny it. It happens, not always the drama we love will do well in ratings. So no need to be delusional and spread false information.

The White Horse in “The King” Is Actually a Famous Celebrity Who’s Appeared in Commercials, Dramas, and Variety Shows

Maximus has options.

HT6tUPp8DMBt0kHw8sOWLFf7EXbmXeMtLQ77Tep3

The white horse named Maximus is currently gaining fans through the drama, The King: Eternal Monarch, but what most people didn’t know is that he’s actually already famous.

Spoiler

vlorGcmG78p-dCW_j-p0YlHT6Z6KJ1v6ZNM6-laG

According to a recent report by MyDaily, Maximus is a famous horse in the Korean entertainment industry.

Spoiler

zDznh-0DPaNlyxBVlAcQ3pMLJ12X_MFH0BeW1-he

He’s been in multiple TV commercials for KT Olleh as well as Show Me The Money with the rapper, Dok2.

hT2ZG4fEDebqTtbnlgSHUaYYk9Ban8-Hxpqu7e76

Not only that, but Maximus is already scheduled to appear on another JTBC drama following The King: Eternal Monarch.

Spoiler

ErU64EmwTRKDxLA4oKcbDcPdNiQdUhQOH8gTiLRq

Furthermore, he’s set to appear on the variety show, Will We Love Again 2 at the end of this month.

1kNPt93V9B2pgyEUDqhjIyNljIdIsr2xdBnBboIr

Maximus is gaining popularity due to his stunning appearance complimented by his shiny white coat and his elegant style.

Spoiler

AN5w7qzZcwgAXkb8AW4nZSqxkfkzxwW6eRJXwft7

He’s also a well-trained horse that stays calm and collected on set while flaunting his impressive activating ability.

Spoiler

M8pBrAZwvGlACFSuj0FQfX7IdvCnHe9THQJSk4a-

You can check out more of Maximus in The King: Eternal Monarch on Netflix.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/maximus-horse-king-famous-celebrity/

• Like 11
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Nat_93 said:

I’m not here for pointing the ratings, I’m watching the show too, but reading the discussion I saw people insisting and comparing and spreading wrong information. I’m just clarifying that. Years ago I watched a drama that was also picked by ratings and compared with another drama airing at the same time, even with names with “moon” in it. But yeah, the show did bad in ratings but who cares? But we did not try to spread wrong information or deny it. It happens, not always the drama we love will do well in ratings. So no need to be delusional and spread false information.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/will-k-drama-the-world-of-the-married-season-1-be-coming-to-netflix/amp/ 

Yeah don't try to misguide

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1