[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

50 minutes ago, penjara hutan said:

Yeah you right, just let's see the lowest rating in next week.

BaeBae  :wub:

rating is good but he never reflect the real falling ,prove is N1 in Netflix in Korea ,so did Korean  have to watch again this drama ??  So ,Keep your things for u , why do u have to come and tell us this ?? We are mature and don't need somehow to make us understand something ,u are just with us to make conflict so plz if u don't like ,don't watch 

• Like 6
  • Unamused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Here’s what confusing me.

This drama has been so well received internationally on Netflix even in places where you wouldn’t expect it to like India and Nigeria - so how can it be considered a failure?

LMH’s Instagram has gone up by half a million to over 13and a half million whilst the drama has been running- that doesn’t sound like someone who is in a failing drama to me!

When SBS paid to put this drama on their channel surely they must have been told it would be aired almost at the same time by Netflix and was therefore likely to affect ratings. Or was it that they knew how much advertising revenue the drama would attract.

When people go on about the poor ratings do they not realise that SBS ratings are only half the Korea viewing story because other Koreans will be watching it on Netflix Korea.( what a shame Netflix doesn’t release viewing data) ( I think someone said Netflix subscriptions in Korea went up recently)

I feel so sorry for the cast and crew who are working on this fantastic drama and are having to cope with the unfair negativity.

What they don't get it is that SBS have already reserved her benefit from Netflix , they are not damaged  ,and for rating is that WOM is strong as family drama , it will be anther thing if we are alone in the day airing .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, inBinJinitrust said:

One way to find out, let’s keep supporting the drama ❤️

It could also maybe be that she is from the other world. The villian has been replacing alot of people with other people from his world

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

It could also maybe be that she is from the other world. The villian has been replacing alot of people with other people from his world

This character is so obnoxious it is hard to imagine how her doppelgänger can actually be like!

I think this possibility is low though as the scene at her mum’s house/restaurant indicates that she grew up there. Lee Lim would have had to bring both the mum and the daughter over to Corea

• Like 4

I have one theory in mind. That people think if someone is injured in one universe, the other gets affected too. But that will be over 7 billion people.

I guess whoever travels through both worlds and connect with same people in both worlds, that person might get affected. So only that particular group of people?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, inBinJinitrust said:

This character is so obnoxious it is hard to imagine how her doppelgänger can actually be like!

I think this possibility is low though as the scene at her mum’s house/restaurant indicates that she grew up there. Lee Lim would have had to bring both the mum and the daughter over to Corea

That is true could have been logistically nightmare for Lee Lim but still attainable but I agree she is special kind of obnoxious and entitled at the same time. Tho what still bugs me is why is he keeping Lee Gon's doppelganger Mom? Was he in love with her counterpart in his world and is that why he killed his brother or atleast part of it

• Like 5

let's be honest here, I think this drama will succeed. its already half way there. 

I am not a korean. nor I understand the language. but I always see this drama through live streaming. And tbh, with the flaws here and there, I still enjoyed in every single detail of it. Something that I failed with other KES dramas including G or D, eventhough I am a big fan of SHK. Love her. 

So I think here, its all about preference. 

As I said before, its ok not to love this drama. But hoping this drama fails or have judged drama already in the very first chapter as a boring one, thats another thing. That is called rude. No good at all. Just show who you really are. 

I love this drama already. Love the main leads also the others. I also love the story line and the content even sometimes it made me feel so stupid with things related to math and quantum theory. 

:sweat_smile:

• Like 12
  • Love 4

@inBinJinitrust hey

just wanted to say she and hyung nim are not supposed to have lookalikes in Corea according to some soomphi articles/(was it character descriptions) that were published couple of weeks ago. But now that u mention it, i wonder why!

I dont like the way she is fleshed out though audience are predisposed to dislike her as our likeable character the old granny Noh doesnt like her :) i hope she can be interesting as a grey-black character.

Her mom was there in Corea when LG's father was murdered. Check episode 1.

• Like 4

I saw funny comments on Naver:lol:

The emperor's role is a blessing itself, so please take me to the world of Gon.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Eunsuk will use Lee Min-ho as the kisser.

Looking back, Lee Min-ho  is looking at  Kim Go Eun's lips ...

Damn it's still Monday ㅠㅠ

:lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

Also, I just LOVE this piece and can’t wait for the full orchestra version as played in the last couple minutes of Ep.4. Magnificently played!

:wub: This is the one I was looking for.  Thank you.  Looking forward to hear the full version from the ost.  :wub:  So much longing :bawling:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

@inBinJinitrust hey

just wanted to say she and hyung nim are not supposed to have lookalikes in Corea according to some soomphi articles/(was it character descriptions) that were published couple of weeks ago. But now that u mention it, i wonder why!

I dont like the way she is fleshed out though audience are predisposed to dislike her as our likeable character the old granny Noh doesnt like her :) i hope she can be interesting as a grey-black character.

Her mom was there in Corea when LG's father was murdered. Check episode 1.

Yes her mom was there in Corea in ep.1. I was replying to @Wis dom regarding a guess surrounding this PM character in that I don’t think she was brought over from Korea 

39 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

That is true could have been logistically nightmare for Lee Lim but still attainable but I agree she is special kind of obnoxious and entitled at the same time. Tho what still bugs me is why is he keeping Lee Gon's doppelganger Mom? Was he in love with her counterpart in his world and is that why he killed his brother or atleast part of it

He is keeping her as his housekeeper in Korea? She was cleaning the floor in ep4 and appear to have been in charge of his meals. Definitely no romance there. I’m a bit confused when she appeared all dressed up looking well off with a chauffeur waiting for her to buy flowers for the death anniversary of Gon’s doppelgänger. I’m sure the next episodes will reveal more clues though 

• Like 7

Can I just say I am loving this drama, no matter the rating!! Also I wasn’t 100% convinced with LMH and KGE chemistry before but I take back all of my doubts. They are perfect. 

also @Wis dom where did you find that clip of those clips of them walking and holding hands all coupley??? Where is that cut scene from?? OMO :heart:

• Like 9
  • Love 3

59 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

I am not a korean. nor I understand the language. but I always see this drama through live streaming. And tbh, with the flaws here and there, I still enjoyed in every single detail of it. Something that I failed with other KES dramas including G or D, eventhough I am a big fan of SHK. Love her. 

So sorry

What I mean is, I failed with some other dramas including KES's drama G and D. 

I love the other KES drama tho

Again, sorry, my bad

• Like 8

Naver Tv The King Channel

Top 3 

Last scene of EP4 most liked video after drama's teaser1-2 and most commented video after teaser 1

So last scene is most liked and commented video after drama air started:wub:

It got 3700 hearts, 1357 comments, 215K views

• Like 9
  • Awesome 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

The theory is when LL or LG crossed to another world, the same person in 2 world would have some kind of connection. When JTE saw Luna, LG crossed to Korea. And when ES and Young felt hot at same time, LG crossed back to Corea. 

Yes, I think the worlds converge a bit when someone crosses.

11 hours ago, Jaja said:

But why Luna is at the back of JTE's car? even if there's connection, she shouldn't be in Republic of Korea. 

It's been theorized that Luna was used by Lee Lim to lure LG to Korea, that she has been crossing between the worlds.  LG was chasing her from Corea when he crossed to Korea, and that's when she showed up.  That's where following her led him.  How the rabbit appears and disappears, we'll have to see.

11 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I think except the dead body, he didn't bring others to Corea. Those people shown allegiance to him in Corea should be his old subordinates.

My question is according to official characters chart, why there's no KSJ's another name in Corea ?

Maybe Luna is also looking at a mirror, so her image shown at JTE's mirror, but actually she's in Corea.

I agree.  I don't think there is swapping.  Lee Lim is collecting followers in both worlds.  I think those people he's "helping" in Korea are still in Korea.  The group we saw at the salt farm are his old followers.

5 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

Did anyone notice as of now only the PM character does NOT have a doppelgänger in the other world (Korea)?

A doppelgänger hasn't been shown yet, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have one. The promotional materials didn't list a second character for LMH (and others) either, but we know he had a doppelgänger in Korea (who was shown to have died as a child).

KSJ is interesting.  It looks like we'll learn more about him in episode 5.  His family lost their wealth when he was 15, and his dad is also gone.  What happened then?  The double of his mom (in Corea) is a palace spy loyal to LL.  I think this affiliation is what bleeds over to hyung-nim--a convergence of the worlds--and accounts for his nightmares and his knowledge of the logo.  This conflict is what makes him someone on the edge of the wrong path.  I don't think he goes bad, given how he's shown interrogating LL in 2020.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Wis dom said:

I love this couple. We haven't seen that scene when they are walking in that background and holding hands with Orbit playing in that background

@Wis dom what have you done???

Gaaahhhhhh..... it's only Monday here!!! 

And they have progressed to holding hands behind our back???? LOL

@syntyche I could replay this scene FOREVER!!!!

My favourite scene so far.

The 2nd is when they first met. The look between  the two of them before LG walked towards JTE.... 

The 3rd will be at the park when time stilled and LG was looking at JTE lovingly.

Omg.....

:wub:

@1ouise But... how did LR know that LG is looking for someone that looks like JTE?

I don't think LG has shown the tag to many people other than Lady Noh and GY.

Hmmm.... 

@inBinJinitrust and @Wis dom I don't think LG's doppelganger mother is being kept as a housekeeper.  More like a prisoner as he locked her up I think?

Not sure why he didn't kill her unless she is the doppelganger of LG's mother in Corea and he is keeping her alive for something sinister like getting close to LG or something?

I wish they will tell more or give more backstory at a start so that it can be a little less confusing and to give those who are impatient like me a little head start as overthinking can be a little tiring sometimes. LOL

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

But... how did LR know that LG is looking for someone that looks like JTE?

I don't think LG has shown the tag to many people other than Lady Noh and GY.

Hmmm.... 

:D  Good question.  We'll have to wait and see.  LG followed the rabbit, not knowing it was a JTE lookalike.  Both he and LR have done a lot of research in the last 25 years.

Edit

Another thought:  When Lee Gon wondered if the library in his world would be the same place, and then Tae-eul visited the library, too, was that just romantic imagery we saw of them together, or were they really there at the same time, in the same space, but on different planes?  So, the parallel worlds overlap each other, but are not visible to the other, except when there is convergence??  :huh:

• Like 7