Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syntyche

[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

Is it really very difficult for some people to understand?? Everyone has their own taste. It's not mandatory that if you dislike a drama then it is not good just because you don't like it and vice versa. The things you don't like can be liked by others. So as someone said earlier, if you don't like this drama then go watch the one that suits your taste. Stop making childish arguments.There is a thin line between criticism and bashing so don't pretend to criticize when your intention is to bash. Also, this drama has lots of elements, lots of things so I'm not surprised if people say it's not their cup of tea :P

• Like 15
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Posted (edited)

Episode 5 preview

cr: Netflix Japan

"The King" filming locations

cr: freelugg_jp

EWl_mrWVAAAou7v?format=jpg&name=small

EWl_npqVAAEpYcF?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EWl_nLJUMAEPgkJ?format=jpg&name=small

EWl_mObUEAAHmIg?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, superspace said:

Wow, this thread run so fast! Glad many people are watching and exciting with this drama :)

I don't know if anyone already talk about this. I feel something with this child:

He showed at Ep 3 in very ambiguous scene

ezgif-6-3ad791dc233c.gif

And at Ep 4 when he made JTE drop her police ID card (But He looks better/neat)

ezgif-6-35e875202d02.gif

ezgif-6-ba9312653dad.gif

Somehow, I sense this child might have big role like Lee Doekhwa/Butterfly in Goblin!

It looks like this child is the one who make JTE lost her ID (purposely) and reapply to make new one with publish date: 11 Nov 2019.

And if this holds true, then consider my mind blown. Thanks to your wonderful observation, I am convinced he must be someone of importance. He is shown in two different scenes but has no identity. Why focus on a boy with no identity? Such a scene could have been directed without the boy. JTE could have grabbed her keys out of her pocket and accidentally dropped the ID by herself. So it’s certainly possible the boy was included for a reason. 

I love how this drama makes us think. I’m certain we’re not just reading too deep into the show, everything is definitely placed there for a reason. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

5 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I love how this drama makes us think. I’m certain we’re not just reading too deep into the show, everything is definitely placed there for a reason. 

Totally agree. 

I am not a fan of the lead couple and have never watched any of their dramas.

I started The King quite reluctantly due to CB but suprisingly, I have to rewatch all the episodes to pay attention to every single detail to think and connect all of them together. The scriptwriter is awesome. She makes us always think and analyze. I also like the cinematography, the autumn is so beautiful, Busan is so charming in Corea color. And my fav are Yeong and Maximus.

Can’t wait to Friday!

• Like 10

@Ameera Ali if only GY can loosen up a little bit and do a little bickering with LG!

Lol

Oh wait.. I think he did tried to threaten to tell Lady Noh about LG when he was explaining on the parallel universe. Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Did anyone notice as of now only the PM character does NOT have a doppelgänger in the other world (Korea)?

• Like 6

A question guys ...

Can anyone verify that the English subs translations are accurate (or at least close) in the drama?

I'm seeing the repeating critique that the dialog is bad, and yet after re-watching a few times I can't find anything wrong with it.

I'm currently watching via netflix with eng subs - my understanding of Korean is basic (VERY basic), still learning though :)

I only wondering because I keep seeing this critique, and am curious if its bad dialog in actual Korean that just gets cleaned up in other languages subtitles or is it just those with a general dislike.

Otherwise, hang in there everyone. This forum is blessed with great content providers, pics-memes-insight-etc. They're sure to make the next 5 days pass quickly for all of us! :blush:

LCO

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min-ho Focus Cam, Press Conference of "The King: Lord of Eternity"

• Like 12
  • Love 2

I like that innocence in the both scenes...:)

• Like 12

I am so glad this thread has not been graffiti upon individual non factual opinion. It's hard enough to stay saint during this locked down period. We may have different views but as long as it stays constructive critism = valuable debate and view points. However bringing own opinion and stating it as fact creates room for unnecessary arguments.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thanks most of us here for your great analyses  and inputs. Hopefully we can keep it this way. Also since this drama hasn't completed yet as quoted by someone 

3 hours ago, penjara hutan said:

Let's to be honest everyone, this drama will be boring. I mean, is not like another Kim Eun Sook drama's. 

May this drama WILL BE SUCCESSFUL  ;)

• Like 9
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 6

Oh boy some people are wishing to see it failing 

It takes very bitter heart to feel like this. Actors will recover but it is behind the camera workers whose livelihood depends on success of drama.

Even i dislike some actors, i never wish anyone to fail.

I hope ratings rise because hundreds of families run on these productions. It is a 32 billion won drama and i will never wish such things in anyone.

Btw king has already made profit and with so much product placement,  channel is losing no money. They bid for it for the advertising  revenue it brings.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, inBinJinitrust said:

Did anyone notice as of now only the PM character does NOT have a doppelgänger in the other world (Korea)?

Also, I just LOVE this piece and can’t wait for the full orchestra version as played in the last couple minutes of Ep.4. Magnificently played!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Here’s what confusing me.

This drama has been so well received internationally on Netflix even in places where you wouldn’t expect it to like India and Nigeria - so how can it be considered a failure?

LMH’s Instagram has gone up by half a million to over 13and a half million whilst the drama has been running- that doesn’t sound like someone who is in a failing drama to me!

When SBS paid to put this drama on their channel surely they must have been told it would be aired almost at the same time by Netflix and was therefore likely to affect ratings. Or was it that they knew how much advertising revenue the drama would attract.

When people go on about the poor ratings do they not realise that SBS ratings are only half the Korea viewing story because other Koreans will be watching it on Netflix Korea.( what a shame Netflix doesn’t release viewing data) ( I think someone said Netflix subscriptions in Korea went up recently)

I feel so sorry for the cast and crew who are working on this fantastic drama and are having to cope with the unfair negativity.

• Like 17
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

Today Top 1 in Netflix Korea. Looks like Koreans are watching it on Netflix mostly...hope people don't take SBS ratings seriously and give unfair judgments without looking at the bigger picture. 

1wp8dpu.jpg

Credit : DC Gal

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 6

I love this couple. We haven't seen that scene when they are walking in that background and holding hands with Orbit playing in that background 

• Like 4
  • Love 9