[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

This is literally me right now! 

ezgif-2-5c9503003cea.gif
cr. as shown

Please, someone tell me how to cope with this wait. I can’t seem to find interest in watching anything else. How am I supposed deal with this for another 7 weeks? Why is time moving so slow? Please tell me I’m not the only one going crazy.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 12

I just saw someone on Weibo pointed out why JTE saw Luna in her car.

The theory is when LL or LG crossed to another world, the same person in 2 world would have some kind of connection. When JTE saw Luna, LG crossed to Korea. And when ES and Young felt hot at same time, LG crossed back to Corea. 

62e857c0ly1ge7dg3k21dj21jl2lrqf3.jpg

62e857c0ly1ge7dg5b68qj21jl2lrk5a.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 5
  • Insightful 14

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

This is literally me right now! 

cr. as shown

Please, someone tell me how to cope with this wait. I can’t seem to find interest in watching anything else. How am I supposed deal with this for another 7 weeks? Why is time moving so slow? Please tell me I’m not the only one going crazy.

Nope you are not the only 

one. I have two dramas I haven’t finished that I started 2 weeks before the king air, and haven’t touch it since, and trying to watch ozarks cause it’s a really good show!!! But I just can’t start it. I’m re watching episode 4. Lol! Oh and watching random clips of our couple press con/interview that has English sub. 

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

The theory is when LL or LG crossed to another world, the same person in 2 world would have some kind of connection. When JTE saw Luna, LG crossed to Korea. And when ES and Young felt hot at same time, LG crossed back to Corea. 

cr as tagged

That makes sense. Might be something worth put on the story page of this thread since we know that people might need a bit more guidance to understand the story

• Like 8

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

But why Luna is at the back of JTE's car? even if there's connection, she shouldn't be in Republic of Korea. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

I agree .I have no problem with villain characters .

Example I like Lee Lim because he is a Villain  .We need them so the plot moves.But prime minister looks like a mean child who wants everything just because.

I dont see brains ,I dont see clever strategies I dont see a plan .She better be Lee Lim's minion .

Exactly! The character lacks intuition and consistency. For instance she wants to fool the general public that there's something brewing between her and the king and yet contradicts her intentions by trying to provoke the king with her sarcasm. Like you said, she doesn't come across as a real politician or a strong leader. I simply don't understand the character

As for the evil uncle, his motive is clear but the intention is not. I don't buy the whole brotherly war for the crown because that's too cliche for a grand drama like this. Even loki had better intentions and backstory as a villain in thor. But then again execution matters too. Not everyone can pull off a villain/grey character with empathy and charisma. I empathized with loki more than thor lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:33 AM, Dramafreak said:

i am wondering how did evil uncle get people from one side to the other? Are there other openings? Does he cross on foot and does he bring people one by one or in groups? Also, what does he do about people's memories? Does he pick the vulnerable and people without families?

I think except the dead body, he didn't bring others to Corea. Those people shown allegiance to him in Corea should be his old subordinates.

In Taiwan Netflix interview, KGE said she had not yet filmed the scene that JTE meeting Luna, but WDH already filmed the scene that ES and Young meeting each other. So,  maybe Young will cross to Korea with Lee Gon.

22 hours ago, Aleenaaa said:

Thanks to ohchloe for this!! For those who get confused between the characters (like me:D)

My question is according to official characters chart, why there's no KSJ's another name in Corea ?

2 hours ago, Jaja said:

But why Luna is at the back of JTE's car? even if there's connection, she shouldn't be in Republic of Korea. 

Maybe Luna is also looking at a mirror, so her image shown at JTE's mirror, but actually she's in Corea.

EWlKzkKUwAE4E4m?format=jpg&name=large

EWlK0OkU0AA105B?format=jpg&name=medium

EWlK0mjUEAcfVf2?format=jpg&name=large

cr. purple_heart87

• Like 15
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

My question is according to official characters chart, why there's no KSJ's another name in Corea ?

That makes me think maybe he's originally from Corea only and had crossed the worlds when he was a child. That's why the nightmares and that logo thing. Need to wait for next episode to see the interaction between him and JTE as shown in the preview. 

Edited by Jillia
Please answer outside the quote, thanks!
  • Like 7

Wow, this thread run so fast! Glad many people are watching and exciting with this drama :)

I don't know if anyone already talk about this. I feel something with this child:

He showed at Ep 3 in very ambiguous scene

ezgif-6-3ad791dc233c.gif

And at Ep 4 when he made JTE drop her police ID card (But He looks better/neat)

ezgif-6-35e875202d02.gif

ezgif-6-ba9312653dad.gif

Somehow, I sense this child might have big role like Lee Doekhwa/Butterfly in Goblin!

It looks like this child is the one who make JTE lost her ID (purposely) and reapply to make new one with publish date: 11 Nov 2019.

• Like 13
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

LMH Twt update

Romance Expert Lee Min Ho

Melodramatic Eyes Moments

EWl37xJVAAEI9RX?format=jpg&name=small

"Finally, I see you"

A look of emotion

EWl38k5VcAAcKSI?format=jpg&name=small

"I will make you my empress"

A serious look

EWl39LuUcAA3gAC?format=jpg&name=small

"I saw something beautiful."

Ecstatic eyes

Spoiler

EWl39ytU4AE0bb8?format=jpg&name=small

"The one I loved"

Affectionate eyes

Spoiler

EWl4E3ZVAAITyWl?format=jpg&name=small

"I am the Emperor of the Empire of Corea, and my name, which should not be called, is Lee Gon."

Charismatic, fluttering eyes

Spoiler

EWl4FjDU0AABwVS?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

Let's to be honest everyone, this drama will be boring. I mean, is not like another Kim Eun Sook drama's. 

The plot is annoying, the dialogue very weak, and i don't feel a good chemistry between KGE and LMH. I know they are have a same good quality actings, but is nothing if they can't build a solid relationship between them.

Beside that, the reason why this drama  have low rating is because TKEM aired on SBS, (which is I prefer to TV Cable than TV national).

Just for information, at the first time TKEM will be aired on TVN but because the contract getting down, Kim Eun Sook change her choice to SBS.

As we all know, that SBS don't have a lot money to build a big drama's with full of CGI and wonderful world.

Goblin?

Mr. Sunshine?

And many more.

So that's why TWOTM beat TKEM.

I mean, look at the cinematography and music quality? JTBC and TVN is better than national TV.

I speak from a neutral point as I do not really know you much other than whatever text you have written. What I have said is my general opinion and not specifically targeted at your favourite drama. Hope you understand.

Edited by penjara hutan
  • Like 2
  • Unamused 1

Is it really very difficult for some people to understand?? Everyone has their own taste. It's not mandatory that if you dislike a drama then it is not good just because you don't like it and vice versa. The things you don't like can be liked by others. So as someone said earlier, if you don't like this drama then go watch the one that suits your taste. Stop making childish arguments.There is a thin line between criticism and bashing so don't pretend to criticize when your intention is to bash. Also, this drama has lots of elements, lots of things so I'm not surprised if people say it's not their cup of tea :P

• Like 15
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Episode 5 preview

cr: Netflix Japan

"The King" filming locations

cr: freelugg_jp

EWl_mrWVAAAou7v?format=jpg&name=small

EWl_npqVAAEpYcF?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EWl_nLJUMAEPgkJ?format=jpg&name=small

EWl_mObUEAAHmIg?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, superspace said:

Wow, this thread run so fast! Glad many people are watching and exciting with this drama :)

I don't know if anyone already talk about this. I feel something with this child:

He showed at Ep 3 in very ambiguous scene

ezgif-6-3ad791dc233c.gif

And at Ep 4 when he made JTE drop her police ID card (But He looks better/neat)

ezgif-6-35e875202d02.gif

ezgif-6-ba9312653dad.gif

Somehow, I sense this child might have big role like Lee Doekhwa/Butterfly in Goblin!

It looks like this child is the one who make JTE lost her ID (purposely) and reapply to make new one with publish date: 11 Nov 2019.

And if this holds true, then consider my mind blown. Thanks to your wonderful observation, I am convinced he must be someone of importance. He is shown in two different scenes but has no identity. Why focus on a boy with no identity? Such a scene could have been directed without the boy. JTE could have grabbed her keys out of her pocket and accidentally dropped the ID by herself. So it’s certainly possible the boy was included for a reason. 

I love how this drama makes us think. I’m certain we’re not just reading too deep into the show, everything is definitely placed there for a reason. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3