[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

No LMH hasn't any rule like this even he is joking on Fanmeeting but just I don't wait from SBS 

What did he joke about in the fan meeting???? Did he say that he is down to more serious make out sesh?

heheheh.... sorry I’m bugging you @leeminhosny

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ok, all jokes and naughty fangirl thoughts aside, I genuinely want the kiss to make sense. Our girl needs to like our king back before anything. Please don’t just give us a kiss to give us a kiss. It has to make sense in the story too. 

Don’t kill me.

*runs* 

:lol:

Absolutely, the kiss has to have soul in it!

@Heretorant yeah we did! Heheh...2 pages just for kisses. Do we need a private thread? Lol

@leeminhosny wow.... he really does think about his fans. That’s really sweet of him.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

What did he joke about in the fan meeting???? Did he say that he is down to more serious make out sesh?

He is down to do bed scenes :lol:

*edit* did we really just move through 2 pages because of kissing discussions? :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

He asked fans if he can shoot mature scene :lol: and fans said nooooooo:lol:

• LOL 7

9 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@Joanna Alfsoni saw gangnam blues...KRW was butt naked in that.... I don't expect that  but something will be better... I did not know that his scenes were cut...;)

Yeah.... wow! I got very uncomfortable, since we got the uncut version. Obviously not even make out scene for Lee min ho, but I guess I didn’t know that’s because he has certain image to held up too. So if he does more mature scene (nothing like Kim rae won of course) he might loose his endorsement? 

42 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@leeminhosny  basement will not do.....we need something like faith.... Kissing her in the middle of the court...and making everyone's eyebrow raise..:P:Pspecially prime minister Koo's.

talking about faith , he more likely to take nap  on her , raise everyone’s eyebrow :D

15881291141588129110.gif

15881294021588129399.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Ok you gutter minds :lol: I have a legitimate question!  Maybe it's been asked and answered, but I don't remember.  So Lee Lim was in Korea gathering his army and painting his palace while Lee Gon was growing up?  

It’s what it seems like. I don’t know about gathering army in korea tho, because he seems to be involve in gmabling business in Korea and the minions seems to be in Corea.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Ok you gutter minds :lol: I have a legitimate question!  Maybe it's been asked and answered, but I don't remember.  So Lee Lim was in Korea gathering his army and painting his palace while Lee Gon was growing up?  

It appears to be the case. And this next victim? Prince Lee Jong In. 

I was really curious about what Lee Lim was doing in the red room. Are the photos of his victims? Or of his next target? Anyone has a theory?

@Ameera Ali Awwhh that brings back my love for my dear imja couple :wub:

I love the head rest on the shoulder scenes. It’s innocent but sweet. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yah... they dropped some pictures and this thread got about three more pages just  "talking about it and beyond"  :glasses:  and this is only Wednesday noon KST.   

Okay got to go now everyone... and I'm not shocked to find out how many new pages will it be then..

p.s I just realized he's good in processing photos too... when he was in the dark room.  I guess the Prince is the next target ..since he's the second important person.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Just woke up and I saw new stills and my heart skipped a beat!!!Their visuals!!! So beautiful!!!? can't wait for Friday!!! 

I'm feeling sad for my babies Maximus and JY!!!!Fighting LTE couple!!! Also I hope Lady Noh doesn't see them here or else she might have a heart attack:P

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

1384455_445365_5235.jpg

EWvg-jJWoAEV9m7?format=jpg&name=900x900

Osan City will turn the drama set of the popular drama, "The King: Eternal Monarch," into a tourist attraction.

Osan City (mayor Kwak Sang-wook) signed a business agreement with Hwa & Dam Pictures (CEO Yoon Ha-rim), the producer of the drama "The King," on the 28th at the mayor's office in City Hall.

The signing ceremony will provide administrative support for the successful filming of "The King" with the aim of attracting tourists through video tourism, enhancing the value of urban brands and revitalizing the local economy, while the production company will include mutual cooperation in exposing filming locations and using drama content so that drama sets can be used as tourism resources after filming.

The King drama set, which was built on a public site in Nae Sammi-dong, Osan City, is a beautiful and small creative hanok structure of 750 square meters and is the background of the Korean Empire's royal palace in the drama.

Construction of the drama set began in January after receiving permission to receive donations and use them for free through deliberation by the Osan City Public Property Review Committee, and was completed last month.

After the end of the drama, Osan City plans to decide when to open the set according to the trend of the spread of Corona 19 and prepare various programs to attract tourists in conjunction with the adjacent "Asdal Chronicles" drama set.

Osan Mayor Kwak Sang-wook said, "With this agreement ceremony, the Naesammi-dong drama set site will become a popular Hallyu tourist attraction for domestic and foreign tourists and will greatly help revitalize the local economy," adding, "We will make efforts to develop Osan into a cultural city beyond education by blossoming more culture and arts."

The drama "The King" (written by Kim Eun-sook, directed by Baek Sang-hyun, and Jung Ji-hyun) was first aired on the 17th as an SBS Friday-Saturday drama starring Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae, and Lee Jung-jin. It is a fantasy romance in which Lee Gon (played by Lee Min-ho), a science-type Korean emperor who wants to close the door of the dimension, and Jeong Tae-eul, a liberal arts-type Korean detective who wants to protect someone's life, people and love, are drawn through cooperation between the two worlds.

http://www.enewstoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1384455

• Like 17

Does Lee Gon intentially do the forehead kiss or does something happen? He looks so deep and serious. Maybe he wants to tell her something very deep or maybe too shy! :love: 

LMH looking so gooooood!!! sculpture? 

Tae Eul is LOOKING AT Lee Gon's lips!!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Ok I think again and I guess Lee Gon will step back because his illness (maybe he hesitates ) and so our theory can come true maybe first step  from JTE later 

I guess this scene looks like Heirs's "almost kiss" scene

I rewatched Heirs scene and I notice Heirs love story started in Ep5 and rating started to rise then

• Like 6

Are they trying to kill us before episode 5 airs???  How many kisses is ep5 gonna tease? First the scenes in the teaser and now these stills. My heart can’t handle this :love:Also I work 12 hour night shifts thurs, fri and sat... when am I gonna fit in watching the new episodes?? Seriously considering sacrificing my sleep.....

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

49 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Ok I think again and I guess Lee Gon will step back because his illness (maybe he hesitates ) and so our theory can come true maybe first step  from JTE later 

I guess this scene looks like Heirs's "almost kiss" scene

I rewatched Heirs scene and I notice Heirs love story started in Ep5 and rating started to rise then

Maybe that's why JTE says "Lee Gon, you haven't dated someone before, have you? ":lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

14 hours ago, Aleenaaa said:

Read an interesting theory about parallel worlds on Weibo. Sharing it here.

According to that, this tree which is shown in the beginning of the teaser holds a significant importance. This tree is actually in some parallel universe which has lot of branches, each one having its own world. So, basically there are n number of parallel worlds but in this drama we are shown only 2. In episode 2, LG mentions he read in the library that history of Korea changed since Prince Sohyeon, In Korea he passed away early while in Corea he remained as King Yeongjong. So it can be said the tree began to branch from this point. And the flute is the key that opens the doors of the parallel worlds. After the bifurcation, both worlds moved in different directions and there was no intersection or overlap because flute was well preserved. But in 1994, when the flute split into two halves the gates of the parallel worlds opened and they began to overlap as people from  one world could travel to another world and change the history of the worlds.Change is easy but changing the past means changing the present which can have few side effects too. At the end, the door between the two worlds needs to be closed.

This drama is so deep!!!

Is this tree is same like the tree in the post of lmh few days back. But its not yellow colour. And i also read some where that tree in lmh post, which is in tae eul's house has a imp role in the drama. So that is why they are fated to meet? :sweat_smile:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6